BobSchmickle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSchmickle

I order the MovieSac on 3/25/11 and still don't have a shipping confirmation. I've already received the cover I ordered from LoveSac.com on the same day. Usually Woot shipments are here in 2-3 days. There are no links under My Account for blog or discuss. I was already charged 12 days ago. What's going on? Is Moofi a scam? The order confirmation had real Woot links and used my Woot account info to order...

Quality Posts


rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl

Same here... same here... I'm starting to get worried.

sheetz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz

agingdragqueen posted this over on the discussion for the deals.woot listing.

"SHIPPING UPDATE

...OR

NON-SHIPPING UPDATE!

We know these are really really late and we're sorry. Right now we're working with the vendor to get this resolved (they "lost a truck" last I heard) I will post again once I have some more firm information. We're asking you all to please hold tight and rest assured that we will make it right. We'll be sending an email out within the next couple days with whatever mass-solution we've decided upon. You're welcome to email in if you have any further questions or if you'd prefer to just cancel your order at this time. "


It looks like we just need to be patient. I too cannot wait to handle my new sac.

rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl

Yeah, I emailed them and got the same response. I'm letting it ride since my wife is DYING to get a hold of my huge sac...

mrileyatwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

rcaryl wrote:Yeah, I emailed them and got the same response. I'm letting it ride since my wife is DYING to get a hold of my huge sac...



As Leslie Nielsen would say, you're wife's a lucky woman...but that's not important right now.

We're working on this with the vendor and hopefully it won't be too much longer. If there's going to be any kind of huge delay or major change to your order, we'll send an email out to notify you. And, of course, we'll be updating the forums as well. So, as your nightly news anchor says, stay tuned...

BobSchmickle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSchmickle

OK, well... guess we'll wait and see... I really want to get it soon!
My fear now is that the ultimate "mass solution" is to cancel all of the orders... then I'm stuck with a cover for something I didn't get. Lovesac's return policy is 25% and I only have 15 days from receipt, so time is ticking.

Ryantoday


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryantoday

Yeah same thing I emailed a few days ago and heard hold tight it will appear shortly but this is good to know. I am surprised though i have never had this type of problem from woot and did not expect it on my first purchase over 100.

Ryantoday

jmbarne3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmbarne3
BobSchmickle wrote:OK, well... guess we'll wait and see... I really want to get it soon!
My fear now is that the ultimate "mass solution" is to cancel all of the orders... then I'm stuck with a cover for something I didn't get. Lovesac's return policy is 25% and I only have 15 days from receipt, so time is ticking.



why would you return it to lovesac? you did not buy it from lovesac. lovesac did not have that deal anywhere on there website. Woot would have to pay you back, and that should not be a problem. is there something i am missing?

sheetz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz
jmbarne3 wrote:why would you return it to lovesac? you did not buy it from lovesac. lovesac did not have that deal anywhere on there website. Woot would have to pay you back, and that should not be a problem. is there something i am missing?



He was probably referring to the Sports Utility Cover that was offered for $20 off with a coupon code directly from Lovesac the same day as this sale.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Ryantoday wrote:Yeah same thing I emailed a few days ago and heard hold tight it will appear shortly but this is good to know. I am surprised though i have never had this type of problem from woot and did not expect it on my first purchase over 100.



Yeah- sorry all, we're still trying to get this sorted out with the vendor. I went on va-cay and haven't been able to tackle this myself, but I will make sure there will be a finite answer by tomorrow. We will probably be emailing everyone then. Please please keep being patient with us.

jentaylor1130


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jentaylor1130

Yeah... same here. I ordered a cover directly from Lovesac after ordering the sac from here, and I need to know if i'll have to (sniff, sniff) return the cover.
Please don't cancel the orders!
I'd say I'm in the same boat as the fellow above a few posts, but my boyfriend wants to fondle my sac and that doesn't quite sound right... LOL
Seriously though... I really want my sac Waiting a little longer is OK!

rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl

Did everyone get an order cancelation email?! I just got one!

sheetz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz
rcaryl wrote:Did everyone get an order cancelation email?! I just got one!



So did I. The $20 coupon code almost makes up for the $30 cover I'm stuck with.

Or I can return it in the next 2 days. Lovesac only has a 15 day return policy; you have to pay shipping and a 25% restocking fee.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Hey hey, I sent an email out that I predict will make approximately half happy and half angry and/or sad. Please email in if you haven't gotten that or if you have any other questions.

rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl
agingdragqueen wrote:Hey hey, I sent an email out that I predict will make approximately half happy and half angry and/or sad. Please email in if you haven't gotten that or if you have any other questions.



Mine is sad, my wife... Sadder. I knew it was too good to be true! Damn you LoveSac! You win this time...

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
agingdragqueen wrote:Hey hey, I sent an email out that I predict will make approximately half happy and half angry and/or sad. Please email in if you haven't gotten that or if you have any other questions.



I'm in the sad category. D: Must they absolutely be canceled? I'm cool with waiting a while longer in hopes of the vendor eventually getting you the goods...

Thanks so much for updating us, though.

BobSchmickle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSchmickle

Yep... got the bad news... I never got the $5 refund for shipping, so I kind of expected this was coming. Now to set up Return Authorization for the Cover... $20 on a future purchase over $20 (no shirts for me) doesn't really cover the lost costs on cover and the frustration/anxiety... but I guess it's better than nothing... I'll definitely be taking a break from woot.com for a while...

jeforde


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeforde

Not Cool Woot! I still want to receive my Sac. I'll wait if you can work out some reasonable time frame with the supplier but dont just give up because someone went on vacation and no one else followed up while said person was gone! Seriously disappointed here. And what the heck am I supposed to do with the SUV cover (Also purchased with a Woot Coupon Code) that I just received for my Sac??? A $20 coupon doesn't cover that cost. Seriously step up your game Woot and get this situation straightened out for your loyal customers!

agingdragqueen wrote:Yeah- sorry all, we're still trying to get this sorted out with the vendor. I went on va-cay and haven't been able to tackle this myself, but I will make sure there will be a finite answer by tomorrow. We will probably be emailing everyone then. Please please keep being patient with us.



rashoultes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rashoultes

Can't woot just go to a different vender? The official Lovesac.com has what we ordered for $350, can't woot take the money we paid and flip the bill for the remaining cost?

BigD


quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
jeforde wrote:Not Cool Woot! I still want to receive my Sac. I'll wait if you can work out some reasonable time frame with the supplier but dont just give up because someone went on vacation and no one else followed up while said person was gone! Seriously disappointed here. And what the heck am I supposed to do with the SUV cover (Also purchased with a Woot Coupon Code) that I just received for my Sac??? A $20 coupon doesn't cover that cost. Seriously step up your game Woot and get this situation straightened out for your loyal customers!



Agreed - it's a messy situation and we're doing our best to resolve it. The problem is that we've been unable to get anything resembling a reasonable time frame from the vendor. Unfortunately what we've received is continued broken promises and we simply can't hold on to your money while this is ongoing.

We do have some product set to be received in the next few days. What we don't know is what the product actually is - will it be a bigger sac than you ordered? Smaller? What color is it? etc.

Until we know these details and can figure out a proper resolution the best I can say is continue to hang tight, we do intend to offer you a similar or better product so that if you've bought a separate cover, it won't end up being a wasted purchase.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

me_want_Toys


quality posts: 1 Private Messages me_want_Toys
BigD wrote:Agreed - it's a messy situation and we're doing our best to resolve it. The problem is that we've been unable to get anything resembling a reasonable time frame from the vendor. Unfortunately what we've received is continued broken promises and we simply can't hold on to your money while this is ongoing.

We do have some product set to be received in the next few days. What we don't know is what the product actually is - will it be a bigger sac than you ordered? Smaller? What color is it? etc.

Until we know these details and can figure out a proper resolution the best I can say is continue to hang tight, we do intend to offer you a similar or better product so that if you've bought a separate cover, it won't end up being a wasted purchase.



Please add me to the sad list... I think I'll go crawl into the cover and zip it up just to try it...

Appreciate you continued efforts to get a better solution.

Ecrivan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ecrivan

Add me to that sad list. This was my first major purchase on Woot, and I was excited about it because I've been wanting one of these for a long time.

I don't mind waiting longer to received it, but if there's a bigger and/or better deal on the horizon, then please keep me in the loop.

jeforde


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeforde

Okay so now I'm really confused... Have our orders been canceled or are you now going to wait for the mystery truck to arrive in a few days to decide what to do? I think this is what everyone wants to know:

1) Have our orders been canceled and refunded, OR are we waiting to find out if the mystery truck contains a equal or better product to send to us?

2) If the orders have been canceled and refunded, will we be offered first dibs on the product that does arrive if it is equal or better?

3) What are we supposed to do with the Movie Sac SUV covers that many of us purchased if a equal product cannot be offered or if the new offering is bigger and will not fit in the Movie Sac cover?

Can you please provide straight answers to those questions...


BigD wrote:Agreed - it's a messy situation and we're doing our best to resolve it. The problem is that we've been unable to get anything resembling a reasonable time frame from the vendor. Unfortunately what we've received is continued broken promises and we simply can't hold on to your money while this is ongoing.

We do have some product set to be received in the next few days. What we don't know is what the product actually is - will it be a bigger sac than you ordered? Smaller? What color is it? etc.

Until we know these details and can figure out a proper resolution the best I can say is continue to hang tight, we do intend to offer you a similar or better product so that if you've bought a separate cover, it won't end up being a wasted purchase.



BobSchmickle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSchmickle
jeforde wrote:Okay so now I'm really confused... Have our orders been canceled or are you now going to wait for the mystery truck to arrive in a few days to decide what to do? I think this is what everyone wants to know:

1) Have our orders been canceled and refunded, OR are we waiting to find out if the mystery truck contains a equal or better product to send to us?

2) If the orders have been canceled and refunded, will we be offered first dibs on the product that does arrive if it is equal or better?

3) What are we supposed to do with the Movie Sac SUV covers that many of us purchased if a equal product cannot be offered or if the new offering is bigger and will not fit in the Movie Sac cover?

Can you please provide straight answers to those questions...



Yeah... this is what I need to know as well... What do we do with the SU Covers we all have? I think I have 2 days left on their crappy 15 day return policy. If there is a good chance I will be receiving something to use it on, I'd prefer to keep it instead of losing 25% restocking fee plus shipping.

BigD


quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
jeforde wrote:Okay so now I'm really confused... Have our orders been canceled or are you now going to wait for the mystery truck to arrive in a few days to decide what to do? I think this is what everyone wants to know:

1) Have our orders been canceled and refunded, OR are we waiting to find out if the mystery truck contains a equal or better product to send to us?

2) If the orders have been canceled and refunded, will we be offered first dibs on the product that does arrive if it is equal or better?

3) What are we supposed to do with the Movie Sac SUV covers that many of us purchased if a equal product cannot be offered or if the new offering is bigger and will not fit in the Movie Sac cover?

Can you please provide straight answers to those questions...



Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl
BigD wrote:Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.



Awesome!

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
BigD wrote:Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.



Thanks so much for this info and for y'all's efforts at coming up with a solution that makes everyone happy. I know how much of a nightmare this must be for you guys, too.

ahlewis53


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahlewis53
BigD wrote:Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.



After getting the runaround from email support the last couple days this is good news. Gee, wonder why they didn't point me here first. I too bought a cover but one a bit more expensive than the SUV cover. I guess I'll hang tight and hopefully you guys will have a solution (new equivalent item) soon.

jentaylor1130


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jentaylor1130

I received an email stating that the order was cancelled, but i have yet to receive my funds.

This was also my first large woot purchase, and knowing that all of this nonsense was caused by a single person going on vacation is scary. And how do you not know what you're getting in a shipment? SERIOUSLY. What company does not keep track and manifestos of what goes in/out of their business, and aren't their rules about not having some sort of paperwork for what's inside of a truck? SOMEONE knows what's in the truck, this whole experience has just put into perspective that no one cares enough to put forth the effort to find out.
And a $20 coupon does not make up for 1 lost item and 1 unnecessarily purchased item in which i have to pay a restocking fee for to return.
Is there an extremely sad/disappointed list??
Extremely not cool woot.

gwintner


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gwintner
BigD wrote:Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.



I thought the first post was pretty straightforward and generous, but your later post just hit it home even further. Thanks for your efforts and for not failing to at least try to come through for your devoted customers/fan base. I posted on the deals.woot moofi thread, but in any event please add me to the list of those who bought the moviesac and SUV cover and are praying to their respective Woot gods for a good resolution.

Fatkaboo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatkaboo
BigD wrote:Sorry if my original post seemed anything other than straightforward.

1) Your orders have been cancelled and refunded and a coupon code attached to your account.

2) You will be offered first dibs on the product that arrives if it is equal or better. We will notify each of you and set up a private sale for you to purchase from.

3) Hopefully the replacement product will fit in the Movie Sac SUV covers that you purchased. If not, we'll have to handle that on a case by case basis.





My mother - username 'cathwyf'; I can get her to post if need be - ordered the MovieSac from Moofi as a birthday present for yours truly (bday was the 28th). I just wanted to get myself on record here that my mother and I A) definitely too many cookies to have our order cancelled and B) also ordered the SUV cover using the Woot coupon on the same day. So, please note both of those for 'cathywf' 's order.

Oh, and I would not be offended if you had to send me a SuperSac instead ;)

Thank you, BigD - much appreciated.

cathywf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathywf
Fatkaboo wrote:My mother - username 'cathwyf'; I can get her to post if need be - ordered the MovieSac from Moofi as a birthday present for yours truly (bday was the 28th). I just wanted to get myself on record here that my mother and I A) definitely too many cookies to have our order cancelled and B) also ordered the SUV cover using the Woot coupon on the same day. So, please note both of those for 'cathywf' 's order.

Oh, and I would not be offended if you had to send me a SuperSac instead ;)

Thank you, BigD - much appreciated.



Adding on as Fatkaboo's mom, cathywf. He really, really wants the lovesac! And is willing to wait. Obviously the issue with ordering the SUV cover exacerbates the issue. Cover without sac-no good!

khadda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages khadda

Great! There finally seems to be a faint light at the end of the tunnel! We will be anxiously waiting over the next couple of days to see what comes in... On the flip side, the email said "Comfort Research" as the vendor.. When checking the website (if it’s really them) they have a 5-ft sac called "The Original FuF Chair" So is that what we were/are going to get? Was it not a "LoveSac" brand name, just a knock-off? I thought by the pics it was a LoveSac brand.. The company history sounds just like the LoveSac story, but different people, different area, etc.... The two don’t cross reference each other is any way.. Dunno, weird.... (At this point I don't care what brand I get!) Anyhow, Thanks to the Woot staff for following up with us!

cathywf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathywf
khadda wrote:Great! There finally seems to be a faint light at the end of the tunnel! We will be anxiously waiting over the next couple of days to see what comes in... On the flip side, the email said "Comfort Research" as the vendor.. When checking the website (if it’s really them) they have a 5-ft sac called "The Original FuF Chair" So is that what we were/are going to get? Was it not a "LoveSac" brand name, just a knock-off? I thought by the pics it was a LoveSac brand.. The company history sounds just like the LoveSac story, but different people, different area, etc.... The two don’t cross reference each other is any way.. Dunno, weird.... (At this point I don't care what brand I get!) Anyhow, Thanks to the Woot staff for following up with us!



Geez, hope that is not the case. The description said Lovesac. You can buy the 5 ft. Fuf Chair for less than the what we paid for this item on Moofi.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

jentaylor1130 wrote:This was also my first large woot purchase, and knowing that all of this nonsense was caused by a single person going on vacation is scary.



False. I'm in customer service and have 0% of an effect on whether or not an item goes out. I was saying I was on vacation and was not able to research or report back to the forums and etc.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

cathywf wrote:Geez, hope that is not the case. The description said Lovesac. You can buy the 5 ft. Fuf Chair for less than the what we paid for this item on Moofi.



Absolutely would be a LoveSac. I'm honestly not sure of the particulars, so I can't comment on how it is we get LoveSacs from them, but we definitely have in the past (with fewer issues).

BobSchmickle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSchmickle

Every time I walk past the Cover, it makes me a little sad...

The Saturday after ordering my Sac, we went to a midnight showing of the Goonies at Inwood Theatre in Dallas, TX. They have a whole theater of LoveSac furniture... Couches, futons, SuperSacs... it was Awesome!... I got to try out what I had just purchased (after passing on it the first time around last year). I was so glad I had decided to order the MovieSac... even my friends were excited... now I just have permanent a reminder of what could have been...

rcaryl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcaryl
jentaylor1130 wrote:I received an email stating that the order was cancelled, but i have yet to receive my funds.

This was also my first large woot purchase, and knowing that all of this nonsense was caused by a single person going on vacation is scary. And how do you not know what you're getting in a shipment? SERIOUSLY. What company does not keep track and manifestos of what goes in/out of their business, and aren't their rules about not having some sort of paperwork for what's inside of a truck? SOMEONE knows what's in the truck, this whole experience has just put into perspective that no one cares enough to put forth the effort to find out.
And a $20 coupon does not make up for 1 lost item and 1 unnecessarily purchased item in which i have to pay a restocking fee for to return.
Is there an extremely sad/disappointed list??
Extremely not cool woot.



Harsh... I think they're doing everything they can to keep us as customers satisfied. I understand that they were told by their vendor that they would receive said amount of MovieSacs... and they didn't. Should we fault woot for being mis-informed? Or should we fault LoveSac for mis-informing woot of an amount of product they were supposed to receive?
In other words, you should probably relax, a refund may take a few days to hit your account. And a $20 off coupon should be icing on your cake if you've only wooted a couple times.

gwintner


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gwintner
rcaryl wrote:Harsh... I think they're doing everything they can to keep us as customers satisfied. I understand that they were told by their vendor that they would receive said amount of MovieSacs... and they didn't. Should we fault woot for being mis-informed? Or should we fault LoveSac for mis-informing woot of an amount of product they were supposed to receive?
In other words, you should probably relax, a refund may take a few days to hit your account. And a $20 off coupon should be icing on your cake if you've only wooted a couple times.



Agreed. I'm guessing jentaylor may be newer here. Look, I'm all for speaking up and expressing your dissatisfaction as a way to get a company to do something to help you - that's generally a great approach. It's just that 1) Woot isn't just any company, and is probably about 5X more likely to treat you like a human being in the first place, and 2) it was already clear that in this case they were doing just that, despite that whatever had gone wrong wasn't their fault (at least, assuming that you believe everything they're telling us, which I'm inclined to for some reason).

Thanks again Woot, agingdragqueen, and BigD, and will stay tuned for updates.

cathywf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathywf
agingdragqueen wrote:Absolutely would be a LoveSac. I'm honestly not sure of the particulars, so I can't comment on how it is we get LoveSacs from them, but we definitely have in the past (with fewer issues).



Thanks for the response. Appreciate it!