Tom84

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tom84

Gosh, I bought the 32" and I convinced my mom to buy the 46" this morning, and I hope they're not terrible. No QAM? That means I can't tune cable channels? I didn't think the TVs were that old.

I guess I just want a clear answer: is it a big mistake? My goal is to play xbox/ps3/use my Raspberry Pi on my 32", and my mom wants to watch real cable TV on her 46". She doesn't have the digital stuff, I think CableOne basically requires the cable box for that.

ripan1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripan1981

cant see the 46 inch one is available...

monstereatbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monstereatbaby
agingdragqueen wrote:This one is done by someone else (which is why it's warrantied through us), it should be to the same standards as Samsung would. If it's something you're concerned about, SquareTrade is a fabulous extended warranty company- there's more info in the detail page about how much that would cost, etc.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm on the fence on these, reviews look pretty good. Does anyone have experience with woot-warrantied refurb TVs? What's the track record like?

Dhraco5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dhraco5

How long does it take to initiate shipping for a >50" TV? I am not asking about transit time - but actual time from order to arrival. I ordered a TV from the last TV offer over a week ago and it still hasn't been picked up by the freighter though my order status is set to "shipped". Processing time is not 3 - 5 days as stated on the product view.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Dhraco5 wrote:How long does it take to initiate shipping for a >50" TV? I am not asking about transit time - but actual time from order to arrival. I ordered a TV from the last TV offer over a week ago and it still hasn't been picked up by the freighter though my order status is set to "shipped". Processing time is not 3 - 5 days as stated on the product view.

Sorry to hear that you haven't received your order yet (or tracking).

You are correct, standard shipping is 3-5 business days.
More than likely the tracking email/information is delayed or experiencing complications.

I would highly recommend that you email into support@woot.com and inquire. They should be able to provide you tracking on your order and update you on the status.

cheet0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheet0
elricsfate wrote:The information provided by the previous poster is NOT correct.

These TV's all have a 60Hz refresh rate with 120hz "Clear Motion". This is primarily a marketing gimmick.

Take a look here

http://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

You're both right and wrong.

The 55" and 60" (NOT the 50") are 120Hz panels (120 Hz panel refresh rate), with a CMR (clear motion rate) of 240.

The others are 60Hz panels with a CMR of 120.

That cnet link you posted actually addresses this, and does NOT say all TVs are 60 Hz panels. Unfortunately, you usually have to research specific models to get the full story.

Of-course, anything outside of 60 Hz (actually 24Hz for most movies) is probably just an invention of the TV (it has to interpolate/insert the extra frames). That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, and 120Hz and 240Hz panels (yes, true 240Hz panels exist too) do have an advantage over 60Hz panels for displaying 24Hz video (it's an even multiple).

Now, if you're connecting the TV to a computer, some people have claimed to get certain TVs to accept a true 120Hz signal from the computer. I've never tried it. I'm skeptical that it actually works properly, simply because I don't think the TV manufacturer focuses on this, or even intended it to work, when making the TV. If you want a higher framerate monitor for your computer, just spend the money on a better monitor.

Wow, I got kinda off-topic. And I need to stop using so many parentheses.

kmartburrito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmartburrito
cheet0 wrote:You're both right and wrong.

The 55" and 60" (NOT the 50") are 120Hz panels (120 Hz panel refresh rate), with a CMR (clear motion rate) of 240.

The others are 60Hz panels with a CMR of 120.

That cnet link you posted actually addresses this, and does NOT say all TVs are 60 Hz panels. Unfortunately, you usually have to research specific models to get the full story.

Of-course, anything outside of 60 Hz (actually 24Hz for most movies) is probably just an invention of the TV (it has to interpolate/insert the extra frames). That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, and 120Hz and 240Hz panels (yes, true 240Hz panels exist too) do have an advantage over 60Hz panels for displaying 24Hz video (it's an even multiple).

Now, if you're connecting the TV to a computer, some people have claimed to get certain TVs to accept a true 120Hz signal from the computer. I've never tried it. I'm skeptical that it actually works properly, simply because I don't think the TV manufacturer focuses on this, or even intended it to work, when making the TV. If you want a higher framerate monitor for your computer, just spend the money on a better monitor.

Wow, I got kinda off-topic. And I need to stop using so many parentheses.

There is not yet a TV that "officially" takes a 120hz signal from a PC and can display it. There are some that do this as an undocumented feature, and are most of the time active 3d models. However, they also from what I've read have some decent input lag, so it might not be the most ideal for 120hz PC Gaming.

It might be a 120hz panel, but it CANNOT do 120hz gaming from a PC. The most it will display is 60hz, which equals 60fps.

Part of this reason is that 120fps worth of true input data requires a lot more bandwidth than the current specification of HDMI can handle. The panel would have to support either display port input, or dual link DVI to be able to support that amount of bandwidth for TRUE 120hz video.

All TVs do is use post processing to insert frames into the mix, and smooth the picture out that way. There's definitely a difference!

Source - 120hz PC gamer, and unofficial expert on the subject

thebridgemen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebridgemen

I purchased the Samsung UN55F6300AFXZA 55" 1080p LED Smart TV with Wi-Fi from Woot's "A massive pile of TV event" at the beginning of April. It was only $799 plus tax and shipping, $856 total. It was ordered on 3/29 and was delivered on 4/9...I think it was here even earlier, but I didn't call to arrange delivery until 4/8 (the "house phone" answering machine is essentially ignored at my place) The TV showed up in a heavy plain cardboard box, similar to non retail OEM computer equipment. The box was not damaged at all, the TV was in perfect condition, not a mark on it, it was well packaged and everything was there. I set it up, plugged it in and it immediately turned on and proceeded through its setup menu's, found and hooked up to my wireless internet and then proceeded to update its software which took about 15 minutes. It then restarted and was ready to rock. The picture was dark, but after reviewing the settings, it was set up that way. I reset the picture, made some adjustments to the sound...perfect. I have a 32" Samsung that is like 5 years old and always been impressed with Samsung's technology. This 55" is not a 3D model, but the depth of the picture is incredible...this is a nice TV..and for $856. There is nothing that even came close to this price on the internet for a 55" smart TV, and this is a newer 120hz model. I grow less and less fearful of buying refurbed stuff from Woot...this was a deal.

gala7516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gala7516

Did anyone else get a 7-digit tracking number that is linked to FedEx after ordering a 50"?

I called FedEx and they use 12-digit numbers. Am I confused somehow? What is going on?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gala7516 wrote:Did anyone else get a 7-digit tracking number that is linked to FedEx after ordering a 50"?

I called FedEx and they use 12-digit numbers. Am I confused somehow? What is going on?

TVs that are 50" or larger have to ship via Freight. Looks like these are shipping via Estes.

Estes site

Type your tracking number in the blue box on the right. There's also phone numbers there if you need to contact them.

Hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rmaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmaz

I just received the 46" model today that I had ordered. I unboxed it and plugged it in right away. However, the LCD appears to be totally beat up and cracked all over the placed (the front glass is undamaged). I just now submitted a support request to woot to see what can be done.

I'm guessing this was damaged during shipping by FedEx, but the box looks unharmed.

Bummer.

kmartburrito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmartburrito
rmaz wrote:I just received the 46" model today that I had ordered. I unboxed it and plugged it in right away. However, the LCD appears to be totally beat up and cracked all over the placed (the front glass is undamaged). I just now submitted a support request to woot to see what can be done.

I'm guessing this was damaged during shipping by FedEx, but the box looks unharmed.

Bummer.

Mine also (a 46) arrived with a busted panel but intact front glass. I noticed the box was rather close to the front glass when bringing it inside and that there was only Styrofoam on the ends, not supporting the box in the middle. Poor packaging and handling I'm guessing. Also put in a ticket, big bummer though!

lhemmingsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhemmingsen

Oh no, mine is being delivered today. Hope there is no issues. Fingers crossed.

lhemmingsen

Ok since everyone seems to be posting only negative experiences. I am happy to say my TV arrived today in perfect condition. It looks and works flawless. No LED bleeding, clouding, etc.

I bought the 55"

ThunderThighs

Staff

lhemmingsen wrote:Ok since everyone seems to be posting only negative experiences. I am happy to say my TV arrived today in perfect condition. It looks and works flawless. No LED bleeding, clouding, etc.

I bought the 55"

Yay! thank you for taking the time to come back and post. We really apreciate it!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dannykirschner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannykirschner

Just got off the phone with square trade. They said they will only cover refurbished TVs from eBay, not woot? Said they would only cover 'New' TVs from woot. Do you know something I don't know?

agingdragqueen wrote:This one is done by someone else (which is why it's warrantied through us), it should be to the same standards as Samsung would. If it's something you're concerned about, SquareTrade is a fabulous extended warranty company- there's more info in the detail page about how much that would cost, etc.

dannykirschner

I've noticed that on bestbuy and amazon the 60 inch model, UN60H6350AF, has a Quad-Core processor, whereas the model on Woot, UN60F6350AF, has a Dual-Core processor. I thought woot's model was exactly the same, except just refurbished. I see one model is 60H and woot's is 60F. Are there any other important differences we should be made aware of? Please list them if so?

lhemmingsen

dannykirschner wrote:I've noticed that on bestbuy and amazon the 60 inch model, UN60H6350AF, has a Quad-Core processor, whereas the model on Woot, UN60F6350AF, has a Dual-Core processor. I thought woot's model was exactly the same, except just refurbished. I see one model is 60H and woot's is 60F. Are there any other important differences we should be made aware of? Please list them if so?

Its the 2014 update of the model. Only difference I'm aware of is the updated processor. To be honest the dual core is laggy loading apps and switching between things, but all the apps run just fine for me. Its a TV after all, not a PC. I'm happy with the Dual core.

dannykirschner

dannykirschner wrote:Just got off the phone with square trade. They said they will only cover refurbished TVs from eBay, not woot? Said they would only cover 'New' TVs from woot. Do you know something I don't know?

Does anyone know the answer to this? Square trade said they won't cover refurbished TVs from woot, but it appears I can still purchase the warranty. I just don't want to be stuck in a place where I've purchased the warranty but am not covered if an issue arises. Anyone know for sure or have any experience?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dannykirschner wrote:Does anyone know the answer to this? Square trade said they won't cover refurbished TVs from woot, but it appears I can still purchase the warranty. I just don't want to be stuck in a place where I've purchased the warranty but am not covered if an issue arises. Anyone know for sure or have any experience?

SquareTrade does not sell warranties for refurbished products directly to the consumer. You have to buy it through an authorized retailer - like us.

I believe you have up to 30 days to make the warranty purchase but that's a SqTr thing, not us.

And yes, you can still use the SqTr button on the sale page to purchase the extended coverage.

FORUM MODERATOR

kakraig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kakraig

Did anyone else's TV arrive without the IR Extender that appears to be necessary to set up/operate the TV? We have a different universal remote that we could use, but the set up won't let us bypass the step, and the IR Extender isn't included. Samsung said the Extender should have been included, even though the quick setup guide says it was not. (Samsung is suggesting that the printed materials were modified from what was originally shipped, as the original manual says the IR Extender is included.) They also will not provide any support because Woot is not an authorized reseller. The part won't ship from Samsung for 4-6 weeks, and we have already gotten rid of our old TV, so we are now TV-less for 4-6 weeks unless Woot fixes this problem.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

kakraig wrote:Did anyone else's TV arrive without the IR Extender that appears to be necessary to set up/operate the TV? We have a different universal remote that we could use, but the set up won't let us bypass the step, and the IR Extender isn't included. Samsung said the Extender should have been included, even though the quick setup guide says it was not. (Samsung is suggesting that the printed materials were modified from what was originally shipped, as the original manual says the IR Extender is included.) They also will not provide any support because Woot is not an authorized reseller. The part won't ship from Samsung for 4-6 weeks, and we have already gotten rid of our old TV, so we are now TV-less for 4-6 weeks unless Woot fixes this problem.

Have you already emailed your order details and situation to support@woot.com? If not, please do so; CS can dig into your order and help get you taken care of. Sorry for the trouble.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kakraig

manhandsha wrote:Have you already emailed your order details and situation to support@woot.com? If not, please do so; CS can dig into your order and help get you taken care of. Sorry for the trouble.

I did.

qtipman3001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qtipman3001

Ordered a 46" and it worked splendidly for four days. It even came with a netflix account! (the refurbishment shop didn't wipe the drive...) The apps were good and the image quality was more than sufficient for my purposes.

While the TV was wiped as part of the system updates, it seems like this TV has the last of the bad capacitors that plagued Samsung TVs just a few years ago. It flashed on & off rapidly before making a click. Now it won't turn on at all. Am returning to Woot!, unfortunately.

Did anyone else experience this issue?

kakraig

manhandsha wrote:Have you already emailed your order details and situation to support@woot.com? If not, please do so; CS can dig into your order and help get you taken care of. Sorry for the trouble.

To describe customer service's response as unsatisfactory (essentially, this part, which is supposed to be included in the box per the manufacturer and the unadulterated manual and which is necessary to operate the product, is not described as included in the listing, therefore we aren't providing it and you should wait out the 6 week backorder from Samsung) would be a gross understatement. It looks like my most expensive Woot purchase will also be my last.