WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

oooahh

At last! They've arrived at last! Behold our special 2011 Woot Monkey Games Monkey! As you've probably already noticed, our staff has been going nuts for the 2011 Woot Monkey Games, and we want to give all of you a chance to participate at home. That's why, each Friday in August, you've got a chance to win one of the very special, very limited monkeys pictured above. Once they're gone, we won't ever do this batch again. Here's your chance to own a little part of Woot history! But before send you inside for this week's event, we should note our previous two challenges are over and done, and the winners have been chosen. Congratulations to the following forum contestants!

PAPER AIRPLANE TOSS          HULA HOOPING
                       1st place: irpip                     1st place: 722lad
                       2nd place: spilzer                 2nd place: epixinc
                       3rd place: sjyokel

Well done to the medal winners! Email your details (edit: like name, address and shirt size) to commissioner@woot.com and they'll get your prize package sorted out. And for all you non-medal participants, we're still impressed. It took great courage to make those videos, and we won't forget how you sacrificed your dignity for the amusement of others. Are you ready to try again?

This is your chance to win a Monkey and medal of your very own. Just read the contest rules inside, then post a link to your video in the comments. Here's a little hint about what event you'll be doing this time... think you can guess?

arch

That's right, this week is Entry Period 3 and you'll be competing in rubber band archery! The short version is that you'll be trying to shoot five plastic cups off a table as fast as you can. Film yourself and upload the footage to your favorite host-of-choice, then post the link in this thread before Thursday, August 25th at noon, and our judges will make the decision on who gets the medals, the shirts, and the limited edition 2011 Monkey Games monkey. Full rules and legal are right here so be sure to read them carefully before you start... and good luck!

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Second place?! Really? Me? Aw shucks!

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the people who helped me get here...

(cue cheesy award show music)

...nah, I wouldn't do that to you guys. But seriously, thanks Woot! It really made my day to see I had won second prize in a Monkey Games contest. I'll wear my Silver Sansa with pride!

sjyokel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjyokel

Thanks for the great news and the family fun! Congratulations to all the other winners.

The medal will mean almost as much as my first quality post after being an active member for 5 years! I wonder if there's a place for that on my resume...

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

Thanks, Woot!, for the games (and the exercise).

Congrats to epixinc and the paper airplane champs. Good luck to the rest on the next challenges!

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1

The rules don't specify how to place the cups. Do I have to put them in a row? (sitting upright or flipped over?)

Can I stack them 5 high so I only have to shoot the bottom one to have 'em all crash down?

Also, doesn't a couple of woot monkeys tied together count as a "rubber band"? Their arms are quite rubbery, you know.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Now I am beyond confused. I would SWEAR that I posted my Paper Airplane video HERE! Apparently the screaming woot!monkeys have screamed the last brain cell out of my vapid skull. oh well....

edit: AHHHH! HA!! duh. This thread is WEEK THREE, and I posted in WEEK ONE. Oh well. Y'all check out Woot!Monkey Brown back in week one and let me know what you think, even though it's a loser, not a winner.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

ckeilah wrote: Y'all check out Woot!Monkey Brown back in week one and let me know what you think, even though it's a loser, not a winner.

Get some cups and compete for this week's!

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

thecommissioner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecommissioner

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:The rules don't specify how to place the cups. Do I have to put them in a row? (sitting upright or flipped over?)

Can I stack them 5 high so I only have to shoot the bottom one to have 'em all crash down?

Also, doesn't a couple of woot monkeys tied together count as a "rubber band"? Their arms are quite rubbery, you know.

We're ruling they have to be in a row. Play for Woot, play like the Wooters do.

dispute? questions? commissioner@woot.com

sjyokel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjyokel

I guess I'll start things off this week. Good luck to all the entrants. Well good enough luck that maybe 1 of you beats me...not more than 2 for sure.

Rubber Band Archery - sjyokel by sjyokel13, on Flickr

Video is here

epixinc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages epixinc

Video

Another fun event for us and the kittens. Thanks woot!

Gotta bring home the gold!

iWoot.alot
Board of Circuits 6/15/11, 9/14/11, 3/23/12, 4/26/12

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Time for my Entry!

Well, once again I must apologize for my poor video quality. I have my camera phone, and that is about it.

All video taken by my ever-lovin' wife.

Here's the video

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff

Sorry for the really, really poor video quality. I had just enough time to grab some vital supplies before my trip (yes woot lights are vital). Thank heavens Comfort Suites and their really large double queen rooms with a couch and enough room to set up a firing range.

Hotel room

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I am a monkey fanatic that missed week one and week two due to work issues (freakin' boss deciding to move our Seattle shop when I had videos to make and making me work 6 days a week since the beginning of August). Here is my entry:

Hoping for a monkey

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

FerrisBueller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages FerrisBueller

Oh, thanks woot, now I have something else to do on my day off.

Ferris' Day Off Video

That's Bueller, Ferris Bueller

thecommissioner

Staff

FerrisBueller wrote:Oh, thanks woot, now I have something else to do on my day off.

Ferris' Day Off Video

Ferris, Video is coming up as private. Please post so that we can view. Thanks, Commissioner

okiedukie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages okiedukie

Entering from DC, having survived the earthquake and now preparing for Irene (ugh).

My entry

Couldn't find a tape measure around the office--had to flip an old-fashioned footlong ruler 10 times.

FerrisBueller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages FerrisBueller
thecommissioner wrote:Ferris, Video is coming up as private. Please post so that we can view. Thanks, Commissioner

I think I fell down the stairs and bumped my head...

does it work now?

That's Bueller, Ferris Bueller

thecommissioner

Staff

Thanks to all of you who entered the Rubber band archery contest. We had 7 entries. Stay tuned. We will review the entries and announce placement. Thanks again to you all!

Commissioner