ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

DODGEBALL 239. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings Mash-up.

You might think that the theme for this week's contest is just cheap pandering to popular geek culture in order to increase the number of entries and voters. You thought right!

This week's task is simple: Show us a mash-up involving two or all three of the above mentioned epics. You can have them working together, fighting the other's enemies, or fighting an all-out geek turf war. In case you've been living under a rock for the last 35 years, here's a plot synopsis of all three. As you can see, they really aren't that different after all:

click here or on the image for a larger version.

The usual Dodgeball rules apply. Post through midnight CDT Thursday, voting Friday, and results posted Saturday. If you are new and have any questions, click on this link for the Dodgeball FAQ.

pute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pute
ActorTom wrote:In case you've been living under a rock for the last 35 years

Actually, I have been living under a rock for the last 35 years; I have seen the original Star Wars trilogy, parts of the prequels, none of the Harry Potter, nor Lord of the Rings, nor the Chronicles of Narnia! I know, I'm wierd.

ActorTom

Well you're looking a bit like Hagrid in that photo.

I have all the Star Wars films on DVD.

I have all of the LOTR films on DVD and Blu-ray.
I have all of the Harry Potter Films released so far on Blu-ray. I've had my tickets for two weeks for the 12:01 am opening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (which is still almost two weeks away) at the only 3-D IMAX theater in the county.

Yes, I'm a geek, and I was a geek long before being a geek became socially acceptable.

websorcerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages websorcerer

websorcerer

The Civil War Triumvirate

ActorTom

Just over 7 hours left to enter the contest, then it'll be time to vote.

pute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pute

Does an anagram count as a mashup? Please don't vote for this travesty!
Prearranged filth as two tryst horrors
(anagram of Star Wars Harry Potter Lord of the Rings)

Well, I thought I had posted this before work; oh well, here goes ~

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

websorcerer