liammc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages liammc
ppachuber wrote:What was the code for not paying shipping for Texas shipping?

TAXSUCKS

The tree leaves are dead.

Soccerball69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soccerball69
Bezalel wrote:This has a major design flaw. The steering colomn is placed between the accelerator and brake pedels making is extremly awkward to hit the brakes.

Dude, real nascar racers use two feet

ppachuber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ppachuber
liammc wrote:

TAXSUCKS

Thanks a bunch!!!

tibracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tibracer
impreza749 wrote:how would this work with a Honda city turbo II in gran tursimo 4

ONLY with Stage 3 weight reduction.

jesuitson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jesuitson
billh6789 wrote:Shouldent this work with the ps3 and xbox360 being that the games on these units are backwards compliant

No... the controllers are nowhere near compatible.

giggleloop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giggleloop
Bezalel wrote:This has a major design flaw. The steering colomn is placed between the accelerator and brake pedels making is extremly awkward to hit the brakes.

I'm guessing they want you to use your left foot to brake and your right to accelerate? And then just one of the buttons to clutch/shift?

liammc

ppachuber wrote:

Thanks a bunch!!!

NP. Old time wooter

flutebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flutebook

Well, I'm in for two. One for my son and one for his friend to use when they are racing each other. Should be a lot more fun this way. His birthday and the timing on this Woot were made for each other. Ribs, from my point of view.

thestepfordwife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thestepfordwife

Ok you guys that play these games (I don't)...do you think my nine year old would be jazzed about this? We got him an Xbox (yr before 360 came out) and his fav game is a racing one (because he is too young to be allowed any gun/war/fighting games)...and afformentioned age prohibits any play other than on supervised tv in "game" room? I am thinking it looks like it might be something fun for him???

ppachuber

ppachuber wrote:

Thanks a bunch!!!

HMMMMM It didn't take it under the gift certificate/coupon code???? Totally confused.............

oister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oister

Since I don't play video games, I think that I will buy one of these and turn it into an actual car. It shouldn't be too hard since this kit already comes with the seat, a steering wheel and two pedals.

Soccerball69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soccerball69
thestepfordwife wrote:Ok you guys that play these games (I don't)...do you think my nine year old would be jazzed about this? We got him an Xbox (yr before 360 came out) and his fav game is a racing one (because he is too young to be allowed any gun/war/fighting games)...and afformentioned age prohibits any play other than on supervised tv in "game" room? I am thinking it looks like it might be something fun for him???

When I was younger I used to love racing games more than anything. I would have killed for something like this.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
ppachuber wrote:

HMMMMM It didn't take it under the gift certificate/coupon code???? Totally confused.............

The taxsucks code has a minimum price that, I believe, corresponds with the amount of tax that would break even with shipping.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

kuoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuoh

You mean the floormat with a backstand?

KuoH

sourc3 wrote:Does the steering wheel/pedal assembly detach from the seat? I'd be tempted to get it just for the chair part.

tronne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tronne

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RC73910&AID=10440852&CJPID=227502

With ground shipping its basically 8$ more.... ribs item but does not work with any of my consoles....

T

Bought... lots of stuff...

stohje

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stohje
giggleloop wrote:

I'm guessing they want you to use your left foot to brake and your right to accelerate? And then just one of the buttons to clutch/shift?

I really think those are paddle shifters behind the steering wheel, which would allow for "clutchless" shifting, like in my M3 SMG!

but nobody pays attention to me anyway

Better stand back, I'm about to w00t!!!

liammc

thestepfordwife wrote:Ok you guys that play these games (I don't)...do you think my nine year old would be jazzed about this? We got him an Xbox (yr before 360 came out) and his fav game is a racing one (because he is too young to be allowed any gun/war/fighting games)...and afformentioned age prohibits any play other than on supervised tv in "game" room? I am thinking it looks like it might be something fun for him???

Why not? Your a parent now the games all have rating, Which I no longer trust. Try the games yourself, *wink* . Then decide. I'd recommend an on-line rental company, or BB entertainment. This controler seems solid, yet still waiting on a weight restriction.

ppachuber

Gatzby wrote:

The taxsucks code has a minimum price that, I believe, corresponds with the amount of tax that would break even with shipping.

Thanks anyway.........oh well.........

thestepfordwife

Soccerball69 wrote:

When I was younger I used to love racing games more than anything. I would have killed for something like this.

Thanks, think I'll grab one or so...just gotta figure out how to hide the woot box from the spouse since he had some choice comments about the woot box full of keyboards over the weekend.

kuoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuoh

Serious drivers use both feet.

KuoH

Jynne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jynne
thestepfordwife wrote:

Thanks, think I'll grab one or so...just gotta figure out how to hide the woot box from the spouse since he had some choice comments about the woot box full of keyboards over the weekend.

Next time the spouse needs a keyboard, sell it to them!

Only one more shopping day until tomorrow!

liammc

ppachuber wrote:

Thanks anyway.........oh well.........

Not myself. That's a woot issue. Simply contact them. They have been wonderful over the yrs .. Emails aren't funny , Business. Spent over 1,500 in the past week.

normalbrains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages normalbrains

this looks badass. great xmas gift for some friends.

1 2 3 4 5 6

thestepfordwife

liammc wrote:

Why not? Your a parent now the games all have rating, Which I no longer trust. Try the games yourself, *wink* . Then decide. I'd recommend an on-line rental company, or BB entertainment. This controler seems solid, yet still waiting on a weight restriction.

Thanks...wish I had time to try 'em out myself. Mentioning weight, he is a big boy (tall as me and wears a men's size 10 shoe...he's NINE YEARS OLD!) I hope he won't be too large to use it?

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

I found an owner's manual. It shows where all the buttons are located.

I appear to be melting.

Fake555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fake555
stohje wrote:

I really think those are paddle shifters behind the steering wheel, which would allow for "clutchless" shifting, like in my M3 SMG!

but nobody pays attention to me anyway

M3... bleh...

haroutv2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroutv2

YOU CAN USE THIS ON YOUR PC::::

buy a PS2 to USB converter from FRYS ELECTRONICs/BESTBUY/CircuitCity!
I use my ps2 control on the computer all the time it works great!

stohje

http://dealspl.us/Gamester-Race-Pac-Racing-Wheel-Seat-Pedals-for-PS2-Xbox_22305

Description
This Gamester Race Pac puts you in the driver’s seat….literally!! With awesome features like spring loaded responsive steering, **paddle shifting** and realistic acceleration and brake pedal feel you’ll never go back to handheld controllers again!

stohje

Fake555 wrote:

M3... bleh...

and you drive what?

ppachuber

liammc wrote:

Not myself. That's a woot issue. Simply contact them. They have been wonderful over the yrs .. Emails aren't funny , Business. Spent over 1,500 in the past week.

I got one anyway. The tax was only $2.89 plus the $5.00 for shipping. My son will enjoy it. He is forever racing on his PS2. Have a good night and thanks for your help. See ya!!

Dode1936

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dode1936

Why does this thing look like it came out of the movie "40 Yr Old Virgin?" Sorry, no thank you.

thestepfordwife

Jynne wrote:
Next time the spouse needs a keyboard, sell it to them!

Lol! I should sell 'em at the community garage sale this summer...they cost what? two bucks each? Bet I could get five bucks for 'em....that would show him!

oister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oister
liammc wrote:This controler seems solid, yet still waiting on a weight restriction.

The instructions say that if you weigh more than 300 pounds and tend to jerk violently while playing video games, you will give yourself a concussion as your gargantuan head slams backwards into the floor with a sick hollow CARAAAACK after the seat collapses.

imtigger2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imtigger2
CRWJumper wrote:I almost bought one until I read a little and realized that it won't work on a PC. AARRGGH!

PC adapters are very easy to come by... and you can customize the controls!

I'm in for two...

Jynne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jynne
thestepfordwife wrote:

Lol! I should sell 'em at the community garage sale this summer...they cost what? two bucks each? Bet I could get five bucks for 'em....that would show him!

Obviously with your progressive thinking you are no stepfordwife. Good job! Also good luck with this purchase, if my son was younger and into racing games I would have bought this in a minute.

Only one more shopping day until tomorrow!

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc

Nascar and xbox. It's like bread and butter baby! xbox rules the universe!! Cancel Monday Night Football - we need more Nascar! PC gamers xbox is taking over the planet! You know you want more xbox. ok, now that your face is all red you can trash me now.

I don't care what you think.

stohje

Dode1936 wrote:Why does this thing look like it came out of the movie "40 Yr Old Virgin?" Sorry, no thank you.

lol, that was my first thought too

MaxHedrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxHedrm
kuoh wrote: Serious drivers use both feet.

KuoH

Yeah, left for clutch, right for gas & brake ... at the same time. Otherwise, how do you keep the throttle up & turbo spooled while downshifting into a curve. :^P

w.w: Robert Craig 2005 Mt.Veeder • Bonny Doon Angel Paille • Thanksgiving Coffee • Shadow Canyon Late Harvest Pinot Blanc • Vino Noceto • JanKris • Substance • SakéOne Trio • InZINerator • Polyphemus • Robert Craig 2004 Mt.Veeder • Mumm Brut Prestige & Pinot Noir • SakéOne Quartet
s.w: Good Morning Starshine • Jungle Within • Get on the Mike • Fact vs. Fiction • How We Roll • Life Renewed • Thrive • 1988 • Maple Leaf • Shades of Winter
w: too dang many

eegorr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eegorr

Who uses the brakes? LOL!

eegorr

thenicestguy24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenicestguy24

I gotta get one of these, i mean, look at the price, use it on ps/xbox/pc, i already have xbox to usb box.