XxTheOnexX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XxTheOnexX

posting to show off my new addition to my sig.

god that was a great way to end the work day

Random Crap : 8/30/07, 11/16/07, 4/1/09, 10/21/10
Brick of Carbonite : 12/6/11
Santa's Sack of Crap : 12/25/11

mariojill2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mariojill2001

Got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope its something good.

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Oh woot you teased me. The page never finished loading after clicking the This info is correct button. But I GOT ONE!!

Thanks again woot! The Christmas season would not have been complete without a Burgandy Olfactory Center and now I get a calendar to !!!!

DBCubFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DBCubFan

4th one since '06. However, I have a good streak going on in the last year (or less).

So many of these posts should be on whine.woot.com.

Buttarbean2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Buttarbean2000

What usually comes in these things??

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin

Sooo Happy I got one today. Bag of Coal!!!

skg574

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skg574
loudheart wrote:I don't know where Woot hosts its servers, but I'm guessing in either in Texas or somewhere central of USA. If you reside far away from the servers, such as in the East or West coast, then your requests (those clicks) take further to travel from your PC to Woot's servers. So, for those that live closer to where the servers are located, their requests handle first because the distance travel is shorter.

Routing is independent of location. You could be down the street and have it take more hops to get to woot servers than someone 2000 physical miles away.

Number of hops in your route is also only part of it, someone with 14 hops to woot servers could have a better connection than someone six hops away if any router in that six hop route is dropping packets, flip flopping, or overloaded/slow.

skg574

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skg574
justafreak wrote:Crap number 5 for me. It's been a while (couple years at least) since my last crap...

Getting old sucks, huh? Try some Milk of Magnesia, it can help shorten the duration between craps.

bomberjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomberjb

I feel like a rookie. Forgot to check and make sure I was logged in at work not just home. Clicked to buy and proceeded to the log in screen.

Game Over

Congrats to the 1%

madbomma

brianw1957

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brianw1957
skg574 wrote:Getting old sucks, huh? Try some Milk of Magnesia, it can help shorten the duration between craps.

Your crap wisdom is mint...

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide

Dear Woot Gods,

Thank you for hooking me up with another Burgandy Olfactory Center . I tried really frigging hard today to get one of the scoobas I missed and waited all darn day for two days for a roomba with no nod.

That said, I also sent a sacrifice to the woot gods by way of TPW with a super fresh vintage cell phone included in his own Burgandy Olfactory Center that may or may not have actually made it to TPW as he departed shortly after I shipped it.

May you please please please grace me with a working roomba or scooba.

That is all.

xoxoxoxo-

yrguide

PS: I'm pretty sure I will get a barbie back pack, woot calendar, USB cable, & a foot flush but I figure I'd ask.

krazyballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyballs
skg574 wrote:Routing is independent of location. You could be down the street and have it take more hops to get to woot servers than someone 2000 physical miles away.

Number of hops in your route is also only part of it, someone with 14 hops to woot servers could have a better connection than someone six hops away if any router in that six hop route is dropping packets, flip flopping, or overloaded/slow.

is that why utah seems to be the brightest state highlighted at the end of the Burgandy Olfactory Center??? i dont exactly call that right next to texas

edit: oops, i meant to quote the other guy

Saurabh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Saurabh

Finally... Success!!!

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
flammablesquid wrote:I miss the days when the birdhouse o'cardnals was more random. The timing has been pretty predictable for what seems like much too long now.

If they really wanted to piss people off it would come up at 2 AM PST.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
XxTheOnexX wrote:posting to show off my new addition to my sig.

god that was a great way to end the work day

I think that your signature is always what's currently in your account settings even for old posts. I never bothered with a signature before today and my posts in the last BOC thread show it.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

this is # 3 for the year and # 11 total for me.

I switched up things ( having used Chrome the last few attempts ) and went with I.E. . I experienced some of the quirks others mentioned , namely that pages didn't load correctly but still had all of of the correct fields and buttons to push.

after some uncertainty , I waited about 10 mins. into the next item to check if I Scored and sure enought Bag of Coal for 12/6/11 was on the list and I was a happy Camper

to those who weren't so fortunate, Don't forget Christmas Crap is a coming around the corner , hopefully good crap will come your way

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

blaisedaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaisedaddy

Missed out for a good reason
was on the way to see thirty seconds to mars in NYC

Kirkstone

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kirkstone
blaisedaddy wrote:Missed out for a good reason
was on the way to see thirty seconds to mars in NYC

Good show?

stele2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2
stryper2000 wrote:this is # 3 for the year and # 11 total for me.

Hey # 11 for me too, unless you count the Adventure crap and then it's 12. Started in 2006, actually registered in 2007, and got my first one in 2008.

So about $88 spent on crap and I've gotten way more than that. I think my first couple bags I only got one crap, before they changed it to an automatic three, so I only spent $6 on those.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

Le sigh. I did not get the Bag of Coal this time, though a friend of mine who's been trying for years scored her first. So congrats are in order to the first-timers.

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

It has been a while since I watched a Crappy discussion.
What kind of carp has been common recently? Have the woot!gods been smiling on the fortunate like they used to, with pallets of coffee makers or Gigantic TVs?
Last time I got a Burgandy Olfactory Center I got a broken hard floor cleaner. Here's hoping this time is just as fun.

x8

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Dear Woot-a-Clause,

I have been really really really really really really good this year. I have only posted a few Chuck Norris lines, a couple of katz, and only referenced Aperture Science like twice. I think this year I deserve a couple of extra goodies in my Baroscope osmics Conspurcation.

This year I would love a
a Slumberjack Emergency Cot

a Swiss Gear Crevasse 0 Degree Mummy-Style Sleeping Bag

and a spy Net Recording Night Vision Goggles

I've got some stalking to do.

What three goodies would you wooters like in your Christmas Bundle of cornucopia

Happy Christmakwanzanukkah!!!!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

stele2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2
    PUfelix85 wrote:What kind of carp has been common recently? Have the woot!gods been smiling on the fortunate like they used to, with pallets of coffee makers or Gigantic TVs?

Seems to be a lot of kids toys lately. My last one had a domino set, artist set, and electronic drums. Not too many roombas or tvs lately. In fact no one mentioned getting a letter in the last one I saw. I meant to check the previous Burgandy Olfactory Center maybe I'll do that now.

jahutcherson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jahutcherson
    PUfelix85 wrote:It has been a while since I watched a Crappy discussion.
    What kind of carp has been common recently? Have the woot!gods been smiling on the fortunate like they used to, with pallets of coffee makers or Gigantic TVs?
    Last time I got a Burgandy Olfactory Center I got a broken hard floor cleaner. Here's hoping this time is just as fun.

Well it seems lately that they have been scraping by with as little as possible, and about as non-random as you can possibly get. That being said, it's still super fun, and there's always at least 1 useful thing in the box. I think some more variety would be nice but am I still gonna push that button like Pavlov's dog every time I see it? Yup!

SpacemanSpif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpacemanSpif
    kreegah wrote: ... So congrats are in order to the first-timers.

Thanks! 5 years, and I finally got my first one.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
    stele2 wrote:Seems to be a lot of kids toys lately. My last one had a domino set, artist set, and electronic drums. Not too many roombas or tvs lately. In fact no one mentioned getting a letter in the last one I saw. I meant to check the previous Burgandy Olfactory Center maybe I'll do that now.

I got a baggie in November's, and got a decent wireless mouse out of the deal...But other than that, it's been mediocre. They still have the sense of humour, though, what with the 288 foot flushes one guy received a couple baggies back.

itsdeuce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsdeuce

I have my 4th of all time. I feel good. I feel like I did something good in a previous woot-life.

WINTERFELL!!1

B1GgP3tE

quality posts: 3 Private Messages B1GgP3tE

woot woot! Bushel of Crabs #5 for me! pulled the 3 month hat-trick too! (Oct, Nov and now Dec Bushels)

i'm not a big fan of capitalization.

GleeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GleeGuy

Finally got my second Bag of Coal, only took 2 years. Got to the big button and the server croaked, but it went through!

Things I got out of my first one were a laptop backpack, Pale Ale coozies, a dead camera and a couple of Sansas that all died eventually too.

kin2all

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kin2all

Thanks Woot gods! It's like having Christmas in December!

ipgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipgreen

I have been in this since April 2007 and have now scored my 6th Bane of Catholicism. My first didn’t come until Feb. of 2010 and since I consider myself blessed to have had such success with my acquisitions. I feel bad for those of you who have been trying for years, the only thing is can say is keep up the fight. I myself am on the upside of things. I have invested a mere $52 on my Bags of Coal and in one I had an item that I parted with to a co-worker for $100. I must be living right to be in the top 1% on as many occasions as I have. Let’s just hope this one gets here before x-mas and I can give myself great joy of opening my own give from Santa Woot.

maltzmania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maltzmania

sorry for the Baby New Year question but first time Burgandy Olfactory Center how long does it take to ship approx?

Thanks!

ipgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipgreen
    maltzmania wrote:sorry for the Baby New Year question but first time Burgandy Olfactory Center how long does it take to ship approx?

Thanks!

I am hoping to have it before xmas, but smartpost isn't always the predictable.

maltzmania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maltzmania
    ipgreen wrote:I am hoping to have it before xmas, but smartpost isn't always the predictable.

Thanks!

I'm just concerned I'll be out of town and it'll be left on the doorstep like a poor lost child

mikebbass

maltzmania wrote:sorry for the Baby New Year question but first time Burgandy Olfactory Center how long does it take to ship approx?

Thanks!

My last one was ordered on 10/9 and arrived on 10/19 that was unusually fast for smartpost but I think having them by Christmakwanzukkah is possible.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

mikebbass

Also you should all have this song stuck in your head all day.

You're welcome!

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

mtarget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtarget

Looks like I managed to get another Burgandy Olfactory Center for under the Christmas Tree this year. It's always fun to open a box that nobody has an idea whats in it. Thanks WOOT, you guys have a Merry one too !!!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

What would I like in my Ban on Coal? One of the tents that has been coming up on woot. Or I have a friend that is dying for a new router. So any cheap router would be cool too.

What do I think I'm going to get? Barbie backpack (got one last Burgandy Olfactory Center too), a 6" USB cable, Woot calender, some random nerdy "office jokey" item, and a flying monkey (got one last Burgandy Olfactory Center too).

eckerput

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eckerput
    mtarget wrote:Looks like I managed to get another Burgandy Olfactory Center for under the Christmas Tree this year. It's always fun to open a box that nobody has an idea whats in it. Thanks WOOT, you guys have a Merry one too !!!

You've got a lot of willpower to wait until Christmas to open it!

knaegeli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knaegeli
    andrewkl wrote:

Hell, there haven't even been any letters lately!

Don't be so certain about the lack of letters. A normal Burgandy Olfactory Center discussion forum contains 1500-2000 posts. And the first 15-20 pages (40 posts/page - 600-800 posts) are usually a mix of celebration and whining. So that leaves somewhere around 700-1400 other posts, which would AT MOST cover less than half of the Burgandy Olfactory Centers (2500-3000 sold per woot-off). So at least half of the Woot! community for any given Bag of Coal sale is not living up to their end of the deal (or is unaware of obligations to inform the rest of the world wide web of the contents of their prize.)