2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Fuji Heavy-Duty Batteries - 60 Pk
$5.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

? Not rechargeable ?

Silly Rabbit......

JAaronL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JAaronL

wow.. this is embarrassing woot

alwayssky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alwayssky

You didn't sell out of these during the Woot Off? I was hoping for something different and special.

Love this site, anyway. Maybe tomorrow's Woot will bring me more joy.

Jonas4321

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Jonas4321

My smoke detector takes a 9V.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18

These batteries are terrible. At least in xbox controllers.

devexityspace

quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

It's a great price for throw away batteries, but I would not recommend putting these batteries in your high-end electronics.

I've had a few Fuji Batteries leak battery acid in the controller that goes to one of my RC Helicopters.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I bought these during Christmas time. They're great for really really really light load devices. Like Dumb tv remotes (without screens) and clocks and leakfrogs. Anything else and it's a no-no.

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

I take it they didn't sell that many during the woot-off.

Must be a great deal.

bmason3604

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bmason3604

These again? They seem like they're always for sale and the general consensus is that because they're not alkaline, they're pretty much only usable in remotes...

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Previous Woot here

While they may not be idea for high power devices, they will work just fine for your TV remote, or during holidays when gifting cheap toys. Anything else can be charged via USB nowadays.

carriegirl79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carriegirl79

Bought these before Christmas and the kids go through them like tic tacs. No complaints though..can't beat the price!

GMilberger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GMilberger

Am I the only one that, whenever this deal comes up, mistakes the batteries for energy drinks?

I might need to get my sense-of-scale examined...

MerwinJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MerwinJr

Seriously, batteries... That is a "Woot-off" item. C'mon guys, you must be getting desperate.

If we have a global warming problem, then I want the inventor of the internet (Al Gore) to walk out into any town in America without a jacket, and then deliver a speech on the topic. What a punter!!!

Darksoul13

Product website

http://fujibatteries.com/product-line/heavy-duty

Silly Rabbit......

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
carriegirl79 wrote:Bought these before Christmas and the kids go through them like tic tacs. No complaints though..can't beat the price!

How do they taste?

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

In for one. Even though woot and us aren't on the greatest terms.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

niks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages niks

Man, looks like Woot are going to keep trying to stuff those down people's throats even though it's been said many times they are plain junk...

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

Great if you are also running out of batteries for your remote controls

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/coupling/episodes/s1ep2.shtml

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

amlee1978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amlee1978

These things are crap! I went through 12 in one day in my camera. My wireless mouse had to be changed every other day. You're definitely getting what you pay for.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
shabazz18 wrote:These batteries are terrible. At least in xbox controllers.

Hence why there are 60!!

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

Spectral

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Spectral

These batteries are ok for TV remotes and very low drain devices, but absolutely terrible in anything else. Zinc-carbon batteries were "heavy duty" in the 1980s, now you're better off with alkaline, or perhaps lithium for high drain.

These also tend to leak and have a very short shelf life.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

Waste of material. They won't last very long. Be sure to recycle them, many big stores have bins in the front for recycling batteries.

A far better buy would be some NiMH AA and AAA batteries and a quality charger. They'll last for 100s if not 1000s of recharge cycles.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

Got 'em a couple of months ago.Can't recommend, unless your kid has an annoying noisy toy. These will make sure you won't be bothered very long. On a lark, I tried two of the AAs in my point and shoot camera. Didn't last for one shot.

motherlaura

quality posts: 8 Private Messages motherlaura
GMilberger wrote:Am I the only one that, whenever this deal comes up, mistakes the batteries for energy drinks?

I might need to get my sense-of-scale examined...

Weird, that's what I thought it was at first too... Until I read.

stryper2000

quality posts: 22 Private Messages stryper2000

will these work in something like a police scanner? I

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x36

IdahoCowgirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCowgirl

A quick Google search shows that you can buy these batteries for the same price from many other sites. Not such a good deal for batteries that are only good for limited things. You'd get 60 of them and you'd need to use them in the next two years. Given that my remotes take about 2 batteries and I've used the same cheap batteries for the past 4 years, I'd need to have 30 remotes that need batteries now to make this work.

"This message is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are not to be considered flaws or defects."

Darksoul13

Darksoul13 wrote:Product website

http://fujibatteries.com/product-line/heavy-duty

Product Features

Features: Extra Long Life Batteries from a name you can trust Perfect for remotes, radios, clocks, phones, flashlights, toys and more! Choose AA or AAA size Extra Long Life batteries contain no harmful mercury or cadmium 900mAh
Expiration Date: 10/2014

Silly Rabbit......

numps

quality posts: 2 Private Messages numps

These were "Heavy Duty" back before alkalines were invented. Why anyone still makes them is beyond me. They aren't much good for anything because of the very low power and the high probability of acid leaking.

As to use in a digital camera? Even alkalines are horrible there. Modern cameras draw power so fast that alkalines overheat and crap out early. Stick to lithiums -- like Energizer 8X Lithiums. Best power per penny for high-draw items like cameras (or anything that needs to work near or below zero degrees.)

ghosrider99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ghosrider99

I bought these last time they came around and they have been priceless for XBOX controllers and have paid for themselves already. I would say with an hour of use every day I have to change them about every two weeks. Not bad when you consider the price.

niks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages niks

A reminder to the unaware that according to the expiration date and the expected life for these type of batteries, they've been shelved for several years.

Dhraakellian

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dhraakellian

Given what folks are saying about the quality of these batteries, I'm going to pass.

That said, they do actually list milliamp-hours. I wish Duracell, Energizer, and the like would do that.

My colored box^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H qube has turned dark red^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H brown. I don't really need to show off a list of everything I've wooted anymore, do I?

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Did you hear the energizer bunny was arrested? He was charged with battery!

I wonder what actually classifies a battery as "heavy duty"

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

big lots and dollar stores have these in 8 packs for $1.Why get stuck with a bunch of batteries that will be dead before you can use them all.
Also the AA batteries are just the AAA batteries in a AA shell, same amp hours.

CTycoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CTycoon

Who would have thought that the worst woot off ever would become woot's motto for everyday. Seems They are trying to put this site out of business. Used to be a great place to get quality items for a low price, not anymore.

Chizl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chizl

Purchased these the last time around. Other batteries that usually last weeks, these do not. They last a few days. Your getting what you paid for. Takes a whole box to match up to a standard energizer.

--
Chizl

tsintgiras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsintgiras

It says take that fire alarm they take 9v batteries

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

crap batteries, how exciting.

planettom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages planettom

Oh my....woot you are slipping further down that slippery slope. I know the world is supposed to end this year, but c'mon, have some dignity.