lemonflavor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonflavor

I saw this on Groupon and read about the "protein blend" stuff, which puts up a red flag for me, since I just want whey protein. I think this review is the best one I've seen.

http://www.johnphung.com/product-reviews/4585/muscletech-phase8-review/

This deal is repeated so often in different places that I almost think this is the regular price of the product, and the higher price is just markup to make up for it a little. That's just a guess.

apallohadas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages apallohadas

I went in for 2.

My stance: I'm looking for solubility, taste, and digestive side effects. At the end of the day, that's what's going to help you stick with any supplement.

I've tried very expensive supplements with good results, but tasted like I licked a camel's arse. Cheap supplements that cause 'digestive distress'. Preworkout garbage that made me feel like my heart was about to explode (That UFC branded crap), and lastly MuscleTech products. Experimented with them in the past and they did pretty well by my requirements.

For me, if this is up there with EAS and other MuscleTech products in terms of those 3 factors, than it's win win. If not, I didn't spend too much on the experiment.

I bought a bunch of stuff and all I have left is this not-very-witty signature.

sloth944

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sloth944

Consumer Reports ran lab tests that found these products contained arsenic, cadmium, and lead.

Most nutritionists recommend staying away from processed foods like this by shopping the outside of the supermarket.

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth

They also contain artificial sweetners, a gut grenade for me and lots of other folks. No thanks.

rikset2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rikset2000

Just because something isn't regulated, doesn't mean it's not effective or safe. Many companies either don't have the revenue or the desire to get the FDA involved. Phase8 is a great protein drink and I would find it suitable as a protein supplement for children. Just don't use it to replace real foods.

rikset2000

sloth944 wrote:Consumer Reports ran lab tests that found these products contained arsenic, cadmium, and lead.

Most nutritionists recommend staying away from processed foods like this by shopping the outside of the supermarket.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

rikset2000

There are a lot of paranoid comments on here made to scare you. I have been using Phase8 for a while, as well as a Whey Isolate immediately after my workout. I think Phase8 is the best tasting protein powder out there. All these comments claiming Phase8, as well as other protein powders being unsafe, is unfounded and misleading. There is a science behind this stuff and if you work out, a protein powder is the only way to get enough protein in for the day. Don't listen to the people who claim it's unsafe. This is their theory based on their own agenda.

rikset2000

apallohadas wrote:I went in for 2.

My stance: I'm looking for solubility, taste, and digestive side effects. At the end of the day, that's what's going to help you stick with any supplement.

I've tried very expensive supplements with good results, but tasted like I licked a camel's arse. Cheap supplements that cause 'digestive distress'. Preworkout garbage that made me feel like my heart was about to explode (That UFC branded crap), and lastly MuscleTech products. Experimented with them in the past and they did pretty well by my requirements.

For me, if this is up there with EAS and other MuscleTech products in terms of those 3 factors, than it's win win. If not, I didn't spend too much on the experiment.

You won't be disappointed with the taste of Phase 8. It's real good. I do recommend mixing it with skim milk, as I never like water as the base with any powders.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Kraus247 wrote:Additional nutrition and you're giving him garbage. Milk, cream (no nutritional value) and instant breakfast (complete garbage)

I'm not sold on this protein because of the protein "blend". I would stick with a product that is NSF certified so you know it doesn't contain any shady ingredients or impurities.

And the FDA is a joke, there are many independent labs that verify the ingredients and potency of dietary supplements. I'll post more details later.

Milk, cream (no nutritional value)?????

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Soy protein, whey, powdered milk, some strawberry jam are all found in food co-ops, etc. Add a blender and make it yourself if you are worried about ingredients. Save money too!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

sloth944

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sloth944
rikset2000 wrote:you have no idea what you are talking about.

Heh, Consumer Reports is an independent test lab that accepts no advertisement. Read the report or don't read it. Doesn't matter to me. Report 4/8

wootscootboogey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootscootboogey
sloth944 wrote:Heh, Consumer Reports is an independent test lab that accepts no advertisement. Read the report or don't read it. Doesn't matter to me. Report 4/8

Wow! Thanks for that.

enforcerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enforcerman

I love this stuff. I bought it last time around and picked up some more now.

The powder is ultra fine and mixes easily with a spoon. I find it mixes well with both milk and water. It actually creates almost a foamy-like, smoothie texture.

The strawberry flavor tastes great. I'd put this up there with Muscle Milk as far as taste goes.

Its a nice blend of protein with caseinate and whey. As I understand, whey is your quick absorb protein and casein protein absorbs over time. This is good for supplying protein during fasting periods ie overnight so that your worked out muscles don't go into catabolic (break down) modes.

Relatively low carb at 7g per serving.

I know people like to make things complicated but if you lift hard and supply yourself with enough protein, whether by diet or supplement, you're going to get results.

apallohadas

rikset2000 wrote:You won't be disappointed with the taste of Phase 8. It's real good. I do recommend mixing it with skim milk, as I never like water as the base with any powders.

Yeah I use 2%. Skim just doesn't do it for me

apallohadas

sloth944 wrote:Consumer Reports ran lab tests that found these products contained arsenic, cadmium, and lead.

The complete vagueness of your reply leads me to think that either you're a bot or you pulled a cut and paste from a review of Hot Dogs.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Prove us wrong with some credible links and a tie to the products in question.

Found more data on your Consumer Report.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/whats-in-your-protein-drink/index.htm

The product they tested is not the product we're discussing. They tested 15 products and the only MuscleTech product was the Nitro Pro Series. I don't think Phase 8 even existed back then.

ksauce808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksauce808

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation yet? It's been almost a week now and my order still hasn't been shipped...

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ksauce808 wrote:Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation yet? It's been almost a week now and my order still hasn't been shipped...

We usually ship things out within 3-8 business days. I don't see any issues with your order, but check in with support next week if you still don't get tracking then, you can email into support@woot.com.

ashokjampana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashokjampana

Hey guys. I did not get my product yet. Who do I contact about this problem? I know it is 3-8 business days but I did not even get a tracking number yet.

agingdragqueen

Staff

ashokjampana wrote:Hey guys. I did not get my product yet. Who do I contact about this problem? I know it is 3-8 business days but I did not even get a tracking number yet.

I'm very sorry about that, please email into support@woot.com so we can figure out what's up with your order.

ksauce808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksauce808

Well emailing support got me no where. All they told me is its all on the vendor. :/

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ksauce808 wrote:Well emailing support got me no where. All they told me is its call on the vendor. :/

If you contacted MuscleTech and haven't received any assistance, please feel free to email back into support@woot.com and let them know.

I've also forwarded your post along to Woot Member Services to see if they can provide a solution.

Thanks for your continued patience during this matter.

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
ashokjampana wrote:Hey guys. I did not get my product yet. Who do I contact about this problem? I know it is 3-8 business days but I did not even get a tracking number yet.

I contacted Woot a few days back as this delay is very unusual for Woot. The response was to wait until tomorrow (3/5) for a possible update.....for some reason I am suspecting the vendor will not honor this sale. giving Woot a bad name (or maybe Woot didn't secured enough product to comply with this sale, starting the "blaming game") Just my opinion as I am not having a grudge against Woot.

hondac95

Has anyone gotten a confirmation yet? Today marks the 8th business day and yet no tracking confirmation.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hondac95 wrote:Has anyone gotten a confirmation yet? Today marks the 8th business day and yet no tracking confirmation.

If you havenm't received any confirmation email/tracking please write into support@woot.com and they should be able to let you know what's goin on.

hondac95

ROGETRAY wrote:If you havenm't received any confirmation email/tracking please write into support@woot.com and they should be able to let you know what's goin on.

Already did, although I do not believe I should be the one requesting information if in fact there is a problem with this order. I believe Woot should be proactive in informing its customers about any issues, especially since this is not an isolated incident as it is affecting everyone who purchased this product.

diverdan79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverdan79

Going on 12 days and no shipping info. Woot, you are slacking of a bit to much lately. I just emailed support for information. I am still a loyal fan, but my last few orders have taken forever to get.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hey all, we're looking into the shipping info and I apologize this has been taking so long. It seems like the root cause is just that we have not yet received all the tracking information from our vendor, but these have indeed shipped (to our knowledge).

diverdan79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverdan79

My package was delivered 1 hour ago, and 5 mins ago I got my shipping notification.

alphabasic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alphabasic

I still haven't even received my tracking information yet. I normally would be more patient, but this stuff expires.

agingdragqueen

Staff

alphabasic wrote:I still haven't even received my tracking information yet. I normally would be more patient, but this stuff expires.

I'm really sorry, I'm not seeing any hidden tracking numbers or info on why your order hasn't shipped, have you already emailed into support@woot.com? They should be able to help you!