jasong21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasong21

Ok so...

Who cares that it's only WIFI ready. Connecting through ethernet has been very easy and stable for me plus if you decide to move your wireless router to wherever you keep this no big deal.

Know that Netflix is buying Blockbuster and Blockbuster on-demand is no longer supporting streaming on Samsung Blu-Ray players by the end of March. So, you won't get that if you're expecting it. Besides connection to their servers has been spotty at best while connecting to Netflix has never had a problem.

$64.99 for a blu-ray player today is probably pretty good. Come christmas they will all be $30 though...

I enjoy mine.

bulfroggie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bulfroggie

East Coast myself here, giving it maybe one more then I gotta crash - disappointing :-(

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

Must control...urge to sleep. No Barrels of Crud for me? Bad W00T, bad!

Kellyoh1415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kellyoh1415
gina3graces wrote:funniest written thing evah!!!!!!!!

Had to link you to the only (poor) image I could find...

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/q4QV4o_Qq2c/1.jpg

tsfisch

quality posts: 37 Private Messages tsfisch
jasong21 wrote:Ok so...

Who cares that it's only WIFI ready. Connecting through ethernet has been very easy and stable for me plus if you decide to move your wireless router to wherever you keep this no big deal.

Know that Netflix is buying Blockbuster and Blockbuster on-demand is no longer supporting streaming on Samsung Blu-Ray players by the end of March. So, you won't get that if you're expecting it. Besides connection to their servers has been spotty at best while connecting to Netflix has never had a problem.

$64.99 for a blu-ray player today is probably pretty good. Come christmas they will all be $30 though...

I enjoy mine.

If you have ethernet at your AV rack, there's no need for Wi-fi. Those of us without a handy ethernet connection there can't just move our wi-fi routers...

vegassmitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegassmitty

This is an older model and the wireless unit will cost you $50!

sksen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sksen

Shouldn't there be a new regular Woot now?

pitagurl16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitagurl16
bulfroggie wrote:East Coast myself here, giving it maybe one more then I gotta crash - disappointing :-(

I feel your pain...also crashing.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Because this woot off needs some lolcataction.

bjfolks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjfolks
sksen wrote:Shouldn't there be a new regular Woot now?

No, this is day 2 of a woot off!

darkomandic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkomandic

Damn, come to think, i have samsung wireless dongle which I don't use, will sell it tomorow on big auction site. There will probably be wooters buying these things tomorow.

Kellyoh1415

bluejester wrote:

Because this woot off needs some lolcataction.

Yesssssss, call me old school but I was actually missing lasercats and donotwant*

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces
Kellyoh1415 wrote:Had to link you to the only (poor) image I could find...

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/q4QV4o_Qq2c/1.jpg

Going to look now, brb

pitagurl16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitagurl16

Someone earlier said the famous Barrels of Crud was this morning...anyone know?

bjfolks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjfolks
pitagurl16 wrote:Someone earlier said the famous Barrels of Crud was this morning...anyone know?

Negative..probably later today..

Kellyoh1415

Oh, I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

sksen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sksen

I suppose "everyone" needs a Blu-Ray player... if you don't have one, any one'll do.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

What? There's no WiFi in Montana??

pickypickypicky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pickypickypicky
CowboyDann wrote:Where the heck is @pickypickypicky?? I know you need one of these!

I'm right here! I am so tempted, but hubs is getting one as a TY from work.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
pickypickypicky wrote:I'm right here! I am so tempted, but hubs is getting one as a TY from work.

Ah! So close, It's gone now anyways :c

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

Another strategy you can take is to say you want a $60 Blu-Ray player and not worry about the the Internet connectivity of this player, instead saying you'd rather witness the power of a fully operational Roku box, which has more choices and long-term reliability than any one brand of TV/player.

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
brucedoesbms wrote:"Wi-Fi Ready" does not mean "built-in" -- you will need a proprietary Samsung Wi-Fi adapter for around $50 to get you up and going on proprietary-only applications -- this unit will NOT allow you to surf the web -- unless, of course, you have the proprietary Samsung HDTV that will allow such a connection...

I will defend in saying that you don't HAVE to use the samsung proprietary wifi adapter, people have had success with rosewill adapters in samsung units (not specifically this unit, but in their TVs which I believe use the same.

that being said, even with this deal, you're looking at $100 for a wifi capable blu-ray player, might as well step up to one that can stream media

fxfuji

quality posts: 19 Private Messages fxfuji
lschedler wrote:Bought this several woots ago, and have been VERY happy with it. Not only does it give great quality, much better than our other Blu-ray player, but it made friends with our Samsung TV. They just understand one another in a way I didn't expect...

On one level, this sounds very sweet, but my dark cynical side thinks it could be a little incestuous and rather creepy.

darkomandic

zikzak wrote:Another strategy you can take is to say you want a $60 Blu-Ray player and not worry about the the Internet connectivity of this player, instead saying you'd rather witness the power of a fully operational Roku box, which has more choices and long-term reliability than any one brand of TV/player.

darkomandic

darkomandic wrote:

Right but if you wonna do blue ray live, you need internet ready BD player

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
LTU99 wrote:Don't know where you saw that, but I got this exact model from sellout.woot a while back & it most definitely does stream Netflix.

Also connects to NAS media devices on your network & will play a variety of files from there (including .avi). The interface is a bit slow, but for 60 bucks, it is a pretty good deal.

EDIT:
I now realize that was probably a UK only issue since reviews on amazon for the d5300 talk about netflix streaming.

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms
darkmagician1184 wrote:I will defend in saying that you don't HAVE to use the samsung proprietary wifi adapter, people have had success with rosewill adapters in samsung units (not specifically this unit, but in their TVs which I believe use the same.

that being said, even with this deal, you're looking at $100 for a wifi capable blu-ray player, might as well step up to "one" that can stream media

All I can say is to please try it... and get back to me about how that works out for you...as for your one don't forget to include the $8.50 shipping AND the $9.99 for a 1 year extended warranty on the unspecified seller or manufacturer warranty... NOT a good deal, in my most humble of unadulterated and unsolicited opinions...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "