genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV2Nq8lL5pU&feature=youtu.be

Trying to figure out the name of this song / artist... SURELY somebody out there knows.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
genericsmith wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV2Nq8lL5pU&feature=youtu.be

Trying to figure out the name of this song / artist... SURELY somebody out there knows.

Wow.... no idea... but it is now an ear-worm. thanks? LOL

genericsmith

I've put in on the woot forums, some amazon discussions... Not sure what other places would be good to give it exposure.

I've been looking off and on for quite a few years... I'd like to know by the end of the year.

Or at least cross it off my bucket list eventually.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

genericsmith

Just added incentive... if somebody can figure out the song title / artist / album... I'll buy them a daily woot shirt of their choice... Or chose from my unwashed / unworn M2XLs if there's a reckoned shirt I have someone is interested in.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I posted it to my g+ page...not optimistic. My SO is usually very good at IDing music and this flummoxed him.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

TBH, it sounds to me like some indie beastie's knockoff band, which would make it nearly impossible to ID outside of their local area of influence.
Is this your tape or did you find it in a used car you bought?

move along

genericsmith

It's been on a mixtape I've had for like 20 years... I got it originally from my brother... He doesn't remember where he got it, or any information about it.

To me it sounds like Q-tip (from a tribe called quest) and Humpty Hump (From Digital Underground) but I haven't been able to find anything that seems right under any of their discographies.

I tried kgbkgb last night...and even they were stumped.

I figure if I put it out enough places SOMEBODY will be able to find the information.

Afro68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Afro68
genericsmith wrote:It's been on a mixtape I've had for like 20 years... I got it originally from my brother... He doesn't remember where he got it, or any information about it.

To me it sounds like Q-tip (from a tribe called quest) and Humpty Hump (From Digital Underground) but I haven't been able to find anything that seems right under any of their discographies.

I tried kgbkgb last night...and even they were stumped.

I figure if I put it out enough places SOMEBODY will be able to find the information.

Well I can tell you it's definitely not Q-Tip or Humpty Hump. I been listening to Hip/Hop since the beginning and I have never heard this song before. His flow reminds me of early Fresh Prince and the chorus is a Pee Wee Herman attempt??? The beats are mid to late 80's. This was probably a local act that never broke out the local scene. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.