[MOD: That's the 32GB.]

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Item: Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB 10.1" Tablet
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/22/2013 - $329.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)
4/10/2013 - $329.99 - 123 comment(s)

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

C|Net review.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

OUTSTANDING tablet if you need something with a quality stylus. I have the 32 GB model (purchased new in September of 2012). Use it daily for meetings, reading & marking up PDF files, displaying PowerPoint speaker notes (I am a teacher) and preparing lessons. Before the whining about "it doesn't support flash", you CAN side-load flash as long as you use Firefox, Dolphin, or other flash-supporting web browsers. Google it - you'll easily find links to Adobe for the flash files & instructions on how to load.

You will also hear nay-sayers who poo-poo the "low" resolution. at 800 px, this is HD, folks. The screen is lovely. At $299, this is an absolute steal.

Use the microSD slot for data (movies, music) - not for apps unless you plan to root.

My favorite video series showing a variety of ways to make use of the S-Pen: Student showing how to use S-Note and S-Pen for school

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pcmag.com says this tablet is "excellent'

antares008

quality posts: 2 Private Messages antares008

One thing I don't get about the "specs" tab is the lack of a column that lists the amount of RAM the tablet has, especially since it's more than most other 10 inch tablets.

I believe this one has 2 GB of RAM.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

NJTechReviews give is a hands-on review

ILGal

Post #2 has a link to the Flash files, and instructions on how to load.

(You may need to register to see the links...this is a good, supportive Note 10.1 forum so worth signing up if you are considering a purchase).

ILGal

I have had this case for 9 months and it's holding up great with daily use. Comes in lots of colors (not just purple), including black, red, and navy.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282

I truly wish I was in the market for a new tablet. If I were, this would be the one for me. Unfortunately my current tablet is still running rock solid and I can't justify buying another one at this time. That said, it will probably die as soon as this sale ends.

ILGal

morpheus282 wrote:I truly wish I was in the market for a new tablet. If I were, this would be the one for me. Unfortunately my current tablet is still running rock solid and I can't justify buying another one at this time. That said, it will probably die as soon as this sale ends.

I sold an old iPad 1st Gen and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to fund my Note purchase and haven't regretted it for a second. I really needed the stylus capabilities, though, so it was worth it for my purposes.

seulater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seulater

Jeez, not another refurb!
This would be my second pick tablet as it is very good. But the new Sony Tablet Z smokes this in every way.

Deeneaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deeneaus

FFFFF!!! Sometimes I hate capitalism! I literally paid $30 bucks more for this exactly two months ago now on Woot!

That said, I like the tablet! I haven't been able to use it heavily, yet, but it's def what I need! Happy Wooting!

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

S Pen and S Note are amazing for those who still like the feeling of handwriting-- I like to think of myself as a picky person when it comes to using digitized pens and S Note does not disappoint me. I love my Note to pieces and use it in the classroom, on the train, for netflix, for journaling, for doodling, as a replacement to printing out powerpoint slides/articles (and I can write on the notes easily with iAnnotate pdf), anything a notebook can do.

So I fully recommend it.

pbartleyrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbartleyrn

i just bought the 32GB model at Best Buy Saturday open box for 449. Now I'm thinking maybe I should get this and return the 32 gb one!

sandramjet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandramjet

Will this be able to be upgraded to Android 4.2?

SandRamjet

wootbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootbert

Flash Suport Phased out by Google!

One thing to be aware of is the following:

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market.

That said, this was the whole reasoning in getting this tablet, to use it with facebook and some of their flash games.

Looks like this all has come to an end. Instead of making the girlfriend happy, she is now on my back why Facebook games don't work anymore.

Google, that is just Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Does this use the same 30-pin connector as the older Apple iOS devices used? i.e. will the 452 connectors we have for old iOS devices charge and sync this tablet?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

frooggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frooggy
ckeilah wrote:Does this use the same 30-pin connector as the older Apple iOS devices used? i.e. will the 452 connectors we have for old iOS devices charge and sync this tablet?

No.

woottj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottj

Waiting for a sale or refurbished price for the 8 inch Note.

wootbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootbert
ckeilah wrote:Does this use the same 30-pin connector as the older Apple iOS devices used? i.e. will the 452 connectors we have for old iOS devices charge and sync this tablet?

Ummmmm, not sure why SAMSUNG made it visually appear as a 100% match to the iOS 30-pin connector, but the SAMSUNG cable IS NOT compatible with the Apple cable.

So I thought heck at least I can use the Apple USB charging cube to plug in the SAMSUNG cable and charge the tablet. WROOOONG! It shows the battery of the tablet with a red X. Incompatible as well.

Not sure what Samsung's intentions were with this iOS fake cable imitation look-a-like cable ninja.

Images for your convenience:

drexel96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drexel96

Is it just me or is a Dandelion a bad image for a refurb... looked like a broken screen from a distance.

This does look good. I would be in for one if my current one was not taking care of my limited needs.

kaospickle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaospickle
sandramjet wrote:Will this be able to be upgraded to Android 4.2?

It upgrades to 4.1.2. No 4.2 yet, sadly. =/

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

I bought this off woot last time it was up.

Here's the link to the pretty decent size thread for that day:LINK

Contrary to a few other people's experiences with the tablet, I love mine, and a month later, it is still running strong. I don't know if it's the same refurb peeps, but a few people had issues with the tablet and the way it was shipped.

I bought it for graphic design and sketching. The pen is pressure sensitive, which is a big selling point for me. It has a great battery life. I can be messing with it for about 8 hours before it goes kaput on me. And don't be off-put by the 16gigs. It has an expandable memory slot that can take a 64 gig SD card. I did have trouble charging it with the charger that came in-box, but when I got a new one, it worked perfectly.

It's the first tablet I've owned, and I can't sing it's praises enough. It's pretty much anything I could want in a tablet.

To be fair though, the only reason I love this any more than any other tablet it because of the pen. If you're not gonna use this thing for drawing, sketching, or writing, you might want to go with a different one.

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

Also, the multi-window feature really give it a PC feel. Most of the reviews on youtube say it has very limited functionality, because originally it only worked with samsung apps. But it has been hugely updated, and now works with a ton of different apps.

akount91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akount91

300$?! I got the same thing from woot for 415+shipping a few months ago. So worth it, I love this tablet. Wish I had waited for price to drop

kaospickle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaospickle

On a side note, for those of you like me....

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EPL-3PHPBEGSTA

tjmxxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjmxxx

Better deal on the iPad2 over at cowboom for $229.

ranscobia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ranscobia

Is this a better deal than buying a new Asus Memo Pad Smart 301T 10 inch for $300.00.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

The new versions of these online have "polaris office" whereas this one "supports documents type...word, excel, powerpoint." So does that mean this refurb has more universal office software or what? It seems too good to be true that this gadget includes microsoft software that costs about as much as the tablet itself.

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

Worth $74 more for the newer Note 8? Higher DPI, more update life, more portable...

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
ILGal wrote:OUTSTANDING tablet if you need something with a quality stylus. I have the 32 GB model (purchased new in September of 2012). Use it daily for meetings, reading & marking up PDF files, displaying PowerPoint speaker notes (I am a teacher) and preparing lessons. Before the whining about "it doesn't support flash", you CAN side-load flash as long as you use Firefox, Dolphin, or other flash-supporting web browsers. Google it - you'll easily find links to Adobe for the flash files & instructions on how to load.

You will also hear nay-sayers who poo-poo the "low" resolution. at 800 px, this is HD, folks. The screen is lovely. At $299, this is an absolute steal.

Use the microSD slot for data (movies, music) - not for apps unless you plan to root.

My favorite video series showing a variety of ways to make use of the S-Pen: Student showing how to use S-Note and S-Pen for school

I have tried a couple times to side load flash on my android phone without success. I may go back and try that again today and if I find a way to make it work on it, I may just have to pick one of these up. Any pointers from anyone?

gerryc3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gerryc3

i bought a xoom a few months ago and was thinking of getting another for my granddaughter (7yo), which should i get. i could get this and give her the xoom which she uses more than me.

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

sambo989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sambo989

I have been using a refurb 16 GB note 10.1 white, for about 4 months. This is the bomb. the asus transformers are nice, but i heard they are laggy.

Finally there is an android tablet with the horsepower and ram to do execute on the vision of what android is supposed to do.

I use the Spen , daily, at church, work, notes, and signing my insurance customers.

the screen resolution is awesome. i mean you cant tell the difference when watching videos.

And you always get the.. "Is that an Ipad?"

My reply" NO.. it's a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1" hahahahhaha

buy buy buy

i am getting one for my wife right now

shaun40555

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555
charliecarroll wrote:I have tried a couple times to side load flash on my android phone without success. I may go back and try that again today and if I find a way to make it work on it, I may just have to pick one of these up. Any pointers from anyone?

Just add the apk from the adobe site and other places. Then you need a flash compatible browser, try dolphin. Then you should be in business. No hacking needed.

sambo989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sambo989

flash is dead

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
yayobama wrote:The new versions of these online have "polaris office" whereas this one "supports documents type...word, excel, powerpoint." So does that mean this refurb has more universal office software or what? It seems too good to be true that this gadget includes microsoft software that costs about as much as the tablet itself.

I have one of these and it does come with polaris. I use dropbox to move my microsoft documents back and forth seamlessly. Hope that helps

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
tjmxxx wrote:Better deal on the iPad2 over at cowboom for $229.

Ipad does not have expandable memory, or an s pen.