hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Not sure why they are there, but it says "deals.woot rep 0/100" for mine, even though I have bought several items from deal.woot.

Could someone please explain? I don't want my "rep" to be tarnished.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
hld1970 wrote:Not sure why they are there, but it says "deals.woot rep 0/100" for mine, even though I have bought several items from deal.woot.

In order to get deals.woot rep, you need to participate in the community. Add, vote, and comment on deals and "Ask the Wooters" questions.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

Hobbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hobbit
hld1970 wrote:Not sure why they are there, but it says "deals.woot rep 0/100" for mine, even though I have bought several items from deal.woot.

Yep can't have a rep with out being part of the community.

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
Hobbit wrote:Yep can't have a rep with out being part of the community.

So, do we know when they showed up? I just barely noticed them about an hour ago (or less). Very funny for me.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

shrdlu

No need to worry, of course. I don't think there's much commentary for someone who has 0/100 but rather for someone who is at 5/100 or so. Zero might just mean you're shy.

Hobbit

shrdlu wrote:So, do we know when they showed up? I just barely noticed them about an hour ago (or less). Very funny for me.

about an hour ago? They weren't there when I got home at 6pm ET

Hobbit

So next we get a circle and a diamond?

jokofoto

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jokofoto

I wonder if rep will be expanding beyond deals.

sand4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sand4me
Hobbit wrote:So next we get a circle and a diamond?

Cloverleaf? Club?

Catbertthegreat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Catbertthegreat
jokofoto wrote:I wonder if rep will be expanding beyond deals.

The thing is, reputation is supposedly supposed to represent how helpful/useful/good at posting deals people want.

That exists already here in one permutation in the form of quality posts. Maybe there will be another shape added for the number of quality posts.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Woot could improve its rep by paying off the photoshop contest winners they haven't paid in over 6 months. Many are now more than 90 days past-due.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
shrdlu wrote:No need to worry, of course. I don't think there's much commentary for someone who has 0/100 but rather for someone who is at 5/100 or so. Zero might just mean you're shy.

congrats - double black

I still question why I deserve 100/100 - it's been slightly too easy to achieve, but I guess more users playing will eventually make me work to uphold it.

ADixon115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ADixon115

It seems like there needs to be a circle now for balance. Don't know what it could be for though other than adding to woot flair. =)

darkzealot89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkzealot89

Another badge of honor!

raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee

I want a rhombus, I'm not a big fan of regular polygons and triangles are so passé

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

Hobbit

Snapster wrote:congrats - double black

I still question why I deserve 100/100 - it's been slightly too easy to achieve, but I guess more users playing will eventually make me work to uphold it.

Thanks for making my black triangle feel even less important oh woot overlord

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
Hobbit wrote:Thanks for making my black triangle feel even less important oh woot overlord

heh.. I'm actually very sure that you (and a few others) really deserve the elite rank. I'm speaking just that my level of input could be greater (I do far less than some of you over there on deals.woot) and yet the system is telling me I'm elite like you. I'd like to feel more challenged to put in some well received deals to satisfy my deal-hunting ego.

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

No diamond, an "X"

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I don't think I like this triangle thing. Mine is 37/100, which if I'm interpreting this right, is kind of a crappy rep. But I haven't put up any deals, nor voted; all I've done is comment or make suggestions.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

So when are the Beta testers going to get their beta testing special badge?

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
sgoman5674 wrote:So when are the Beta testers going to get their beta testing special badge?

Seconded.

Also... Is the triangle a one time deal? or perhaps it could/should be somewhat of a rolling average over time...

shrdlu

Thank you for the congratulations. I admit that, even though Woot tells me that the black square means I'm better than anybody else, the triangle means more (to me) because I earned it. The square just says I'm a compulsive shopper (I am), and that things like screaming monkeys make me happy (they do).

Snapster wrote:I still question why I deserve 100/100 - it's been slightly too easy to achieve, but I guess more users playing will eventually make me work to uphold it.

Oh, dear. There it is, my inability to keep quiet. You don't deserve it. I don't think I really deserve 100/100 myself, but I know that your participation has been far lower than, say, @catbertthegreat or @sgoman5674 or @anotherhiggins, and then there's Saint Hobbit. It's the difficulty in separating popularity from virtue. You're well known, and popular, and people vote up your comments because of that. I certainly think your Reputation/Popularity should be high, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead here.

The one telling metric is whether or not someone can vote. Voting implies that they've at least made the effort to *buy* something over here, on regular woot. If I'm trying to decide about a stranger's deal, and it has 1 or more votes, then the first thing I do is click on the user, and then the vote tab. If that poster didn't vote for his own deal, that puts them in the stranger category (instead of the community category) in my own set of definitions.

shrdlu

edthebedhead wrote:Also... Is the triangle a one time deal? or perhaps it could/should be somewhat of a rolling average over time...

It is. Go away for a while, and don't participate, and it'll drop.

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007

instead of a triangle they should use a screwdriver,hammer,wrench or other type of"tool"

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

Is the color scheme laid out anywhere? I saw the brown and 48/100 and remembered why I'm taking a break from school.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
shrdlu wrote:No need to worry, of course. I don't think there's much commentary for someone who has 0/100 but rather for someone who is at 5/100 or so. Zero might just mean you're shy.

Or zero might just mean all the people that still can't/don't know how to get on deals.woot like me.

Hi people =þ

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

I'm double black, and I know I don't deserve it... At least if you consider my input on the site with respect to its purpose.

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296

Ok who broke Deals.woot?

shrdlu

Sunshine3296 wrote:Ok who broke Deals.woot?

Please see the post I just made:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3686384&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=0

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
irockash wrote:Is the color scheme laid out anywhere? I saw the brown and 48/100 and remembered why I'm taking a break from school.

dvsmith

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dvsmith

The next shape will be a circle.

This is obviously a secret plot by the Woot!staff to revive the UPN television network, only in reverse.

The important question, O, great and powerful Woot!staff is: will the new NPU TV network resurrect Enterprise for a 5th season? (The one in which they finally stick a proper engineering hull onto the saucer -- at least according to Doug Drexler.)

My wife swears I'm keeping Woot! in business all by myself. I think she may be onto something.

tferoli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tferoli

Quality Post!!

dvsmith wrote:The next shape will be a circle.

This is obviously a secret plot by the Woot!staff to revive the UPN television network, only in reverse.

The important question, O, great and powerful Woot!staff is: will the new NPU TV network resurrect Enterprise for a 5th season? (The one in which they finally stick a proper engineering hull onto the saucer -- at least according to Doug Drexler.)

samdamnit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samdamnit
raebee wrote:I want a rhombus, I'm not a big fan of regular polygons and triangles are so passé

Yep. Like Help! Help! I'm being oppressed! Germany. Ranking people's status with colored triangles is probably a bad idea. I suggest that particular ranking symbol be retired unless you are trying to make a statement like "Act Up" does with the pink triangle.

lcmeng

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcmeng

I have to say that I find myself not interested in this Woot Deals thing. What's worse is that I'm no longer interested in the whole Woot thing at all. Woot had its prime, and is now declining. Fewer items draw attention on popular deal forums, as their price and uniqueness get less competitive.

I'd totally forget the Woot Deals if I haven't received the email today. And I remember I used to refresh every Woot site by 1AM (on the east coast).

Good luck, Woot! Hope more people become interested in you as some people like me are leaving you.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
lcmeng wrote:
Good luck, Woot! Hope more people become interested in you as some people like me are leaving you.

I seriously doubt they are losing any sleep over you.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

imasoxfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imasoxfan

I guess I will have to send in another comment... Mine shows zero quality posts, but I have!

And I agree, where is our Beta Tester badge?

:-)

imasoxfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imasoxfan
lcmeng wrote:I have to say that I find myself not interested in this Woot Deals thing. What's worse is that I'm no longer interested in the whole Woot thing at all. Woot had its prime, and is now declining. Fewer items draw attention on popular deal forums, as their price and uniqueness get less competitive.

I'd totally forget the Woot Deals if I haven't received the email today. And I remember I used to refresh every Woot site by 1AM (on the east coast).

Still love Woot here!! Using the sites is actually a page in my training manual for new employees on my team at work! Sad part is, I am not kidding!

stphnlee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stphnlee

I see that this is an old thread, but applicable none the less. I've submitted a few deals, but my rep is still 1/100. This is stranger because after the first deal I posted, it was 85/100. I don't get it.

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

stphnlee wrote:I see that this is an old thread, but applicable none the less. I've submitted a few deals, but my rep is still 1/100. This is stranger because after the first deal I posted, it was 85/100. I don't get it.

In order to maintain your reputation, you need to stay active over there. This shows you have posted two deals.
http://deals.woot.com/deals/users/stphnlee

You can also ask questions about deals or just about anything here:
http://deals.woot.com/questions/fresh

It's lots of fun, come and join us!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown