dblock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dblock

I live in Canada....I want to be a WOOTER!!! Is there an option for Canadians?

jr2150

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jr2150

I have asked this question before. Why can't they ship to Canada? Fedex, UPS, they all cross the border. What gives?

I understand that the goods have to clear Canadian customs but that's not a huge problem.

ukm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ukm

DISCRIMINATION

ITS ABOOT TIME WE GET SOME RESPECT UP HERE

stop boycotting Canada

Kebsis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Kebsis

You can set up a US P.O box, and cross the border to pick up your stuff. I guess. Jeez, it's not like I'm some postal service savant or something.

Or you could perhaps petition for Canada to be made a state.

shazapple

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shazapple

Thats what Ive done (get a PO box in the states that is)

Its only an hour drive for me, and it saves me a lot of time if the package has to sit at customs (and money!) So id rather ship to the states than ship to my house.

Of course, this is no use if you dont live near the border. I think woot should offer shipping to Canada as well.

GadgetsGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GadgetsGuy
shazapple wrote:Thats what Ive done (get a PO box in the states that is)

Its only an hour drive for me, and it saves me a lot of time if the package has to sit at customs (and money!) So id rather ship to the states than ship to my house.

Of course, this is no use if you dont live near the border. I think woot should offer shipping to Canada as well.

I live less than an hour from the border, but still think WOOT needs to have shipping options for Canada, eh?!?

vtech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtech

"You can set up a US P.O box"
How would one do this?

vtech

anyone?

vtech

I want my woot off

dblock

Can someone from Woot.com answer our prayers? They must think our canadian money is no good or something. Shipping costs might be higher, but its always like that for canucks buying on the net or USA. What gives?

vtech

its not fair

hawaiian717

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawaiian717
vtech wrote:"You can set up a US P.O box"
How would one do this?

I would assume you determine which US Post Office is most convenient for you at usps.com then go there and sign up for one.

webdoctors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webdoctors

I enrolled at Cornell University, its only 3 hrs south of the border so I don't have to leave too far from home to get a degree AND be able to woot....
my family misses me but they realize the importance of woot so iz all good...especially when i cross da border and bring home da woot.

dblock

I demand a www.woot.ca put up for canadians. Its just not fair. Us canadians needs are always left in the cold when it comes to online shipping. I am fed up and would like a reason from the admins @ woot.com. Im not angry i would just like a response.

amywhitestripe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amywhitestripe

i have a US po box, however (please correct me if i'm wrong) this means the package must be sent usps in order to be accepted :S

will woot send usps to po boxes automatically? i sure hope so. i just purchased today's woot (my first one) without thinking of this till now.

cdheer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cdheer
amywhitestripe wrote:i have a US po box, however (please correct me if i'm wrong) this means the package must be sent usps in order to be accepted :S

will woot send usps to po boxes automatically? i sure hope so. i just purchased today's woot (my first one) without thinking of this till now.

I don't think they do. (And yes, only USPS delivers to a P.O. box.)

Best bet is to instead get a box at the UPS Store or Postal Annex or something like that. They aren't P.O. boxes and can receive Fedex/UPS/DHL/etc.

Too lazy to keep updating my sig.

jings69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jings69
Kebsis wrote:You can set up a US P.O box, and cross the border to pick up your stuff. I guess. Jeez, it's not like I'm some postal service savant or something.

Lets just build another fence up north...

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
jings69 wrote:

Lets just build another fence up north...

make sure there's plenty of electricity

nimnio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimnio

Yeah, I just signed-up for an account, but then I realized that it's not available to Canadians. Yes, I know you guys secretly hate us, but please sell me your stuff. A P.O. box is a decent idea for those that can, but those are the lucky few.

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
nimnio wrote:Yeah, I just signed-up for an account, but then I realized that it's not available to Canadians. Yes, I know you guys secretly hate us, but please sell me your stuff. A P.O. box is a decent idea for those that can, but those are the lucky few.

Or, you could find someone with one, and ship it there... Then have them re-ship it...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

nimnio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimnio
ircmaxell wrote:Or, you could find someone with one, and ship it there... Then have them re-ship it...

Tack on enough shipping costs and it's not a great deal anymore, which is kind of the point of woot, right?

TinTinDeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TinTinDeo

Man, some of us live in the states and can't use woot!.

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver
nimnio wrote:Yeah, I just signed-up for an account, but then I realized that it's not available to Canadians. Yes, I know you guys secretly hate us, but please sell me your stuff. A P.O. box is a decent idea for those that can, but those are the lucky few.

I'm down with that. Always like to help out a fellow wooter.

Je suis vers le bas avec celui. Toujours comme pour dépanner un wooter de camarade.

Waveman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Waveman

I can guess that woot will never ever ever ship to Canada due to horrible customs forms and shipping issues. I am a Canadian living in Los Angeles and I have learned the only way to get stuff to Canada without long delays and horrible headaches is to use the USPS. UPS and Fed-Ex just rip you a new one with custom fees. I realize this isn't their fault but it still hurts.

allhaileris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allhaileris

...they won't ship to Alaska either, which became the 49'th state in 1959. Nevermind that i can get anything sent up by Fed-Ex, U.P.S., and the U.S. Postal service from anywhere else...i just have to shop and spend money elsewhere. i guess they must not be hurting for business.

codylicous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codylicous

Wouldn't it be great if they had some bright Canadian brethren who wanted to start up a Canadian Woot right here in our home and native land? That way you wouldn't have to worry about cross border shipping. Surely there must be wholesale electronic deals to be found on our shores. I've found some cheap imitators who will ship to Canada but their products are crap that I wouldn't consider a bargain from A Buck Or Two. Woot's got the goods.

mindwarp12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindwarp12

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/circuitbreaker.aspx

Pythong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pythong

Luckily i'm a 45minute ride from the US Border and there is a store that recives parcels. Get it shipped to them and do a little trip to go pick it up. Saves on shipping cost, broker fee's, and shipping time.

Woot! Checkers: Price Comparison Links n More:
http://www.FeeRite.com
http://woot.oryschak.com

Compair Prices on this woot!

akwoolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akwoolf

As I was telling my now-half-Canadian-mother, don't fight for shipping to Canada - fight for WOOT Canada. Woot for Canadians, by Canadians, shipping to Canada only. (With the exception of New Foundland, of course. I was told they don't have computers there, anyway.)

codylicous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codylicous

Hey thanks for the tip, mindwarp. While maybe not dollar store material, I suspect most anything I'd want bad enough from Circuit City will end up at Liquidation World soon enough. Kind of like crap globalization.

Count me in, akwoolf. I'll stand proud and demand, politely, wootCanada. And computers for Newfies.

akwoolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akwoolf
codylicous wrote: Hey thanks for the tip, mindwarp. While maybe not dollar store material, I suspect most anything I'd want bad enough from Circuit City will end up at Liquidation World soon enough. Kind of like crap globalization.

Count me in, akwoolf. I'll stand proud and demand, politely, wootCanada. And computers for Newfies.

:-)

rpower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpower

learn your geography before you display ignorant statements like that - Newfoundland - all one word or is your space key stuck like your brain?

sparkie624

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparkie624
dblock wrote:Can someone from Woot.com answer our prayers? They must think our canadian money is no good or something. Shipping costs might be higher, but its always like that for canucks buying on the net or USA. What gives?

It could be that a few bad apples ruin the entire pot... A friend of mine sent an item (sold on EBAY), and then once the item was shipped, the money got taken back.. Something in the Canadian Laws some where... If a few bad apples spoil the lot for everyone.. I know on my EBAY stuff, I state "No Canadian Sales". I do not know what Woots direct reason is, but this is one possibility.

Woots: ---------------- 89
Sellout Woots --------- 45
Kids Woots ------------ 01
Woot-Offs: ------------ 15
BagOfCRAP: ------------ 03
Screaming Monkeys: ---- 05

scuac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scuac

My wife just got a great job offer in Montreal and we are moving next year. But it just dawned on me that means no more woot!

Well, I'll try to arrange with one of my lab mates here to act as a re-shipper. I'll just send it to him, he can forward it to me.

www.woot.ca sounds like a great idea. Hey woot, I volunteer to start it up in Canada, you could base the operations, from ... I don't know, ... Montreal maybe?

EDIT: Darn! www.woot.ca is already registered by some Mr. Derek Mah in Vancouver, although there is no server running the address.

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower

Or, better yet, you can ship all of your WOOT! to me. I will be crossing over on the 22nd.
I'd do it!!
Sure you can trust me!!
Got any good stuff in those boxes??!
Let's just take a look.

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
Kebsis wrote:You can set up a US P.O box, and cross the border to pick up your stuff. I guess. Jeez, it's not like I'm some postal service savant or something.

You need to check out Shirt.Woot today.

Actually, anyone on this thread would be amused with Shirt.Woot today. The Tee is the first place winner for designing your own holiday.
Have fun

candoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candoo

When will Woot! ship to Canada?? USPS is the best way to ship to Canada. On our side Canada Post only charges $5 for customs fees... obviously we might still have to pay for taxes... but that's life! Woot! needs to let us Canadians in on the deals!

In the meantime I often use FrugalPal
http://www.frugalpal.com - They've got a pretty good 'Deals of the Day' section for us Canadians.

Woot - let us in on the deals! Shipping to Canada is easy. We should be able to buy too!
There's so much potential... SHIP to CANADA Woot!!

twallis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twallis

Hope they come to your neck of the woods soon

superwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwoman

have u guys seen thsi site dipwa.ca? i came across on digg

dananielsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dananielsen

If you live in Vancouver there is a service called TSB Shipping (www.tsbshipping.com) where you just drive across to point roberts, and pick up your order. They email you when it comes in. And its like a $3 service or something like that (for small parcels). I'm about to use it for the first time to get my Sansa clip!!