+ Add a Comment

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

All was quiet on the Woot front yesterday when, normally, Jason would be bugging me about helping think up a contest theme. He'll be back shortly, but until then, I'm on my own here. Or so I thought. Helpfully, some of you all noticed we were themeless and picked out your own, detailing my search for this week's theme. Well, I'm stealing your idea:

Create a movie poster detailing the drama, suspense, adventure and intrigue involved in us thinking up Woot Photoshop contest themes each week.

We'll be judging this based on the title, visual cleverness, Photoshop skills, vaguely believable poster dimensions and content...and likely font-selection, since Jason'll be back. You have through Monday, since I took some of your Friday time.

Post your entry here by 11:59 PM CST on Monday, December 18, 2006. Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, scrimshaw carving, tattoos, ice sculpture, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 450px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Past money winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, Jason will be back next week, so email your selections (with links to the individual post) to Jason Toon at jtoon@woot.com by noon CST on Tuesday.

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching
dave bug wrote:

Woot!

Go gators! Go Hokies!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Dave Bug wrote:

All was quiet on the Woot front yesterday when, normally, Jason would be bugging me about helping think up a contest theme. He'll be back shortly, but until then, I'm on my own here. Or so I thought. Helpfully, some of you all noticed we were themeless and picked out your own, detailing my search for this week's theme. Well, I'm stealing your idea:

Create a movie poster detailing the drama, suspense, adventure and intrigue involved in us thinking up Woot Photoshop contest themes each week.

We'll be judging this based on the title, visual cleverness, Photoshop skills, vaguely believable poster dimensions and content...and likely font-selection, since Jason'll be back. You have through Monday, since I took some of your Friday time.

Post your entry here by 11:59 PM CST on Monday, December 18, 2006. Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, scrimshaw carving, tattoos, ice sculpture, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 450px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Past money winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, Jason will be back next week, so email your selections (with links to the individual post) to Jason Toon at jtoon@woot.com by noon CST on Tuesday.

sweet! I been working on this theme all morning, sort of

Sonan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sonan

Dave, irregardless of the fact that you posted a blank contest, and that the front-page link doesn't work, I'd like to express my gratitude for you taking the time to try to fill in for Jason. ;)

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

buckie74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buckie74

http://www.schaferkennel.com/RF7.jpg
http://www.stuffedark.com/images/chimpmack.jpg
http://www.valuemedicalsupplies.com/blind.jpg

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the theme is listed on the woot blog page.

AdamCahill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdamCahill

What is that scraping sound? It sounds like it is coming from that barrel in the corner.

Turd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turd
Sonan wrote:Dave, irregardless of the fact that you posted a blank contest, and that the front-page link doesn't work, I'd like to express my gratitude for you taking the time to try to fill in for Jason. ;)

heh...irregardless

whatwhatwhat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatwhatwhat

"All was quiet on the Woot front "

This is insulting to all World War I veterans.

LKK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LKK

And the uncensored version

Source

Quailmann7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quailmann7

wow... no real entries yet...
weird.

except joey's i suppose.
that face is crazy creepy though.

iamregin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamregin

Wow, i thought i might get a on a streak after the HM last week. I'm not even sure what to think of this...

Sonan

Turd wrote:

heh...irregardless

It's my most-favoritest word!

Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym

toon
pizza joint

I'm the man from Nantucket!

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

"Create a movie poster detailing the drama, suspense, adventure and intrigue involved in us thinking up Woot Photoshop contest themes each week."

Sonan

whatwhatwhat wrote:"All was quiet on the Woot front "

Could you please explain why? Irregardless, I'm sure no disrespect was intended.

Themeafingman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Themeafingman

Shouldn't it read "If I was looking for a contest theme"

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

heh . . . again with the irregardless!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

websorcerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages websorcerer

Sonan

AZGman wrote:heh . . . again with the irregardless!

In all truthiness, Its use was just an obscurification of my conformative nature.

Sorry... I'm stuck here at work until 8pm EST w/o access to Photoshop! And my MS Paint (rox0rz!) entries always suck.

Granos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Granos

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew
Anthroponym wrote:

Three Blue Men with Noise? Photoshop 7 Down & Dirty Tricks?

Shaving.

Turd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turd
Sonan wrote:
In all truthiness, Its use was just an obscurification of my conformative nature.

Perfectly cromulent after all.

AZGman

Sonan wrote:

Sorry... I'm stuck here at work until 8pm EST w/o access to Photoshop! And my MS Paint (rox0rz!) entries always suck.

Are you related to Norm Crosby?!?!?

Quailen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quailen

AZGman

Granos wrote:chopping woot

<chuckle>

Sonan

AZGman wrote:Are you related to Norm Crosby?!?!?

I believe you are mistaking prescriptivism for malapropism.*

* I would like to thank Wikipedia, without which the majority of my posts would not be possible.

SizzlePumpkinDizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SizzlePumpkinDizzle

sources:

hope it makes you laugh longer than it took me to make it

Solonari

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Solonari
whatwhatwhat wrote:"All was quiet on the Woot front "

Indeed. Should be "Wootstern".

denco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denco

Source and inspiration: "The Thing From Another World!" (Click through)

LandoGriffin25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LandoGriffin25

Indeed. It doesn't insult WWI vets, just Erich Remarque

Anthroponym

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71

T1MBOOO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages T1MBOOO

I have no photoshop skills. I also have no photoshop. But I do have an idea. So if anyone cares to use it, give me, um, money, or pride, or nothing. Whatever.

Dr. Hercules aiming a handful of his own feces at a wall, with the caption, "Will it stick?" ...Oh. And it's written dramatically.

By the way, hello Woot world! I've followed the contests for awhile, and you all crack me up at work.

faithcoaching

Source

Go gators! Go Hokies!

bob777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob777

long hours of nothing in your head.....finally an idea!.....nah!...toss it!

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl

Hello Wooters, I am brand new here, but figured I would give this contest a shot.

Please be gentle.

Oh, and as far as sources go, the image is from a CD of royalty free images that I own.

faithcoaching

dsgnGrl wrote:Hello Wooters, I am brand new here, but figured I would give this contest a shot.

Please be gentle.

Oh, and as far as sources go, the image is from a CD of royalty free images that I own.

Welcome and well done.

Go gators! Go Hokies!

Anthroponym

faithcoaching wrote:

Welcome and well done.

I'll say... are you sure you're new at this?