3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Tracid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tracid

Wow that is expensive for a vacuum! Is this normal price for a refurb Dyson?

sleepy35758

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleepy35758

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag

The wife got one of these a while ago... Sadly not on Woot. But I can vouch that it works great, no complaints. I like the clear view dirt area where you can see the exact dirt level it is at before it needs emptying. No more guessing if the bag is full and also no more needing to buy replacement bags. Highly recommended. Seeing this price wished we would have bought it on Woot.

tjmonkey15

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tjmonkey15

I would only buy this vacuum if every time I turned it on, it said "Dyson" the way the guy does in the commercials.

rshah41

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rshah41

Cheaper than Dyson website.
http://www.dyson.com/pets/dysonanimal.asp?petPageID=animal

WOOT THE F*** OFF

ejjury

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ejjury

I own this vacuum and love it. It works very well, is easy to care for (getting hair out of the brush and cleaning the filters), and I haven't had a problem with it yet (2 1/2 years now).

khearn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khearn

I bought one of these the last time they were offered, about a month or so ago. It's amazing how much dirt is gets out of our carpet that our old Panasonic vacc wasn't getting. I'm glad I got it.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

This animal upright vacuum only cleans Kangaroos wallabies and other upright animals, I presume. Makes it of rather limited use, surely?

rdctali

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rdctali

Warranty: 6 Month Dyson
Doesn't this thing break easily?

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92

I feel like every week I see some sort of Dyson vacuum product for sale. It's funny that right now on Moofi another vacuum is being sold. I can't help but imagine a warehouse full of a vacuum army, preparing itself for the battle that is dust, dirt, lost change and pet hair.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

melissah12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12

I wish I was working so I could afford one of these. I just found out two days ago that my dog chewed the cord off my vacuum. Maybe this vacuum would fight back. If anyone wants to support my "In Desperate Need of a New Vacuum" cause, let me know!

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor

What happened to the comments about 2 for Tuesday?

Anyway, we are getting two things with this vacuum; 1) the vac itself and 2) the dirt in the vacuum from the previous owner. So, it's still a two-4-Tuesday deal.

careyana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages careyana

Have this vaccuum...got it new for less than list two years ago. Have three golden retrievers in a two story home with oodles of carpeting.

Our carpets look new every time I run the thing, even if I do have to empty the bin four times for a 12x13 room. Works awesomely well with minimal maintenance. Great for my allergies too.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I want a Dyson with a big ball on it. More manouevrable and just generally geekily cool. He invented that big ball back in the 80s for a new wheelbarrow, but nobody wanted a new wheelbarrow, so he gets to add them to his vacuums instead.

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik
richardhod wrote:I want a Dyson with a big ball on it. More manouevrable and just generally geekily cool. He invented that big ball back in the 80s for a new wheelbarrow, but nobody wanted a new wheelbarrow, so he gets to add them to his vacuums instead.

Good news for you, then: http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/acopwhowontgodirty

urocyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urocyon

Pros: It works. I honestly don't know if it works any better than the non-animal Dysons though. No bags needed and cleanable HEPA filters means no constantly buying consumables for it.

Cons: Seems to fill up quickly. If you let it fill too much it can be a chore getting all the hair out of the can.

I have three sheddy dogs (husky, collie), so this thing has gotten a lot of use over the past couple years I've had it. $479.99 new at BB&B, about $380 with their omnipresent 20% off coupons, so you're only saving about $80 off of the new price with this deal.

--
Forgive me, Vixy. I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik

In for one... I hope this doesn't eat my Roomba!

Zigee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zigee

ummm...no more 2 for tuesdays?

selinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selinder

Go buy it at Overstock for a little cheaper.. plus you can add on a protection plan if you want. Got mine from Overstock & love it!

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dyson-DC14-Animal-Upright-Vacuum-Refurbished/1544111/product.html

[From STAFF: Different product]

jomion

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jomion

Does it have "The proper amount of suction"?

I need more...

Jaballer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jaballer

People that sell Rainbows told me that a Dyson voids the warranty on carpet. Is this true? If so, why?

careyana

djcozmik wrote:In for one... I hope this doesn't eat my Roomba!

My roomba is now hiding in a hall closet and seems afraid to come out. I think it even set the barriers up against the doorjam.

thisisconfused

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thisisconfused
djcozmik wrote:Good news for you, then: http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/acopwhowontgodirty

thanks for the tip! just bought one.. been waiting to get one for my new place

jndtexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jndtexas

I purchased a refurbished Dyson DC14 vacuum four years ago. It still works like a charm. It's suction is just as strong today as it was in June of 2007. I have had zero problems with it and it is by far the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned.

bigdaddy24

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24

anyone have a consumer reports subscription that can tell me what these rate? I know that a lot of the dysons actually get so-so reviews from them

Edit: and does the DC25 rate the same or worse?

careyana

Jaballer wrote:People that sell Rainbows told me that a Dyson voids the warranty on carpet. Is this true? If so, why?

Um, that's a saleguy wanting you to spend even MORE on his machine than a dyson. My previous vac was a TriStar (another door-to-door only type) and it cost far more to maintain than this dyson in the same amount of time. (no need to replace inserts or filters, no bags...and it all comes apart with a quarter)

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

According to some magazine I recently read where they compared the DC28, DC25 (Ball), and that Eureka vacuum that is claiming to be better than a Dyson at a fraction of the price, the DC28 performed the best (and the Eureka, the worst.)

careyana

bigdaddy24 wrote:anyone have a consumer reports subscription that can tell me what these rate? I know that a lot of the dysons actually get so-so reviews from them

Consumer Reports gives them so-so ratings based on the up-front costs and the fact that they are rather loud and heavy, and this model is more so than others. It weighs in around 14 pounds and doesn't work on stairs very well (I have to unplug from downstairs about halfway and then plug back in upstairs, all while balancing it against my leg so I can use the attachments).

StCarl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StCarl

Variety: Jeremy Irons to play vacuum tycoon Dyson in epic bio-pic.

DYSON

gwash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwash
Zigee wrote:ummm...no more 2 for tuesdays?

i was thinking the same thing

danpalm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danpalm

Expensive but good value

bigdaddy24

careyana wrote:Consumer Reports gives them so-so ratings based on the up-front costs and the fact that they are rather loud and heavy, and this model is more so than others. It weighs in around 14 pounds and doesn't work on stairs very well (I have to unplug from downstairs about halfway and then plug back in upstairs, all while balancing it against my leg so I can use the attachments).

what about the dc25?

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Here's another Dyson vacuum currently selling by Woot too:

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/acopwhowontgodirty

Dyson DC25 Upright All Floor Ball Vacuum

$289.99
+ $5 shipping

CONDITION: Refurbished

PRODUCT: 1 Red Dyson DC25AFL Upright Ball Vacuum

careyana

bigdaddy24 wrote:what about the dc25?

Verbatim summarization on the DC25 from consumerreports.com

CR's Take

Overall, this is a good upright vacuum that is best suited for cleaning bare floors and picking up pet hair with very low emissions.

The DC25 scored a 54 compared to the DC28's 67 (which actually was a recommended buy)

hahentamashii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hahentamashii

I tried to buy, but "Hawaii" has been taken out of the "ship your stuff" section. It's really a shame that woot doesn't want my money.

bigdaddy24

careyana wrote:Verbatim summarization on the DC25 from consumerreports.com

CR's Take

Overall, this is a good upright vacuum that is best suited for cleaning bare floors and picking up pet hair with very low emissions.

The DC25 scored a 54 compared to the DC28's 67 (which actually was a recommended buy)

thanks for the info!! I canceled my sub to CR about 6 months ago.

bigdaddy24

Only problem now is deciding which one to get

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
urocyon wrote:
Cons: Seems to fill up quickly. If you let it fill too much it can be a chore getting all the hair out of the can.

This is an issue for all cyclone vacs. Just something to deal with if you like the style.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hahentamashii wrote:I tried to buy, but "Hawaii" has been taken out of the "ship your stuff" section. It's really a shame that woot doesn't want my money.

We didn't remove it. The only site that has ever shipped outside the 48 contiguous states is Shirt. Sorry though.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders