bugdave

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bugdave
bt0wnsfin3st wrote:Does anyone know if it will work with my 1st generation iPhone??

not without an the typical 1st gen iphone headset adapter.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
dbehera2000 wrote:Is there a microphone on this? Can I answer the phone in the middle of listening to my favorite tunes?

No.

ImaginePeace24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ImaginePeace24

How long is the cord on these?

step12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages step12

Are they foam or rubber earbuds?

Philips 1GB MP3 Player
Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
Zcyber i3 Mini Speaker 2-Pack
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

bigdaddy24

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24
mobyhack wrote:um...according to the description, that's the Volume Control

...all of those letter-thingies underneath the pretty pictures and "I want one" button often spell "words." These "words" often contain information, or a "description," about the item being sold at that time. Might be worth a look once in a while.

that's great!!! Thanks for saying what all the literate people were thinking.

lane1986

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lane1986

These are not noise canceling but "isolating" ie. it blocks noise by sealing off your ears.

caniac45

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caniac45
bt0wnsfin3st wrote:Does anyone know if it will work with my 1st generation iPhone??

the headphone jack on the 1st gen is too deep, pretty sure you'll need the adapter for these because of the way the input is shaped.

twr8801

quality posts: 19 Private Messages twr8801

Found a collection of user reviews here.

Ethanmatthew8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ethanmatthew8

i got this on another website 3 months ago cost me $38 uhuhuhuhuhu this is a good deal... earphones work fine as well as the noise cancelling hurts a bit in your ear though...youll get used to it..i work in a coin processing by the way if i turn on the volume a bit loud i cant hardly hear the coins processing you know how loud coins are .

NewMaster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages NewMaster
egzgg wrote:I want them mainly for the noise cancelling... Do they do a good job doing that?

They are NOT noise canceling earphones; they merely block outside sound through physical means. In other words, they work like earplugs. A true noise canceling design will electronically create an inverse soundwave to cancel out incoming noise.

epp_b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages epp_b

How do these compare to a set of Hearos Hi-Fi earplugs? The earpiece in these looks exactly the same. I'm interested in these for drumming.

Nicol3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nicol3
sreyes06 wrote:The buds look like Bugles chips.

Damn you! I'm cravin' 'em now.

Ohh I might just jump up on 'dis here Woot! I accidentally crunched over my good ones with an iron rocking chair.

Yeah.

I totally said

Iron

Rocking

Chair

(-iot.)

dlcarrier

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dlcarrier

Wow, I've been looking into buying these for a month or so, and here they are two for the price of one on woot. They are supposed to be great for use on a motorcycle; you can hook them into your comm system or your GPS receiver and simultaneously get the benefits of headphones and ear plugs.

If anyone wants to read some very thorough reviews, head over to webBikeWorld for an in depth review, or a comparison to other earplugs.

jsmid6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsmid6

I'm really not sure. even after reading all the reviews. it seems like they do a decent job of noise cancellation/blockage. but I'm worried about the sounds quality. Do they sound like cheap headphones or are they decent? I do not always need the noise cancellation but it would be nice. mostly i just need headphones since i seem to loose them quite often.

Kingmiwok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kingmiwok

The volume control looks like it has soft touch type buttons, which generally means a powered circuit. Is there a battery in there to provide power? If not, what does?

GM

twr8801

quality posts: 19 Private Messages twr8801
gobux wrote:Looks like a great deal. These are over $38.00 per set on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/AO-Safety-Blockade-Noise-Isolating-Earbuds-99014_W0QQitemZ120480274914QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0d2f19e2

Eh, a few have gone for less, from $15 to $25. (That's a "Completed listings" page; I believe you'll need to be signed in.)

SarahPants5

epp_b wrote:How do these compare to a set of Hearos Hi-Fi earplugs? The earpiece in these looks exactly the same. I'm interested in these for drumming.

That's why I wanted them! :O And I ride the subway, it's really bad at certain stations where the trains squeak insanely...I imagine they'll work quite similarly, it's worth trying, you get two pair after all so if they rock, yay, if not, sell them for $30 a piece! XD

KolorBlindKid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KolorBlindKid

24dB is nothing. average conversation volume is about double, i believe.

jsalmi1032

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsalmi1032

Will these work with first-gen iPhone? They require the slightly longer 3.5mm plug.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
jsalmi1032 wrote:Will these work with first-gen iPhone? They require the slightly longer 3.5mm plug.

No. The question has been asked before. Please read the thread before asking

I once ate a cricket.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I wish woot would offer a kick-ass pair of noise-cancelling headphones. None of this in the ear stuff, either, because they feel weird in my ears and my ears and scalp start moving around uncomfortably. I know that my sound weird, but it's true. If I put these things in my ear, my scalp starts moving like Conan O'Brien's.

md1207

quality posts: 8 Private Messages md1207

I'm getting a pair. If they are $38.00 on Amazon then I'm willing to give them a try for $10 shipped.

epp_b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages epp_b
SarahPants5 wrote:That's why I wanted them! :O And I ride the subway, it's really bad at certain stations where the trains squeak insanely...I imagine they'll work quite similarly, it's worth trying, you get two pair after all so if they rock, yay, if not, sell them for $30 a piece! XD

Ah, heck -- I'm in! Their dB rating is the same as that of Hearos' and they should work well for general use.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
md1207 wrote:I'm getting a pair. If they are $38.00 on Amazon then I'm willing to give them a try for $10 shipped.

14.99 + 5.00 = 10?

I think i forgot to carry a digit... :/

I once ate a cricket.

SarahPants5

waacodemon wrote:14.99 + 5.00 = 10?

They meant EACH.

IslandMama

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IslandMama

[quote postid="3554662" user="Tufflaw"]Anyone actually use these? I really need something to use at the gym. I read the stationary bike several times a week for 60 minutes at a time, and try to watch movies on a portable media player, and no matter when I go, I always seem to be there at the exact same time as this MANIAC, he looks like his head is covered by a poodle.

He uses the precor two rows behind me and for the entire time he's on it, he's yelling and clapping his hands and making weird popping noises, it's absolutely unbearable.

I have absolutely no knowledge or input on these earbuds...I just loved your description of this tool. I can totally see...er, and hear...him.

The Wootiest

SarahPants5

IslandMama wrote:[quote postid="3554662" user="Tufflaw"]Anyone actually use these? I really need something to use at the gym. I read the stationary bike several times a week for 60 minutes at a time, and try to watch movies on a portable media player, and no matter when I go, I always seem to be there at the exact same time as this MANIAC, he looks like his head is covered by a poodle.

He uses the precor two rows behind me and for the entire time he's on it, he's yelling and clapping his hands and making weird popping noises, it's absolutely unbearable.

I have absolutely no knowledge or input on these earbuds...I just loved your description of this tool. I can totally see...er, and hear...him.

^ Why I don't exercise. (Just kidding, haha.)

rachelle33

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33
waacodemon wrote:14.99 + 5.00 = 10?

They are $20 with shipping for the 2 in the deal so that is $10 for a single pair that sells for $38 elsewhere is what they are saying.

winafew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winafew

These are noise isolating, not noise cancelling. These are better at quieting the external sounds that noise cancelling, which only work for certain frequencies.

Noise isolating phones 'isolate' or block the external sounds, just like earplugs. But the also have provision to let in the music. No electronics required for blocking.

Noise cancelling phones 'sense and cancel' the external sounds. Only trouble is, they don't work perfectly, and only over a limited range of frequencies. Also, they require power, cost more, and can introduce distortion.

I have used both for several years, and prefer the noise isolating ones.

winafew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winafew
KolorBlindKid wrote:24dB is nothing. average conversation volume is about double, i believe.

dB reduction is a relative measure, not one of absolute volume. If I remember, about 3 dB is about a 50 percent reduction. So 6 dB would be about 75 percent, and then 9 db would be about 87 percent, and so on. 24 dB is about as good as you can get with any type of normal earplugs, whether they also pipe in music or not.

Irregularcog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Irregularcog
twr8801 wrote:Eh, a few have gone for less, from $15 to $25. (That's a "Completed listings" page; I believe you'll need to be signed in.)

But this is a TWO pack

ammatos

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ammatos
KolorBlindKid wrote:24dB is nothing. average conversation volume is about double, i believe.

NO - the average noise-isolating earphone has a 22db rating. So these are average.

a.

chippychip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippychip
smtatertot13 wrote:i'm not sure we're all looking for fashion advice :p

It's true; all wooters are like the comicbook guy and don't care how we look.

$7.50
+2.50
______
$10.00
x2
_____
20.00 = Good gamble (for:

Patented triple-flange ear bud design provides optimal noise protection for an excellent fit that radically reduces noise
Integrated volume control places fingertip adjustment of any iPod or MP3 player easily within reach
24 decibel Noise Reduction Rating brings an end to dangerously over-cranked tunes struggling to compete with loud external sounds
Use in the yard while mowing and gardening, in the workshop, on the job, in the gym or traveling on a plane to safely isolate background noise
Ultra comfortable design from the same company who brought you the industry leading WorkTunes
iPod and MP3 compatible (any device with a 3.5mm plug)
Meets ANSI/OSHA Standards
Additional Photos:

Blockade Noise Isolating Earbuds
Volume Control
Triple-flange ear bud design)

chippychip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippychip

In for 1 = 2. Thanx Woot. I fall asleep with headphones and break at least 1 ear thingy a month.

Not Dollar Store but 10-dollar Store (there's a marketing idea Woot or Big Lots -- send me 820 dollars for the marketing idea;headphones for life!).

fussybits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fussybits

The volume control looks like it's more digital than mechanical, doesn't it? Is there a battery inside, or how does it work?

fussybits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fussybits

24db means a difference of 2 to the 8th power. (24/3=8)

That means it supposedly cuts noise to 1/256 of what you'd hear without them.

zuberman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zuberman
winafew wrote:dB reduction is a relative measure, not one of absolute volume. If I remember, about 3 dB is about a 50 percent reduction. So 6 dB would be about 75 percent, and then 9 db would be about 87 percent, and so on. 24 dB is about as good as you can get with any type of normal earplugs, whether they also pipe in music or not.

Right. dB is a logarithmic scale, meaning that 24 dB reduction makes the sound about 250x less intense when it reaches your ears (22 dB reduction is about 160x less intense). But, our brain interprets the signal from our ears more or less logarithmically as well, so the background sounds will appear to be more like 5x quieter than 250x quieter. Still pretty effective.

Live from Shanghai

MasterWill

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MasterWill
cdf12345 wrote:It wont drain your battery at all, because it doesnt use your device's battery

Until you plug them in that is. Unless you listen to music with the volume muted.

Woot! Watcher - Woot! tracking the way it should be.

AVHarris

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AVHarris
winafew wrote:dB reduction is a relative measure, not one of absolute volume. If I remember, about 3 dB is about a 50 percent reduction. So 6 dB would be about 75 percent, and then 9 db would be about 87 percent, and so on. 24 dB is about as good as you can get with any type of normal earplugs, whether they also pipe in music or not.

Correct. 3 dB is a 50% reduction of power. If you were talking volts it would be 6 db for 50%. Sound is in power so your math is correct. Just think of it like the sound is half as loud every time you decrease it by 3 db. So at very low levels there are diminishing returns.

As far as ear plugs go 30db is the best I can find. Skull Screws

I work nights and have to sleep through dogs, children and phones. Skull Screws are the only plugs I have found that let me sleep mainly because the stay put. You literally screw them in.

Still I'm in. I'll try them at work. I install and test equipment for cellular and with all the fans running in a cell site is very loud.

nemea456

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemea456

Anyone use these to fall asleep with external noise? Are they comfortable enough to fall asleep with?