ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:Looking for a laptop, a cheap one.

Did you look at the Dell or Compaq Outlets?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
daj59 wrote:Did you look at the Dell or Compaq Outlets?

Dell wrote:Thank you for visiting the Dell Outlet. Our site is currently being upgraded to provide better performance and features that will ultimately enhance your shopping experience. We are working quickly to complete the upgrades and expect to have the changes completed within the next few hours. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this scheduled change. Please check back with us after 3:00 AM Central Standard Time (CST) on February 26th to continue your Dell Outlet shopping

I don't want a Compaq.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

Looking on Ebay...
PROCESSOR: FAST INTEL PENTIUM 266 MHZ WITH MMX!!

HARD DRIVE: HUGE 4.0 GB (4000 MB)

MEMORY: 64 MB RAM SO IT WON'T SLOW DOWN WHEN RUNNING MULTIPLE PROGRAMS!!

CD-ROM: 24x CD-ROM DRIVE BUILT IN AND INCLUDED!!

Heh...

FenStar

Are there Dell B&M stores?

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
FenStar wrote:Are there Dell B&M stores?

Some malls will have a Dell kiosk, but they order stuff from there. I don't think they keep anything to sell on site.

FenStar

zea3 wrote:Some malls will have a Dell kiosk, but they order stuff from there. I don't think they keep anything to sell on site.

Thanks.

FenStar

I think I am going to get a
Inspiron 1501
Mobile AMD Sempron™ 3500+ (1.8GHz/512KB), Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic
W/ upgraded batt for $609+ shipping
Then just use my old hard drive because it has all of my stuff on it.

Does that sound good?

FenStar

FenStar wrote:I think I am going to get a
Inspiron 1501
Mobile AMD Sempron™ 3500+ (1.8GHz/512KB), Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic
W/ upgraded batt for $609+ shipping
Then just use my old hard drive because it has all of my stuff on it.

Does that sound good?

System Price : $529.00

Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista Home BasicMemory
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (1 DIMM)Hard Disk Drive
60 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)Video
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemoryCertified Refurbished
Certified RefurbishedBase
Inspiron 1501 Notebook: AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MK-36 (2.0GHz)Media Bay
24X CD RW/DVD Combo DriveSoftware Upgrade
Qualifies for an Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home BasicNoteBook Screen
15.4 WXGA Notebook ScreenHardware Upgrade
9 Cell Primary BatteryNetwork Interface Card
1390 Wireless Card

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Okay, serious topic...

I have been drinking coffee on occasion...(I can hear the *gasps* now. Don't worry, Diet Coke is still #1.)

I need a recommendation for a good coffee maker. I have a crappy one that I bought because we don't use it unless we have company. I have decided that I need something better.

Recommendations?

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
killingtime wrote:Okay, serious topic...

I have been drinking coffee on occasion...(I can hear the *gasps* now. Don't worry, Diet Coke is still #1.)

I need a recommendation for a good coffee maker. I have a crappy one that I bought because we don't use it unless we have company. I have decided that I need something better.

Recommendations?

Anything by Bunn would be great. I think they are more expensive, but they are good and last a long time.

killingtime

Raining wrote:
Anything by Bunn would be great. I think they are more expensive, but they are good and last a long time.

Are you a big coffee drinker?

I don't care about cost...well, unless it is like $500 or something.

I bought my first pound of ground coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. It probably won't taste the same as what they make.

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
killingtime wrote:Okay, serious topic...

Recommendations?

Get a french press.

Bodum Chambord

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Get a french press.

Bodum Chambord

Way too fancy for me!

I iz seampole foalk.

Plus it looks like a pain in the arse to clean...too many loop-dee-loops for dust catching...

No afenze.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

I bought my first pound of ground coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. It probably won't taste the same as what they make.

Drink Kona or dark roast Columbian.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Way too fancy for me!

I iz seampole foalk.

Plus it looks like a pain in the arse to clean...too many loop-dee-loops for dust catching...

No afenze.

I don't know where you get that... far less complex than a drip pot. Good luck getting inside one of those things and cleaning it to your liking. It's just a jar with a plunger.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Drink Kona or dark roast Columbian.

Sownds lik it iz beeyawnd seampole foalk tiep ov cawfee.

Raining

killingtime wrote:

I am a big coffee drinker. You should be able to get a Bunn for under $100.
I buy Starbucks at the grocery store and that is what I use.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Sownds lik it iz beeyawnd seampole foalk tiep ov cawfee.

Well, I would buy Dunkin Donuts... If I liked drinking pee.

killingtime

Raining wrote:I am a big coffee drinker. You should be able to get a Bunn for under $100.
I buy Starbucks at the grocery store and that is what I use.

Okay. I will start with Bunn then. (Errr...that rhymed.)

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
bluebledthesea wrote:

Buy a cheao grinder (less then $20) and grind your own cofee beans right before you brew it.
I like the drip pots, clean em with vinegar every so often and they are fine.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Pea iz nootrishus.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Pea iz nootrishus.

Hahaha

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I've had drip pots, a Bunn, and percolators. I like the percolators the best. And much easier to clean than the others. Nothing's hidden. I use Chock Full O'Nuts decaf. I can't drink regular anymore.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Not much of a coffee drinker, but I'll occasionally have a cup of vietnamese coffee over ice.

killingtime

Okay...I may have narrowed it down between two coffemakers...

The Bunn that Rain recommended or the Cuisinart Silver or Cuisinart Black.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:I've had drip pots, a Bunn, and percolators. I like the percolators the best. And much easier to clean than the others. Nothing's hidden. I use Chock Full O'Nuts decaf. I can't drink regular anymore.

Are the percolators the ones where the water pushes up through the finely ground coffee and is really strong?

pooflady

FenStar wrote: Are the percolators the ones where the water pushes up through the finely ground coffee and is really strong?

I don't think so. In a percolator, the water goes up through a metal "stem," and falls down over the coffee in a basket. How much coffee you put in the basket determines its strength. Another thing I like about a percoaltor, you can smell the coffee a lot more.

Edit: That might be the coffee press. I'm not sure.

pooflady

killingtime wrote:Okay...I may have narrowed it down between two coffemakers...

The Bunn that Rain recommended or the Cuisinart Silver or Cuisinart Black.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but you realize with a Bunn there is always water in it. The coffee you're making currently is from the water you put in there the last time.

killingtime

pooflady wrote:

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but you realize with a Bunn there is always water in it. The coffee you're making currently is from the water you put in there the last time.

?

Not sure I understand. Isn't whatever you put in the reservoir...like 10 cups of water, come out 10 cups in the pot?

I put in a bid on ebay. If I lose, I lose, I put it in my cart at Amazon so if it goes on sale, I would know about it. I think I have established my maximum of $75.

Watch tonight's woot will be a coffeemaker.

killingtime

P.S. Thanks, Rain, for the recommendation...I read several sites and they say Bunns are the best and that they don't leak all over like the other brands. The one I am looking at is 5 star rated.

pooflady

killingtime wrote:

?

Not sure I understand. Isn't whatever you put in the reservoir...like 10 cups of water, come out 10 cups in the pot?

I put in a bid on ebay. If I lose, I lose, I put it in my cart at Amazon so if it goes on sale, I would know about it. I think I have established my maximum of $75.

No, that's not how it works. The water that you put in today stays until the next time you make coffee. That's how you have hot coffee in three minutes or whatever. The water is hot and ready to go. It's always plugged in. And you have to make sure if you don't use it for a while, that you add water or it will burn out. That's what happened to mine. We went on vacation, son was supposed to put water in. Silly me.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

No, that's not how it works. The water that you put in today stays until the next time you make coffee. That's how you have hot coffee in three minutes or whatever. The water is hot and ready to go. It's always plugged in. And you have to make sure if you don't use it for a while, that you add water or it will burn out. That's what happened to mine. We went on vacation, son was supposed to put water in. Silly me.

You should have known better. Heck, nobody fed the fish when I was gone for 3 days. I'm sure they were all swimming at the glass looking at son and hubby each time they passed the tank.
The coffee pot doesn't even look at you, it stood not chance.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

killingtime wrote:

?

Okay. Bastard! I got outbid. By someone in MO, nonetheless! Woot better have a nice coffeemaker in the next 3 days.

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
killingtime wrote:

Okay. Bastard! I got outbid. By someone in MO, nonetheless! Woot better have a nice coffeemaker in the next 3 days.

We have one of the coffee makers that have an insulated carafe, we bought it here.
I like it because the coffee stays hot for 5 -6 hours and doesn't stay on a hot burner
all that time. The coffee seems to stay fresher longer, doesn't get that burnt taste.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

KT, you must know by now, you only bid on the last day. If you bid a few days before the end, you are only driving up the price.

All the action is in the last hour.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:
We have one of the coffee makers that have an insulated carafe, we bought it here.
I like it because the coffee stays hot for 5 -6 hours and doesn't stay on a hot burner
all that time. The coffee seems to stay fresher longer, doesn't get that burnt taste.

The Keurig?

I would prefer the Bunn or Cuisinart, but we know woot won't sell those...or not yet.

I am open to those 1 cup coffeemakers....

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

KT, you must know by now, you only bid on the last day. If you bid a few days before the end, you are only driving up the price.

All the action is in the last hour.

Heh. Not necessarily...no one bid against me for the Flightcheck software that I bought less than a week ago.

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
killingtime wrote:

The Keurig?

I would prefer the Bunn or Cuisinart, but we know woot won't sell those...or not yet.

I am open to those 1 cup coffeemakers....

No, the Hamilton Beach StayNGo.

My experience with a Bunn type coffee maker is that if you don't use it often, as in
more than just once a day, you will wind up losing a little water to evaporation.

i.e. If you put in 10 cups in the morning of day one and don't make coffee until the morning of day two, you will lose some of the water from the reservoir. It happens
because the water in the reservoir is constantly being kept at a high temperature.

Granted, my experience with the Bunn has all been the professional model, like a
restaurant,office, or convenience store would have. I always had to put the
equivalent of one cup of water in the reservoir if I wanted 10 cups (a whole pot).

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

Raining

What Poof said about the water is true, you might think about this. It has water in it all the time and if you don't make coffee every day it might be old and I know your
uptight about germs. Since we have an office in the home, it goes all the time.

killingtime