WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014 Edition)

Speed to First Woot:
7m 56.335s
First Sucker:
bknoll79
Last Wooter to Woot:
maccarthaigh
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 36% of Woot.com Woots
Top 19% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Woot.com Woots
Top 6% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 27% first woot
  • 9% second woot
  • 20% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 23% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 21% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 66% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
2%
2%
1%
1%
3%
3%
6%
9%
10%
9%
7%
6%
5%
5%
4%
3%
2%
4%
4%
3%
2%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014 Edition)
Price: $364.99 - 389.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 2-3 business days (Tuesday, May 13 to Wednesday, May 14) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

Where's mikebbass? He was looking for one of these.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

lichme

quality posts: 2744 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3303 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this "excellent" review over at cnet and great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

Nice. Just bought this on Groupon last week, all said, pennies difference so I won't need to return that one...

This is pretty spot on for cost, I expect these to start selling out quickly.

profile V 2.0

Kingu

quality posts: 41 Private Messages Kingu

Just got mind from the Groupon deal. Honestly, had Google gotten the new 10.1 going, I would have gotten that. With 40 cash back from fatwallet, couldn't pass up the other deal.

Overall, nice tablet, the pen is a big plus. With a compatible cover, it wakes into a scheduler when you open it.

Please remember to register for Samsung perks and get your $25 Google play credit, which works with the referb serial number.

jokastrength

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jokastrength
spikedknight wrote:Nice. Just bought this on Groupon last week, all said, pennies difference so I won't need to return that one...

This is pretty spot on for cost, I expect these to start selling out quickly.

Yeah I have one of these. Highly recommend. It is my first tablet- wasn't really sure I needed one. Turns out I use it all the time now.

I will say if you buy a case that converts to a stand for the tablet- you might be dumb and bend a charger a bit b/c the power port is on the bottom. (this might be a joka was dumb confession)

Atlanta has curling. Atlcurling.org

modelakathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modelakathy
jokastrength wrote:
I will say if you buy a case that converts to a stand for the tablet- you might be dumb and bend a charger a bit b/c the power port is on the bottom. (this might be a joka was dumb confession)

I bought this 360 rotating case for my Note. It is very durable and prevents charger port issues.
http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Leather-Rotating-WithAdjustableMulti-AngleStand/dp/B00BOEGFCI

geverage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geverage

Since Google is NEVER going to finally get around to refreshing their 10" tablet, this just might be the one to get. No thanks this time, Google!

lestatct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lestatct

I got one of these here a month ago. They were sold out of the 32GB when I bit the bullet, so I got the 16GB (which was less $ then). I LOVE it. It can get the KitKat update, and there's even a couple ROM's out there for the adventurous type. The $25 Play Store credit from Samsung was a really nice perk, as someone mentioned. I like to draw and edit pictures, and the S-pen is so much fun. I even got a couple different kinds from eBay and Amazon (one is a riot...it has a bluetooth headset capability...when your phone rings, you hold the stylus up to your ear and talk on it like a phone. LOL)

One thing I did do was buy a 2 year SquareTrade warranty here when I got it, but when I looked on their website to register it, I saw that the warranty doesn't cover accidental damage and handling, so I went with a longer warranty with ADH for less money through Securranty. SquareTrade gave me a full refund when I cancelled it.

I have a Motorola XOOM, which I bought new however many years ago that was, and also an HP TouchPad. If you have an older tablet, your jaw will drop when you see the resolution on this thing. It's gorgeous. Reading on it (though not good outdoors, like a Kindle would be, of course) is fantastic...even small fine fonts are razor sharp! And movies are beautiful, too.

eatricetoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatricetoday

Y U NO SHIP APO? I really really want this! 'Cmon woot! can't you just make an exception?

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
eatricetoday wrote:Y U NO SHIP APO? I really really want this! 'Cmon woot! can't you just make an exception?

i believe the problem is with the post office ..they won't ship lith-ion batts over seas due to possible fire hazard

bigbillyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigbillyt

I got one of these new about six months ago and I love it. My laptop is very jealous. I can do almost everything I need to do on the tablet. The stylus is a great feature as well for taking notes, making sketches and annotating photos. The ability to add additional local storage is nice too. I highly recommend this tablet.

Dist0rt3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dist0rt3d
stevef2222 wrote:i believe the problem is with the post office ..they won't ship lith-ion batts over seas due to possible fire hazard

Actually, that's not true, the USPS states that all Li-Ion batteries must be installed in the device they are intended to power. At one point there was a ban on shipping to APO/FPO, and some companies have simply decided to not do it (probably because they fear getting hordes of returned packages due to uninformed buyers).

There are services, however, that will do this for you. You'll just have to pay twice for shipping. Just do a search for "ship to apo" and you should be greeted with two or three choices.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
jthebird1977 wrote:Where's mikebbass? He was looking for one of these.

Oh I am here and watching, now I need to see if I have the funds to make this happen.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

hotsaucemagik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotsaucemagik

UGH..... I just ordered a new Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 from newegg YESTERDAY....

Do I send that back and buy this for almost $70 less?? Decisions decisions....

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

woot needs to fix the processor information - it's confusing. It should say this:

Samsung Exynos 5 Octa (1.9 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 + 1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7)

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-GALAXY-Note-10.1-2014-Edition_id8139

eatricetoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatricetoday
Dist0rt3d wrote:Actually, that's not true, the USPS states that all Li-Ion batteries must be installed in the device they are intended to power. At one point there was a ban on shipping to APO/FPO, and some companies have simply decided to not do it (probably because they fear getting hordes of returned packages due to uninformed buyers).

There are services, however, that will do this for you. You'll just have to pay twice for shipping. Just do a search for "ship to apo" and you should be greeted with two or three choices.

That workaround will end up costing as much as buying this refurbished from amazon. Can't catch a break. SMH

fejacobsen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fejacobsen

Bought this from woot when they had the Samsung tablet extravaganza and I have really enjoyed it. The s pen is easy to use, however the factory refurb did not come with the extra s pen tips that the new models come with.

mrskravitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrskravitz

So... for web surfing and email while traveling, and watching movies, this one, or is the much cheaper Nook HD+ good enough?

brodedr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brodedr

I'm new to Woot and want to get started...
I am intrigued by the Amazon account option. Does this mean I can use my Amazon Gift Card balance to make a purchase on Woot? If so, how???

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
brodedr wrote:I'm new to Woot and want to get started...
I am intrigued by the Amazon account option. Does this mean I can use my Amazon Gift Card balance to make a purchase on Woot? If so, how???

That's a login option only, so it's pretty tame. Can't even take advantage of Prime shipping either to get around Woot's abysmal ship fees.

gak0090

mrskravitz wrote:So... for web surfing and email while traveling, and watching movies, this one, or is the much cheaper Nook HD+ good enough?

If that is all you are going to do the Nook HD+ is a good option. You can usually find the Nook HD+ 9" for like $120 refurbed. Even without rooting and applying a new ROM- you have the google play store and you are running Android 4.0 underneath the Nook skin which is pretty decent. Having said that though the Samsung Note gives you an entirely different skill set. The "note" tablets have a wacom digitizer built in - there is NO tablet made that will give you the same writing/drawing experience that the note gives you- not even close. This tablet has a great processor (8 core) which means everything is completely fluid and buttery smooth no matter how many simultaneous apps are running- in addition this OS will allow you to have multiple windows open and do other things that the Nook hd+ (stock) can't do. There is not a game that the Samsung note tablet won't be able to play, the Nook HD can do most gaming - but some games aren't available for the platform and other games don't display exactly right.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 13 Private Messages billthegunowner

Silly question, but why would anyone buy the 16GB model when for just $25 more you can have the 32GB model?

Bill

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brodedr wrote:I'm new to Woot and want to get started...

As mentioned above, logging in via Amazon gets you access to your address book and payment setups.

We do not participate in the Amazon Gift Card or Prime shipping programs.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Priswell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Priswell

I have this tablet. It is excellent! It's fast, the battery lasts a long time, and recharges at a decent rate - much faster than the Acer Iconia Tab 700 I used to have.

bluemaple

quality posts: 73 Private Messages bluemaple

Sweet tablet. And that pressure sensitive stylus/screen feature further sets this model apart, especially if you've tried a stylus on any other tablet - world of difference.

Decently discounted price vs. new and it is a factory refurb, not generically (unpredictably) refurbed.

Reference:
New Amazon 16 GB $479 vs $370 Woot shipped
New Amazon 32 GB $529 vs $395 Woot shipped

(Agreed with @billthegunowner, for +$25, the 32 GB model is a no-brainer. If that extra $25 is too much then a regular Samsung Galaxy Tab factory refurb (vs Note) might be a better match for your budget.)

mrskravitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrskravitz

@gak0090, for some reason Woot isn't letting me reply, so I'll try a new post. Thanks so much, that's exactly the kind of analysis that is super-helpful. I suspect the Samsung is overkill for the specific uses I need. It's a great choice if you will make use of the writing/drawing function. But even though the high-res display is very attractive, it's not worth it when all I will need it for is Netflix, email and the Internet. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

bluemaple

Hint about the goodness of this Woot: How often is the page virtually filled with warm-fuzzy comments like this one? Perhaps for Ooma?

bluemaple

One reason to 'stretch' a bit if you think this tablet might be 'too much' for you - buying a bit more power/capability gets you hardware that will stick with operating system upgrades (Android in this case) for longer.

You might not think staying close to the latest operating system matters, but eventually the app updates won't work on your older hardware since it is stuck on an older operating system.

Ask anyone stuck on Android 2.1 (we have a tablet in this bucket - it now serves as a digital picture frame and Pandora server... for now).

jeremyp123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeremyp123

I bought a refurb'd 32gb black one for a few more dollars than this deal a couple months ago and love it. The pen works great for taking notes and doodling. Even though I don't use it a lot I love having the option (which is absent on just about every other tablet). Those rubber-tipped stylus pens are laughable compared to the pin-point accuracy of the S Pen.

The real beast is the screen... color and brightness are great, and you'd need a magnifying glass (maybe a microscope) to actually see a pixel at 2560x1600 on a 10.1" screen.

As far as the battery goes: I'd have to try *really* hard to kill it in the span of a day. With occasional (2-3 hours a day) usage you'll probably have a week before needing a recharge.

For the rooters, Samsung Knox is a bit of a pain, but workarounds exist. I think it took me a whopping 10 minutes to get it rooted, not including firmware downloading and flashing time.

It's a solid buy at this price (and maybe up to $50 more). Once you get it be sure to get your free junk... and most of it is junk. The Google Play credit and 50 gigs of Dropbox were nice though.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/#note10

Pmardono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pmardono

Could someone explain what does it mean "Factory Reconditioned? Is it a new product?

gak0090

mrskravitz wrote:@gak0090, for some reason Woot isn't letting me reply, so I'll try a new post. Thanks so much, that's exactly the kind of analysis that is super-helpful. I suspect the Samsung is overkill for the specific uses I need. It's a great choice if you will make use of the writing/drawing function. But even though the high-res display is very attractive, it's not worth it when all I will need it for is Netflix, email and the Internet. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I have bought 3 of the Nook HD+ (9") and they are nice tablets. Even though the resolution is higher on today's woot, the Nook HD+ has a 1920x1280 resolution- which is beyond HD and the difference on this size device probably won't even be noticeable. Netflix does work great on it. You can also buy and HDMI adapter if you travel a lot and want to use it in your Hotel room- or whatever other application you might need it for.

jeremyp123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeremyp123
Pmardono wrote:Could someone explain what does it mean "Factory Reconditioned? Is it a new product?

Essentially, yes. It means that Samsung themselves, not a third-party, took one that was a customer return and tested/fixed any issues with it with their parts and expertise.

Factory reconditioned is the way to go in just about every case.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Pmardono wrote:Could someone explain what does it mean "Factory Reconditioned? Is it a new product?

Sure thing. It is not new.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Pmardono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pmardono
ThunderThighs wrote:Sure thing. It is not new.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Thankx. But why then the warranty by Samsung is only 90 days?

wdtj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdtj

I didn't notice anything about a GPS receiver in the specs. Isn't that standard on the Note 10.1?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Pmardono wrote:Thankx. But why then the warranty by Samsung is only 90 days?

That's the warranty they provide for this item as a factory reconditioned item.

gak0090

Pmardono wrote:Thankx. But why then the warranty by Samsung is only 90 days?

Because they fix it with parts that break after 91 days.

99% of refurbished items are sold on clearance and generally have a shorter warranty, usually 30-90 days.