WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

medals

As you've probably already noticed, our staff has been going nuts for the 2011 Woot Monkey Games, and we want to give all of you a chance to participate at home. That's why, each Friday in August, we'll be giving you a chance to win one of the very special 2011 Monkey Games Monkeys. They're limited and dated and once they're gone, we won't ever do this batch again. Here's your chance to own a little part of Woot history! Our first community challenge is still open or you can give today's a shot in this thread! Just read the contest rules, then post a link to your video in the comments. Here's a little hint about what event you'll be competing in this time... think you can guess?

hint

That's right, this week is Entry Period 2 and you'll be competing in the Hula Hoop Endurance Challenge! The short version is that you'll be grabbing a hula hoop and going for as long as you can. Film yourself and upload the footage to your favorite host-of-choice, then post the link in this thread before Thursday, August 18th at noon, and our judges will make the decision on who gets the medals, the shirts, and the limited edition 2011 Monkey Games monkey. Full rules and legal are right here so be sure to read them carefully before you start... and good luck!

Quality Posts

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dragqueen, it is going to be hard to hula with the camera!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

epixinc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages epixinc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAomQ8spbyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This has to be the most boring video ever!!!!

P.s. Did you know your foot can cramp from hula hooping?

iWoot.alot
Board of Circuits 6/15/11, 9/14/11, 3/23/12, 4/26/12

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdvkrP50gxo

No cute cats, like epixinc, but a bit more suspense!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Please keep in mind the cut off for entry is noon CST today! We'll announce the winners tomorrow in the blog when we announce the new chance to win!

riteshsahu1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riteshsahu1981

good one

722lad wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdvkrP50gxo

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
agingdragqueen wrote:Please keep in mind the cut off for entry is noon CST today! We'll announce the winners tomorrow in the blog when we announce the new chance to win!

I played - no camera - and I lost miserably.

epixinc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages epixinc
722lad wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdvkrP50gxo

The kittens love the monkies ;) The whole reason for needing to win a new monkey ;)

iWoot.alot
Board of Circuits 6/15/11, 9/14/11, 3/23/12, 4/26/12

thecommissioner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecommissioner

Staff

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your submissions. Sadly, the time for our first two events has come to a close. We had 6 qualified entries for the Paper Plane contest and 2 for the Hula Hoop contest. Winners will be posted and tomorrow along with the next community challenge. A team of unbiased Woot! Monkeys and I will be reviewing the entries.

We look forward to seeing how you all fare in the final two contest. Stay tuned…

dispute? questions? commissioner@woot.com

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

thecommissioner wrote:I would like to thank each and every one of you for your submissions. Sadly, the time for our first two events has come to a close. We had 6 qualified entries for the Paper Plane contest and 2 for the Hula Hoop contest. Winners will be posted and tomorrow along with the next community challenge. A team of unbiased Woot! Monkeys and I will be reviewing the entries.

We look forward to seeing how you all fare in the final two contest. Stay tuned…

The Commissioner is lacking a staff bar, so I'd just like to vouch for them so everyone knows they are real.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.