TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
wik wrote:I could use this. Damn McCarran keeps trashing my luggage.

see you gamble before you even get off the plane.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

pavanb500

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pavanb500
JohnQ118 wrote:I use Eagle Creek luggage and have traveled for years with the same bags, around the world (India, UK, Japan - multiple trips to each place, and across the US) without problems.

I don't get why people expect the miles flown to equate to the damage done to your bags....you'll have a heck of a lot less potential for damage when your bag is cradled in an LD3 container in the belly of an aircraft from NYC to Bombay than you'd have when your bag is hand-handled, conveyed on belt loaders into the belly, and stacked in order of most fragile (bottom) to least fragile (top..crushing everything else) on your journey from DSM to JFK via MSP, WT(eF), and DTW

FJRFoxes

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FJRFoxes

RE: not enough space to store:
Some of the new luggage nests inside each other. The Coleman set on does. Although I loves the 4 wheel freewheeling cases better, this looks ok.

Airlines are getting strict on weight. Even lightweight luggage weighs 13 pounds.. empty.

Red is a hot popular color now, so brown might be different.

If I had not just bought a new set I would go for it.

FJRFoxes

JBean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JBean
kramerd wrote:6 months ago it was 10.8 pesos to the dollar, now it is 10. You are getting ripped off.

I think it was 9.3:1 a couple of weeks ago when I was there, but I round. Heck, I was going all-inclusive, no $$$ spending while I was actually there except for postcards and such. As long as it's better than 1:1, it's all good

afkun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afkun

I think if you're afraid of runny luggage dye, you just line your suitcase with a large trash bag and after you're packed, tie it inside. If you've also zip-locked your toiletrees, your stuff should be safe.I just realized I don't really have anything to travel with when I go trans Atlantic for a week in a few months, I'm in for a bright red set. Thanks, w00t.

imagecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagecaster
pavanb500 wrote:I don't get why people expect the miles flown to equate to the damage done to your bags....you'll have a heck of a lot less potential for damage when your bag is cradled in an LD3 container in the belly of an aircraft from NYC to Bombay than you'd have when your bag is hand-handled, conveyed on belt loaders into the belly, and stacked in order of most fragile (bottom) to least fragile (top..crushing everything else) on your journey from DSM to JFK via MSP, WT(eF), and DTW

Or just flying into the wrong airport, like Philly where the luggage handlers have a union run by gangsters and they break luggage on purpose.

Over 75 wootilicious purchases so far, including: 1 unmutilated Be the Monkey Woot T-shirt, 12 screaming monkeys and 2 leakfrogs. Ribbit.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

so..... did they go to Walmart or Shopko for these badboys?

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl
afkun wrote:I think if you're afraid of runny luggage dye, you just line your suitcase with a large trash bag and after you're packed, tie it inside. If you've also zip-locked your toiletrees, your stuff should be safe.I just realized I don't really have anything to travel with when I go trans Atlantic for a week in a few months, I'm in for a bright red set. Thanks, w00t.

The trash bag idea is such a good one! Nothing is worse than someone else's luggage oozing onto yours, and then your stuff is all gooey with perfume of who-knows-what. Great idea! Thanks.

pavanb500

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pavanb500
arnoldstrife wrote:pssh! If you spend good money on a suitcase set they last long.
I spent 200 on a set at Costco. It last me
3 International Trips
5 Domestic Trips
2 Car trips
and 1 Train trip where I had to throw it into a moving train and then jump aboard in a 3rd world country.
In addition to that at the same 3rd world country the wheels last going into rocky dirt roads and various other environments where most travelers will never go.
No tear or damage, it still looks pretty nice. Although the rolling handle broke on the smallest suitcase because i get into the habit of carrying it by that instead of the actual handle. Not really it's fault.
A set like these will probable be good for your average traveler. If not you can do what i do with suitcases before my current pair and use it to clean up your storage of old items.
If you travel alot, buy a good set. That way you don't have to buy as often. That and when you are in a foreign country and your suitcase just tears / the wheels breaks. IT vacuums! don't let it happen to you.

If your referring to that Ricardo Beverly Hills brand, I couldn't agree more. I travel quite a bit (I work for an airline...if that helps put it in perspective) - and I can't count how many coworkers I've convinced to switch to Ricardo to replace their worn out Samsonite or other random overpriced brand stuff.

My large check in roller has survived over 1 year and 3 months averaging 100 legs a year - the only thing that broke was one of the rivets holding one of the rollers in place...but a black zip tie fixed that and it's as good as new!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

At first, I thought this price was a joke. Now that i'm realizing that it's not, i'm pretty scared.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

shoron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoron
pglee wrote:Except that they're both the same brand. Look at the full image of the set.

Yea it's the same brand alright but the one on Sears.com looks a lot better, is only a three piece set and retails for $230. Yea they're very similar............

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_01467171000P?vName=For+the+Home&cName=Luggage&sName=Luggage+Sets

cfrueauf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfrueauf

Really, What can you get for $45 anymore? I think it is a great buy.

FrontRowJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrontRowJoe

Now I can say my first Woot was mediocre. Had to pull the trigger on this one: the wife wanted a garment bag, and our large pullman just lost a wheel/leg. I'm not looking for lifetime durability, I just hope the color doesn't bleed.

pacoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacoe

wow !!! not refurbished ? I'm speechless!

reidr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reidr
pavanb500 wrote:If your referring to that Ricardo Beverly Hills brand, I couldn't agree more. I travel quite a bit (I work for an airline...if that helps put it in perspective) - and I can't count how many coworkers I've convinced to switch to Ricardo to replace their worn out Samsonite or other random overpriced brand stuff.

My large check in roller has survived over 1 year and 3 months averaging 100 legs a year - the only thing that broke was one of the rivets holding one of the rollers in place...but a black zip tie fixed that and it's as good as new!

We just lost a large Ricardo BH suitcase to the oafs at McCarran (just to combine a few themes that have popped up here). Two of the front pockets were badly torn, so they became impossible to zip and now just flap in the breeze. How the hell does that happen?! It was a fairly cheap Costco deal so I didn't get too worked up, but still annoying.... We're not sure what might have fallen out of them. That piece lasted many trips with little trouble.

JadenKale

pacoe wrote:wow !!! not refurbished ? I'm speechless!

dude, they're nice to us on Sundays... they give us new carp on Sundays... they feel holier that way

Bluevideo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluevideo

I actually own this set, and then some -- it sold as a 7-piece set, adding a rolling duffle bag, and branded "American Tourister". It was $79 on Black Friday at Sears.

Yes, it IS the same set -- Sears uses both American Tourister and BH Polo Club to brand their house-brand suitcases. To wit:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_01493024000P?mv=rr

Except for the rulling duffle bit and the branding, I challenge you to find even the smallest detail different. It's exactly the same stuff, and it's currently "on sale" (with the 7th piece) for $120.

In a nutshell, I'm leaning towards buying a second set at this price -- to stow out-of-season clothes and because I'm likely to be moving across the country (again) in 6-10 months.

It's mediocre, indeed -- after a couple of trips, one of the suitcases lost its shape somewhat, as one of the corners got crushed. But would a more expensive soft-side set have fared much better?... unless it uses metallic inner bracing to keep its shape, probably not. Baggage handlers don't care if your suitcase says Louis Vuitton -- I'd even wager they give it "extra special" treatment.

The fabric and build are definitely good enough for the price -- and you won't cry when something inevitably happens to it at the airport.

gccampos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gccampos

Who cares if they are all black. Tie a yellow ribbon or a piece of purple yarn on the handle!

gccampos

imagecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagecaster
Bluevideo wrote:I actually own this set, and then some -- it sold as a 7-piece set, adding a rolling duffle bag, and branded "American Tourister". It was $79 on Black Friday at Sears.

Yes, it IS the same set -- Sears uses both American Tourister and BH Polo Club to brand their house-brand suitcases. To wit:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_01493024000P?mv=rr

Except for the rulling duffle bit and the branding, I challenge you to find even the smallest detail different. It's exactly the same stuff, and it's currently "on sale" (with the 7th piece) for $120.

In a nutshell, I'm leaning towards buying a second set at this price -- to stow out-of-season clothes and because I'm likely to be moving across the country (again) in 6-10 months.

It's mediocre, indeed -- after a couple of trips, one of the suitcases lost its shape somewhat, as one of the corners got crushed. But would a more expensive soft-side set have fared much better?... unless it uses metallic inner bracing to keep its shape, probably not. Baggage handlers don't care if your suitcase says Louis Vuitton -- I'd even wager they give it "extra special" treatment.

The fabric and build are definitely good enough for the price -- and you won't cry when something inevitably happens to it at the airport.

No problems with fabric bleed?

Over 75 wootilicious purchases so far, including: 1 unmutilated Be the Monkey Woot T-shirt, 12 screaming monkeys and 2 leakfrogs. Ribbit.

derrico69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derrico69

They are medocre alright. I got one of these as a gift, and it is ok for the occasional traveler, but if you compare it to a good ballistic nylon bag like pathfinder, (or Travelpro) it does not hold up. If you do 1-3 trips a year these will last for a couple of years. six months if you are a roadwarrior.

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy

they have this brand at Ross/TJ MAxx/Big Lots all the time - very carpy. the nylon is very thin, and wont't take very many beatings before it falls apart. The zippers also bind and break often. Not even worth the 40 bucks. Save up for some good luggage.

Bluevideo

imagecaster wrote:No problems with fabric bleed?

Mine are black... they did get a good drenching on a business trip to Seattle. I haven't had an issue at all.

They have a plasticky/rubbery covering on the inside of them -- the outside fabric doesn't come into contact with the contents.

JadenKale

derrico69 wrote:They are medocre alright. I got one of these as a gift, and it is ok for the occasional traveler, but if you compare it to a good ballistic nylon bag like pathfinder, (or Travelpro) it does not hold up. If you do 1-3 trips a year these will last for a couple of years. six months if you are a roadwarrior.

so for some of us... a lifetime XP

mabell007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mabell007

This is actually pretty good luggage, it is from the same company that mfgs Sharper Image luggage, and we all know how well that company held up!

http://www.enegroupusa.com/

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

I'm in for three sets. What the heck. 40 bucks for 6 pieces and Christmas is coming fast. My ex-wife has been whining about needing a new luggage set big enough to accommodate our son too. Maybe this will soften up some of that thick concrete crust encasing her black heart and keep her off my back for a few... weeks... or something >.<

cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe

wow, about 8 days too late. just got home from the cold north tonite. already up to my ears in luggage! this would've worked for us, tho

vasuk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vasuk1

Making of this product:

They use the unsold clothes at walmart/costco/bj's and unsold xxxl baggy zippers and create this product..

Bluevideo

Y'know, now that I think about it -- there are no signs of this set ever existing in "Beverly Hills Polo Club" branding, just in "American Tourister" branding (see Sears link above). I'd bet dollars to donuts these all ended up on Woot! because the Chinese manufacturer moffed up what logo was supposed to go on these.

mitogirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitogirl
mabell007 wrote:This is actually pretty good luggage, it is from the same company that mfgs Sharper Image luggage, and we all know how well that company held up!

http://www.enegroupusa.com/

Good URL find. Here's another: http://www.enegroupusa.com/bhpc-product.aspx?id=woot# Well, almost....

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
JadenKale wrote:dude, they're nice to us on Sundays... they give us new carp on Sundays... they feel holier that way

L!o!l! Jaden quit making me laugh while I'm still at work .20more minutes =)

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
SilverStar830 wrote:My ex-wife has been whining about needing a new luggage set big enough to accommodate our son too.

Must be a small kid to fit in there with her.

geomit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geomit

"But busted zippers and weak dye in the rain spooks me. Better pass. "

Where is this commet made? I was about to purchase but I saw your comments.
Please give me more information.
Thank you

adhareshwar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adhareshwar

How the 90-day Limited Woot Warranty work with this thing?

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry

Will these fit inside of each other?

bbonifas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbonifas

i'm with Ginniesch. i wanna know more about this Applebees with a different color interior.

shulemzk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shulemzk

great deal.

Bluevideo

stonefry wrote:Will these fit inside of each other?

Yes. The whole set sold at Sears within the largest suitcase.

HelenO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HelenO
jsp wrote:Here's an idea for you: anytime I travel, I always pack things in ziplock bags before putting in suitcase - helps keep things together and easy to find - and keeps any inspectors mits off my duds should bag be opened for inspection along the way -- so any possible running dye wouldn't be an issue then either.... if you're seriously concerned about that...

ZIPLOCKS? Amateur! ;-) Ziplocks are for your 3oz bottles in your carryon, and maybe your bathing suit or your smelliest sneakers. For everthing else, there's Masterc--- oh, I mean, Pack-its!

Invest in a few Eagle Creek Pack-It folders and cubes/tubes. Suddenly, you find out exactly how much can *REALLY* fit in your luggage, there's less wear and tear on the bag's zippers because it's not crammed full, and your stuff doesn't come out all wrinkled when you get to your destination. You, too, can play mall retail clerk, because the pack-it folders contain a flexible plastic rectangle around which you fold your clothes so that they all end up the same size. I'm always packing at the last minute, and this is really the fastest way to do it.

As someone else mentioned, sorting the stuff in your luggage makes for reduced "paw-age" should your bag be selected for review at the airport. (If yours contains the mishmash of chargers that usually accompanies a travelling wooter, the odds are in favor of this occurring.) I suspect every time they open my bag, take out a stack of pack-it folders containing clothing, take out a pack-it cube containing all my adapters and chargers, take out the shoes randomly here and there between all the pack-its, shrug, and put it all back, without disrupting the folded clothes. As an added plus -- pack-its help protect the stuff in your luggage JUST IN CASE there's a tear or zipper issue, etc.

I have red Victorinox luggage that cost far more than today's Woot, and wouldn'tcha know it, within ONE FLIGHT, the red was already scuffed up with big black marks. (PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!? Did they drag it along the tarmac behind the baggage cart to get it that worn out looking?) So particularly if you're of the "any color but black" persuasion, and tend to like red, I'd recommend less expensive bags like these. If the red are still available in the morning when I'm more awake, I'll probably spring for a set.

Danc922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danc922

Anyone know what the full measurements are of these? I'm traveling on a long international trip soon, and I need luggage for it, but all of the measurements need to comply with the airlines' limits.

JadenKale

TAYLORT5 wrote:L!o!l! Jaden quit making me laugh while I'm still at work .20more minutes =)

what are you doing on the comp when you're supposed to be making star brownies for the shirt.woot designers?!??!?!?!