travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
bigjb92 wrote:You know, this work thing is really not in tune with my wooting habbits. If it isn't making me wait to see what the woot god's have blessed me with, it's in the way of waiting for a Book of Crap to come up during a woot off so I can be showered with gifts. I'm thinking HR needs to hear about this.

crowsnest wrote:Please while your at it contact our HR dept. also and let them know of this problem. It really should be fixed to our benefit!!!

Luckily I AM the HR department at my work and I FULLY understand this concept and am very open to allowing full benefit to the employees when a woot-off and/or arriving Benefit Of Concern are involved... :D

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

Samirat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samirat

blank

amandahearsmusic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amandahearsmusic
Jeus wrote:what hw version did you get on the PHS?

I know you were asking this of someone else, and not sure if you saw my previous post about my PHS. The outside of the box said my firmware was 1.1 but after logging into the admin page it confirmed that it was 2.x. There was an update available but I'm kind of scared of flashing it because it's working perfectly.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz

Finally....my Bowl of Cereal status has been officially updated to Out for Delivery by the USPS! Now it is time to sit and stare at the clock for the next 3 hours.

alpayton

quality posts: 15 Private Messages alpayton

Dear Woot!Gods,

Why oh why have you deleted my last two posts? I do not believe I have said anything to offend you or anyone else in the forum...

cmangel518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmangel518
alpayton wrote:Dear Woot!Gods,

Why oh why have you deleted my last two posts? I do not believe I have said anything to offend you or anyone else in the forum...

Because they are Gods...and because they can.

I've lost track of all of useless/useful items I've purchased since April 09, 2007.

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

Finally out for delivery. Now just have to make sure my wife doesn't open it before I get home from work!

vader327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vader327
smduello wrote:Well, mine came yesterday night I have now called it the "Bag of Disappointment". Per FedEx, and late confirmed via SmartPost, it was only .4 lbs, and measured 6 x 6 x 6. Naturally, I was thinking of great things. However, what arrived was 6lbs, and was more like 16 x 12 x 6. Instantly, I knew I wasn't getting anything special. I got:

2 High School Musical Alarm Clocks
2 "Would you rather" 2010 Desk Calendars
1 Pirates of the Carribean carrying case for an MP3 player
1 Woot Monkey, complete with cape

That's a lot of crap in a Bowl of Cereal that only weighed .4 lbs.

My Bowl of Cereal just showed up and it's exactly the same as smduello. Son took the Pirates case and Woot Monkey. Daughter inexplicably loved the HSM Alarm clocks and said she always wanted that kind of clock (she's never seen HSM). I'm pretty happy overall. Thanks Woot!!

mhswan76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhswan76

Mine arrived this past friday.

34 screaming monkeys! Yes, 34. LOL
1 food scale
1 mini cooler bag. could hold about two cans of pop.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
crowsnest wrote:cause ya know all of taters post were freakn quality LMAO!

were?

They still are homeskillet.

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

Woody1150 wrote:Finally out for delivery. Now just have to make sure my wife doesn't open it before I get home from work!

That's a quick way to become an ex-wife.

Nothing follows.

bshockey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bshockey

Just got my bag.

2 HSM clocks
2 Would You Rather calendars
1 POTC accessory case
1 Woot camo monkey

My fave is the monkey, but my coworkers think that it's annoying. Oh well. Maybe a letter next time?

taternuggets

mhswan76 wrote:Mine arrived this past friday.

1 food scale

This might be the best crap yet!!
You need to get them all screaming at once and upload the video.

And you sir/maam, are from the midwest I'm guessing.

Nothing follows.

sibig1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sibig1

1 food scale

pop? I think you mean soda...

dseisler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dseisler

1 food scale

Wow! You are lucky! You have a monkey party going on there! Where they all the same, or were they different woot! monkeys?

woot!ng Since Feb 2008

• 5/26/10- Random Crap! + Pallet of Crap
  • 4/1/10-Screaming Monkey x3
  • 1/18/10-Audiovox Msg Center
  • 7/12/09-Woot Off Lights + Random Crap
  • 5/31/09-Radar Detector x3
  • 12/11/08-Woot Off Lightsx2
  • 11/29/08-RC Helicopterx2
  • 11/28/08 Sansa e260
  • 10/17/08- 4GB Micro SDx2

dseisler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dseisler

Any update on the ticket holders?

woot!ng Since Feb 2008

• 5/26/10- Random Crap! + Pallet of Crap
  • 4/1/10-Screaming Monkey x3
  • 1/18/10-Audiovox Msg Center
  • 7/12/09-Woot Off Lights + Random Crap
  • 5/31/09-Radar Detector x3
  • 12/11/08-Woot Off Lightsx2
  • 11/29/08-RC Helicopterx2
  • 11/28/08 Sansa e260
  • 10/17/08- 4GB Micro SDx2

kabrinski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabrinski
sibig1 wrote:pop? I think you mean soda...

I think you mean pop. :p

6/15/11 Bindle of Carrots
4/1/11 Random Crap - Level 8
10/21/10 Random Crap
6/24/10 Random Crap
7/12/09 Woot-Off Lights w/ Bundle of Crops
And some other stuff

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Got mine today:

2 of the asinine calendars (no wonder they had so many of those to get rid of)
1 blue camo monkey (goes with my only other monkey, which is plain blue)
1 Pirates of the Carribbean pouch
2 HSM alarm clocks, which will be saved for four months and given to the Marines for Toys for Tots (I already gave two to granddaughters)

Well worth $8 in anticipation

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Woody1150

1 food scale

Monkey army! Woot!

insightpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insightpatch
Woody1150 wrote:Finally out for delivery. Now just have to make sure my wife doesn't open it before I get home from work!

Ditto. Mine just called to let me know it arrived, all the while (jokingly) threatening to open it.

She also told me that it is a lot longer than I had anticipated for my 3.6lb package, probably around 18" x 12" x 12", and awkwardly weighted (like, a heavier item in one end).

And, yes, that is, in fact, what she said.

wager

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wager
csokn wrote:I got this exact same fail bag. That damn monkey has screamed in the office twice now without anyone touching it and pissed people off.

Do not pull the tab that says, "Pull Tab"!!

Since it's too late not to do that, find the tab and jam it back in there. To find your way through the monkey fur, there's a thick, wide seam a little above the middle of the monkey's back. The tab goes just under that, but even once you've found it it's a little tricky.

Then turn the tab vertically while you try to jab it between the batteries in the device. Once you've finally managed to stab that blindly home, the monkey will stop screaming.

Or you could rip it open and tear out the batteries.

(I think they should pull the tabs before shipping them, so that they scream every time they're mis-handled by SmartPost.)

Woody1150

wager wrote:

(I think they should pull the tabs before shipping them, so that they scream every time they're mis-handled by SmartPost.)

Could you imagine the box with 34 monkeys if that were the case. lol

drsouthwick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drsouthwick

I got:

1 Would You Rather 2010 Calendar
1 Electronic Spanish-English Dictionary
1 black lunch pouch
1 Space Glow Utility light
20 bags of Texas air

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
kabrinski wrote:I think you mean pop. :p

Most of those I knew as a kid in southwestern Indiana called it "coke", as in "Give me an orange coke."

I've heard that in the deep south that actual Coke (as compared to coke) is called co-cola.

Interesting what it's called throughout the world.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

truk999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages truk999

People keep mentioning "Post It notes"...wonder if the one my my Wireless KB/Touchpad means anything?

Even if it's just random jibberish, the KB/Touchpad is working GREAT on my media center PC, but I don't think I've seen any others posted, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

benvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benvt
bshockey wrote:Just got my bag.

2 HSM clocks
2 Would You Rather calendars
1 POTC accessory case
1 Woot camo monkey

My fave is the monkey, but my coworkers think that it's annoying. Oh well. Maybe a letter next time?

You just saved me some typing. Just got the exact same thing!

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
amandahearsmusic wrote:I know you were asking this of someone else, and not sure if you saw my previous post about my PHS. The outside of the box said my firmware was 1.1 but after logging into the admin page it confirmed that it was 2.x. There was an update available but I'm kind of scared of flashing it because it's working perfectly.

i was wondering the hw(harware) version not fw(firmware). i updated my firmware no issues. still working great.

hw v2 is the 3g/4g model and hw v1 is 3g only. Both have the same phs300 model number so the only way to tell the version is based on hw version.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

taternuggets

I'm originally from Nebraska, where it was pop and now live in Florida, where it is soda.

Prefer pop....

Nothing follows.

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
Woody1150 wrote:Could you imagine the box with 34 monkeys if that were the case. lol

He has nearly three armies.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

Samirat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samirat

Okay so my crappy crap came with a water gun that shoots like an assault rifle "The Saturator", a Justice League paperweight "Aqua Man", an insulated lunch bag and a snowman speaker that lights up and shows snowflakes. This is the THIRD ipod speaker type player I've gotten from woot. But now I have a seasonal one. Thanks!

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz

1 food scale

I would be so happy with a box of just monkeys. My parents have a pair of miniature dachshunds that absolutely hate them (and any box from woot, but only boxes from woot). I would love to overwhelm them with monkeys, but they aren't getting any from my collection.

Edit: I'm originally from southwest Indiana and grew up calling anything carbonated "coke." When I realized how dumb that was I started calling it "soda." It took me a while to convince my wife that it was not "pop," she is from central Indiana.

kabrinski

wallsg wrote:Most of those I knew as a kid in southwestern Indiana called it "coke", as in "Give me an orange coke."

I've heard that in the deep south that actual Coke (as compared to coke) is called co-cola.

Interesting what it's called throughout the world.

A friends sister lives just outside of Atlanta and they do call it just coke (adding things to say what kind they want; like your orange coke example).

This map is a couple years old, but I don't think much has changed.

"Soda" just sounds weird...

10/21/10 Random Crap
6/24/10 Random Crap
And some other stuff

andrewshulman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewshulman

Yay! My Book of Crap finally escaped the clutches of SmartPost and made it into my hands today!

Included were:
1 Screaming Monkey
2 What would you rather do calendars
2 High School Musical alarm clocks
1 Pirates of the Caribbean carrying case

Best $8 I have spent in a long time.

caniac45

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caniac45

Got mine in the mail today :-)

my contents:
3 would you rather calendars
2 High school musical alarm clocks
1 camo woot screaming monkey
1 Pirates of the Caribbean case

thanks woot!

sibig1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sibig1
kabrinski wrote:A friends sister lives just outside of Atlanta and they do call it just coke (adding things to say what kind they want; like your orange coke example).

This map is a couple years old, but I don't think much has changed.

"Soda" just sounds weird...

I just said it to annoy him. I'm from MD (mostly soda here) but went to college in southwestern VA. It was pretty much split and we'd always get into arguments on which was right even though we knew all were technically right. Saying "coke" is just plain balderee though. I think population-wise the amount of people that say soda, pop, and coke is equal.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
classman51 wrote:I'll have to check. I'm at work, it's at home...

not the best picture, but you can see all the info needed fort he power supply. If you're thinking of tossing it let me know I might be interested if the price is right. ;]

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

maliki3005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maliki3005
taternuggets wrote:I'm originally from Nebraska, where it was pop and now live in Florida, where it is soda.

Prefer pop....

I call it pop, (I am in IL) but many people here call it soda still. But, I was clearly from the midwest when I lived in NC, because every time I asked 'what kind of pop do you have?' they would be able to tell me right away and say that their 'drinks' came in the soda brand of choice, i.e. Pepsi, coke, etc. Friends of mine from TN, they call all of them 'coke' as someone previously stated.

Edit : from jsale325!!

Sophia Schalk

kabrinski

sibig1 wrote:I just said it to annoy him. I'm from MD (mostly soda here) but went to college in southwestern VA. It was pretty much split and we'd always get into arguments on which was right even though we knew all were technically right. Saying "coke" is just plain balderee though. I think population-wise the amount of people that say soda, pop, and coke is equal.

I figured you did it for that reason. I just wanted to interject and have some fun with it. Hence the :p I used.

10/21/10 Random Crap
6/24/10 Random Crap
And some other stuff

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
truk999 wrote:

People keep mentioning "Post It notes"...wonder if the one my my Wireless KB/Touchpad means anything?

Even if it's just random jibberish, the KB/Touchpad is working GREAT on my media center PC, but I don't think I've seen any others posted, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

I bought one of these from an earlier woot, and it works great for the PS3 as well.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 59 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 169

My Badges

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
taternuggets wrote:were?

They still are homeskillet.

You sir are despicable!!!LMAO!

@crowsnest531