WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Nothing's more important than family. Not speeding cars, not acid-spitting aliens, not spaceships with a ridiculous number of guns attached to the front, not anything. That's why you don't see any of that stuff we just listed in All That Matters. Instead, you'll see this:

walter

Walter's a nice fella who looks like the dude on the Pringles' can, and he's a traditional kind of guy. Throughout the course of the game, he's looking to reconnect with his family. You've got to roll Walter and his clan around the various levels, solving puzzles and picking up hearts. The more hearts they get, the more levels you unlock.

everyone

Walter's also got a son, a baby, a wife and a crazy dad, all of whom roll differently. Sometimes you've got to save only one of them to complete a level. Sometimes you've got to save a few. Things get a little simpler once you're used to jumping with the up arrow instead of the more-traditional spacebar. But other than that, All That Matters is just challenging enough to be fun. Until you hit this level right here:

familyb

From there on, the levels get hard and stay hard. But if you get stuck, don't worry! Fail three times in a row and the game will invite you to skip ahead and struggle out the stragglers later.

badges

If you're really serious about this game you'll find a wall of badges you can collect while you push for greater success, plus three bonus levels to unlock just for fun. If you try to 100% everything, All That Matters is pretty doggone challenging. But if you just want to kill some time at your desk and roll a family back together, All That Matters should prove a nice time-waster for a Friday afternoon. Tip for office types: hit mute before you click through, because you can't turn off the sound until after the opening credits.

Quality Posts

• (8:30 PM, 2/5/2012) skippykj had fun
  • (9:38 PM, 2/8/2012) zaidwise did too

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I see you didn't watch the whole intro as you don't have that badge. I don't know why but I tend to watch the entire intro on a 1st play of nearly every game.

Thanks to introducing me to a fun little game.

zaidwise

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaidwise

That was a pretty cool game. I finished it up with 74 hearts, about to go back and grab that 75th. Thanks for bringing a new game each week dude, much appreciated.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

zaidwise wrote:That was a pretty cool game. I finished it up with 74 hearts, about to go back and grab that 75th. Thanks for bringing a new game each week dude, much appreciated.

Hearing that actually means a lot to me. My workload's been huge lately so I have to do a lot of the playthroughs after hours, and I admit, it can be frustrating to see one comment and a bunch of Twitter complaints about how I suck. I work online so I can't be too thin-skinned, but it's really nice to know some people are quietly having fun with the game posts.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.