Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

If you've ever wanted to look just like the vapid, gluttonous elite of a dystopian dictatorship that forces its children to murder each other both for mass entertainment and as a means of social control, you're in luck!

No, the Hunger Games Capital Colours nail polish collection isn't something from SNL: it's all too real. China Glaze, the company behind it, seems to have missed that the whole "Capitol look" was supposed to signify the corruption of the elite's souls, and not their kicky fashion sense. Then again, maybe "monstrous, inhuman idiot" is the new look for 2012. I've never been accused of fashion-forwardness. 

I can't imagine a better look for There Will Be Blood Night at Brunswick Lanes, or hitting the links with the Funny Games golf-club collection. How about you?

(And if you want to talk about The Hunger Games, we've got a hopping discussion going on in our forums right now...)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

There's even an official Tumblr dedicated to "Capitol Couture".

I'm just hanging out, really.

DaLemming

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaLemming

On one hand, this seems to miss the point?

OTOH, you get a lot more Vaders, Storm Troopers and bounty hunters at cons than you get Lukes, rebel troops or ewoks.

OTGH, nail polish? Really?

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu

ironic isn't it? I think that the movie made the capital folks look too pretty...where were the people with dyed skin and tatoos all over their faces??

cheezybeez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheezybeez

Similar sentiments with The Lorax and how it was marketed like disposable Popcorn bags, advertising an SUV to school kids, slapping "Lorax/Truffula tree approved/friendly" labels on cleaning products...