ddeaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddeaux

Got my Boggy Old Creature today, no letter, very excited about whats inside, have to run out so will post items and pictures later tonight.

thank you woot

StudsMcgee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StudsMcgee

Plugged my hard drive in last night to check out what was on it....only to hear a loud whirring sound. Percussive maintenance fixed the issue, though it did not boot with the drive being recognized. Will need to grab an external adapter and check it out further.

Anyone else check out their hard drive?

jdf11186

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdf11186

"I'm.. dreaming of a crappy.. Christmas
Just like the ones I do not know.
Where the woot lights glisten,
And wooters listen
To hear a postman in the snow.
I'm.. dreaming of a crappy.. Christmas
With every forum post I write.
May your bags be merry and bright.
And may all your Christmases be scaffolding."

Here's to hoping everyone's Busted Oil Can provides some holiday joy in one way or another.

kevinict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinict

Third Boggy Old Creature... Dimensions:13.4 Lbs. 15.6 cubed

3x Victory Wax (paint sealant)
1x American Tourist "Journey" photo bag
12x Flying Aces (two complete sets that were in the own individual woot boxes)
and....
1x Hammacher Schlemmer Digital Photo Converter

Thanks Woot! Other folks in the office already have paid for the baby of the cosmos by purchasing some of the planes for stocking stuffers. All-in-all, nice haul with almost everything already spoken for or targeted for gifts.

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
LEM- wrote:Either way is WRONG!. The new sales start at 12:00 Central Time sharp! Not at 12:01. And if anyone wants to argue that the single minute isn't important.... Well... Good luck catching the midnight BоC then! You'd be screwed if you're 10 seconds late, leave alone a minute!

I agree -horrible article, I don't think it will bring much more competition to the crаps. Especially if they try to get it at 12:01.

Shut up, man!

I planted that article so all of us faithful who can read, would have a minute head start. Quit giving away my secrets.

GuardianBob

Well, I plead my case to the court, imploring them to open their hearts and send me one more item and a bag.

Again, I waited nervously with baited breath for the response. The agony of waiting and the uncertainty of response. Then the sentence came down.

Thou shall have the remaining items shipped to you.

Woot always takes care of their customers, and for that I'm thankful. (Even if they are blacklisted as a trouble maker, which I'm sure I am.) ;-D

Edit:
Also, let me say, since I did request one more item and a bag, I don't expect anything more than a zip lock bag containing the dead pine needles from the Woot Holiday Tree, shipped via USPS (as a letter). And still, that seems a little much to hope for.

loftongal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loftongal

Bob's comment has me thinking. Does the woot staff know which wooter is getting what when they pack their boxes? Or are the Boggy Old Creature's addressed by someone else or after they are all taped up? Or is that one of the many mysteries we'll never know? Just curious that's all.

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob
nycesq wrote:Hmm, my first bag.

Zune 30gb (works)

Small camera case

2 Star Trek figures

Pink Panther DVD's

2 wallet size digital photo things

Sansa e260 4gb (busted)

120 gb hard drive (busted)

300 gb hard drive (busted)

Not worth all the time and effort at all... not even for bragging rights.

http://www.google.com/products?q=30g+zune&aq=f

I'd take a $100 piece of equipment for $8. That doesn't even count the other stuff.

By the way, my 40G and 120G hard drives are picked up in BIOS but not in Windows. I'm going to format them tonight and mess around to see if I can get them to work.

Still wondering if anyone has some model plane things they don't want... :D

GuardianBob

loftongal wrote:Bob's comment has me thinking. Does the woot staff know which wooter is getting what when they pack their boxes? Or are the Boggy Old Creature's addressed by someone else or after they are all taped up? Or is that one of the many mysteries we'll never know? Just curious that's all.

Well, the only pattern I've seen of late, is if it is coming FedEx either it is going to be really good or really bad. Smart Post, well that's a middle of the road bag.

MauLRaT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MauLRaT
loftongal wrote:Bob's comment has me thinking. Does the woot staff know which wooter is getting what when they pack their boxes? Or are the Boggy Old Creature's addressed by someone else or after they are all taped up? Or is that one of the many mysteries we'll never know? Just curious that's all.

I would like to think they are packaged by one group, then sent through a shipment line at any random order. So not even the staff would know what goes where. But, on the other hand, you have different fingers... err I mean, I would assume they do an "inventory" or such just to see if people, such as Bob, request their 3rd item and/or missing bag.

chump1039

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chump1039

http://qik.com/video/4054651
Boggy Old Creature opening

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen

They probably know who is getting what, otherwise everyone could claim that they are missing one item or something. Probably.

What I imagine is, they go to a warehouse and just randomly throw stuff in a box they found laying around. All the returns and faulty products are in boxes on top of each other and a Woot Staffer goes up and kicks the pile down. Whatever lands in your box is yours :P

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob
MauLRaT wrote:I would like to think they are packaged by one group, then sent through a shipment line at any random order. So not even the staff would know what goes where. But, on the other hand, you have different fingers... err I mean, I would assume they do an "inventory" or such just to see if people, such as Bob, request their 3rd item and/or missing bag.

I can't imagine they look up everyone and their history of woot actions before shipping... my assumption is that they just have a big collection of B O C things and toss them in boxes arbirarily. Then the person at the end of the line gets a letter for everything remaining.

derrik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derrik
StudsMcgee wrote:Anyone else check out their hard drive?

Yep, both of my 250gb HDD's work. I'm using one for nightly backups and I threw the other in an external enclosure to carry around when I need it.

eagledk47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagledk47

bag of carp arrived, other fella wooter wnated to see me open, he didn't get in for the Boggy Old Creature.

Just under 4 lbs 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 x 16

NO Texas air bags.

4x Logitech Laser mice (none seem to work, but will see, yes I put new batteries in, and plugged the radio in a USB port)
2x sansa clips, both seem to work, with cables
1x sansa fuse with busted screen otherwise seems to work, no cables
1x model plane
1x kirk dude
1x camera bag
1x invisio G5 blue tooth head set, opened all parts there, no ear wax, seems to be good
1x manual for gfm 5M digi camera (no camera)
1x manual for Swissgear mobile presenter (no presenter)
1x manual for ZyXEL G-200 WIFI USB adapter (no adapter gadget)
1x Memorex CD for video converter software
1x pack of 2 tooth brush heads, Oral-B
1x USB a-b cable
1x Compaq notebook internal cable???
1x iPod to USB cable
1x cable in bag for laptop cooling pad
and
1x cover for windows media player 11????

Pretty happy for first BOCarp.

not seen anyone else post the mice, but then, they don't work, and I could have gotten rid of all of them, just funny.

hup440

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hup440

my 6.6lb is suppose to get here soon... or so fedex says so.

GuardianBob

So something from every BOC has gone up in my cubical. I'll have to wait till I get my last item but it's looking to be the flying aces right now.

The collection is (so far):
1 - Westren Cowboy Set
1 - Mother Goose LP
1 - Yanni in Words
1 - Hypochondriac Stress Pill

wpony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpony

Hi I got my Boggy Old Creature yesterday it was my 2nd one and it was so much better than my first one I was a little disappointed in my first one happy to have got it but nothing useful or worth anything LOL but this one makes up for it.
I received.
1)30 disk set united artist celebrating 90 years of film
2)star trek figure
3)camera case
4)2 250 gb hard drives look like new have not tried them yet
5)50 lumen brinkmen rechargeable flashlight for the car

everything works but the hard drives have not been checkd the movie book is fantastic every movie has 2 pages devoted to the movie thats on the page definatly not a cheap book.
Thanks woot 2 presents and a few toys for me

chump1039

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chump1039

• 2x 8gb sansa video
  • 4gb sansa
  • 2gb sansa clip
  • remote car starter
  • spock figure
  • kirk figure
  • ear buds
  • american tourister camera case

sammoffatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammoffatt

My Brainy Olive Cube came while I was taking my last final, and they wouldn't let my apartment management sign for it! ohh the agony, now I must wait one more hour until I can get a ride to the post office!

sakayen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakayen

First baby of the cosmos! Was totally stoked!

1x empty small bubblewrap bag
1x scrap of tissue paper
1x spock bobblehead
2x 250 gig western digital hard drives (not tested)
1x pink panther cartoon collection
1x jabra bluetooth headset(not tested)
1x visual land stereo earbuds(working)
1x random creative 14v adapter
1x american tourister camera bagera
1x 2 hour wall and car battery charger with batteries

aaaaand 1x set of motorola s805 bluetooth headphones! (not tested, no charger :[)

Thanks Santa Woot! about to test hard drives now :>

druidbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages druidbob

I had my Boggy Old Creature shipped to my Mom and little Brother's house for a Christmas gift.

It was to be delivered around this past sat/mon and I had been telling my little brother about how people have gotten absolutely crazy packages before, like TVs and thousands of Action figures.

So Saturday arrives, and at some point the FedEx truck shows up with a 47" flat-screen TV. My brother runs outside all excited and almost signs for it before realizing that the people down the street ordered a TV and managed to put our address instead.

The Boggy Old Creature arrived Monday though, and was a nice haul. Star Trek bobble heads, a new 40 GB HD, a Star Wars film strip, and a camera bag that my Mom can actually use.

nycesq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nycesq

Ok ok ok... I guess my initial post was a tad negative. To be clear, getting the Zune was cool. I don't want it, but it was still a nice surprise.

Really, my disappointment was about the hard drives. I didn't realize that it was commonplace for them to be broken. I guess I was just annoyed that Woot would ship them to me just so I could throw them out (which isn't easy to do in NYC if you want to find a place to recycle them). It isn't very "green" to ship garbage around the country, you know?

But, everyone's response was appropriate... I shouldn't complain. I got my scaffolding and that should be enough. I didn't mean to piss on anyone's parade.

esbaylus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esbaylus
jdf11186 wrote:"I'm.. dreaming of a crappy.. Christmas
Just like the ones I do not know.
Where the woot lights glisten,
And wooters listen
To hear a postman in the snow.
I'm.. dreaming of a crappy.. Christmas
With every forum post I write.
May your bags be merry and bright.
And may all your Christmases be scaffolding."

Here's to hoping everyone's Busted Oil Can provides some holiday joy in one way or another.

That deserves a Quality Post. Or at least the conveted Matthew Award!

gonzodamus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gonzodamus

USPS update says that my scaffolding will be getting here today (in the next hour or two in all likelihood. I've decided to give up on the whole waiting thing. I've got a big drive ahead of me this afternoon and if there's a Zune car adapter in there, I want it now

That being said, I'm almost more excited to see what the big skid of electronics is! Can't wait until pictures get posted

My Woots
  • Random Crap X5
  • Todd’s Dirt Seasonings
  • InCharge for Xbox 360 Inductive Charging System X 3
  • Portable Hibachi BBQ Grill X 3
  • USB Missile Launcher
  • Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones
  • Rumble on the Rock/Icon Sport/Cage Rage DVD Set
  • Philips amBX Gaming Kit with Tom Clancy's HAWX PC Game
  • Ridiculously Large 8-Device Universal Remote
  • Kodak Zi6 HD Pocket Video Camera
  • Fact or Crap calendars x6
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for Zune

allemap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allemap

I received info from another site that there was going to be another woot-off on Christmas day??? anyone else hear the same vicious rumor?

Pamella White

esbaylus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esbaylus
allemap wrote:I received info from another site that there was going to be another woot-off on Christmas day??? anyone else hear the same vicious rumor?

That's a vicious LIE! I MEAN IT! Don't even bother looking Christmas Eve! Move along.. nothing to see here!

(Nice user name, Pam!)

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao
nycesq wrote:Hmm, my first bag.

Zune 30gb (works)

Small camera case

2 Star Trek figures

Pink Panther DVD's

2 wallet size digital photo things

Sansa e260 4gb (busted)

120 gb hard drive (busted)

300 gb hard drive (busted)

Not worth all the time and effort at all... not even for bragging rights.

Seriously? You paid $8 and received what many here would consider a very GOOD haul (definitly better than what many others received) and you don't feel like you got "enough" to justify the hassle.

I tell you what, take your $8 into any retailer in this country and try to walk out with $100+ worth of merchandise (even the exact same items you got here).... FAIL!!!

The speed with which every Random Crap sells out shows that Woot doesn't need someone with your sense of entitlement. There are plenty will to step into you place in line. So, don't let the door nob hit you where the good Lord split you...

MauLRaT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MauLRaT

My 7.3lbs, 13.4­in³ scaffolding should be here soon. At 7.3lbs I don't expect one as good as my first, which had what seemed to be brand new roomba without the outside box. Just the styrofoam, manuals and plastic bags. This will be my second scaffolding, and will be loved just as much as the first. Here's hoping for some craptacular crappy scaffolding!

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao
ClarkVent wrote:I agree with OP that getting stuff that's broken is just plain stupid. I'd rather get 3 bags of Texas air, then a bunch of electronics that's broken. At least I can use the bags of air.

But hey, if you want the bragging rights, send me your money and I'll send you a bunch of defective junk.

Its a deal... I'll send you $8 and you send me a working 30gb Zune (don't even have to send the Pink Panther DVDs and/or digital picture things). I'll hold my breath and see if you stand behind your offer.

adhurt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages adhurt

My wife just called and said that the Baby of Christmas just arrived at home.

She is bringing it to work (unopened) so we can have a proper opening!

YEAH!!!!

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..." Lazarus Long

kayboss

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kayboss

Whelp...my skid of "electronics" came...

LMAO...so one Play Station 3 constitutes to calling it a skid of electronics I guess....so here is what I got:

--1 PS3..it is currently being tested by the husband whom has shut himself in the bedroom!

and

--768 Brothers in Arm Hells Highway Action Figures!!

LOL!! All I can do is laugh!! I have 2 nephews, so I guess they will be getting an army for Christmas...we are talking about giving a couple of boxes to toys for tots...and then I will probably be putting some up on eBay!

The skid weighed 330lbs...I will post some pictures later, and let ya all know if the PS3 works or not!! hahahaha

Thanks Woot!!

@CrystalFeathers

GuardianBob

kayboss wrote:Whelp...my skid of "electronics" came...

LMAO...so one Play Station 3 constitutes to calling it a skid of electronics I guess....so here is what I got:

--1 PS3..it is currently being tested by the husband whom has shut himself in the bedroom!

and

LOL!! All I can do is laugh!! I have 2 nephews, so I guess they will be getting an army for Christmas...we are talking about giving a couple of boxes to toys for tots...and then I will probably be putting some up on eBay!

The skid weighed 330lbs...I will post some pictures later, and let ya all know if the PS3 works or not!! hahahaha

Thanks Woot!!

Nice haul. Congrats. Is it a BC one?

themanhere10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themanhere10

and

Thanks Woot!!

haha, congrats!

kayboss

GuardianBob wrote:Nice haul. Congrats. Is it a BC one?

Thanks!! BC 1?? What do ya mean?

This was my first Boggy Old Creature...so I am still stoked about it!!

Oh and it seems the PS3 works...the hubby is a happy man right now!! lol

@CrystalFeathers

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
GuardianBob wrote: Shut up, man!

I planted that article so all of us faithful who can read, would have a minute head start. Quit giving away my secrets.

Ah, so it is YOU, who travels around the country and tells lies about Woot and its goodness in local newscasts! No wonder you're on their black list for the kind of crаp you get!!!

But not to worry, sir! The people you refer to as not being "those faithful who can read", will have no chance to see my debunking of the one minute trick, because only those dedicated Wooters and real followers had a courage to make it to page 54! So sleep well tonight!

And also good luck on whatever the third item and a bag that are headed to you!

bradchristie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradchristie

and

Thanks Woot!!

Congrats!

-Brad "KingTomato" Christie
http://www.kingtomato.net/
http://brad-christie.com/blog/

GuardianBob

kayboss wrote:Thanks!! BC 1?? What do ya mean?

This was my first Boggy Old Creature...so I am still stoked about it!!

Oh and it seems the PS3 works...the hubby is a happy man right now!! lol

Backwards compatible PS3. They are woth serious cash on ebay. Does it read PS2 discs?

kayboss

GuardianBob wrote:Backwards compatible PS3. They are woth serious cash on ebay. Does it read PS2 discs?

ohhh good question....I have no clue! lol

Does not say anything on the box...so after it's doing some update thing we will stick a ps2 game in it and see...

@CrystalFeathers

gonzodamus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gonzodamus
GuardianBob wrote:Backwards compatible PS3. They are woth serious cash on ebay. Does it read PS2 discs?

Edit: double post due to phone browser.

It'd be a 60 gig model. Should be easy to tell.

My Woots
  • Random Crap X5
  • Todd’s Dirt Seasonings
  • InCharge for Xbox 360 Inductive Charging System X 3
  • Portable Hibachi BBQ Grill X 3
  • USB Missile Launcher
  • Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones
  • Rumble on the Rock/Icon Sport/Cage Rage DVD Set
  • Philips amBX Gaming Kit with Tom Clancy's HAWX PC Game
  • Ridiculously Large 8-Device Universal Remote
  • Kodak Zi6 HD Pocket Video Camera
  • Fact or Crap calendars x6