skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

That owl reminds me of the hooters owl.

golncor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor
Charitwo wrote:end of this month's worst woot off ever, folks

I thought it was pretty good, I missed a few items I would have bought cuz I was away from my desk when they were presented.

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore

I spent more on this wootoff than any other I think, because of free shipping...........it's the devil.

When do we get to buy souls?

golncor

pauly1206 wrote:Wow, I think we have all come to expect no Big Office Cubicles but really? This sure was a boring Woot-Off. IMO, less and less people are even coming to these any more.

you have no clue how many people are watching woot-offs. Not everybody feels the need to be seen..

phishgirl3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phishgirl3

I only bought one of these green caped monkeys. Every time I bring my kids more monkeys, they look at me like I've lost my mind, so I will just get one for me. :P

Take that kids! *shakes fist*

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

this was the worst woot-off ever. I missed the first day coming back from vacation and the second day I had to catch up with work. bah

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
ch3fdan wrote:Maybe you're all too quick to assume the end, then again, maybe not.

When the woot monkeys show up on the main woot site, it's over.

It ain't over til the woot monkey screams!

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

And the monkey screamed: "Baacon"

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

connorbush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

All good things in moderation--even woot offs.

abigailsean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abigailsean

I miss the old woot offs

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr

Yes, I bought something in this woot-off. But damn, Woot (Amazon) bring back the traditional Bandolier of Carrots. That is what made the Woot-Off a compelling sales concept.

This is just boring.

golncor

messyt wrote:I bought some monkeys but i think i'm seriously never going to visit this site again and delete it from my favorites. The Batch of Copies is and was the only good thing about this site. Otherwise the deals are really not very good and i very rarely even check this site anymore, don't u guys agree? I actually hate this site. Thunderthighs, sorry but you neev to be the mediator and get the higher ups to put the bag out again. This sucks.... What a bull paycheck site now. Hate it

I dont agree... apparently you don't feel that the deals they offer are good enough for you so deleting your bookmark for woot is the right thing to do for you.
I have seen many great deals..
cya....

smralis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smralis

Damn... was hoping for a refurb.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Hopefully someone will see this among the butthurtery of Big Office Cubicles, but I was wondering, anyone has ever tried washing their screaming woot monkeys? I have a couple already and one of them is kind of gross from baby drool, is there a way to wash it without ruining the screamer?

NorthDallasForty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NorthDallasForty
codplaya4life wrote:I miss the days when large amounts of *crap* were boxed and sold

I'd settle for less refurbished items.

mj3141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mj3141

What are the "big office cubicles"?

benmason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benmason

I think the sad thing about this woot off is that I didn't even get a chance to look at it. I am subscribed to woots daily emails, but just received news of a woot off at 2pm pst. By that time it was a day or so in so I thought it was not even worth it. I was looking back on the past 2 day emails and saw that I didn't receive one these past 2 days. I wonder if it was a presidents day glitch or if woot is losing it. EIther way I am probably not the only one.

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

Woot offs are still fun because they continue to offer good deals, but I am starting to hate them because they no longer offer B0Cs...

The B0C was the entire reason why most of would compulsively check this site during woot offs. When that is taken away from us we lose the drive to check out every deal.

mj3141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mj3141
sinsemilla wrote:Woot offs are still fun because they continue to offer good deals, but I am starting to hate them because they no longer offer B0Cs...

The B0C was the entire reason why most of would compulsively check this site during woot offs. When that is taken away from us we lose the drive to check out every deal.

please explain what this (Big Office Cubicles is. Thanks.

fnffishcore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fnffishcore

It's bad enough they keep selling those horrendous Remington "King of Shaves" razors, but I could deal with that. But no more Satchels O' Doodoo!?!? I can pretty much erase the Woot empire from my life now.

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt

Nah, sorry bud, your dead wrong. If you don't understand that woot sells items that are way outdated for more then they are worth and the " good deals" you think are good deals are actually refurbs not worth what it is new, you're a complete Milton. The ONLy thing that was unique was the rc car, otherwise junk at inflated rates. Woot is your classic, bait and switch site. Greed always leads to demise. Woot.rome.com = fall and burn you failures. I WILL ruin your business soon. do not underestimate you true dedicated Batch of Copies followers. Abandoning that business strategy opens the vault to a genious who will conquer and delete an enterprise. I warn you!

me

golncor wrote:I dont agree... apparently you don't feel that the deals they offer are good enough for you so deleting your bookmark for woot is the right thing to do for you.
I have seen many great deals..
cya....

Jonas4321

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jonas4321
k4th3r1n3 wrote:Hopefully someone will see this among the butthurtery of Big Office Cubicles, but I was wondering, anyone has ever tried washing their screaming woot monkeys? I have a couple already and one of them is kind of gross from baby drool, is there a way to wash it without ruining the screamer?

Try baby wipes. I would NOT immerse it.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

thejavagoddess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thejavagoddess
smralis wrote:Damn... was hoping for a refurb.

You mean to tell me they have refurb Screaming Monkeys?
Double Damn

My name is actually Shannon. Someone beat me to the username race so I'm using an alias. Duh.

twojs1b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twojs1b

These monkeys are going to show up at the dollar store. Am I the only wooter with six of these!

messyt

1,000,000% correct. Blacklist woot, amazon and anything that is affilitaed with these pigs just for starters. There are Always otherways to bring an empire to it's knees and the fuse has been lit. Pay attention in the next few weeks, you will see.

sinsemilla wrote:Woot offs are still fun because they continue to offer good deals, but I am starting to hate them because they no longer offer B0Cs...

orlbnlfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orlbnlfan

and when did the Monkeys go up to $3.99? what a rip!

glb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glb

What ever happen to the Batch of Copies for a buck....off the subject,but whatever happen to 2 for Tuesdays?....

fnffishcore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fnffishcore
mj3141 wrote:please explain what this (Big Office Cubicles is. Thanks.

A brief explanation: http://www.bagsofcrap.com/wiki/id,bags_of_crap/

unusualpsycho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unusualpsycho

I have to agree with some people here. Woot has changed too much. The deals used to be priced better and more interesting with a large mixture of good items and bizarre junk. Now it seems like the same items over and over, the expansion of all the different sites is now a joke (anyone else remember the good old days when it was a huge deal that Wine Woot arrived?), and prices have definitely gone up. The screaming monkey was frequently the close to a woot-off and I bought many of them. $1.99 was a good price. Double that price now and it really isn't a good deal. I'll continue to check the site, but the interest has died.

Kavat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kavat

AWoot off with no bags?!?!!!!!! Waddams Threatens Fire

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker
mj3141 wrote:What are the "big office cubicles"?

It's a euphemism for the Big Office Cubicles (Batch of Copies) that Woot used to offer at least once during a Woot-Off. It was a random assortment of "crap" that you would not know what it was until and if you were fortunate to get one before they were all sold out. Think of "mystery bag." The fun was in the hunt -- and in scoring a win. Often the servers would crash because for many of us, acquiring a Batch of Copies, was an achievement to be proud of. When offered during a Woot-off, there were literally thousands that were sold. I was able to "land" one once. I can't tell you anymore what was in it, but I can tell you that I got one -- and that right there sums it up. Anyhow, fellow Wooters have been pretty creative in coming up with alternate name of the B.of.C. Perhaps you can think of your own in case Woot resurrects them for a future Woot-off as a gesture of goodwill to many loyal followers who have become dismayed in recent months.

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
orlbnlfan wrote:and when did the Monkeys go up to $3.99? what a rip!

A few months ago. For a while Woot! was selling plastic-nosed masked imitation pseudo monkeys that looked more like mishapen teddy bears because manufacturing costs on the real monkeys had gone up. The rather unmuted and negative response to the lesser 'monkey' motivated the return of the real thing, but higher costs passed along in spades.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

enigmatic1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmatic1

No Batch of Copies......? Damit

messyt

Thanks for his info. It definitely makes me feel like i didnt just waste my money. i bought 3 but asked myself, why do i stiil support these pigs?

duodec wrote:A few months ago. For a while Woot! was selling plastic-nosed masked imitation pseudo monkeys that looked more like mishapen teddy bears because manufacturing costs on the real monkeys had gone up. The rather unmuted and negative response to the lesser 'monkey' motivated the return of the real thing, but higher costs passed along in spades.

cheesefood

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cheesefood

Tell me more about how you're done with Woot. In fact, write a long statement about it at 4pm EST during the next Wootoff.

Some of us check Woot every day for years and always think it's poopoo. I've bought like 10 things in 6 years. I've gotten 4 Bags of Cannabis and they were mostly schwag.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

p1800nut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages p1800nut
enigmatic1 wrote:No Batch of Copies......? Damit

This whole Woot-Off was a Batch of Copies! Pathetic....and boring. I can't believe how the comments have fallen off--they used to be as much fun as some (most?) of the items.

I predict the death of Woot is nigh.

messyt

Guys i did a special b of stuff on ebay on new years. If anyone is interested in me throwing another one together, send me a msg and i'll send u guys the link when i list it within the next few days. It isn't my ultimate strategy to aquire Woot/Amazon then fire the entire staff. That strategy is a few years in the making, but boy it's going to be satisfying to put all those pigs out of work. Don't believe me? Oh boy, it's going to be bigger than anything you've seen and I hit Very hard!

messyt

Wasn't it at least fun though? It aint even fun no mo b- plug.

cheesefood wrote:Tell me more about how you're done with Woot. In fact, write a long statement about it at 4pm EST during the next Wootoff.

Some of us check Woot every day for years and always think it's poopoo. I've bought like 10 things in 6 years. I've gotten 4 Bags of Cannabis and they were mostly schwag.

dgray77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgray77
CatCK wrote:There hasn't been a Big Office Cubicles during a Woot-off for a long time. I think they got tired of having their servers crash.

Either that, or the bosses @ amazon hated selling stuff so cheap, it was like giving it away.

robert9901

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robert9901

Yeah, I agree that this site has definitely gone down hill since Amazon took over. I love amazon usually, but its ruined woot.
I only come to this site still to check out the deals website, which is great (but that is all user-generated too). Its sad that the 2 for Tuesdays are gone and no Big Office Cubicles.