texasbonfire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages texasbonfire
wcorissa wrote:Do the the plastic things for pressure points and the lumbar support come with this? I have had this item on my amazon wishlist for months and think it would make a good anniversary gift for my boyfriend who is 6'5" with mild back pain.

Check specs on this table before buying. The table I bought has a height limit of 6'6"

pdkidwell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pdkidwell

I only use this table when I get the hiccups. Just pour myself a glass of water, invert, drink and then I'm done. The water often spills though once I invert so you gotta drink fast.

cactuskid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cactuskid

I do not even need to read about this item....complete RIPPOFF price, I have a almost identical unit in my master bedroom, works great and I got it off Amazon for $105.00 including shipped to my door..Do not waste your money for what woot is asking, mine is rated for 250 lbs and Is plenty sturdy (I weigh 215)...lots of options online for MUCH less money

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

For the person who lets everything go to their head.

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750
mkdr wrote:In case anyone is concerned about buying one and then having it become another laundry rack, rest assured it is also an excellent cat toy! My husband actually uses ours every morning and loves it, but when not in use, our youngest cat likes to play on it. He climbs on everything so I thought it would be funny to put him at the headrest and see what would happen. The first time it took him about 15 minutes to get off, walking back and forth as it teetered up and down. Now, he will jump and "surf" on it It is one of his favorite toys!

My cat (otherwise known as Max the Cat) is thrilled when I get a new box of wine from wine.woot cause he knows he gets the empty box to hang out in. Much cheaper and I get to drink the wine...

mkcmem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mkcmem

FWIW if there is a Relax the Back store in your area, they have a few different inversion tables you can try including a Teeter model. It won't be one this cheap, but you will at least see what the sensation feels like on your back. You can check it out and then wait for the next Woot offer--they usually run these for sale every month or two, at least in a Woot Off.

BTW an older friend of mine bought the Teeter from RTB and ordered one with an extension on the ankle clamps so she can more easily reach them when her back is out....something to think about, although it obviously raises the price of the device. The Woot model does not have that feature.

neuropsychosocial wrote:Are Teeter inversion tables in brick-and-motor stores? Or other brands of inversion tables in stores? I have a tumory thing growing on my spinal cord and I feel like this might relieve some of the pressure in my back, but I'm hesitant to buy one over the internet, especially without trying one.

alan93

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alan93

This seems WAY over priced.
I picked up a used sturdy one fro $90. It does help with back somewhat. It gets fluid moving in areas of your spine that normal doesn't get it and it allows discs to decompress so the gel substance between them can go back in place. Core strengthening exercises are needed with this.

**WARNING** if you hurt your lower back pulling weeds or lifting something heavy or something DO NOT hang on this, it will tear the muscle further rendering you practically unable to walk for a few days. It happened to me and was very frightening.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
cactuskid wrote:I do not even need to read about this item....complete RIPPOFF price, I have a almost identical unit in my master bedroom, works great and I got it off Amazon for $105.00 including shipped to my door..Do not waste your money for what woot is asking, mine is rated for 250 lbs and Is plenty sturdy (I weigh 215)...lots of options online for MUCH less money

Do you have a Huffy Bicycle too?

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
pupyluvr wrote:A treadmill represents a much greater value as far as laundry capacity per dollar however with this unit I believe you would be able to hang more shirts & trousers whereas the treadmill would allow for more stacking space. It would depend entirely on your needs.

But...the Inversion Machine could also double as an Ironing Board!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

parseven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parseven

I bought this model "blemished" from Teeter about a month ago for $254. Could not be any happier with it. I couldn't find any blemish, and I carve out 10 min. a day to hang. Other models out there cheaper, but spend 15 minutes at pencil's trying them side by side, and I think you'll opt for Teeter 99% of the time.

parseven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parseven
mkcmem wrote:FWIW if there is a Relax the Back store in your area, they have a few different inversion tables you can try including a Teeter model. It won't be one this cheap, but you will at least see what the sensation feels like on your back. You can check it out and then wait for the next Woot offer--they usually run these for sale every month or two, at least in a Woot Off.

BTW an older friend of mine bought the Teeter from RTB and ordered one with an extension on the ankle clamps so she can more easily reach them when her back is out....something to think about, although it obviously raises the price of the device. The Woot model does not have that feature.

You can buy the easy-reach ankle latch option as an add-on for this model from Teeter.

rylieleier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rylieleier
simonwang wrote:What makes this one more than 4x over other inversion tables?!?! I bought a body flex for under $100 and it's more sturdy than this one. Plus it starts out in a seated position before folding flat into a bed when inverting. http://dealnews.com/Body-Flex-Gravity-Inversion-Table-for-95-pickup-at-Sears-/571179.html

"Way more sturdy"...I doubt it. Watch the video on tables being tested for quality, performance and durability...products that appeared to be sturdy fell to bits while being tested to UL's standard for inversion table safety. Teeter was the only brand to pass UL' voluntary safety evaluation.

rylieleier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rylieleier
cactuskid wrote:I do not even need to read about this item....complete RIPPOFF price, I have a almost identical unit in my master bedroom, works great and I got it off Amazon for $105.00 including shipped to my door..Do not waste your money for what woot is asking, mine is rated for 250 lbs and Is plenty sturdy (I weigh 215)...lots of options online for MUCH less money

The Teeter has a 300 lbs weight capacity. Designed to hold 4 times that to ensure stability when doing inverted stretching or exercise. Again, the Teeter is UL certified - that means it is the only brand that has certified quality. Do you really want to hang upside down on a product that can't pass basic safety requirements?

3X8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3X8

Ok I ordered one. If I don't like it I'm hunting everyone down that said it works. :D

patcarsonclarke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patcarsonclarke
yeahbuddy wrote:http://www.ehow.com/about_6748683_information-gravity-inversion-system.html

Criticism

Opponents charge that merely lying down horizontally across a bed or table provides similar relief.

The medical community at large takes a dubious view of inversion therapy. While the idea of easing the burden of the spine has some merit, critics argue similar benefits from redistributing gravity can be achieved simply by lying down. The proportion of time a normal active person spends upright also greatly outweighs the amount of time you can expect to spend in an inversion apparatus. Excessive periods of inversion have been shown to pose health risks.

Dangers

While the apparent benefits of inversion therapy rely on reversing the effects of gravity on the spine, you must keep in mind the technique also reverses the effects of gravity on your cardiovascular system. Suspending yourself for extended periods of time causes blood to pool in the upper half of your body. Health experts almost unilaterally recommend against inversion if your heart or arteries are in poor condition. The excess blood flow can increase pain or hemorrhage in your eyes or brain.

Inversion can also cause problems with glaucoma. It definitely increases the pressure in your eyes, and if you are already having problems of that nature, inversion will increase the problems.

sphegdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sphegdave

Felt compelled to post as 3 people in my family have used this product.

Out of them 2 ended up with brain hemorrhages. My dad was lucky and survived, my Uncle not so much. My grandfather discontinued his use after my Uncle's passing.

Now these are blood relatives so there may be a genetic component and certainly this doesn't constitute a clinical trial, but just be aware that this product does have a risk associated with it.

My dad did experience some relief from his bad back, but has decided now that additional painkillers are less risk than this device.

iwarriorwalk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwarriorwalk
hdmatrix wrote:For those of you that have one these how hard is it to clamp in your feet. When my back goes out on me I'm not sure I would be able to reach down far enough to do this. On the BHI website there is a 960 model that has an arm on the clamping mechanism that looks like it would be easier to reach.

The trick is to use it regularly BEFORE your back goes out . . . That way your back stays loose and gets stronger

cathy726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathy726
neuropsychosocial wrote:Are Teeter inversion tables in brick-and-motor stores? Or other brands of inversion tables in stores? I have a tumory thing growing on my spinal cord and I feel like this might relieve some of the pressure in my back, but I'm hesitant to buy one over the internet, especially without trying one.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 37 Private Messages RobinBobcat

I am personally VERY disappointed in Woot writers for missing an opportunity for a Fresh Prince parody...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

cathy726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathy726

I see why people may want to try inversion, but if you have a growth on your spine you really should clear it with your doctor.

localhero83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages localhero83

BE WARNED! I purchased one of these from WOOT last year.
The decompression element is great, but the rush of blood pressure to your head is not good. I used my inversion table for a few months. Later in the year I started getting flashes in my right eye vision, and then a blind spot in my right eye. I ended up with something called a retinal detachment. I had to have emergency eye surgery or I would be blind in my right eye. I now live with a scleral buckle sutured into my right eye.
My ophthalmologist thinks there is a direct link. He said the detachment could be a direct result of myopia in the eye (near sightedness) combined with continuous raised pressure in my head from the rush of blood. After my surgery in late October, my prescription is changed dramatically in the right eye, and I am told I am at risk of having a detachment in my left eye as well. I also have to avoid doing things that raise blood pressure, or activities that involve jerky movements. (Sports, running, etc). I am very athletic, and this has changed my life ENTIRELY. To this day I'm not 100% sure that the inversion table aided in my detachment, but my ophthalmologist tells me there's a strong chance that it could have. Please ask your doctor/trainer/eye doctor about a correlation between inversion tables and retinal detachment.

tnpete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnpete

WHERE do you get this retail price of $430 Woot?!?!?!?!? C'mon. You're better than that. I just bought one of these a week ago (yeah...dangit!!!) and it's $299 on the Teeter site. Is Amazon clouding your vision? Stay true and honest like the old days puhleeeeze???

whyellow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyellow

For $15 more dollars you can get a "blemished" one on the teeter hang ups site with the pressure point accssesories, a lumbar accessory, a dvd for core & back that has 5 10-20 minute exercises & fast shipping. Tha's what I did.

whyellow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyellow
tnpete wrote:WHERE do you get this retail price of $430 Woot?!?!?!?!? C'mon. You're better than that. I just bought one of these a week ago (yeah...dangit!!!) and it's $299 on the Teeter site. Is Amazon clouding your vision? Stay true and honest like the old days puhleeeeze???

BINGO!

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999
tnpete wrote:WHERE do you get this retail price of $430 Woot?!?!?!?!? C'mon. You're better than that. I just bought one of these a week ago (yeah...dangit!!!) and it's $299 on the Teeter site. Is Amazon clouding your vision? Stay true and honest like the old days puhleeeeze???

I wanted to ask the same thing!!!

The link posted earlier gives the $299 deal with all the accessories as well... Should be marked down! NO?

link: https://www.teetertv.com/

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
DoubleBowmore17 wrote:I am in my forties, in good health and reasonable shape, and have no cardiovascular problems. I have an inversion table (not a Teeter) that I bought seeking relief for occasional severe back pain related to a herniated disc. My thought was that elongating the spine would decompress the discs and temporarily relieve pain, and also possibly help to speed healing. I found that while I did get some pain relief while inverted, and felt a good stretch in the hips and lower back, I could not tolerate the sensation of blood pressure in my head. My face would turn red and swell, and my eyes would bulge. I felt like I would surely break a blood vessel in my head and die. While I never did (obviously), I stopped using it because of this. I could use the table comfortably if I kept the inversion angle at or near 45 degrees, but I did not feel like I was elongating my spine unless I fully inverted (to 80-90 degrees). As a child I used to hang upside down with my legs bent over tree branches all the time, and I don't remember being bothered by the pressure sensation, so perhaps this won't be a problem for younger folks. As an alternative, there are "traction" devices (like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSuXrzZEn4) that purport to achieve spine elongation while lying horizontal, but I have not tried them.

I have one of those traction devices for my neck...it's crap and doesn't help nearly as much as my teeter!