DeFlanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeFlanko
ockey53 wrote:

This is great! Love it!
Few spelling errors, if fixed, it would win (I'd hope).
- 2nd place: "receiving"
- The monkey "prize"

But still awesome! gj!

ok i fixed them....thanks for that.. i kinda wrote it on the whim

Quailmann7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quailmann7

Oh, terrific! Another photo-oriented Friday product! Now, all we need is Quailmann7 to log on, read this contest, and post ANYTHING (including today's product of course). That's right Quailmann7 today is your lucky day! You haven't won a contest in quite some time, so we figured we'd throw you the proverbial bone. Afterall, what good is this printer/camera combo if not to gnaw on.

Don't forget POST ANYTHING. You've got an extra couple of days this time around, in honor of you being so awesome. Anyway... don't expect us to post the announcement of your unforeseeable win until Wednesday, July 5, cause we're major slackers and dont' have to work like you do. Oh, and thanks for being you.

Post your entry here by by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, July 4, 2006... other than that all the other rules have been thrown right out the window... so feel free to just do whatever you want, you can't lose.

Past money winners: Quailmann7, since you've been in the money before, we figure you'll probably nominate yourself again, so we'll just put that in for you and save you the trouble... just make sure to post something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENTRY: WOOT!.... sweet... thanks for this awesome opportunity!

The chop is pretty weak, but I've got no competition!
Nobody can stop me now!!! Not even wonderstew!

Frankenroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenroc
Quailmann7 wrote: Now, all we need is Quailmann7 to log on, read this contest, and post ANYTHING (including today's product of course).

Don't forget POST ANYTHING.

Kinda reminds me of the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy skit where Trebek tells them to "write down anything" and they would win. I believe it was Keanu Reeves who wrote down nothing...

And the LORD said unto the chicken: "Go ye forth, and cross the road". And the chicken did go forth to cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.

Jimockious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimockious

Theme: Capture the best Pokemon picture in the NEW Pokemon Snap 2 Lexmark Vivitar Edition

With this new and innovative Game I was able to take a Screenshot of me using the actual 5MB camera taking a picture of a RARE! Pokemon below:

I was then able to print out a supurb quality of this RARE SNORLAX Pokemon and my trusty 5mb camera ..Yes, I won this contest thanks to this wonderful Combo!

Thanks Woot.com!

Sources:
http://www.gamerankings.com/screens3/1031/1.jpg
http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/996841226-00.jpg
http://www.gamerankings.com/screens3/1031/25t.jpg

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

This weeks contest? You losers complain about how much you have no use for our products. Here's your chance to take that one step further.
Present an image of Firday's woot with someone who couldn't make any use of it whatsoever.

office
Ray
Stevie (he's in the photo, trust me)
photo background

Jimockious

wouldnt let me put all my pics in same post? anyone knwo how?

McGuffy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages McGuffy
Jason Toon wrote:Camera, Printer, Printer, Camera... How did we grow apart? Technology should make things easier, not more complex. Where is the simplicity? Why, in this modern age, do we need so many pieces of equipment and countless cables to create a photo that even grandma can view? This is not progress...

SHOW US HOW THINGS SHOULD BE; EASY AND SIMPLE - UNLIKE THE ACTUAL THEME OF THIS CONTEST!

Like a modern day Polaroid, only bigger, clunkier, slower, and more expensive. Ain't technology grand???

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

I like it, 'Guff.. good idea.

FodderFigure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FodderFigure

Show todays woot product in a fun situation.

Duneland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duneland
wizard7926 wrote:I like it, 'Guff.. good idea.

Yes, but very awkward to use I would think.

hm141

Jimockious

With Technology Advancing theres not telling what these electronic devices may be able to do....

Contest Theme: Discover the TRUTH behind Woot! Printers

source:
http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/Lexmark_Photo_Printer_w-2f_Vivitar_5MP_Digital_Camera_Bundle6O2-standard.jpg

Lord Melvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lord Melvin

Theme: Depict the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle without copying and pasting the photo from Woot!'s front page.

Source:
Um, Times New Roman?

Arfinfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arfinfall

Love this!

McGuffy

Jason Toon wrote:blahblahblahblah NON-SEXUAL blahblahblahblah

Show what a "Borderless Photo" should really look like...

blahblahblah...

Note: I'm struggling with a decent theme for this, uh, theme? And by the looks of the entries thus far, I'm not alone...

MegomanJess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MegomanJess

Theme: Bad Transformer Idea

Source other than woot.com

wizard7926

Lord Melvin wrote:Source:
Um, Times New Roman?

Courier. Sorry.. font geek.

bzltyrfn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzltyrfn

Contest: Turn this bundle into a Transforming Robot.

Transforming Camera and Printer Mega-Bot? Always a good idea!

100% original hand (mouse) drawn goodness.

McGuffy

Jason Toon wrote:Why does everything have to be made out of shiny silver plastic? Cellphones, cameras, the necklace I gave my girlfriend for her birthday. We're not gonna take it anymore!

Show us what one of our bundled products could be made out of to make it even cooler than it already is, if that's possible.

As usual, blahblahblah

The new Ice, Wood, and Stone versions. Ice version not available in Florida.

Dangit, I forgot to fix the flash on the stone one. Gotta take the wife to dinner, I'll fix it later...

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

Clique to enlarge.

Shaving.

McGuffy

Note to self - Contest Idea for later: Render the Vivitar Camera and Lexmark Printer in a 13-dimensional Calabi Yau space, paying close attention to all applicable tensors and accurately portraying the differential geometry.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio

A 5MP digital camera with a photo printer for $79.99? This is a huge deal. Show us how huge it really is.

Lexilla vs. Vivothra

godzilla scene
alternate printer photo

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

McGuff? Did you leave? PM.

McGuffy

Jason Toon wrote:Stewardship is lost on this generation.
Back in my day we kept things forever. I still have my original IBM PC with 8086 processor. In fact, woot.com runs on it.

Sure our Vivitar cameras are nice and new and clean, but it doesn't mean they'll always be that way, you neglectful bastards. You know darn well you're gonna play with it for 2 or 3 days then leave it outside in the rain just like you did with the puppy we got you last year.

Show us what will happen to either product when you leave it outside, forgotten, for months.

Your entry shouldn't suck. And find your own damn host for it.

Cool theme JT! I call this entry RUST, as if these China-made pieces of shipwreck would ever actually be made out of something more durable than recycled toilet paper holders.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Jason Toon wrote:

Incorporate the Friday Woot Items into a Bucket.

yada yada yada. Don't post an image wider than 450 pixels.

That's what we told you last Friday, before President Bush resigned, before Vice President Cheney's heart attack and the chilling sight of his liefeless body's repeated defibrillator shocks, before Wonderstew broke down in a tearful confession, before the Canadian government invaded Greenland, before Oprah declared herself Queen and ruler of the North American Continent.

Since Queen Oprah has demanded tht we all return to a normal life until she declares otherwise, here, now are your contest 79 winners. Don't ask what currency we will be paying with. we don't know, dammit. whimper. sob.

First Prize - $100
Josephus' Bucket O' Printer

A bit surreal, isn't it? maybe not, considering this weekend.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

"There's a seat for every ass and ass for every seat." Most certainly, everyone who has been living amongst the rest of us for the past five years must already have a photo printer and digital camera, yet there seem to be some holdouts...otherwise, why would manufacturers continue to produce and distribute the mediocre? Your challenge this week:

Target market a specific demographic to increase sales of the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle.

Post your entry here by by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, July 4, 2006. Prizes are $200/$500/$1000 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of octogenarians can and will make stuff up as their minds wander off. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, Spirograph, iron-on transfers, BINGO daubers whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 450px. If you need a place to host your pictures try www.imageshack.us. It's free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images.

kosmosdeli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kosmosdeli

BEST SUMMER USE

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Jackson Toon wrote:

Thanks to the alignment of the planets and the juxtaposition of the stars with each other, we have had two, count 'em, two Friday Photographic Woots in a row. I am runnin' on empty, running blind. Accordingly, your task this week, running into the sun, is to incorporate the Lexmark printer and Vivitar 5 megapixel camera bundle into a board game of some sort. and, just for the hell of it, also incorporate as many Woot.com related words as well. throw in a couple of mystery terms that only the most prolific and most win-producing Photochopping welder will recognize.

and do all that stuff we always ask you to- you know, the Photobucket, the Imageshack, the pen and ink , the sharing of the source images (unless it is painfully obvious that you made the picture yourself), the getting it done by Monday midnight central- oh , but due to the holiday that occurs on Tuesday, we won't ask for the entries until Tuesday midnight this week. Just for the halibut.

First Prize - $100
Josephus' Scrabble Deluxe

Josephus showed us more than we ever wanted of his tedious nature with this entry, but the clever, wonderstew-like transparent displacement of the Rust-bucket Bingo from his letter holder to the board was sheer genius!
check out his link to the full size image to appreciate the wonder of this entry.

In the interest of completeness, Josephus did point out that the original was a photo he took, after filling the scrabble board in a vicious game with his wife. All words are acceptable scrabble words, with the exception of fedex and woot. Sorry Bug.

wizard7926

Frankenroc wrote:

Wouldn't Mario rather have an endless supply of 1-up mushrooms (green) rather than super mushrooms (red)?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I give up, McGuffy has first second and third already taken....

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:

First Prize - $100
Josephus' Scrabble Deluxe

Josephus showed us more than we ever wanted of his tedious nature with this entry, but the clever, wonderstew-like transparent displacement of the Rust-bucket Bingo from his letter holder to the board was sheer genius!
check out his link to the full size image to appreciate the wonder of this entry.

In the interest of completeness, Josephus did point out that the original was a photo he took, after filling the scrabble board in a vicious game with his wife. All words are acceptable scrabble words, with the exception of fedex and woot. Sorry Bug.

Hold it McGuffy, I didn't see this one! It has my name in it! YAY, I feel so special!

Still single, can't imagine why.

ams2d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ams2d

Theme:
Add x-ray capability to the camera and show what it finds

Yeah I know the output isn't too clear ... was taken after the Woot Christmas party.

digitalecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalecho

Well, you've just purchased your first digital camera, so now the in-laws can stop complaining about the lack of pictures of your happy little offspring. The problem is, you've spent all of this money, now how are you going to keep the sticky ice-cream coated, gummy bear stained fingers off of your new things?

Your goal is to show us a children's themed image of something that will help you get the point across to the rugrats: Hands off the Lexmark printer/Vivitar Camera bundle!
------------------------------------------------
The Entry: "Something is Growling Under Your Bed" - exerpt of a book by DigitalEcho.

Source: Hand drawn images
(in progress drawing found here)
Starring "Tar" the CameraMonster, and "Exmar" the PrinterMonster

2nd (x6), 3rd (x2), HM (x4), CCC (x1)... still in need of a top chop!

Bosko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bosko

THEME:
Show the Lexmark/Vivitar photo bundle as props in your favorite Independence Day activity.

:secruos

Other than the photo bundle, all original in Particle Illusions

Sometimes old people just need a change. I wondered what that smell was.

BDFresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDFresh
Caffinehog wrote:

To who? The French?

Touche Very nice, Caffinhog...

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
"Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban."

Why are we quoting a classic movie line? Yes, we know it's our country's birthday... and yes, we know that a lot of people will be celebrating it, too. However, the genius' here at Woot are taking note of another birthday celebration; one that could be, with your help, greater than that of a stupid fireworks display. We are referring to the birthday of a great American, Mel Brooks.

"Would you like to roll in ze hay? Roll, roll, roll..."

No, thank you, not a roll in ze hay today. It's the birthday weekend of Mel "Mr. Awards" Brooks, himself. You know who he is and you either love him or you hate him. Either way your entry for this week's Photoshop contest should be very interesting:

Photoshop a famous scene from that great Mel Brooks hit movie, "Young Frankenstein" and include the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle. Extra points awarded for including Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory assistant, Igor. Points taken away if you make the Printer Bundle his hump. Whatever you do do, make it real, make it good, make it really good.

Post your entry here by by 12:59 AM EST on Wednesday, July 5, 2006. Prizes are $100/$50/$20 for 1st/2nd/3rd. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, Spirograph, iron-on transfers, guitar tablatures, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 550px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try imageshack.ws, photobucket.com, or wootimagehosting.net. We have no connection to the first two, but they seem free and easy to use, especially the last one (phenominal donation required). And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. If you want us to be sure your entry was indeed copied from someone else, post links to the original image. The more sure we are that you did (or did not do) your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize (or permanently ban you from the site).

Dr. Frankenstein: "What a filthy job."
Igor: "Could be worse."
Dr. Frankenstein: "How?"
Igor: "Could be raining."

Past money winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, email your selections (with links to the individual post) to me at jtoon@woot.com by 1:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday.

Past monkey winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, email your selections (with links to the individual post) to me at jtoon@woot.com by 1:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday.

"Put ... the candle ... back..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankenroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenroc
wizard7926 wrote:

Wouldn't Mario rather have an endless supply of 1-up mushrooms (green) rather than super mushrooms (red)?

You have a point...

Theme: If the printer could be used to print out ACTUAL items whose picture was taken with the digital camera, show a celebrity, real or fictional, and what they would "print" out.

Same sources as before

And the LORD said unto the chicken: "Go ye forth, and cross the road". And the chicken did go forth to cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.

DeFlanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeFlanko
Lord Melvin wrote:Theme: Depict the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle without copying and pasting the photo from Woot!'s front page.

Source:
Um, Times New Roman?

now that woudl be interesting to see as a FX on a digital camera... ASCII...

jeffpal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffpal
ejvogie wrote:
Isn't this the indian from Ernest Goes To Camp?

Could be, but I think he was in Wayne's World 2 also.

Don't flaunt it, woot it.

jeffpal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffpal
McGuffy wrote:

Note: I'm struggling with a decent theme for this, uh, theme? And by the looks of the entries thus far, I'm not alone...

Going for a little Escher imagery?

Don't flaunt it, woot it.

digitalecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalecho

Global Warming. Car Emissions. Glaciers Melting. What if we could end all the bad stuff and live wild and free again? Well, let's face it... most of us aren't going to be able to live without our techy toys, late night woot! purchases, and dreams of Blinged-Out Cabbage.

But what if there could be a compromise? This week, show us how the Lexmark printer/Vivitar camera bundle can fit into this impossible dream of an all-natural lifestyle. The more you anger PETA with your ideas, the better!

Source

2nd (x6), 3rd (x2), HM (x4), CCC (x1)... still in need of a top chop!