WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

KitchenAid Stand Mixer - 9 Colors

Speed to First Woot:
5m 13.008s
First Sucker:
Reggie the Rue
Last Wooter to Woot:
jas768
Last Purchase:
5 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 34% of Woot.com Woots
Top 17% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 24% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 31% < 10 woots
  • 15% < 25 woots
  • 20% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 17% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 64% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 98% bought 1
  • 2% bought 2

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
3%
3%
1%
2%
2%
4%
9%
9%
12%
11%
8%
5%
7%
4%
4%
4%
4%
4%
2%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]


KitchenAid Stand Mixer - 9 Colors
Price: $239.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 28 to Tuesday, Apr 29) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/15/2014 - $239.99 - 0 comment(s)
2/1/2014 - $239.99 - 46 comment(s)


***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

amorphousalias


quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

Do these have metal gears or something else?

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of great reviews over at Target.com and Kohls.com

Let's watch a comparison video between the Classic and the Artisan


jmendenhall80


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmendenhall80

I bought one for my wife last year from the Kitchen Aid outlet store for $249. These things are great.

xerm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerm

Bonton.com is running a pretty good deal on these right now too, with more color options, but shipping made it cost a hair more. (They currently have a free shipping promo, but the mixers are labeled as "special handling.") Reviews are all-around very positive.
Seems these are always popping up on sale or with rebates, etc., but woot seems just a bit cheaper with shipping than I can find elsewhere.
Last time these were up, I took too long make up my mind on what color I wanted; finally decided on orange & then they were sold out. Not this time!

rileyh88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rileyh88
xerm wrote:Bonton.com is running a pretty good deal on these right now too, with more color options, but shipping made it cost a hair more. (They currently have a free shipping promo, but the mixers are labeled as "special handling.") Reviews are all-around very positive.
Seems these are always popping up on sale or with rebates, etc., but woot seems just a bit cheaper with shipping than I can find elsewhere.
Last time these were up, I took too long make up my mind on what color I wanted; finally decided on orange & then they were sold out. Not this time!



They also have an offer for a free meat grinder using a mail in rebate through KitchenAid. The form says the mixer has to be bought through an authorized KitchenAid dealer. Any staffers know if Woot is authorized?

Rebate form: http://www.kitchenaid.com/images/global/promotions/5Qt_GWP_FGA_4.1.14_5.31.14_GENERAL.pdf

screamin96


quality posts: 1 Private Messages screamin96

Great mixer, and great deal! My wife absolutely loves her's.

Just a heads-up on another option.. here's another KitchenAid model (refurb) for about $85 less than this one (after shipping & tax):

KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer - $229 with free shipping! Take another 20% off at checkout through May 3!


countdingo


quality posts: 8 Private Messages countdingo
amorphousalias wrote:Do these have metal gears or something else?


Both.
There is one gear which is plastic that tends to fail over time (years of use). It is easily replaceable, and there are a slew of DIYs on youtube to show you how.
Here's one for a model I own

The link above links to the below video @ 2:25, which shows the gears.

countdingo


quality posts: 8 Private Messages countdingo

Note that this is the 5-quart version; if you have a large family or do a LOT of baking, the models with the larger bowls are preferable, though this one does well for your typical recipes (cakes, breads, etc).

The wattage of the mixers varies, as well. This sports the 325-watt motor, while others sport 575, 600, and other wattages. What's more important than the wattage, however, is the gearbox. The Pro Series, as I understand it, can handle a bit more work (multiple loaves of bread, heavy mixes, etc), while the Artisan models are for the average baker.

Don't get me wrong - you should be able to mix bread with these without any issue, but the plastic gear is the weak link. The resistance a thick mixture would produce will be transmitted directly to the gearbox, where that weak link resides, and cause heavier wear than, say, a cake mix. It's all relative.

All said, I think this is a good mixer, and perfect for an average family. Keep in mind, these are not made/manufactured by Hobart (as they were years ago), but Whirlpool. They aren't built like they used to be, but they *are* easy to repair if necessary, and there is a wealth of information at your fingertips by simply searching the web for your model number (parts diagrams, repair guides, diagnoses, etc), which, for me, offsets any difference in manufacturing quality.

Awesoman


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Awesoman

The Cobalt Blue picture seems to be the Ultra Power 4.5-quart model, which is significantly cheaper than the upgraded/larger Artisan model when searching elsewhere. Is that just the wrong image, or is it a different model than the rest?

Ericy321


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Ericy321

Can get for about same price through Kohls when they run 30% deal. And if you count the Kohls cash, then it's even cheaper. Can choose any color as well. Great mixers though for most situations

countdingo


quality posts: 8 Private Messages countdingo
Awesoman wrote:The Cobalt Blue picture seems to be the Ultra Power 4.5-quart model, which is significantly cheaper than the upgraded/larger Artisan model when searching elsewhere. Is that just the wrong image, or is it a different model than the rest?



The model listed is KSM150 - the 2nd image of the Cobalt Blue mixer seems to be the correct (Artisan) mixer, while the first, as you noted, seems to be a different model than KSM150. Good eye! Would be good to have an official response to this question, but best guess is that it was an oops.

luciecutter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages luciecutter

Thanks! I have an old Hobart classic and had been thinking of getting a new Artisan to add color to the kitchen, but now I won't. I haven't had a problem with the Hobart in the 25 years I've had it, and I bake a lot.

Check out big yard sales and auctions. I've only seen the machine at one, but parts and accessories often go very cheaply. I got an extra bowl and paddle for $4 total last year.

countdingo


quality posts: 8 Private Messages countdingo
luciecutter wrote:I have an old Hobart classic and had been thinking of getting a new Artisan to add color to the kitchen, but now I won't. I haven't had a problem with the Hobart in the 25 years I've had it, and I bake a lot.



If it was new 25 years ago, it was most likely made by Whirlpool. They *did* redesign some parts of it in the mid-2000s, but not sure what got changed. Most of the older (prior to mid-1980s, when Whirlpool bought them) seem to run longer and strain less. I can't find anything definitive regarding what's different in the Hobart vs Whirlpool models, but I know they use nearly (if not exactly) the same hard parts (gears, case, etc). Best bet is parts of the motor have changed over the years.

I wouldn't write off the current models simply because they aren't as good as the older ones (which may be fact or fantasy, but people are very adamant regarding this assertion, so I'll play along); as long as you follow the directions regarding mixing times and cool-down times, you should be fine.

That said, there are plenty of options out there - Bosch, Cuisinart, Electrolux, etc.

whataworld


quality posts: 4 Private Messages whataworld

The 5qt bowl fits an average recipe but unless I spoon feed the flour, I end up with a snowstorm. And that stupid head tilt pin that is always jiggling itself loose.

shakinjake


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shakinjake
screamin96 wrote:Great mixer, and great deal! My wife absolutely loves her's.

Just a heads-up on another option.. here's another KitchenAid model (refurb) for about $85 less than this one (after shipping & tax):

KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer - $229 with free shipping! Take another 20% off at checkout through May 3!






a buck eighty three...that's a killer deal

I agonized over buying one of these a couple years ago and went for the 7 quart model (stand mixer) with the 1.3 HP motor. Admittedly about the worst I throw at it is a 5 cup flour double batch pizza dough recipe, which it handles with aplomb, and IIRC, I dropped $500 on it. the 5 quart stand mixer for $183 OTD would be hard to pass on.

It says it's refurbished which means (I think) they are machines the staff at the plant in Ohio have rebuilt. I've read about the work they do there and wouldn't hesitate to go with something they re-worked, for that kind of money

I think it all boils down to what you are going to do with one of these, which model makes the most sense for you. Do your research before buying anything

I'll say this, I came close to buying a commercial mixer instead of the Kitchen Aid, but in the end I knew I would be happy with what the KA mixer could do. FWIW too, I was a union baker (bread buns and rolls) for 5 years back in the 70's so I have some experience working with dough

I'll repeat, do your research. Figure out what the toughest thing you're going to use your mixer for and make sure the machine you choose will stand up to the task

If hyou think the heaviest shore will be mixing bread dough and the machine you are looking at might not keep up, think about mixing the bread dough in a mixing bowl using a Dutch dough whisk. I have and still get my Dutch dough whisk out and it's great to get flour and water mixed quickly and without a lot of work, so you could buy a lighter duty mixer for cake mixes and feel confident your Kitchen Aid purchase will last. Just a thought

http://www.amazon.com/Danish-Dough-Hand-Whisk-Mixer/dp/B002U88RQY/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1398505073&sr=1-1&keywords=dutch+dough+whisk

frankiegarber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages frankiegarber

I have one and love it. It makes baking easy. This price is not much of a bargain. I purchased mine around Christmas for significantly less.

Frances C. Garber

snydersteven


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snydersteven
countdingo wrote:Note that this is the 5-quart version; if you have a large family or do a LOT of baking, the models with the larger bowls are preferable, though this one does well for your typical recipes (cakes, breads, etc).

The wattage of the mixers varies, as well. This sports the 325-watt motor, while others sport 575, 600, and other wattages. What's more important than the wattage, however, is the gearbox. The Pro Series, as I understand it, can handle a bit more work (multiple loaves of bread, heavy mixes, etc), while the Artisan models are for the average baker.

Don't get me wrong - you should be able to mix bread with these without any issue, but the plastic gear is the weak link. The resistance a thick mixture would produce will be transmitted directly to the gearbox, where that weak link resides, and cause heavier wear than, say, a cake mix. It's all relative.

All said, I think this is a good mixer, and perfect for an average family. Keep in mind, these are not made/manufactured by Hobart (as they were years ago), but Whirlpool. They aren't built like they used to be, but they *are* easy to repair if necessary, and there is a wealth of information at your fingertips by simply searching the web for your model number (parts diagrams, repair guides, diagnoses, etc), which, for me, offsets any difference in manufacturing quality.



my wife prefers the tilt-head model for making dough - she leaves it unlatched and lets it bounce around, so this is the one we have now (I too wanted to buy MORE POWER!)

TCayer


quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

HERE is a link for the next model up for the same price!

http://www.gilt.com/look/home?s_id=2ac06b39b4c9a52d57441b3e7faa26bfa59d0846c5596d5c6fdbbefd330d87c5_1398518635127_173779921&size_id=1

Only available in black, though. This model has the stand, not the tilt-head, and has more horsepower. (425 vs. 375.)

It also appears to be backordered until 5/01-5/06.

I bought mine from Gilt, and got $25 off for being a new customer, plus a $30 MIR from Kitchenaid, so my total cost was less than $200!

gak0090


quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

KitchenAid® Professional 6 Qt Mixer $290 1HP motor.

I got this for my wife from Costco. We had the artisan before that and it was a good mixer. The way the professional series handles thick batters and dough is much more effortless.

http://www.costco.com/KitchenAid%C2%AE-Professional-6-Qt-Mixer.product.11754601.html

blurpleUNC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blurpleUNC

My parents were married in 1977 and received this mixer (wasn't called the artisan at the time) as a wedding gift. My mom used it all her life before upgrading to a more powerful model. So she handed down her kitchenaid mixer to me.

At 37 years old, my hand me down kitchenaid still works like a charm and has zero issues. These mixers are excellent, and easily the best consumer mixer one can buy.

JC7727


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JC7727
TCayer wrote:HERE is a link for the next model up for the same price!

http://www.gilt.com/look/home?s_id=2ac06b39b4c9a52d57441b3e7faa26bfa59d0846c5596d5c6fdbbefd330d87c5_1398518635127_173779921&size_id=1

Only available in black, though. This model has the stand, not the tilt-head, and has more horsepower. (425 vs. 375.)

It also appears to be backordered until 5/01-5/06.

I bought mine from Gilt, and got $25 off for being a new customer, plus a $30 MIR from Kitchenaid, so my total cost was less than $200!


better deal for sure

vroomfondel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vroomfondel
rileyh88 wrote:They also have an offer for a free meat grinder using a mail in rebate through KitchenAid. The form says the mixer has to be bought through an authorized KitchenAid dealer. Any staffers know if Woot is authorized?

Rebate form: http://www.kitchenaid.com/images/global/promotions/5Qt_GWP_FGA_4.1.14_5.31.14_GENERAL.pdf



I bought one of these when it was offered back in October and had the same rebate available. I sent the rebate in with a printout of the order confirmation page and proof of purchase from the box. I received my meat grinder attachment a few weeks later with no problems.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams

bonkers88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonkers88

The gilt offer is a 4.5 and the woot offer is 5.5 capacity big difference. Woot also ships in 24-48 hours gilt is shippingin 2 weeks . Large difference in the product large difference in the service. More colors are also available on woot. Go woot!

juliana1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages juliana1

Staff

Cobalt Blue image has been updated. Good catch! The Cobalt Blue colorway is the Artisan model.

gesnerj59


quality posts: 7 Private Messages gesnerj59

Not much of a deal here... Artisan model can be had locally for the same price, no shipping, when they come up on sale. If you're that impulsive go for it here.
The deal on the professional model here last month or so WAS a good deal however...

mysticzephyr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysticzephyr
bonkers88 wrote:The gilt offer is a 4.5 and the woot offer is 5.5 capacity big difference.



Bonkers, they both have 5 quart bowls. The Professional model is a significant upgrade over the Artisan model. Loyalty is usually a good thing, but...

StarKnightGoku


quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I was shopping for a mixer earlier this year for bread dough mixing and all my research led me to buying a Bosch Compact over a KitchenAid.

lola22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22
rileyh88 wrote:They also have an offer for a free meat grinder using a mail in rebate through KitchenAid. The form says the mixer has to be bought through an authorized KitchenAid dealer. Any staffers know if Woot is authorized?

Rebate form: http://www.kitchenaid.com/images/global/promotions/5Qt_GWP_FGA_4.1.14_5.31.14_GENERAL.pdf



I bought the recent Woot 6qt KitchenAid mixer and called KitchenAid to see if I could get the rebate for the free ice cream bowl and they said yes. I sent it off. Haven't gotten the bowl yet, but it's only been about 2 weeks.

DUGIN


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DUGIN

Be Nice to me...but I dont see the 5qt bowl listed as an item in the box...am i simply missing it some how? i dont want to assume its gonna be there,,, the mixer/stand it self is listed but not the 5 qt bowl

bluemaple


quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

We used to be a 100% KitchenAid appliance (from small to large) home. We wanted to love them and support the home-state company.

After having significant and repeated problems with just about every KitchenAid appliance (and their poor support) we have ejected almost all of them from our home.

The sole KitchenAid appliance we would still consider: their stand mixers.

jmendenhall80


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmendenhall80

Just checked my email receipts today. I bought the refurbished for $185 on the Kitchen-Aid Outlet online store. I am still a fan of the blenders. And while my wife was happy about receiving the blender, I am the true winner. She makes me bread and tarts.

ScottFromWyoming


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
whataworld wrote:The 5qt bowl fits an average recipe but unless I spoon feed the flour, I end up with a snowstorm. And that stupid head tilt pin that is always jiggling itself loose.



Yes. I'm the only one who notices, too, so I'm just waiting for the day when the head comes completely off and walks all over the counter with a loaf of dough in its maw.

irongobbo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages irongobbo

Its a good mixer. But make sure you only need 5qts. The bigger one holds more and is a little more powerful. And almost all the accessories are made for the 6 quart. You gotta be careful with this one.

peedog16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peedog16

Is the bowl included? It's not listed in the specs.

sanchezaps


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sanchezaps

I really want a new color! I have a white one now that I got as a wedding gift 19 years ago. It still works perfectly and I can't see replacing a good mixer just because I want a blue one

AlexIAm


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

Dang! Dang! Dang! Been coveting one of these for years and I would have totally impulse bought one if orange or lime green were still available. Guess my wallet will remain untouched.

>insert funny quote here<

Jon651


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jon651
screamin96 wrote:Great mixer, and great deal! My wife absolutely loves her's.

Just a heads-up on another option.. here's another KitchenAid model (refurb) for about $85 less than this one (after shipping & tax):

KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer - $229 with free shipping! Take another 20% off at checkout through May 3!




Thanks for the tip. I decided to purchase the unit you listed as a gift for my nephew's wife's birthday next month (sorry Woot). I'm sure she'll love it. All told the total came to $196 which is the best price I've found for this model. The Woot model may be new, but this one has a more powerful motor and is bowl-lift versus tilt-head, which is supposed to be more solidly built.

My wife has the KitchenAid Pro 600 that I got for her a few years ago and it has been wonderful.

Cheers- Jon651