matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

smithma7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithma7

I had a shirt.woot encounter at a disc golf tournament this last July. I was wearing a shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2363539) and the other person was wearing a shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2139613). We were both wearing shirts... go figure. Anyway, he recognized mine and then I remembered seeing his, but neither of us used the secret phrase.

Now I know, and knowing...

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

There's a whole thread on shirt.woot by people who have spotted shirts and been spotted themselves.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

shark131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shark131

What is the secret passphrase?

thespaniardsteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thespaniardsteve

If I am hearing it correctly, I believe its Bah, shirt, boss.

-Spaniard

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
thespaniardsteve wrote:If I am hearing it correctly, I believe its Bah, shirt, boss.

It is "Boss shirt, Boss"

And you reply, "I know!"

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Damn, I did it wrong! I only yelled out WOOT SHIRT! He replied "What?"
WOOT SHIRT! Oh, yeah, it is a woot shirt!

We were smiling like fools in this picture.
My husband and his whole family thought we were both nuts.

Next time it will be "Boss shirt, Boss!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

"and thusly, you will be known to one another."

darshaddkyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darshaddkyre

this a gnna be a problem on my campus, since quite a few people that I know have woot dead weasels and in they're the ones who introduced me to woot. This works better to street encounters.

Now I want another shirt.

cofeature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cofeature

Its better than pointing and yelling "Lime in the Coconut!!!" across a crowded restuarant.

oOps...

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

So like...what happens if I go, "Boss shirt, boss!" And the guy never listened to this podcast, so he's all, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?" And then I'm like, "Uhhh....nothin' man...I was just..." and he totally cuts me off and says, "Listen you stupid piece of $#!*, I was a GREAT boss! I was only laid off because of the damn economy! You think you're funny with your little sarcastic remarks?!? HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS ANYWAY?!?"

So then I'm like freakin' out because this dude's totally big enough to bench press my entire family, so I start to walk away quietly and he goes, "Don't you walk away from me boy!" and he throws a brick at my face and I have to get rushed to the hospital with a huge gash in my forehead and a concussion!!!

Yeah...so...if that happens, will Woot pay for my medical bills? I'm just sayin'...

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

denelly666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denelly666
Mr3dPHD wrote:So like...what happens if I go, "Boss shirt, boss!" And the guy never listened to this podcast, so he's all, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?" And then I'm like, "Uhhh....nothin' man...I was just..." and he totally cuts me off and says, "Listen you stupid piece of $#!*, I was a GREAT boss! I was only laid off because of the damn economy! You think you're funny with your little sarcastic remarks?!? HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS ANYWAY?!?"

So then I'm like freakin' out because this dude's totally big enough to bench press my entire family, so I start to walk away quietly and he goes, "Don't you walk away from me boy!" and he throws a brick at my face and I have to get rushed to the hospital with a huge gash in my forehead and a concussion!!!

Yeah...so...if that happens, will Woot pay for my medical bills? I'm just sayin'...

You just better hope when you get to the emergency room that your doctor doesn't have on a Woot shirt too... or you will really have a dilemna.

freddyferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freddyferret
darshaddkyre wrote:this a gnna be a problem on my campus, since quite a few people that I know have woot dead weasels

Don't those start to stink after a while? I know mine did.

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek
Mr3dPHD wrote:So like...what happens if I go, "Boss shirt, boss!" And the guy never listened to this podcast, so he's all, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?" And then I'm like, "Uhhh....nothin' man...I was just..." and he totally cuts me off and says, "Listen you stupid piece of $#!*, I was a GREAT boss! I was only laid off because of the damn economy! You think you're funny with your little sarcastic remarks?!? HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS ANYWAY?!?"

wow... Marry me??

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot

You are a hoot!!

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
freddyferret wrote:Don't those start to stink after a while? I know mine did.

So Freddy..do you have a ferret??

steamboat_trader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steamboat_trader

My wife pointed out I have 5 woot shirts now. Problem is I live in this small town way up in the Rocky Mountains where Woot is unheard of, much less shirt.woot. I'm sure I'll never get the chance to say Boss Shirt, Boss.

By the way, where's my "how we roll" shirt, huh? #6

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak
dontwantaname wrote:Damn, I did it wrong! I only yelled out WOOT SHIRT! He replied "What?"
WOOT SHIRT! Oh, yeah, it is a woot shirt!

That sounds like a possible back-up secret pass phrase...

Obscenely and obnoxiously screaming "WOOT SHIRT" and the one wearing the shirt looking shocked and scared must reply "what?!?!"

That would be fun to watch

rockefoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockefoe

hahaha this is totally hilarious =]

i'll say the "secret passphrase" to my brother when he gets home (his closet is overrun with shirt.woot shirts) and see if even HE knows what to respond!

[he's the one who introduced me to shirt.woot so if he doesn't it'd be a good excuse to make him buy me a shirt ;D ]

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
steamboat_trader wrote:By the way, where's my "how we roll" shirt, huh? #6

Mine just came today!

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976
steamboat_trader wrote:

i spotted someone in the how we roll shirt, i said "woot?" and he said "you know it"

Princessjolie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princessjolie

I sort of feel bad now for not knowing what to say in return. Although to be fair I was in the airport security line when some guy all but screamed at me about my shirt. It was friends forever. I think the shirt went over well with the TSA guy. I mean sure he searched my bags twice with the scanner and then basically unpacked my entire bag.

I am sorry TSA guy in NY Kennedy Airport. Next time I will know what to say in return and the unnecessary searching wont happen again. Right?

BBob3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BBob3
steamboat_trader wrote:My wife pointed out I have 5 woot shirts now. Problem is I live in this small town way up in the Rocky Mountains where Woot is unheard of, much less shirt.woot. I'm sure I'll never get the chance to say Boss Shirt, Boss.

Might I suggest that you dress in one of your woot shirts and your wife then do likewise -after which you arrange to meet for a lunch date to take place in town. And then, well.......you get the idea.

No thanks necessary. Glad to be of help.

abbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abbot

What would be the prudent response to a person who uses the phrase on you... when you're the one who bought the shirt for them?

richmoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richmoney

Saw my first shirt.woot.com shirt today, outside of the ones in the mirror (man that guy dresses snazzy). Secret passphrase applied, and lost... must spread

ky4ensicgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ky4ensicgirl
richmoney wrote:Saw my first shirt.woot.com shirt today, outside of the ones in the mirror (man that guy dresses snazzy). Secret passphrase applied, and lost... must spread

Here's a suggestion for a shirt.woot spotting "smart-butt" phrase for those of us who like to give a little back to the world whether they want it or not! Upon spotting a fellow shirt.woot patron adorned in the finest threads 100% cotton/sarcasm blend has to offer recite this lovely poem:

How much loot was your woot shirt, dude? 'Cause you're woot shirt, dude's a. beaut!

Now we all know barring the occassional special deals that this is a trick question and, therefore, to answer with a dollar amount is both wrong and revealing (of what, I am not sure, the data is still being analyzed).

So the true response, in keeping with the "if you aren't with us, you are gong to wish you were later when you're trying to figure out what just went down" woot theme, I believe should be a powerful word! A word that can hold it's own (even in sentence fragments like this). That word is...

KOI!!!!

"Arby's Could Get You Pregnant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyL6FyvGFzI&feature=youtube_gdata

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm

HAH, the first day I wore "you have to try this guys" the usher at the movie theater just chuckled and said he just got that one too... I had to inform him of the secret pass phrase so he would not be embarrassed thusly in the future.

>insert funny quote here<