WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We're looking forward to CES this year! Roaming the exhibition halls is like a Fantastic Voyage through the irritable bowels of the home electronics biz. One never knows what freaky thing one might see in the next booth. Take this bizarre display from last year, for example: Grown men subjecting themselves to mild-but paralyzing electrocutions in exchange for TASER hats. How much do you want to bet neither of these guys would buy those same hats if they saw them on sale for three dollars? Oh, and this whole perverse electro-S&M show was ringmastered by TV's John Bunnell. Only at CES!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

I'm pretty sure the King of Queens picks his nose before shaking Sheriff Bunnell's hand.

tsero4

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tsero4

HA HA HA, you guys alluded to DEVO!

If you are confused see link below.
http://vimeo.com/4089275

wholeflaffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wholeflaffer

Sheesh...if they get a hat for being tazed, I should've gotten a screaming monkey for watching this video.

dvaamco

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dvaamco

At least I get a pretty orange jumpsuit if I let the police electrocute me with a taser! :/

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

"...and in the next booth we will give you a keychain to experience a 'harmless' TSA full body cavity search."

P.S. What happens when Matthew wants a week off? Will there be no videocast? Will somebody fill his shoes? Will he just have to make 2 the week before? Will he be forced to make and upload one from his vacation spot?

matthew

skippykj wrote:What happens when Matthew wants a week off?

I was gone in November! I should be sad that you didn't even notice.

But actually, that's why we keep the production values LOW, so no one can tell the most polished videos from the ones that are thrown together super fast to cover for week-long staff departures to Vermont during deer season.

haku

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haku
matthew wrote:I was gone in November! I should be sad that you didn't even notice.

But actually, that's why we keep the production values LOW, so no one can tell the most polished videos from the ones that are thrown together super fast to cover for week-long staff departures to Vermont during deer season.

getting tasered by choice is dumb.

Matthew did you manage to get a deer ?

SpamX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpamX

Having been tasered by choice, I can assure you it was less painful than watching that video!

matthew

haku wrote:did you manage to get a deer?

I retroactively decided it was not a hunting trip, but instead an armed forest patrol with the aim of keeping area deer safe. Redefined that way, the trip was a total success.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
matthew wrote:I retroactively decided it was not a hunting trip, but instead an armed forest patrol with the aim of keeping area deer safe. Redefined that way, the trip was a total success.

You have a PM ~<:o)

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
SBCJester21 wrote:You have a PM ~<:o)

EDIT: I'm guessing that you have much better luck getting deer with your car. Especially in Michigan ;o)

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Tasered? For a hat? welcome the holidays? Isn't there enough schwag flying around CES so one wouldn't have to get 500k volts?

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
matthew wrote:I was gone in November! I should be sad that you didn't even notice.

Your Lead Vocals/Narration were/was present through the whole month of November, so it was as if you never left.

I guess your "half-assed" Cyber Monday song was even more assed. I still enjoyed it.

Thank you for thinking of our entertainment needs but it is your fault for getting me addicted.

matthew

SBCJester21 wrote:You have a PM ~<:o)

Got it! We're up to our audio out ports in CES prep here at the moment, but let's talk soon.

skippykj wrote:it was as if you never left.

That was the goal! I'm glad the illusion held.

lordpil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordpil

The lack of a 720p version of the wootcast with higher quality audio has shattered the illusion that I was listening to the old daily podcast. Thanks.

And really, I collected at least 3 signatures in my petition to bring back the podcast. It is beyond comprehension that it is still not back.

matthew

lordpil wrote:I collected at least 3 signatures

You signed it and I signed it, so who was the other schmuck?

adavidw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adavidw
matthew wrote:You signed it and I signed it, so who was the other schmuck?

Me.

-Aaron

frizzykitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frizzykitty
dvaamco wrote:At least I get a pretty orange jumpsuit if I let the police electrocute me with a taser! :/

too funny!

blueflamingo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blueflamingo

It is amazing what crowds will do for their five minutes of fame. Blizzcon is the same way. People will stand in line for two hours for a piece of paper. I would rather have the hat, and tasering is much quicker.

zeroelement

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeroelement

Dude i was there! Next year ill have to find a woot member and steal their free hat!

zeroelement

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeroelement
blueflamingo wrote:It is amazing what crowds will do for their five minutes of fame. Blizzcon is the same way. People will stand in line for two hours for a piece of paper. I would rather have the hat, and tasering is much quicker.

One of the things there was a 20 min speach followed by the chance to win an ipad and free 2 gig mini mini mini flash drive