mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

Samsung makes a great TV.. They have quality panels and have good reliability..
However.... This is kind of pricey for a 32 inch.. Maybe worth it to some who like the gimmicky 3D.. 3D on a screen this size seems like a waste... IMO...

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln

From woot's specs:

"Clear Motion Rate: 200/240Hz"

This is confusing.

This is what's on Samsung's site too from a link posted above, but for a 240hz tv, that would seem to be a really slow CMR. 240hz seem to have CMRs over 700, 120hz have CMRs over 200. Not sure what happened here.

This would seem to be more a 120hz tv than a 240, though I may be interpreting things wrong.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090

Kind of confused by this offering. If you are going to buy a 3D TV (which personally I still think is gimmicky) would this not be more suited for like a home theater type environment in your house? Who would use a 32" TV for a home theater when the price of a 60" TV's start at like $800? If you just needed a 32" TV in like a living room or bedroom you don't need 3D and the clear motion rate thing at 240hz is really not going to give you that much advantage on a 32" screen.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thebesthereis wrote:Thunder (or anybody else at WOOT), if I wanted to order this but delay shipping so that I could receive it at a later date, could I do that? Would WOOT honor that request?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, we can't hold shipping. Best bet would be to ship it to a family member or friend.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

alderei

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alderei
geo8rge wrote:Does anyone who owns a 3D tv regularly use that feature? Just wondering? I rarely watch TV at all these days, so putting on glasses seems like a burden. On the other hand I can see 3D being big with children.

I have a Samsung 3D Plasma, and I do not regularly use the 3D function. You lose resolution (from what I've read) unless you watch full Blu-Ray 3D discs. So your gorgeous picture drops in clarity and then looks dimmer when you convert a 2D show to 3D. There is also the problem of limited content availablity. Unless you are going to by discs, you will not be using the feature. You can get some 3D from OnDemand services, but usually lower resolution stuff.

That said, I never been wowed by a gimmick like 3D except when I sat with my children and watch the Polar Express in blu-ray 3D. The difference is incredible and the effects are amazing. Not so many pop-out effects, but the depth of field is so much more alive and clear.

dalealewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalealewis
wouwolve wrote:A TV on Woot?? I'm shocked!

why is the warranty say Woot and not Samsung if it is a brand new unit ?

gak0090

dalealewis wrote:why is the warranty say Woot and not Samsung if it is a brand new unit ?

Woot now owns Samsung.

tomh922

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tomh922

About the price, check your Sunday flyers. For a 1080 32" this is a good price and it's Samsung. The "less expensive" 32" are different (off) brands and all 720. Pays your money, takes your choice.

MattMan808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MattMan808

Something is not right here... Model UN32EH6030 does not exist anywhere else, including Samsung's own website ... and my UN32EH5300 which is not 3D is still priced at $447+ at 15+ stores. I have a hard time believing that this is a truly a Samsung TV

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
luke975 wrote:wow thats funny. not everybody needs to watch a movie with those dumb looking glasses.

You do know that you don't need glasses to watch this TV you only need the glasses when watching a 3D movie.I don't think anyone would only watch 3D movies but for the few extra dollars why not have that option. I have a 32" 3D passive Tv in my home office and I love that option,I will not buy another HD TV without 3D.

Also if you're dumb looking you can blame the glasses so that's a plus

clwade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clwade
oneandonlyjackschitt wrote:I feel stupid for this, but would this monitor work well as a gaming monitor? I'm interested in 1920x1080 @120hz refresh (not 3d, just super smooth motion while gaming).

The video card I'm using is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti which advertises 3d. Will the 3d work with this monitor? Can I get 120hz in non-3d?

From manual:

Display Modes (HDMI/DVI Input)
Optimal resolution is 1920 x 1080@60Hz

Smeagol150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
dickrourke wrote:I seem to have missed whether the glasses that come with it are active or passive. OR, is 3d on this TV active or passive?

And why don't they say in the specs or general description?

OR did I indeed miss it?

Puzzled without coffee,

Samsung E series TVs all use active 3d. The glasses coming with it are battery-powered and are not rechargeable. They use one CR2032 which in my experience gives about 35 hours of battery life.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
luke975 wrote:ehh. 3d is a gimmick that will pass. $380 is a stretch for a 32 in my opinion.

People who do not own a 3D tv say this. I have one - it is awesome! My parents laughed at me when I bought it. Then they came to visit me and we all watched Puss n Boots 3D with my daughter. My dad wants one now (but bigger than mine, of course >.>)

ashli143

starmanbackwards wrote:Dont get their blu ray!!! youll be sorry like i am.

Oh, Magilla Gorilla!, me too!! I gave away my samsung bluray (can't remember the model number) it kept over heating and would cut off halfway during a movie sometimes. Also, the screen output became shaky if I watched netflix too long. My sister has it now with no problems, but I'm guessing she used it less than I did. I just use my PS3 now.

pikabud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pikabud
geo8rge wrote:Does anyone who owns a 3D tv regularly use that feature? Just wondering? I rarely watch TV at all these days, so putting on glasses seems like a burden. On the other hand I can see 3D being big with children.

I don't use it for TV watching, because I don't have directTV, but I do use it for most of my movie watching and for playing some games that support it. I'd say 3D gets used about 40% of the time my TV is on. If it's an option, I use it.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
nanaejt wrote:You do know that you don't need glasses to watch this TV you only need the glasses when watching a 3D movie.I don't think anyone would only watch 3D movies but for the few extra dollars why not have that option. I have a 32" 3D passive Tv in my home office and I love that option,I will not buy another HD TV without 3D.

Also if you're dumb looking you can blame the glasses so that's a plus

right. The only thing I said initially was that 3d was a gimmick. which several other people after me posted also. Yeah it's a fad that will pass. unless you're 3 and like to think you're actually petting the dog on tv.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

gak0090

tomh922 wrote:About the price, check your Sunday flyers. For a 1080 32" this is a good price and it's Samsung. The "less expensive" 32" are different (off) brands and all 720. Pays your money, takes your choice.

http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-UW40T2BW-40-Inch-1080p-120HZ/dp/B009EOJKEU $370
Westinghouse - 40" Class (40" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV

This TV is 56.2% larger viewing area. This is 1080P and 120Hz (which is adequate by most standards) and LED. Go ahead and make fun that it is "Westinghouse", but if you look around the Web you will see that this TV has lots of good reviews.

ashli143

I own a LG LED 3d tv 47in and I use the 3d aspect probably 20% of the time. This will change soon since Netflix is now offering 3d content. I absolutely LOVE my tv. Unlike what one poster previously said (someone with a plasma 3d) the clarity in 3d is outstanding. I have a passive (which I prefer, no headaches + cheap glasses = win!). I also have a ps3 so I can play 3d games with my daughter and watch 3d movies. I LOVE 3d movies on my tv and I especially love DreamWorks movies since they seem to do a better job with 3d than anyone else. I love my passive 3d so much so that I probably won't buy another tv unless it has this feature.

gak0090

I'll go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking... Is there any Adult content available for 3D...this could change my whole perspective.

ashli143

luke975 wrote:right. The only thing I said initially was that 3d was a gimmick. which several other people after me posted also. Yeah it's a fad that will pass. unless you're 3 and like to think you're actually petting the dog on tv.

That's your opinion (I really don't want to start an argument - no good with confrontation). There was also others who claim to like the 3d option. I love my 3d tv, and yeah I am kind of childish. My daughter and I have a blast with it. Also, if you're playing games and drinking with your buddies its pretty awesome. I personally would not recommend an active 3d, but maybe look at a passive 3d in the future (maybe...). I'm sure you would prefer this over the thick glasses of the active.

I just read Green Eggs and Ham with my daughter last night... I'm kinda feeling like Sam-I-Am... try it, come on, you'll like it!

ashli143

gak0090 wrote:I'll go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking... Is there any Adult content available for 3D...this could change my whole perspective.

Yes, but I know this ONLY because I went to Amazon looking for 3d blu rays with no clear title search. The possibilities are endless. I'm a girl so I see myself in 3d all the time, don't really need to buy the movies :p

ugadog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ugadog

My mom loves her big LG passive 3D. It came with like 12 pairs of glasses and every time a new 'kids 3D movie' comes out we all go down to her house and watch it together and have a movie night. The kids look forward to it. I think in the next week or two we are going to go watch 'Wreck it Ralph'. So in my opinion, the 3D is for special occasions, not daily use, and like I said, she loves it.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
ashli143 wrote:That's your opinion (I really don't want to start an argument - no good with confrontation). There was also others who claim to like the 3d option. I love my 3d tv, and yeah I am kind of childish. My daughter and I have a blast with it. Also, if you're playing games and drinking with your buddies its pretty awesome. I personally would not recommend an active 3d, but maybe look at a passive 3d in the future (maybe...). I'm sure you would prefer this over the thick glasses of the active.

I just read Green Eggs and Ham with my daughter last night... I'm kinda feeling like Sam-I-Am... try it, come on, you'll like it!

lol. that's cool. to each their own. just think it's expensive for a feature I don't thinks important. and I like dr seuss too, he has a few things at universal orlando.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

vagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagel

Here's a comparison with the US 40" version. Specs should really be similar.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH6030FXZA?

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH6030FXZA-specs

Native Resolution 1,920 x 1,080
Resolution 1080p
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 5,000,000:1
Clear Motion Rate 240

As for the Clear Motion Rate of 240, beware that is a clever marketing term and not specifically the refresh rate.

Clear Motion Rate of 240
Experience sharp picture quality, even when you are watching fast-moving images like sports or action movies. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well a LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. A CMR of 240 - 480 takes motion-clarity to the next level. LED TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with even sharper detail and deeper levels of contrast while eliminating image distortion.

tp546

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tp546
deeluxx wrote:"Enjoy a greater level of home entertainment realism than ever before. Thanks to a resolution twice as high as standard HDTVs..."

??? standard HDTV's are 1080p, this is 1080p. To be 'twice the resolution' it'd basically have to be a 4K tv, which it isn't, because no one makes them.

Wrong - standard HD is 720p, full HD is 1080p.

gak0090

ashli143 wrote:Yes, but I know this ONLY because I went to Amazon looking for 3d blu rays with no clear title search. The possibilities are endless. I'm a girl so I see myself in 3d all the time, don't really need to buy the movies :p

Wow...that's the way to answer a question!

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I'v got the non 3d 40" of this TV, I think... Works fine for me.

Just be aware that WIFI isn't built in, you need a Samsung USB dongle to access the internet wirelessly. However, there are other dongles with the same chipset that work for much less, I think mine is Rosewill. Samsung standardized the wifi dongle to make it easier on customer service across their wifi enabled devices.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Keep it classy, Wooters. No trolling. No meanie poopyheads.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I believe the non-Samsung WIFI dongle (ie: cheaper) is the "Rosewill RNX-N1 dongle."

Info here:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-379558/samsung-wireless-lan-adapter/

It seems to be out of production so may need to hunt some. Looks like it's $21+. Also, I think it is this SPECIFIC dongle that works, not all Rosewill. See the link for more info/headaches.

priestmarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages priestmarx

I use my 3D at least about 3 times a week. If makes up about 30 percent of my tv/gaming viewing. I can't get enough of it and I hope y doesn't fade away. The only 3D channel in have is ESPN 3D but I have a lot of 3D movies. I have people over about once or twice a month for watch parties. The glasses i have are passive, so I do sometimes forget they are there. I can't personally speak on Samsung glasses/active 3D

priestMarX

nevets86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nevets86
oneandonlyjackschitt wrote:I feel stupid for this, but would this monitor work well as a gaming monitor? I'm interested in 1920x1080 @120hz refresh (not 3d, just super smooth motion while gaming).

The video card I'm using is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti which advertises 3d. Will the 3d work with this monitor? Can I get 120hz in non-3d?

If you're looking for a more budget friendly gaming option, the ASUS VG248QE is honestly a way better choice (assuming you don't mind the size drop of a 24" monitor compared to using a 32" TV :P).

144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and the colors look great (albeit they did take me a bit to get them calibrated and looking proper, the only downside I've found with the monitor.) I'm running it on a GTX 460 without any problems, so your 550 Ti should do just about the same considering the 550 Ti and the 460's run right next to eachother performance wise.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Was just chatting with a co-worker and learned something new about 3D TVs that I didn't know.

He said that 3DTVs have a better and brighter picture when compared to their non 3D counterparts. Because of this, they're considered well suited to brighter rooms and rooms with glare.

To quote a TV review site: “If you want the best quality TV on the market, it will be a 3DTV–whether you want the 3D or not. Think of it as a feature you can use when you want to.”

HDTV Buying Guide 2012

FORUM MODERATOR

lotusflwr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotusflwr

Is there any way to confirm whether or not this TV is VESA compatible? I think the Samsung Brazil site says no, but the manual and some other sites say yes.

There appears to be a VESA-ish screw hole in the one input panel picture, but without a view of the back of the thing, I'm hesitant to assume.

I've been looking for a smaller 1080p TV for my bedroom, but if I can't put it on the articulating wall-mount I already have up, I'll have to keep looking.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lotusflwr wrote:Is there any way to confirm whether or not this TV is VESA compatible? I think the Samsung Brazil site says no, but the manual and some other sites say yes.

There appears to be a VESA-ish screw hole in the one input panel picture, but without a view of the back of the thing, I'm hesitant to assume.

I've been looking for a smaller 1080p TV for my bedroom, but if I can't put it on the articulating wall-mount I already have up, I'll have to keep looking.

Just went to take a look at the TV. It has 4 screw holes for VESA mounting. We didn't measure but I'd guess the 400x400 mount. They were pretty far apart.

FORUM MODERATOR

gak0090

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all. Was just chatting with a co-worker and learned something new about 3D TVs that I didn't know.

He said that 3DTVs have a better and brighter picture when compared to their non 3D counterparts. Because of this, they're considered well suited to brighter rooms and rooms with glare.

To quote a TV review site: “If you want the best quality TV on the market, it will be a 3DTV–whether you want the 3D or not. Think of it as a feature you can use when you want to.”

HDTV Buying Guide 2012

OK ThunderThighs, I can agree and disagree with you on this. I agree that the 3D TV's could potentially have a better picture in 2D, than the 2D models- but my explanation is a little more simplistic for the reasoning. 3D TV's is usually an option reserved for the high-end models. So if you compare this 3D TV to a cheaper 32" Samsung with less features it will/may appear better. If you compared this TV to another 2D samsung 32" with all the same features (240hz...), it should be indistinguishable.

Remember that when these TV's aren't sitting side by side you lose your frame of reference. So cheaper TV's will still look awesome to most people when there isn't a high-end one right next to it to compare it to.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gak0090 wrote:OK ThunderThighs, I can agree and disagree with you on this. I agree that the 3D TV's could potentially have a better picture in 2D, than the 2D models- but my explanation is a little more simplistic for the reasoning. 3D TV's is usually an option reserved for the high-end models. So if you compare this 3D TV to a cheaper 32" Samsung with less features it will/may appear better. If you compared this TV to another 2D samsung 32" with all the same features (240hz...), it should be indistinguishable.

Remember that when these TV's aren't sitting side by side you lose your frame of reference. So cheaper TV's will still look awesome to most people when there isn't a high-end one right next to it to compare it to.

Good counterpoints. Others?

FORUM MODERATOR

johnancyw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnancyw

This is our fourth Samsung HD tv. This will be our second one with 3D. Love the Wifi capabilities on Samsung and this along with our other three have it. Great buy, no tax and $5 shipping make it a to good an opportunity to pass up. Predict a sellout fairly quickly on this super offer. Retired and enjoying FL. biggerjohn

lotusflwr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotusflwr
ThunderThighs wrote:Just went to take a look at the TV. It has 4 screw holes for VESA mounting. We didn't measure but I'd guess the 400x400 mount. They were pretty far apart.

Thanks, TT! In for one, then! :D

thomasr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thomasr

FWIW, I have 4 SAMSUNG LCD TVs. I also have a large Toshiba and had a Sony I returned to Costco because it sucked big time. I prefer the SAMSUNG to all others I have owned or tried to own (Sony above). I have confidently recommended SAMSUNG to friends and relatives and got good feedback from those who got them. I went SAMSUNG based on the recommendations of Costco staff with whom I had become friendly over the years. Both had bought SAMSUNGs based on returns they were seeing for other brands, etc. They were right IMO :-)

ifonlyunu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifonlyunu
traceactions wrote:The brazilian walmart site lists the response time at 6ms and 3 million to 1 contract ratio.
http://www.walmart.com.br/produto/Eletronicos/TV-LCD-LED/Samsung/345784-Tv-LED-32---UN32EH6030GXZD-Samsung

And from the samsung site, it does not support VESA.
http://www.samsung.com/ar/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/3d-tv/UN32EH6030GCTC-spec

I understand that the CMR is 200/240; However what is the Hz rate?