gunnerp245

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gunnerp245
joemo7384 wrote:It's disappointing that that I cannot install a Youtube app on it. I have to use the Skyfire browser to do everything. I'm not impressed with the Pocket Edge.

Posted again...

Description/changelog of YouTube 1.3:
Support Android OS v1.5 devices. Released in August 2010.
Works on Dingo:

YouTube_1.3.apk

Description/changelog of YouTube 2.2.16:
Released: August 8, 2011
Works on ermine:

YouTube_2.2.16.apk
User of the 10" Entourage Edge (EE) and 7" Pocket Edge (PE). Red as Green was not an option. Have a visit Mobileread and view the Entourage Edge (EE) & Pocket Edge (PE) forum, when you have the opportunity! Helpful members and many hints, tricks and tips.

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

my dualbook just arrived, there was a return receipt from HSN left in the box. Is this considered new?

jfgirl2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfgirl2000

FEDEX sent my package to the wrong city & they have't sent it to the post office yet. I'm still waiting for stuff while everybody else is having fun!!!

lohoko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lohoko

I got the production. But I really have the problem to register. It's show I connet internet. But when I do register, it keep giving me the error message code 80. I tried to find some tech support online. their website even not working too. Need help!!

lohoko

warjon wrote:just got the edge put can't get past step 6 in setup since company is no longer around..so any suggestion on how to get around this to actually use it would be appreciated !!

I got same problem. Help please

lohoko

surveyah wrote:Left WV at 7:45 last night.....will it be here for this weekend???? Can always hope....

I have all the update files, instructions to upgrade, user manual, have watched all the YouTube videos (more than once), and been sifting through many user forums.

I think I'm ready to go...lol

How did you passed register? Need help here.

shellvvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellvvs

I followed all the instructions to the letter on updating to the Ermine 2.2, I get the "UPdating software screen" then I still get stuck in "reboot limbo" the device gets up to 1 to 3 dots in reboot the shuts off then tries again. Anyone else have this issue? I've tries multiple USB and MicroSD and still get stuck in reboot limbo. I"m reverting back to the old OS before I break the device.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
lohoko wrote:How did you passed register? Need help here.

For those of you who are just joining this discussion here are some links that may help.

How to get past the registration problem during setup:

Post 4622390.
Post 4636201.

How to get the Android 2.2 upgrade:

Post 4622688.

This download contains several files including the instructions.

Also reading through this discussion can be very helpful. People have been contributing a large volume of info here. It would be well worth your time.

You should also check out Mobile Read. The community over there is supporting the EE and PE. Registration is free.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

shellvvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellvvs
lohoko wrote:I got same problem. Help please

i tried the "tapping all 4 corners"method and had no luck, but I did attempt to upgrade to 2.2, NO SUCCESS, then went back to the Dingo 1.6 and was able to skip registration. still stuck with the old OS, but at least it works.

jaheem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaheem

I had buy the entourage Pocket edge Dualbook from the 9th the zip code on the order was wrong so i did not get it, i need some help!!!

jostuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jostuff

Mine arrived on Saturday. I plugged it in and was able to do the skip registration trick. I then started messing around with it before it was fully charged and was having trouble with e-reader side not responding to me using the stylus. It wasn't until it was almost fully charged that it prompted me to calibrate it. Once that was done everything worked! I then updated to Ermine 2.2 and started loading apps from Amazon, SlideMe Market and Freelovers.com. So far, everything is working great and I am very happy with my purchase!

kpopovici

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpopovici
werdffej wrote:Can the Android OS be upgraded?

Does this device support any known drawing apps?

I figured it out!
Follow Matt's instructions at this link:
http://armjam533.blogspot.com/
BUT use the file located at:
http://dustyfeet.com/edge/
Since the entourage site is shut down.

jaheem

the zip code was wrong on my address thats why i did not get the entourage today the zip code is 32824 can you cal fedex and give them the new zip so they would not return it

Blakegj

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Blakegj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNhyUAm-IMA&feature=player_embedded#

Notice the 3g mgr app? Unrealized feature?

friartek

jaheem wrote:I had buy the entourage Pocket edge Dualbook from the 9th the zip code on the order was wrong so i did not get it, i need some help!!!

email service@woot.com

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.

jaheem

friartek wrote:email service@woot.com

Thanks man!i cal fedex an they say i can pick it up at the post office. that real sweet

yahdmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yahdmon

Finally got my own yesterday -- pretty nice I think. It is a real pity this company went under... and it amazes me how a company, using free software, can fold when compared to companies using proprietary software. I guess the hardware cost was too much. But anyway, I do wish someone would pick this up and support it and get us uptodate if that is possible.

Anyway, I cannot get the update to work. In storage my thumb drive can be seen and I can see the file on it but it will not start the update process when I do the button sequence when I turn it on... bummer!

yahdmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yahdmon
Blakegj wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNhyUAm-IMA&feature=player_embedded#

Notice the 3g mgr app? Unrealized feature?

Nice...

friartek

yahdmon wrote:Finally got my own yesterday -- pretty nice I think. It is a real pity this company went under... and it amazes me how a company, using free software, can fold when compared to companies using proprietary software. I guess the hardware cost was too much. But anyway, I do wish someone would pick this up and support it and get us uptodate if that is possible.

Anyway, I cannot get the update to work. In storage my thumb drive can be seen and I can see the file on it but it will not start the update process when I do the button sequence when I turn it on... bummer!

Is the format on the drive FAT32? You can also put it on a microSD card and try it that way.

You should read this, explains the process. The links to enTourage are dead, but its a nice writeup.

surveyah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surveyah

Has anyone tried to install Google Earth? I would love to have it on this....

If not, is there a good alternative?

friartek

surveyah wrote:Has anyone tried to install Google Earth? I would love to have it on this....

If not, is there a good alternative?

I'm not sure you can or would want to. Remember this doesn't have a GPU. It would really be slow.

hotdyegrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotdyegrl

I am very happy with this device! I literally have a ppt open and directly take notez on the ereader. The main apps work and it is a near perfect size for me. I love that I can read the slides from a USB incase it's low on memory. Great little device.

BTW, mine was not taped shut when I got if, however all of the tape and wrap seemed to be in place. I would say mine was new.

jfgirl2000

Dear WOOT

I am not happy and I don't know who to complain to.

FEDEX sent my package to the wrong city (they said because they had the wrong address)

The package was stuck 45 mins away from my house. Then they sent the package to the post office.

The post office then sent my package to another state. They sent it to Memphis TN!!!!!!!! I don't live in Tennessee!!!!

Now I have to wait to October 3rd to get my package because either you or FEDEX sent it "partial post".

This was my first WOOT purchase. This may be my LAST!!!!!!!

Sincerely
FRUSTRATED & TICKED OFF

csalt11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csalt11
friartek wrote:A nice person over at mobileread set up a torrent. It contains the 2.2 upgrade and the original 1.6 in case for some reason you would want/need to downgrade. Instructions included in a text file. Also the manual is there in both epub and pdf formats.

I will leave my torrent client up for the next week or two, to help with the load. Maybe few others can do the same until most of us get the software downloaded.

http://www.rehorst.com/mrehorst/PocketEdge_updates.zip.torrent

I'm already seeding clients. I guess others found this torrent.

csalt11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csalt11

I went to the torrent website with the Edge and it just sits there... any ideas?

boflaherty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boflaherty

How do I download apps since the store wont allow it?

chardond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chardond
sarahinbarrow wrote:Check out this video and explanation- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI

Thanks it worked but how can I bypass registration to go to the store app. Every time I try to go there its telling me to register the device first. Any suggestions

bethyoung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethyoung

no matter what I do, I cannot bypass the registering the Adobe account. I have an Adobe account and have used it, I've used two different email addresses, I've tried to tap the screens in the corner, but nothing works. I really don't know what else to do but to return it as I cannot use it at all now. I get the same error code over and over:

friartek

hotdyegrl wrote:I am very happy with this device! I literally have a ppt open and directly take notez on the ereader. The main apps work and it is a near perfect size for me. I love that I can read the slides from a USB incase it's low on memory. Great little device.

BTW, mine was not taped shut when I got if, however all of the tape and wrap seemed to be in place. I would say mine was new.

As I said in a previous post, enTourage didn't seal or shrink wrap their product, don't ask me why. All you can do is check inside to see if it is new. There should be a protective cover over the LCD screen, speakers, camera and the outside of both halves. This should then be inside a foam envelope. There should also be bubble rap around the USB cable.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jfgirl2000 wrote:Dear WOOT

I am not happy and I don't know who to complain to.

FEDEX sent my package to the wrong city (they said because they had the wrong address)

The package was stuck 45 mins away from my house. Then they sent the package to the post office.

The post office then sent my package to another state. They sent it to Memphis TN!!!!!!!! I don't live in Tennessee!!!!

Now I have to wait to October 3rd to get my package because either you or FEDEX sent it "partial post".

This was my first WOOT purchase. This may be my LAST!!!!!!!

Sincerely
FRUSTRATED & TICKED OFF

We hear ya. Please feel free to write us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with your purchase.
Remember to include your username and order number so we can help you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

friartek

csalt11 wrote:I went to the torrent website with the Edge and it just sits there... any ideas?

The file is us just a data file saying where the real file is. You need to run a "torrent" client to do the actual download. It is a peer to peer sharing program. Several others on this discussion and myself left our clients up to help with the downloads(its called seeding). As you download. your client should indicate how many clients are seeding your download. This spreads the load and no one person takes a hit.

You need to download it to your PC(Windows 7 uses Bit-torrent as the client). If you don't have a client, just browse for "torrent" and download one.

You will need to unzip the download file. Instructions are included.

You should read this, explains the process. The links in it to enTourage are dead, but its a nice writeup.

friartek

bethyoung wrote:no matter what I do, I cannot bypass the registering the Adobe account. I have an Adobe account and have used it, I've used two different email addresses, I've tried to tap the screens in the corner, but nothing works. I really don't know what else to do but to return it as I cannot use it at all now. I get the same error code over and over:

Read this.

jfgirl2000

ROGETRAY wrote:We hear ya. Please feel free to write us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with your purchase.
Remember to include your username and order number so we can help you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I sent an email to service@woot but I forgot to put in the user name and order number. I'll resend it. Thanks.

friartek

boflaherty wrote:How do I download apps since the store wont allow it?

You can use Amazon's store app. Sorry I don't have the info with me, but it has been posted a number of times in this discussion. It should be on the last couple of pages. There is a wealth of info in this discussion(between the same questions, over and over), but it is well worth your time to go through them.

friartek

chardond wrote:Thanks it worked but how can I bypass registration to go to the store app. Every time I try to go there its telling me to register the device first. Any suggestions

Update: Oops... Not enough sleep the last few nights. You should read this previous post.

Not sure I understand where you're at in the process.

First, enTourage as a company is no more and their store has been shut down since May. The rest of their web site was shutdown a few weeks ago, that's why you have to break out of the registration. Amazon's app store is most likely your best bet at this point.

This doesn't match up with your statement, but without more detail, like which store your talking about, I don't know right know how else to answer you.

You should read through the posts in this discussion, most likely you will find that someone has already answered your question.

Update: You should also check out Mobile Read. The community over there is supporting the EE and PE. Registration is free.

thedietcokeofevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedietcokeofevil

This forum needs an auto-reply feature.

F**K. Even in the future nothin' works.

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1

I thought I would post these for those of you who are happy with your device and want to customize the "look" - some of them are very pretty!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pocket+edge+case&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=entourage+pocket+edge+case&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aentourage+pocket+edge+case

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
joemo7384 wrote:It's disappointing that that I cannot install a Youtube app on it. I have to use the Skyfire browser to do everything. I'm not impressed with the Pocket Edge.

secondary method to use youtube.....download FREEdi Youtube from Amazon market.

you can watch in HD
download as video or MP3 or AAC
or share on facebook.

edit:I NEED BETTER AVATAR!

jcenglehardt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcenglehardt

Not too happy. Can't get beyond step 6 because there's nowhere to register. Currently only usable as skeet. Anybody have any solution?