- I'd love to see more... Well, useful items on Woot. I would love seeing nice power strips for 2 for tuesdays, CD binders, DVD spindles.... Things we use. Maybe start something like an overstock.woot to put all of the ridiculous items no one wants after they get posted. You can only sell so many 3rd generation ipod nano headgoggle earbud cleaning kits, and I can't help but shake my fist at my monitor when seeing something like that on multiple occasions.
- Since lots of products can be bought direct from manufacturer as refurbs, it'd be nice to see the selection expanded. I'd love to see some nice Logitech or Klipsch speaker systems for PC's, head units for home theatres, battery backups, internal PC parts, maybe even cell phones, etc.
- I wish a music.woot for music gear would be sustainable, but I doubt there'd be much of a market for it =(
- book.woot? =)
Few responses after reading through:
- food.woot or world.woot would be great as mentioned, for food. Trying different candies, spices, coffees, etc from around the world would be pretty fun
- Movies.woot would be great! There are LOTS of quality bargain bin movies out there, and you could sell daily bundles of related movies or boxed sets...
- This is actually my first post because I'm really intrigued by the CEO of one of my favorite websites personally posting/responding (which I think is awesome, btw, and you have EXCELLENT taste in beer (mmm shiner mmm)). As speculated, I've never posted because reading through most comments makes me want to stab myself in the face. How many "wheres the carp", "first", "second", "respiffied rules", "wheres the fish", etc do I have to go through to read a relevant post? I'm not sure how one would fix this though... You certainly wouldn't want to be a Tom Servo about posting
- To those complaining about woot not directly taking returns: what good would they do you? Do you think they have a warehouse of parts and technicians waiting to fix products? They explicitly sell things with manufacturer warranties for a reason, the manufacturer will be 10x more helpful than woot can be. Lay off =) I certainly think it was a good idea to have a dedicated rep from companies you buy larger lots from, though.