2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dapepsicola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dapepsicola

Oh this is a nice one, I have one myself.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

now on woot? that was fast.

newbrict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newbrict
dapepsicola wrote:Oh this is a nice one, I have one myself.

Yeah me too!

gilfOG

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gilfOG

I wanted to like this, but it's too bad it got SHAMEFUL reviews.

total woots: 11
total shirt.woots:15
total sellout.woot:3

rom

also want one of these but can't find a reason to buy since I already have an iPad 2. WebOS is really nice.

ahlacey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahlacey

Looks tempting... and here is the inevitable question:

How does this compare to the iPad 1 or Xoom?

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive

What's the deal with WebOS? Is this going to be abandonware soon?

JediLow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JediLow

Bad timing for woot - HP is giving it a $100 discount this weekend. (You only save $20 now)

maduro24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maduro24
dapepsicola wrote:Oh this is a nice one, I have one myself.

16 or 32? Will you really use 32?

jeffiekins

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jeffiekins

What the heck?!? How is this one 3 or 4 times as nice as the ones we see around $100? This one is WebOS (formerly Palm?) and those are Android.

As much as I like my old Palm, isn't it about time to stick a fork in WebOS and call it done?

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

mgaylen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgaylen

Can you use it with your Zune library?

tetchypoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tetchypoo

$20 cheaper than Amazon? Yawn.

Amasnooze.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Amazon: $379.99 +$9.81 shipping cheapest, 95 reviews, bit over 4 stars:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-9-7-Inch-Tablet-Computer/dp/B0055D67HW

rom

jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg

Dear HP,
Your HP Touch Pad has been out one month and three days. Amazon is already using their deal-a-day site to clearance them out at $120 off of their usual $499 price tag. To put it simply, this is a bad sign.

On a more serious note, I was considering getting one of these but wanted to wait and see how developers backed (or didn't) it. My phone OS of choice is Windows Phone 7, so no tablet with that OS for me. My wife has an iPad and I like it much more than the Honeycomb tablets I have used, but really was wanting to avoid iOS. Hopefully HP is able to court developers and releases an amazing TouchPad 2 in the next 6-8 months.

Wotadeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wotadeal

They will cost half that price soon or less... Who is buying a tablet with webOS...??

alysseumwarrior

quality posts: 13 Private Messages alysseumwarrior

Great UI design, WebOS’s excellent card-based switching interface, the solid hardware, the shortcomings, what seems unfinished, WebOS’s seemingly endemic lagginess, and the miserable performance of Flash Player.

REVIEW: http://www.macworld.com/article/160858/2011/06/hp_touchpad_first_look.html

adprintz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adprintz

Sorry woot, but this is an awful deal. HP is offering this for $399 on their website this weekend (the 5th-7th), and if you type in SAVE30HP, you'll actually get it for $369. So woot is actually selling it for $10 too much.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webos/us/en/rebate.html?jumpid=ex_r11694_go_offer

hinesola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinesola

Whaaaa??!! Better deal than we employees got at launch time! Humpf!

dabartle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dabartle
JediLow wrote:Bad timing for woot - HP is giving it a $100 discount this weekend. (You only save $20 now)

There are coupon codes that reduce the price by at least $30 more. This can be found cheaper this weekend then the price here.

darthwhit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darthwhit

disregard most of the bad reviews. It is a good piece of hardware and an amazing piece of software. The recent update fixes the majority or problems that reviewers had issues with. Also it is incredibly friendly to homebrew which means you can overclock it and run a number of customized apps and patches to your own taste which is somewhat sanctioned by HP. The webos fans really support this software and it is truly better than anything else out there currently. I definitely recommend it.

kringansaha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kringansaha
hinesola wrote:Whaaaa??!! Better deal than we employees got at launch time! Humpf!

well, what can we say!

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
JediLow wrote:Bad timing for woot - HP is giving it a $100 discount this weekend. (You only save $20 now)

Yea really foolish to have this price point now. But so is the tablet, mediocre at best and none to little apps available. Should have release an android version as well to cover their bases but hey fail like Palm did.

Silly Rabbit......

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

How does this compare to the Amazon Tablet rumors?

billebrock

quality posts: 4 Private Messages billebrock

$510 (approx.) on amazon (including full 3 yr warranty with drops and spills) as opposed to $465 on woot................

without warranty it is $410 amazon, $385 woot................

to me...not so much a savings really...but I guess if you are ready to absolutely buy one than a few bucks could be saved today

kringansaha

adprintz wrote:Sorry woot, but this is an awful deal. HP is offering this for $399 on their website this weekend (the 5th-7th), and if you type in SAVE30HP, you'll actually get it for $369. So woot is actually selling it for $10 too much.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webos/us/en/rebate.html?jumpid=ex_r11694_go_offer

however, you will be paying state taxes on the item when you buy from hp, not from woot. so effectively, woot might be 10 dollars cheaper.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
adprintz wrote:Sorry woot, but this is an awful deal. HP is offering this for $399 on their website this weekend (the 5th-7th), and if you type in SAVE30HP, you'll actually get it for $369. So woot is actually selling it for $10 too much.

I tried it, the best I could get was $419.99 with free shipping. Did I do something wrong?

princessleiao

quality posts: 3 Private Messages princessleiao

WebOS shouldn't be abandonware, HP just spent a lot of time and energy improving it and getting it ready to roll.

It is supposed to be their OS that they put on all their stuff, printers, tablets, laptops, pcs, averything.

I played with my friend's 32g TouchPad and she almost didn't get it back. I was doing homework on it, reading the news, watching youtube, skyping with a friend in China. everything on hers ran really smoothly and responded fast.
I should have taken her up on her employee discount.

curtisonline

quality posts: 3 Private Messages curtisonline

Yeah woot. This is the first time ever when I think you should pull this and either knock another 50 off it or switch to a different deal. I played with one of these at sams today and thought it seems heavy and slow.

uncdomination

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncdomination

This is a VERY good deal, it is 20 dollars cheaper than the instant 100$ savings that is going on this weekend only with the touchpad. I work at the BestBuy and we have these on display. I would recommend them over any other tablet. Especially with the new WebOS update to fix bugs and other minor issues. Great buy at 379$ new. Cheaper than the 399$ transformer and faster as well.

-Mike

labgrant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages labgrant

I grew up near Poplar Bluff. Pitch failed.

kringansaha

13 minutes into the deal and the map colors d0n't want to change? Looks like this is going to come back on a woot off for the same price.

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida
kringansaha wrote:however, you will be paying state taxes on the item when you buy from hp, not from woot. so effectively, woot might be 10 dollars cheaper.

Unless you live in Washington state, in which case you WILL be paying taxes with Woot anyway. Thanks Amazon.

sdc100

quality posts: 507 Private Messages sdc100

This is technically an amazing machine. However, it uses WebOS, a Linux-based operating system that is used only by HP and Palm (who developed it). And as we all know, a computer is only as good as its software and I doubt that WebOS will get much software support. The field is already crowded with Apple's iOS, Google's Android, Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS, and RIM's BlackBerry OS. There is simply no overwhelming reason to go over to WebOS given the dearth of apps. Heck, it's even no longer backwards compatible with Palm apps (the first versions of WebOS could run Palm apps).

In my opinion, HP's decision for all future HP computers to include WebOS on the hard drive will fail. It won't help tablet sales and the OS will be considered bloatware wasting hard drive space, something HP is notorious for.

I expect these to be selling on Woot for about half this price in about a year. And a large community will have formed to root the device to run Android...

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Woot purchasers must have made a deal to sell this so they can get more HP refurb computers to sell or something.

This can be bought for around this price online already, and why would you spend this much and not go for an Asus Transformer or something with a more supported and future proof OS?

(ready for everyone to prove me wrong

rom

mgaylen wrote:Can you use it with your Zune library?

nope, sorry. You will have to wait for Windows 8 next year. Which, by the looks of it, looks awesome.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

Deal this weekend

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/04/hp-offers-100-discount-on-touchpad-for-one-weekend-only/

Silly Rabbit......