isalisb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages isalisb
dcigary wrote:Still gotta figure out what these 2Wire things are good for....

They'd work great if you were unable to use WiFi in your home for some reason. They may also work with ATT UVERSE:
http://homepnablog.typepad.com/my_weblog/uverse/

editorkid

quality posts: 105 Private Messages editorkid

Well, I'll be darned: My three Bleeding Oily Crotches were waiting for me when I got home. Huge box; my building doesn't have a large foyer, so the folks arriving for my landlord's election party had to squeeze.

I didn't count the bags of air. (Is there supposed to be an invoice or something? I didn't even see a piece of paper.) Up top there was the standard issue JVC camcorder bag that all good wootsoldiers are issued (I just bought a DSLR and I hope the body and lenses fit in there but I doubt it); a couple of those PC Port deals that I suspect will be cat toys soon enough; one of those universal AC/DC adapters (I'll adapt them to Miles Davis, I guess); and...

oh yeah...

a Roomba 4150. Which a search of the Woot forums shows is a 4105 that was silvered up for an Amazon and Target exclusive. Which isn't very exclusive, but I have no complaint.

Although the cat might. Heheh. I don't do unboxing photos, but we may soon see some YouTube clips of my new robot overlord trying to get every last little bit of kitty fur, even if she ain't done with it yet.

$3 + $5 shipping and the Roomba alone is $199 at target.com right now. I'm happy. Thanks, woot -- if you're ever in the 'hood, stop by and check out my clean, clean floor and potentially hairless cat.

jvreinig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jvreinig
jgr526 wrote:After looking at that letter, it makes me think the guy that just said he received the same letter totally faked it...

The font and placement is too similar to be written out by a person, so it makes you think maybe its a printed template. But then you notice the small differences in the font. The D with no curl, the extra useless comma before the last AND. It's fake. Not only that...it seems like the "woot!" above the fake letter is a font from word cliparts....

I don't usually post my thoughts wearing my tinfoil hat, but I had to call bull of chit on this one.

I too have received a note from woot! on official woot! letterhead - the one pictured with the loot definitely looks fake AND different from the other pic.

btw, my letter came inside a dancing hula girl pinata and warned me to take care when beating her (I paraphrase). Offical pic of the letterhead (and the awesome hula girl, whom I still have) can be found here: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1164665

bjwong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjwong

Received my first 3 Bandolier of Carrots's today. All items are brand new. Total weight 9.2lbs

12 x Texas air (1 deflated)
1 x Go Duster
1 x Mossimo gift bag
5 x iGo wall8 Universal power adapter (no tips)
1 x Timex am/fm clock radio for Sansa (don't have a Sansa)

bargainbaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbaron

Got my first Bandolier of Carrots today.

1 GPX Undercabinet CD Radio
1 Samsung S85 Digital Camera (respiffied)
1 JVC Camera Bag
1 Whoopee Cushion Toy
65 bags of Polluted Texas Air

I am happy with it. On to the next woot-off!

lunarhuntress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunarhuntress

Opened up my first ever Braille on Cookies (it did not have a weight), and I did appreciate my dose of woot humor....

79 bags of air
1 JVC bag
2 Ms. Incredible figures (one with a broken leg)
1 Mr. Incredible figure
1 random empty plastic bag, included for no apparent reason
1 ripped piece of that softish material that computer stuff comes wrapped in a lot, again, included for no discernible reason
1 Black & Decker Pocker Power Rechargeable AC/USB Power Supply

and

1 RCA Digital HDMI to HDMI 9 foot cable--with a "Defective Merchandise Slip" receipt taped to the back of the (taped together) package. Sweet!

icec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icec

Aghm... Am I the only one whose Bandolier of Carrots hasn't shipped out yet?

idrank2muchmilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idrank2muchmilk
icec wrote:Aghm... Am I the only one whose Bandolier of Carrots hasn't shipped out yet?

Your not alone... Fedex is saying they have just recieved notification of my package not the actual Barack Obama Champion...

ArizonaGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArizonaGuy

For all of you who got lots of Sansa MP3 players:

Does anyone have a working one they'd like to donate? I would love to replace my girlfriend's failing old mp3 player.

Swap the Delphi lighted USB cables I got, maybe?

Rawicas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rawicas

i got one bag i hate my frakking life exspecialy since obama won

kokenjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokenjr
Rawicas wrote:i got one bag i hate my frakking life exspecialy since obama won

I mean...you didn't think he'd lose, did you? Explains why you got one bag, short-sightedness. J/k. Had to poke fun. :P

MrMrGlass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMrGlass
kokenjr wrote:I mean...you didn't think he'd lose, did you? Explains why you got one bag, short-sightedness. J/k. Had to poke fun. :P

Do not make the "Bunch of Cheerleaders" cheap - I should toe the line and say "It is what it is --------- toe the line" fix shix now - peace out !!!!

Rawicas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rawicas

i only got one bag so my woot is goign to suck

jmdustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmdustin

I really do need some help figuring out what to do with my bassinet of cuddles. I got an iRobot Verro 300 pool cleaner that appears to have been returned for "damage/defect" but I can't see anything wrong with it.. nor can I test it, since I don't have a pool.

So, do I try to get it replaced by the manufacturer like a standard woot! and then sell it on ebay or do I sell it as-is? These are going for $600 on ebay right now (new) and I could really use the extra cash for Christmas.

Oh great and all-knowing wootmasters, please advise!!!

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
jgr526 wrote:After looking at that letter, it makes me think the guy that just said he received the same letter totally faked it...

The font and placement is too similar to be written out by a person, so it makes you think maybe its a printed template. But then you notice the small differences in the font. The D with no curl, the extra useless comma before the last AND. It's fake. Not only that...it seems like the "woot!" above the fake letter is a font from word cliparts....

I don't usually post my thoughts wearing my tinfoil hat, but I had to call bull of chit on this one.

I don't know one way or the other if the letter is real, but that is the original Woot! logo from when they first started in the original purple color.

khmairice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khmairice
liberalfascist wrote:Received my B O C today:

1 x Orion 90V Pro Joystick "For IBM PC XT/AT or 100% compatible system"
1 x small clear gift bag with 50 ml shampoo, 2 bath cubes, and a tiny 'kurl-mi' hairbrush
1 x Tornado Wash Gun
1 x Go Duster w/ Go Duster Multi-Surface Spray

Pretty pleased, this is an improvement over my last Bandolier of Carrots, which included a '2005 guide to online shopping for dummies'

Got the same thing. But instead of the Wash Gun I got a TIMEX Sansa Series AM/FM Clock Radio... bwt it was weighed at 9.5lbs.

n8r0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n8r0n
n8r0n wrote:My Beethoven On Cocaine arrived today, but I am away on business and my wife refuses to tell me what it contained!

UPDATE!

My wife decided to fill me in on what was in my Bandolier of Carrots:

Lots 'o Tejas Air
1x Portable FM Transmitter
1x Jabra Bluetooth headset
1x JVC Camera Bag
6x USB Networking dongles
12x Various Sansa MP3 players (different models and capacities)

Will get more info when I get back from my trip. Not a bad haul overall!

mxwjs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mxwjs

I understand it is impossible to “prove” anything on the internet, but before you imagine that I created a magic font based on a hand written letter then messed up the letter head; consider the possibility that the same person wrote a new letter on a different letter head.

Either way, the letter’s existence has no dependence on people ‘believing in it.’ For those interested, I will post video and/or pictures when the item arrives

My thoughts on the letter:
At first i thought it was printed but it is, in fact, hand written. I am guessing they do this to help prove authenticity. It is hand written so it won’t be exactly the same as the last one, but it SHOULD be obvious that is was written by the same person. This eliminates people just taking the previous pictures, re printing them, and then taking a picture to fake it.

salp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salp

I'm really excited to see that someone who had a package that weighed 20.3 pounds got a Roomba. My package is 20.7 lbs and all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed. Woot's Smarpost tracker has changed my date of arrival to tomorrow from Saturday, which is terrific because I'm going to be out of town all weekend.

Bigreen2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigreen2k1
mxwjs wrote:I understand it is impossible to “prove” anything on the internet, but before you imagine that I created a magic font based on a hand written letter then messed up the letter head; consider the possibility that the same person wrote a new letter on a different letter head.

Either way, the letter’s existence has no dependence on people ‘believing in it.’ For those interested, I will post video and/or pictures when the item arrives

My thoughts on the letter:
At first i thought it was printed but it is, in fact, hand written. I am guessing they do this to help prove authenticity. It is hand written so it won’t be exactly the same as the last one, but it SHOULD be obvious that is was written by the same person. This eliminates people just taking the previous pictures, re printing them, and then taking a picture to fake it.

Hey man, I still believed the authenticity when the nay-sayers .... well, said "nay". I think its great that Woot staff take the time to hand write letters.

I did not compare the writings, but I figured they had many staff members who could have written those letters. Can't wait to see what you got!

If I had a dollar for every Barrel of Crops I bought, I could buy a value meal at McDonald's!

Bigreen2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigreen2k1

Opened mine last night:

Weight: 3 lbs.

(1) JVC camera bag
(2) Logitch web cameras ... not sure of model
(1) LiveWell 3-in-1 kitchen master ... grates chees, grinds herbs, makes kittens cry .....
(11) PC-Port 1000 USB things
(1) Sansa 2GB e200 series .. broken LCD
(1) Sansa 4GB e200 series .. no audio
(1) Sansa 8GB e280 .. works, but has very touchy controls
(1) Sansa 1 GB m240 .. not tested, but says refurbished

Seems like a good haul to me! If anyone has a Sansa cable they would trade for, please PM me.

If I had a dollar for every Barrel of Crops I bought, I could buy a value meal at McDonald's!

cllumley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cllumley
Bigreen2k1 wrote:Hey man, I still believed the authenticity when the nay-sayers .... well, said "nay". I think its great that Woot staff take the time to hand write letters.

I did not compare the writings, but I figured they had many staff members who could have written those letters. Can't wait to see what you got!

I BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE!! why shouldn't I it does me no good to not.. Just take things for what they are :-) and Congrats to you....

crimsonclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonclay
Invisiblemoose wrote:llo, that's fantastic.

That bad boy is most definitely loaded with tons of lead! Don't give it to a child or store it around your groin area.

acraigl

quality posts: 186 Private Messages acraigl
acraigl wrote:FedEx just listed mine at 4.9 lbs. Not nearly as heavy as I would like.
We'll see this Friday!

An omen of good things? My scheduled delivery was pushed up one day -- I will now enjoy my Bangin' Orange Corvette one day early! Woot!

VOTE! >>

BeanDip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BeanDip

Not sure what is going on with mine... seems to be in limbo. I usually get my BoCs before everyone due to living in Fort Worth. Smartpost says estimated delivery 11/3

But since 10/31 when it says "Shipment Accepted - Fort Worth, TX" the status has not changed.

Is it just sitting in the backroom of my Post Office? Do I need to sent my Woot Monkey army to investigate?

http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://www.wilsoninfo.com/texasC.gif

jeauxkewl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeauxkewl

Yay, my first Box of Cookies showed up yesterday.

66 bags of Texas air (useless to me as I'm on the unlimited plan down here in Houston)
1 JVC CB-V77U Camcorder bag
1 Elastigirl (Mrs. Incredible) action figure
1 Mr. Incredible action figure
1 Black & Decker Pocker Power Rechargeable AC/USB Power Supply
1 Otto OT-4 Surround Sound Stereo Headset

I'm very pleased.

Random Crap x 6 plus a ton of other quality spontaneous purchases.

eddieregi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eddieregi

8.2 # somewhere in Minnesota. Due in on Saturday.
Maybe, just maybe, I'll be incredibly lucky and get the base station for the home-wiring-intercom extension units I got in my other Bandolier of Carrots.
Maybe, just maybe, they'll decide Obama didn't win, too.
Hmm, I wonder how much 10 million absentee ballots would weigh? 8.2 #? Maybe those lost McCain votes are in my box!

Or, maybe I'll get some more Sansas for spare parts.

Either way, who's the real winner? I am!

funyvanman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funyvanman

Is it true that Texas air is made in Mexico?

Should be getting my Bought On Credit today or tomorrow!! Can't wait! The biggest challenge is making sure my wife doesn't open it before I get home.

belsonc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belsonc
funyvanman wrote:Is it true that Texas air is made in Mexico?

Should be getting my Bought On Credit today or tomorrow!! Can't wait! The biggest challenge is making sure my wife doesn't open it before I get home.

Easy - don't get married. ;-)

rayjacobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayjacobs

So SmartPost and the FedEx Tracking page both say that my Bandolier of Carrots was "delivered" yesterday at 1:34PM, but when I got home my Bandolier of Carrots was nowhere to be found. I'm starting to get a little worried. Am I nuts to think that "delivered" might indicate that it's just at the USPS and will come to my house today?

LLovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages LLovely
rayjacobs wrote:So SmartPost and the FedEx Tracking page both say that my Bandolier of Carrots was "delivered" yesterday at 1:34PM, but when I got home my Bandolier of Carrots was nowhere to be found. I'm starting to get a little worried. Am I nuts to think that "delivered" might indicate that it's just at the USPS and will come to my house today?

That has indeed happened to me. If you don't get it today, then get worried.

x19

claimed4all

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claimed4all

Got my Banjo of Consternation today
Was only able to order one.
1- Box
1- Battery Powered Duster
1- JVC Camera Bag

Kind of disappointing.

dakota1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakota1973

Smartpost get me again.. Figure this out (going to NY)

November 5, 2008 12:07 AM Sortation Center Departure ORLANDO, FL
November 4, 2008 1:44 PM Sortation Center Arrival LEETSDALE, PA
November 3, 2008 9:40 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
November 1, 2008 5:39 AM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
October 31, 2008 5:06 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
October 30, 2008 2:17 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 30, 2008 1:45 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

HTF can my package arrive in PA then depart FL?

trunks2020

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trunks2020
dakota1973 wrote:Smartpost get me again.. Figure this out (going to NY)

November 5, 2008 12:07 AM Sortation Center Departure ORLANDO, FL
November 4, 2008 1:44 PM Sortation Center Arrival LEETSDALE, PA
November 3, 2008 9:40 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
November 1, 2008 5:39 AM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
October 31, 2008 5:06 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
October 30, 2008 2:17 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 30, 2008 1:45 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

HTF can my package arrive in PA then depart FL?

Smartpost has figured out how to bend space and time but decides to keep it to themselves and only uses it to mess with our heads.

chump1039

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chump1039

got mine

6x usb phone thingies
3x mysoldius universal solar charger panels
1x yada! headset hub (allows up to 6 people to share audio)
1x jvc camcorder bag
1x 1gb sansa (dead)
1x 2gb sansa (need to borrow cords to try to charge)

excellent crapfest

nmumark

quality posts: 17 Private Messages nmumark
funyvanman wrote:Is it true that Texas air is made in Mexico?

My wife wants me to wait until she gets home to open it...and today is the day shes gone until 9 PM. Might have to slit the bottom of the box and take a peak, put it all back and make it look like i was a good husband. Just wish i listened to the guy's post below you.

acedes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acedes
nmumark wrote:My wife wants me to wait until she gets home to open it...and today is the day shes gone until 9 PM. Might have to slit the bottom of the box and take a peak, put it all back and make it look like i was a good husband. Just wish i listened to the guy's post below you.

That is cruel to make you wait. Just cruel. The request is expected, but, as a wife myself, I really hope she doesn't really think you'll follow through..... llo Still waiting on my Banjo of Consternation.... it's sitting in Mass......... still...........

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

It's all about the Bandolier of Carrots...

rvagirl81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvagirl81

Woot's tracker says "Arrival at (my city's) unit" - I'm assuming the USPS location.
Fedex's tracker says it's still two hours away, and has not yet left for my city.
Packagetrackr says "Arrival at unit" AND the current status is "out for delivery".

I am confused. Anyone got any ideas as to what all this means?

acedes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acedes
rvagirl81 wrote:Woot's tracker says "Arrival at (my city's) unit" - I'm assuming the USPS location.
Fedex's tracker says it's still two hours away, and has not yet left for my city.
Packagetrackr says "Arrival at unit" AND the current status is "out for delivery".

I am confused. Anyone got any ideas as to what all this means?

What is Package trackr? Is there another site that i have not been checking constantly online all day....?

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

It's all about the Bandolier of Carrots...

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LayneRobinson
nmumark wrote:My wife wants me to wait until she gets home to open it...and today is the day shes gone until 9 PM. Might have to slit the bottom of the box and take a peak, put it all back and make it look like i was a good husband. Just wish i listened to the guy's post below you.

Dude! You know they always find out. I think it would be better to be blatant about it than to try to be sneaky. If you are sneaky and she finds out, then you are in the dog house for weeks (months?!?)....if you are blatant about it and don't try to hide it, it will probably only be days (weeks?!?) because she can understand how much the anticipation was killing you.

Lucky for me, my wife rolls her eyes when I talk about Woot.....she doesn't get excited when I win the Bandolier of Carrots lottery. On the negative side, she doesn't really try too hard to get me a second bag (but at least I convinced her to get an account and she's placed an order or two).

Layne

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI