carlcampbelljr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carlcampbelljr
draigun wrote:These are on Woot sale already? lol.

And not really for a deal as Bell Telcom in Canada Already clearanced them out for $99 CAD

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Samsung-Galaxy-Gear-is-on-100-clearance-sale-at-Bell-Canada_id54020

chethammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chethammer
lwhardin wrote:Does anyone know if I can set the watch to vibrate when I receive a text or call and keep my phone on silent?

Also, can I still use bluetooth headset when the watch is active?

Yes to both. The vibrate feature is very nice when you want to be low key or are in a meeting and the headset will override the watch which you can actually talk through because it has a very good mic and speaker for its size.

mgbergman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgbergman
carlcampbelljr wrote:About a days usage. It will have to be charged nightly

I kind of disagree. I use it actively every day and when I recharge it at the end of the day, it usually has between 65-70% of the charge left. I think it can last two days...

scottjl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scottjl
kcunha11 wrote:if you didn't know, the Gear 2 releases this Friday

expect those on woot by x-mas!

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

I was just about to order one, but I just couldn't decide on a color. Oh well....

Bill

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vladistov wrote:I apologize.

I liked your picture. The comics came first.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greb22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greb22

These were on best buy about a week ago for $100 but they sold out also I think that day amazon had them for $160

ThunderThighs

Staff

billthegunowner wrote:I was just about to order one, but I just couldn't decide on a color. Oh well....

but.... uhm.... how do you pick your socks in the morning?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

macrhino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macrhino
apallohadas wrote:I have a Note 3 and don't seem to suffer as you say I should.

Must be a User error on your end.

Or you don't actually own a Samsung phone.

Or maybe someone is a Fanboi. I am a smartphone developer. I have several Samsung phones. And they all are filled with bloatware. Their "Samsung" software is barely functional. They have more problems than any other mainstream Android vendors I program to.

Maybe apallohadas has never owned anything other than a Samsung phone.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

The calculator watch of the 21st Century. I mean, really, look at it.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

I returned mine to Wal-mart.

The weather displayed isn't current.

To refresh it, you need to wake up, then refresh your phone. If you are going to do all of that, you may as well look at the phone screen (which you were already doing anyway).

GoodzMastaJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GoodzMastaJ

I have tiny, girly wrists. Is anyone going to make a smart watch with a sub-40mm case diameter? The Seiko I wear daily is 37mm and that's about as big as I can go without it looking ridiculous.

apallohadas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages apallohadas
macrhino wrote:Or maybe someone is a Fanboi. I am a smartphone developer. I have several Samsung phones. And they all are filled with bloatware. Their "Samsung" software is barely functional. They have more problems than any other mainstream Android vendors I program to.

Several Nokias, Two from the HTC One line, and now Two from the Note Line.

I suppose I'm a phone fanboi.

I'm sure that you're quite the 'developer' there with your self-admitted limited skill set.

Don't quit your day job.

I bought a bunch of stuff and all I have left is this not-very-witty signature.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi all and good morning.

Could you please focus on discussing the Smartwatch and less on dissing each other, name calling, etc.

okthnksbai

FORUM MODERATOR

adilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adilla
macrhino wrote:Or maybe someone is a Fanboi. I am a smartphone developer. I have several Samsung phones. And they all are filled with bloatware. Their "Samsung" software is barely functional. They have more problems than any other mainstream Android vendors I program to.

I think they just have confirmation bias which manifests itself in them calling your criticism 'user error.'

Touchwiz (and the other android skins) have typically added lag, bloat, and bugs to Android -- and although the Note 3 is better (due to better hardware) it is still (in this user's opinion) an abomination unto Android.

However, not everyone needs a Nexus butter experience and if it works for them that's fantastic!

I for one will be awaiting a sexy smartwatch that works across Android but is a bit more mature than the current market's offerings. Perhaps Pebble 3.0?

bbasbagi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbasbagi

Do these things work with cyanogenmod? What little information I could find says no even if you have it on a note 3.

Can you replace the band on this thing when it gets all beat up and smelly? What little information I could find says no, which is a shame considering the price of this thing.

kabn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabn

I remember seeing the initial ads for this and thinking I'd buy it as long as the price wasn't outlandish. I then had to double-check the official site because I didn't think they'd do something as foolish as locking it to just Samsung devices. Based on this thread, I wasn't the only one.

I'll be waiting for one of the new Android Wear devices, probably the Moto 360. However, if I owned a Samsung device and was on the fence about whether I wanted a smart watch, I'd probably pick this up.

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645
ugrasse2 wrote:They're shooting themselves in the foot again. Moto/Google are releasing Wear, and while the pebble sucks as of 2.0, it still runs the compatibility gamut. Meanwhile, no serious improvement in the Gear 2 over the Gear, and still only compatible with Samsung phones -- which are so bloated with add-on software, that a second screen is virtually a must. So sad.

I have a rooted S4, no issues with bloat on my phone.

I don't wear watches, so this isn't for me. I'd wear it if I was given one, but no way i'm buying one

demonhedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demonhedge
zoneman wrote:How long do these things realistically go between charges?

Mine gets 2 to 3 days, I have also rooted it and installed Nova launcher on it for, what I feel, is a better look.

mjregier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjregier

Best Buy has had these a lot on their "Daily Deal" lately. The other day, they had a refurbed one for 99.99, free shipping. Or, if you go to your local best buy and purchase it in store, you can actually put your tax dollars to work in your local community. Yea, you'll pay ~$10 in taxes, but no shipping that way. They also had a brand new one for 129.99 I believe.

Anyway. I'm not a BB sales rep I promise, just thinking there are better deals out there than this one. And if you wait 2 weeks, I know there will be better deals...

pilotnh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilotnh

I wear mine from 7 am to about 9 pm every day. When I look at the battery indicator, I've seen everything from 36% to 76% remaining. I charge it every night so I have yet to see how long it will go until discharged completely.

surveyah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surveyah

Well I pulled the trigger on a Mocha one, as I have been wanting one of these for along time now. VERY excited now and awaiting shipment. I will chime back in once i receive it and see how well it works.

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid

I think I'm the first Pebble fanboi to jump in here, so let me ask: For me, Pebble got it exactly right. I get the time and notifications and nothing else, because I haven't seen the need for anything else. (I don't use my phone to listen to music.) For someone in that situation, is there value here? Because I do love me a new toy, and I haven't bought anything on Woot in days, so I'm due.

So if anyone's using this for something more than time, notifications, and music, and loving the difference it makes for you, I'd love to hear that... thanks.

dirt1612

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirt1612

Are theses compatible with the Galaxy S5????

xxstatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxstatic

I have had mine since last year, the updates have helped the battery life which was my biggest complaint.
I have over a 7 inch wrist and on the last setting it is loose enough to get my index finger under the watchband , if I move one size smaller its tighter than I'd like.
I love getting notifications on it, hardly ever have to open my phone up (Note 3), the camera is decent and it's so quick to catch a snapshot on the fly, it take 15 second videos, I don't use the video much. If the OS goes to Tizen the battery life will get much better. I charge mine each night along with my phone...(who sleeps with a watch on?)...hope this helps...

xxstatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxstatic
dirt1612 wrote:Are theses compatible with the Galaxy S5????

I would assume yes as this will eventually be running the same OS as the new Gear line.

jpagemn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jpagemn
lwhardin wrote:Does anyone know if I can set the watch to vibrate when I receive a text or call and keep my phone on silent?

Also, can I still use bluetooth headset when the watch is active?

Yes, it will vibrate quite vigorously on your wrist, and your phone ringer is independent (meaning they can both be silent or one or the other)

It can be used with Bluetooth headsets or speakers while paired, as well.

When I had mine, I used it with headphones while running, and had my phone paired with it and the vehicle at the same time without issue.

I recently switched away from it, though, as I was growing bored of my Samsung phone, and didn't like the limited functionality and decreased battery life when rooted.

A lot of people are asking about battery life. I usually got through two days, but just barely, using the watch mostly as a push-notification device.

Ultimately, it has limited appeal beyond that, IMO, as it has very lousy running apps (or rather, very lousy control and usability of some great running apps) and without rooting, the app list is poor at best.

I am using a pebble right now and even though I miss the touch screen, I find it more usable and a better fit for my needs.

kcunha11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcunha11
groberts1980 wrote:Ah, but the difference is there is only one iOS phone, and that is the iPhone. In my opinion Samsung is being really stupid by making this Samsung compatible only instead of Android compatible. They should have made this compatible with any Android phone running version X.X or above.

http://bgr.com/2013/07/26/mobile-phone-market-share-q2-2013/

based on this article, as a whole Samsung has 3 times the marketshare of apple. it doesn't say how that breaks down by Samsung phone model, but I'm guessing there would still be more compatible Samsung phones than apple.

paulparr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulparr

New Galaxy Gear watch with many additional and useful features available under $200
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304819004579487393809401188?mod=djemptech_t&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304819004579487393809401188.html%3Fmod%3Ddjemptech_t

sierra1228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sierra1228

. I am lucky to get about 30 hours out of mine. However, I would consider myself a pretty heavy user as well, mine is pretty active most of the day.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

These won't be cool until you can strap one on without needing to charge it. Whether it be solar or motion generator (or both) combined with more efficient electronics to achieve this- people don't want to have another thing to charge. I already hate having to charge my phone/laptop/tablet. I wish there were a way to capture static electricity to charge those batteries, after all the damn shocks I got this winter - I could have jump started a car.

greb22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greb22
mjregier wrote:Best Buy has had these a lot on their "Daily Deal" lately. The other day, they had a refurbed one for 99.99, free shipping. Or, if you go to your local best buy and purchase it in store, you can actually put your tax dollars to work in your local community. Yea, you'll pay ~$10 in taxes, but no shipping that way. They also had a brand new one for 129.99 I believe.

Anyway. I'm not a BB sales rep I promise, just thinking there are better deals out there than this one. And if you wait 2 weeks, I know there will be better deals...

How do you know they are $129 in stores?

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

My fiancé bought this for me for Valentines Day. It makes for a fabulous gift for a loved one. The watch stays connected to your smart phone for a short distance, however, it is extremely convenient for phone calls and texts when you're busy and don't have time or energy to carry around your phone. I highly recommend this watch to busy mothers on the go. It tracks steps, has a convenient camera, and the watch is far from traditional. This is a great buy because you don't pay taxes.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

isacult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isacult
greb22 wrote:How do you know they are $129 in stores?

They are incorrect. They are not this price. Even the refurbed ones are $199.

leelkennedy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leelkennedy

Just want to add my two cents here: I bought one of these through Best Buy's $150 deal a few weeks back and ended up returning the thing.

It did not get Gmail/Facebook/Twitter/etc notifications, so was basically useless. When I called Samsung to get it fixed, not only did they not know it was supposed to get those updates, they had no protocol for how to fix it. They walked me through the standard "turn it off and on again" crap and it didn't work. I even sent it to their repair center to have them look at it and that didn't help.

Maybe I just had a funky experience, but it seems like Samsung pushed this device out very early and has little to no support for it.

leelkennedy.com

tpsully1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tpsully1

Does Apple have a watch for the Iphone?

xmichaelx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xmichaelx
ugrasse2 wrote: ...and still only compatible with Samsung phones -- which are so bloated with add-on software, that a second screen is virtually a must. So sad.

Second screen? If the 2 clicks to install Nova Launcher (or to just delete Samsung's widgets) are too difficult for you, stick with iOS.

oggusfoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oggusfoo

Last night you could only buy 1 & today it's 2. Last chance to really move and they didn't take off. If it were $100, maybe. But, considering a new one launches in 2 days, still probably not.

Also, still haven't rooted my Note 3 all because doing it to the galaxy s2 lost MHL connectivity. If that's supported then I'm in. Until then, it's updates and security vulnerabilities for programs I won't ever run.

zentango

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zentango
giant68 wrote:Anyone know the biggest wrist size this thing fits?

I'm 6' 8" and have trouble with watch bands not fitting comfortably

I have the same problem. I looked at these in the store when they first came out, even tried to put one on, but it didn't fit. I don't know what size it goes up to, but my wrist is 7-3/8 inches and it didn't work.

riprod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riprod

I just think it's funny these are on woot already. They should have waited for Apple to make it properly before knocking it off... lol.