+ Add a Comment

rlitteriowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlitteriowoot

I totally agree. It was 2007 the last time for me. I got right in this time and never made it through to the final confirmation. I think I'm done.

pollock56th

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pollock56th

it is a total crap shoot pun intended. I got one through my touchpad just a lucky one my second bag in like 7 years.

aobird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aobird

Ah ha ha ha ha!!! My co-workers and I all attempted to acquire the Barrels of Crud at the same time, but I was the only one to emerge victorious!

Thanks Woot, I don't care what anyone says about you, you're all right.

shaunaaltman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shaunaaltman
victorkruger wrote:Google chrome actually trolled me and was preventing me from refreshing when the 503's hit which caused me from not getting one.

A recent update for chrome now has an anti denial of service mechinisim installed for when a website returns 5xx errors and you hit refresh.

For those who experienced this madness go to chrome://net-internals/#httpThrottling to turn this "feature" off.

Thanks! That would have been helpful to know before the Barrels of Crud but I guess I will have the box unchecked for next time.

...just my two cents...Shauna

jzehring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzehring

Yippie!!! Barrels of Crud you have been evading me for quite some time now.. but the wait has been well worth it! I love you Woot!!!

Athrawn17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Athrawn17

Bag of Cuuuuute! ?? I hope it will be a bag of delicious tablet crap!

b2pi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages b2pi
Athrawn17 wrote:Bag of Cuuuuute! ?? I hope it will be a bag of delicious tablet crap!

Or maybe even Soapstone!!!!

• 6 Dec, 2011... My First Bag O' Crap... 'twas crappy
  • 19 Jan, 2012... My second. Better, but still.... Crappy. I nevertheless remain undaunted and hopeful

arp2320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arp2320

I didn't get through. I just kept getting errors. I wonder if the Bag of Cuuuuuute! has their server in it?

Kinam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kinam

Woot! quite literally. After fighting with the buy page coming up, then forgetting to put in my CC's Security code, and fighting with the "all good" button on the following screen... then watched the item change ... figured I'd not get one. Just got the confirmation that my order was placed !! YAY ... this will be Barrels of Crud # 3 for me... not including my bandoleer of carrots tee-shirt I got

*edit*
Please, if there's any god out there ... send me an android tablet of some sort... I wanted to get one so bad for myself, but am currently low on funds ...

* Bag of Cuuuuuute! - 1/19/2012
* Random Crap - 10/28/2009
* Random Crap - 10/23/2008
* Random Crap - 4/9/2008

mjennwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjennwoot

Did Woot have a surplus of "u"s for Cuuuuuteness? I'm not bothered because I'm returning to the land of Cuuuuuteness again!

Loving all the comments about the whiners. It's as if people expected something more from something called crap...

Well, isn't that special...

cvargo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvargo1

:-( the drought continues its been since 5/2009. Why did an employee of mine have an issue come up that required my attention right before this came up!!! WHY WORLD?!?!?! WHY SO CRUEL?!?!?!

Excuse me but I just wooted

ARBDEF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ARBDEF

hmm first time that i have tried in a while and i got one. hopefully i get something better than a Delta airlines flight kit or my favorite 500 calendars from the previous year... Ohh woot you rascall.. Maybe i can get a second woot bucket

danewdk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danewdk
crunchyLadybug wrote:This isn't even fun anymore. You'd think after 5 years you'd at least get one order through. What are the chances we see another on home.woot?....yeah, after 5 years I already know the answer. Zero. Maybe I can score more monkeys.

im with you. i wanted a monkey but my card would not work and i tried another this morning and it worked. i used it just to make sure it would work and still did not get one. this is my 1st woot off. i really want a monkey tho. something for my 1st woof off. i got the tablet water proof bag. maybe that will be good enough for me? Moneys soon please. will they have some monkeys again in this woot off? and will this be over at 12 tonight then?

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

dear woot...

I wanted a Barrels of Crud mainly because I am waay too embarrassed about my last purchase 3 orders of "4” Glow Sticks – Assorted Colors – 24 Count "

I'd like for my most recent purchase to be something I'm proud of...

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

Been here since 2007. Never a bag to my name.

What a crock.

tjotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjotech

I got to the "is this info correct" page 3 times, but could not get to the confirmation page.
As usual, CRAPPY Servers.

For all those who got one, hope they put something in besides dollar store JUNK this time.

codemode

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codemode
shaunaaltman wrote:Thanks! That would have been helpful to know before the Barrels of Crud but I guess I will have the box unchecked for next time.

Any of the 3 times I've gotten a Barrels of Crud it wasn't because I hit refresh even once - it's because I got in like an ninja and hit the gold buy button before I got any kind of error screen.

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

Yay! I got one - hoping for a pony - I actually have a place to keep one!

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
micht1986 wrote:Grr 503'd out of this one. Snapped my streak. A coworker happened to ask me a question just as it came on

You should have told your cow-orker to wait...

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

ehs5mw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehs5mw

It is hard to feel bad for people that have 0 woots ever or 3-9. It is especially annoying to read that someone with 3-9 woots ever just got their second, third, etc. bag of you know what. We need fewer people on here that never buy anything except this item.

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble

so annoyed, not only waged a 3 day stand-off of the woot-off, but have been engaged in years of battling woot's servers and have yet to win the war.. what is the point of winning the battles (i.e. check out my order history) when the war will never be won! I am going back to translating "I have a dream" from Portugese because it is way more productive than a bag of fecal matter pipedream

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
elviswind wrote:Derp, knew I should not have gone out to lunch and just waited for Woot! to put up the bacon olive cheeseburger. Oh well, my chicken shwarma and baba ganoush was so delicious and definitely will not provide further disappointment in a couple weeks.

I'm glad you had a good lunch.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ranex

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ranex

I wonder if it will be better since its from a 3 day woot-off, has anyone ever gotten a 3day Barrels of Crud and how does it appear to a a 2day???

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

I was staring at that soapstone griddle when I refreshed and the servers locked up.

That can only mean one thing!

A few F5's later the bag "Want One" appeared - hit it, waited an eternity and got a blank screen. Hit F5 and then got the next screen. Filled in the missing secret code and hit the gold rectangle....

....and then the blank screen.

Hit F5 and got the processing screen...and then blanko.

Hit F5 only to see the next item.

Checked the account.

GOT ONE!

Wonder if this will be more spitball dart boards, bar crawl bingos and nylon duffle bags?

Who knows?
Who cares?
Whoo hoo!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

carpan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan

I'll add my "disappointed that I was away from my computer, talking to my wife on the phone during my lunch, when she tells me the Bag of Cuuuuuute! is on woot, trying to walk her through the ordering process then hanging up on her to try and order it on my blackberry, only to get to the gold button and the Barrels of Crud has sold out, calling her back and her telling me that she didn't get it either" rant.

oh well, better luck next time.

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

pmhawke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmhawke

My first Basket of Chips!!!
Also got my first monkey and calender this Woot off!!!

tehpath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehpath

I've tried for the last year straight, and nothing. Science hates me .

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes
derekjon wrote:not sure who or what an 'aiCache' is but when i find out, im going to murder whoever invented it.

in for one with derekjon

Beetle Breakfast

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
victorkruger wrote:Google chrome actually trolled me and was preventing me from refreshing when the 503's hit which caused me from not getting one.

A recent update for chrome now has an anti denial of service mechinisim installed for when a website returns 5xx errors and you hit refresh.

For those who experienced this madness go to chrome://net-internals/#httpThrottling to turn this "feature" off.

Yeah, I fixed that one for the last monthly (non-Santa) crapfest.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

I wish that woot would post a "behind the scenes" video of what goes on in the office during a woot-off/Bag of Cuuuuuute!.

I envision a bunch of people huddled around a developer's computer as he punches in some SQL to make the Barrels of Crud the next item in the queue. Then they sit back and break out the popcorn to watch all the chaos that ensues.

Insert signature here.

Mutalator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mutalator

*puts on flame resistant jacket*

#18 for me.

*runs*

paulec252

quality posts: 3 Private Messages paulec252

I f5 like the rest of em, and I got one today. First crap in 2 years. It sucks when you don't get one, but come on guys, read the commandments.

latebuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages latebuy

Thanks Woot Gods! Got me a Bag of Cuuuuuute!po while using my wireless netbook

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

I am in for one. Cant wait to see ColonelCrap in action.

There were some great product write-up's in this batch very fine work.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

almostheaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostheaven

almostheaven - I also got the white page but kept refreshing conformation page and IT WORKED. THANKS WOOT. NOW THE WAITING TO SEE WHAT GOODIES COMES MY WAY.

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble
    ehs5mw wrote:It is hard to feel bad for people that have 0 woots ever or 3-9. It is especially annoying to read that someone with 3-9 woots ever just got their second, third, etc. bag of you know what. We need fewer people on here that never buy anything except this item.

I feel the same way.. i have been a faithful wooter for years, always buying crap i think i need.. it's like an addiction.. like any addiction, there is help. Just have to break the habit, so watch out woot, i am going to WA, anyone want to join me?

Tango45

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tango45
    ilovexxmyselfxx wrote:On board with you. 1saleaday, bensoutlet and sites like that aren't as frustrating...

You'll be back next month.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames

Had just finished lunch and did a refresh on the iPhon-- Barrels of Crud full bar! After a brief fumble almost entering my security code in the name field, only a couple refreshes on the last step, get the confirming screen. Impatient, check "My account", not there! Gotta go pick up co-worker's contact lenses. By the time he gets back, it's in my order history.

2nd ever bag. 1st one got through while in a dentist's chair. This one went much smoother.

Gave most of the 1st back as Christmas gifts to nieces, including the bag itself. Kept the Honey Do list and watches.

I think this time I won't obsessively check the forum every day so that it remains a surprise.

spareshan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spareshan

Finally, finally! Scored bag #2. Yay!

jasonwilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwilk

I hit the stupidly large button, but didn't get a confirmation e-mail. Has everyone got a confirmation e-mail yet?