4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Streak 7" Tablet (Wi-Fi+3G/4G)
$249.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jaych0i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaych0i

eww.. this thing is soo 2 years ago..

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall

Are you required to get a T Mobile account to purchase?

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

For some reason, I'm craving Ice Cream . . . Anyone else out there . . .

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

Amazing how cheap these tablets are getting. Here's a review hope you find it helpful.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

If you don't like watching your reviews here is long read from engadget.

Be sure to check out the battery life. It seemed to score the worst.

desynergy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages desynergy

I was interested till I saw T-Mobile. If it was Verizon or Sprint, I would of had my order in already.

ChillN666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChillN666

There is no such thing as a "Hilton Express".

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

When this product was first introduced, it did not help the product's image that the Dell suit giving a demo claimed one of its advantages was that he could put it into the "pocket protector" pocket in his button-down shirt.

But now, with the success of phablets like the Galaxy Note, maybe the time for the Streak has finally come?

bradhanson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradhanson

Wifi-only version on

http://deals.woot.com/sellout

for $50 less if you don't plan on getting a data plan.

bebopblues

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bebopblues

Woot fail. The new Samsung 7" galaxy tab 2 is for the same price, its not 3G, but it comes with ICS.

lalian

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lalian

This thing won't ever officially get Ice Cream Sandwich, which is sad.

Link -> http://www.streaksmart.com/2011/12/its-official-no-official-ice-cream-sandwich-update-coming-for-dell-streak-7.html

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Learn how to upgrade it to Ice Cream Sandwich at tabletroms.com. (Still in Beta, Camera, 3G/4G radios not working yet).

notaguru

quality posts: 5 Private Messages notaguru

I've had both the 5" and 7" Streak tablets, and both were excellent.

The major drawback of the 7" is the 480x800 resolution, which might seem to be adequate until you compare it to the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc., which is often available (refurb) for only a little more money.

If the resolution isn't an issue, this is a fine product in all other respects.

Bouquet of Cauliflower is like Bigfoot

Sontiago

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago

1saleaday has this for 179 and is WILL get ICS....
Acer ICONIA TAB A Series VanGogh 7" Android Tablet w/ 8GB Storage, 1GB RAM & nVidia GeForce Graphics!

Jago3825

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jago3825

using mine right now. Over a year old and works like a charm. Nice little unit. Fits in cargo pants pocket but is still big enough to use as my e-reader. Bought a kindle fire thinking I was going to upgrade my e-reader. It wasn't an upgrade at all. Back to my trusty Streak 7.

desynergy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages desynergy
lalian wrote:This thing won't ever officially get Ice Cream Sandwich, which is sad.

Link -> http://www.streaksmart.com/2011/12/its-official-no-official-ice-cream-sandwich-update-coming-for-dell-streak-7.html

Officially, no. But there's already 2 or 3 ROMs available for it.

Linked from the bottom of your link.

http://www.streaksmart.com/2012/01/dell-streak-7-ice-cream-sandwich-rom-released.html

evapor8ed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evapor8ed

I received this tablet as a surprise Christmas gift this past year, and I would not purchase this product on my own. I have had nothing but issues with it since day one. It has never completely died on me, but it locks up on an almost daily basis. I am constantly having to hard reset the thing. I have no experience with any other tablet, so maybe this is standard, or maybe I have a lemon. Either way, you have been warned!

Also the 3g is a joke. Drove from Texas to Denver and not once did the 3g work until we were early in denver.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

I have T-mobile and I just want to let everyone know, THEY SUCK. I have NO service in my home, the customer service is a joke,the phones are over priced and out dated. I'm stuck like chuck until 11/12/13 I would stay far away from T-mobile

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Here's the link to the ICS ROM. Note it's NOT OFFICIAL and you do it at your own risk!

3G/4G radio is not working yet
Camera is not working yet
Some lag.

Might be better for the WiFi only version for now if you want to use the data plan, or wait for the 3G/4G radio to be fixed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1443454

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

perceptual

quality posts: 2 Private Messages perceptual

I'm typing from one of these guys right noa. It runs fairly well for the price,just don't expect stellar graphics. I did have a few problems with the tablet randomly shutting off, then refusing to charge, and sometimes wouldn't turn on at all. It seems to be working fine now.

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

Awful, awful, awful. The only nice thing that can be said about it is that it takes full format SD cards instead of the microSD as most tablets.
Other than that, this is the worst product ever and $250 for it is no bargain.
1) Inadequate screen resolution (800x480)
2) lousy viewing angles
3) Miserable battery life. In my experience, setting it to the most energy-efficient mode still won't get you 24 hours in stand-by!
4) T-mobile fake 4G (it's really 3G+) has lousy coverage and is expensive
5) Lousy performance. Despite its low resolution and much praised Tegra 2 processor, it's really, really sluggish.

I guarantee you'll be happier with a $130 refurb Nook Color. I know I am.

evapor8ed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evapor8ed
perceptual wrote:I'm typing from one of these guys right noa. It runs fairly well for the price,just don't expect stellar graphics. I did have a few problems with the tablet randomly shutting off, then refusing to charge, and sometimes wouldn't turn on at all. It seems to be working fine now.

I have all of those issues at least once a week with mine. I have started just not using it as much.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Amazon reviews are averaging about 3 stars. That's decent. I'm sure this thing gets the job done. Might as well give it a shot.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall
evapor8ed wrote:
Also the 3g is a joke. Drove from Texas to Denver and not once did the 3g work until we were early in denver.

Pretty much what I was looking for.

codefish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish

I've had quite a bit of experience with this device.

Pros: dual-core processor and 4g (hspa+) connectivity is hard to come by in this price range; the design is someone ergonomic when used in landscape mode; sd card support (full size, not micro); front facing camera for skype

Cons: display is low-resolution, quite dim, and overall pretty terrible. the device launched with Android 2.2 and it shows (with it's horribly unresponsive physical buttons). also a fairly large proportion of these bricked after a few months, when compared with the competition. the kindle is likely the better choice if WiFi alone will suffice for you.

My source? I've sold, repaired and otherwise supported these devices and other tablets for the last 3 years.

mjc05

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjc05

Is it a full size SD card slot? Why don't they have that on more tablets?

Anyone think this could handle avchd video from a DSLR or camcorder?

Seems like a nice little road tablet for those of us who cant afford an ipad.

chikengirl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chikengirl2

Had one of these and had to send it back 4 times. Just stopped working. Would NEVER get one again. My faith in Dell has been severly damaged! I tried to get a refund but they wouldn't budge so I sucked up my losses and bought another brand altogether.

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan

What does a T-Mobile data plan cost any how?

bsitmaom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsitmaom

Do not buy this device. You will regret it. Dell gave up on the US market. The display on this is reason enough to avoid. $250 for this is not a good value.

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell

I just picked one of these up directly from Dell when it was on the front page of Slick Deals for $135. It also came with 2 $30 prepaid codes... so this is no where near a deal...

Just an FYI, I thought I could pop my Tmobile sim in it and use my phone's data plan but that is not the case, you need to use a sim that is activated for tablets on Tmobile.

phlypp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phlypp

No HDMI port, therefore, no
Netfilix/hulu/etc. controller functionality. May not be of interest to others but one of my primary uses.

Be Here Now!

jrstinkfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrstinkfish

The viewing angles on this thing are really bad, like Viewsonic g-Tablet bad. Otherwise, it was a good tablet for the few days I owned it (I bought it used to compare it to the far more superior 3G Galaxy Tab 7-incher while deciding on a 7" tablet for m'lady). But the screen just killed it for me -- catch it at the slightest angle, and everything melts into a psychedelic mishmash of color. Good if you're high, bad if you're sober.

scottyb1025

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottyb1025

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Streak-7-STREAK7-16GRAY-7-1GHz-16GB-Android-3.0-Honeycomb-OS-Gray/19243406

leithmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leithmaria
jseureau wrote:I have T-mobile and I just want to let everyone know, THEY SUCK. I have NO service in my home, the customer service is a joke,the phones are over priced and out dated. I'm stuck like chuck until 11/12/13 I would stay far away from T-mobile

I have had 0 issues with T-Mobile! In fact, they've been a dream. In my apartment (in NYC no less) my roommates who have AT&T don't get service but I do.
Anytime I've had any problems with my phone or plan they've been incredibly helpful (they even gave me a new phone for free when one of my keys stopped working after I dropped some St. Patrick's day punch on my poor old blackberry). My brother and I were supposed to get a family plan together but he went with Verizon without talking to me and I'd take T-Mobile over their crap any day (but I do think a lot of it is about where you're living/what you can afford).

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228
cowboyesfan wrote:What does a T-Mobile data plan cost any how?

Here you go: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/mobile-broadband-plans.aspx

For me, though, I'd rather spend less, and get a Kindle Fire rather than this. I can use my Android phone's hotspot to get internet everywhere. I just don't see the value of paying an extra bill. And the Fire is only $199 shipped.

For a full tablet, since I run a company that develops Android apps specifically for tablets (and we have quite a few over here), I'd recommend the Asus Transformer, the first one or the recent one. Even the original Transformer has received the Ice Cream Sandwich update and runs like a charm. The build-quality is on par with the iPad and it's even my developers' tablet of choice (I give them all one tablet of their choice as a Christmas gift last year). The original Transformer's price has dropped to around $350, and it comes with a brilliant IPS-based screen, which is simply glorious and wouldn't have the sad viewing angle the Archos suffers.

bdeeley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdeeley

What a piece of junk. The battery lasts about 1/2 hour, all kinds of screen issues and Dell stands behind nothing. Woot should be ashamed of themselves for offering this turd to the community.

deibs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deibs

i had the wifi only version of this tab....was stable, but the killer issue is the battery life. the battery life is miserable. it was on the charger all the time.

willjammer