baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Announcing Alpha 1 of the Wooters.us Windows App! This is an early preview, it doesn't have much in the way of features, but it is functional for displaying the current Woot sites.

As always, it runs off the main wooters.us core tracker system utilizing push technology for split-second updates. Run it side-by-side with Wootalyzer or whatever your favorite tracker site/app is, and compare the speed.

The UI is pretty bland right now, and the feature list is minimal at the moment, but this is only a preview. We're working on a killer UI and all kinds of advanced features for you - so stay tuned for more on that.

We're still actively developing this, so if you come across any issues or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know!

Download link: http://code.baf.cc/wooters/alpha1.zip

Froggypwns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Froggypwns

I love the Wooters tracker, it makes the Wootalyzer look like Windows ME!

szar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szar
baffles wrote:Announcing Alpha 1 of the Wooters.us Windows App! This is an early preview, it doesn't have much in the way of features, but it is functional for displaying the current Woot sites.

As always, it runs off the main wooters.us core tracker system utilizing push technology for split-second updates. Run it side-by-side with Wootalyzer or whatever your favorite tracker site/app is, and compare the speed.

The UI is pretty bland right now, and the feature list is minimal at the moment, but this is only a preview. We're working on a killer UI and all kinds of advanced features for you - so stay tuned for more on that.

We're still actively developing this, so if you come across any issues or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know!

Download link: http://code.baf.cc/wooters/alpha1.zip

We could integrate this with the woot light hardware I have pretty easy, just need to write a 1 to a serial port to turn them on, 0 to turn them off

baffles

szar wrote:We could integrate this with the woot light hardware I have pretty easy, just need to write a 1 to a serial port to turn them on, 0 to turn them off

Definitely. This is a pretty rough preview version, but I was actually planning extensibility for later on down the road, and I actually did have some of the woot light hardware mods in mind.

Do you have a writeup of your mod, out of curiosity? The only one I recall off the top of my head was the one that was all USB.

szar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szar
baffles wrote:Definitely. This is a pretty rough preview version, but I was actually planning extensibility for later on down the road, and I actually did have some of the woot light hardware mods in mind.

Do you have a writeup of your mod, out of curiosity? The only one I recall off the top of my head was the one that was all USB.

I am putting together a writeup, as soon as I get a chance to throw it online. This is all USB, plug the computer in one end, plug the woot lights in the other.

hlpimfalling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hlpimfalling

So... any updates

ethang18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethang18

I'm getting a popup saying that this version expired on 11/29/09, is there a way around this or can you post a new version?

baffles

Apologies for the expiration of the old one. We should have a new version out within the next couple of weeks, hopefully before the next wootoff!

I'll post back here when it's ready.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
baffles wrote:Apologies for the expiration of the old one. We should have a new version out within the next couple of weeks, hopefully before the next wootoff!

I'll post back here when it's ready.

Hey! What's the status? My woot lights haven't shut off since February! I'll never sleep again! ;-)

seriously though, is it even possible to turn off the power to USB ports via software? If it is, then this should be made OS agnostic with a simple, lightweight TCP trigger or something.

It could also trigger different ports! Eg: usb1 turns on WootLights. Usb2 turns on PoliceWootLights during Bowl of Cereal availability. :-D

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

This would be awesome if you can control the woot lights without adding extra hardware through your program. Are you planning on updating it anytime soon?