onkyousa

quality posts: 29 Private Messages onkyousa
dpn0121 wrote:Will the receiver pass thru the sound when it is off? We use the TV speakers a lot so this feature is important. Thank you

Yes dpn0121; this TX-NR 626 has the HDMI THRU feature- which allows the receiver to pass thru the audio and video sources (via HDMI) when the receiver is on STANDBY (OFF) to your TV and its speakers.

pyynk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyynk
macb240 wrote:I'd suggest looking through the comments from prior sales, or the product instructions carefully. My recollection is that the second zone has some limitations such as only being able to carry an analog source. So no digital sources on both zones at the same time. Again, could be wrong, but that's my recollection.

That said, I'm so tempted every time this item comes up on woot.

I know with my current Onkyo, the Onkyo TX-SR605, we got around that by hooking the CD changer up to the receiver with RCA cables. Hoping that works with the new receiver too.

NickZehrbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickZehrbach

Hi, I am wondering if the bluetooth and/or wifi gives the ability to hook up to wireless speakers? I am assuming so but want to make sure...If so, what would I be looking for?

Thanks,

Nick

onkyousa

Phibbsr wrote:I own a tx nr 606. I have had so many problems w/it, and horrible experiences w/the Indian customer service that I decided to never buy an Onkyo again. The unit died a ugly death just after the two year warranty did. Also the pass thru they advertised never worked!
Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

Hello Phibbsr; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and reading your posting about the TX-SR 606- which country did you purchase this receiver from? If the US- you may still be eligible for some servicing options with Onkyo USA. If the case was you purchased it from a US dealer and transported it to India; although the warranty will be voided in India- you may still be eligible for service to your SR 606 at an Onkyo USA service center.

FYI; if you needed assistance activating the HDMI Pass Thru on your receiver- you can easily contact our Product Support department to better guide you thru this setup. We can better instruct you via forum support (forums@onkyousa.com) or email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) to better assist you. This option has been greatly improved from 2008 and is now much more simpler to enable and utilize.

onkyousa

NickZehrbach wrote:Hi, I am wondering if the bluetooth and/or wifi gives the ability to hook up to wireless speakers? I am assuming so but want to make sure...If so, what would I be looking for?

Thanks,

Nick

Hello Nick; think of this TX-NR 626 receiver as just that, a receiver- not a transmitter, when referring to BT and WiFi connectivity. Unless your wireless speakers also provide a transmitter base module to connect the receiver and wireless speakers to (as many have used to success for wireless headphones and speakers themselves); this would be the most viable option.

Nick- If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa

pyynk wrote:I know with my current Onkyo, the Onkyo TX-SR605, we got around that by hooking the CD changer up to the receiver with RCA cables. Hoping that works with the new receiver too.

Correct Pyynk; as with your receiver: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source and will require RCA audio cable connections for proper broadcasting of the audio source via the POWERED ZONE 2 or ZONE 2 LINE OUT terminals. Believe me- it works like a charm and the ability to broadcast a separate audio source into a totally different listening area is an awesome feat. All you basically need is a pair of RCA audio (red and white cables) and a pair of compatible (impedance matching) speakers to rock the house!! This is a great feature to have; and setup is easy (copy and past this link onto your URL window): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvalkHxXelA&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=20

The usage of ZONE 2 isn't difficult either (you may also need to copy and past this onto your browser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMgUtHu_tzs&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=19

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa

davevpi wrote:Okay, well, if we're talking about HDMI signal, I have a TX-NR727 (not the model offered here) and when the receiver is off, the TV turns black, so I can say that no, this one doesn't support that ... at least not with HDMI.

If we're talking about an analog video signal (which that would be a less surprising to me that an analog video signal would get passed through when it's off), I have no idea and have never plugged anything analog into my receiver to find out.

Actually davevpi; your TX-NR 727 does have this feature as well. You can use the HDMI THRU feature to have the receiver on STANDBY and still stream HDMI video and audio signals to your TV from another connected device onto the receiver. Go into the SETUP menu and scroll down to HARDWARE SETUP and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to HDMI and press ENTER again. Now scroll down to HDMI THROUGH and select the option AUTO by pressing the RIGHT > arrow button.

When done, press the SETUP button to fully exit the menu. Now power off ALL devices (receiver, TV, CBL/ SAT box, DVD/ BD player, etc.). When all are powered down, turn on just the TV and CBL box and await 10 seconds before turning on receiver; if successful- the receiver should emit a light on HDMI THRU.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa

macb240 wrote:I'd suggest looking through the comments from prior sales, or the product instructions carefully. My recollection is that the second zone has some limitations such as only being able to carry an analog source. So no digital sources on both zones at the same time. Again, could be wrong, but that's my recollection.

That said, I'm so tempted every time this item comes up on woot.

Hello macb240; you are correct in that ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

stevetheman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevetheman

Question that can hopefully be answered by onkyousa - although the receiver only supports analog audio for zone 2 when the main zone is playing a digital input, is there a "party mode" that will play what is playing in the main zone (via a digital HDMI input) over the zone 2 speakers (in stereo, not as the 7.2 back surround)?

I would want to use this to be watching hockey off of a Roku in the main room and have the audio also playing on the speakers in the kitchen.

onkyousa

rhobbel wrote:Bought receiver on Woot 8 months ago so I could use my new Blue Tooth headphones well guess what Blue Tooth won't connect to my head phones. Also the remote quit working after a few weeks -------junk!

Hello rhobbel; as previously mentioned- unless your BT headphones provides a transmitter base for sending audio from the receiver and transferred thru this base- Onkyo receivers will act as just a receiver of BT audio- like sending audio signals to the receiver for broadcasting. The receiver will not send BT audio signals to an external device. We also wanted to ensure that you are using the proper Remote ID for your remote controller and that you are actually pressing the RECEVER MODE button BEFORE pressing a command button on the remote as well. Also if you haven't done so and are still experiencing issues with your remote controller- it is still covered under warranty and can be swapped out as well.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding warranty and service issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services/ Warranty department for any servicing options or resolutions available for your issue.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

As an ex Onkyo dealer I can say I dropped them because of the many issues and with the boards and poor to non-existent support. If you don't mind a space heater that can break down and have other issues then this may be for you. I would never recommend their products.

onkyousa

stevetheman wrote:Question that can hopefully be answered by onkyousa - although the receiver only supports analog audio for zone 2 when the main zone is playing a digital input, is there a "party mode" that will play what is playing in the main zone (via a digital HDMI input) over the zone 2 speakers (in stereo, not as the 7.2 back surround)?

I would want to use this to be watching hockey off of a Roku in the main room and have the audio also playing on the speakers in the kitchen.

Hi stevetheman; thank you for your question and interest in our awesome receiver today. This receiver will require a ANALOG audio connection for ZONE 2 playback. Which Roku device are you referring to? As Roku 2 does provide an Analog audio output which can be utilized; but Roku 3 doesn't- so the recommendation of an external DAC would not be sufficient either.

NOTE: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

stevetheman

onkyousa wrote:Hi stevetheman; thank you for your question and interest in our awesome receiver today. This receiver will require a ANALOG audio connection for ZONE 2 playback. Which Roku device are you referring to? As Roku 2 does provide an Analog audio output which can be utilized; but Roku 3 doesn't- so the recommendation of an external DAC would not be sufficient either.

NOTE: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

I'm asking a different question - is it possible to have powered zone 2 output the same audio as the main zone?

From the manual -

To select the same source as the main room’s, press ZONE 2 twice. “Z2 Sel: Source” appears on the AV receiver’s display.

Does this work for digital sources too? The manual says that it would work for the bluetooth source.

onkyousa

fogtower wrote:As an ex Onkyo dealer I can say I dropped them because of the many issues and with the boards and poor to non-existent support. If you don't mind a space heater that can break down and have other issues then this may be for you. I would never recommend their products.

Hello fog tower; thank you for your interests in our products and opportunity to provide all with some credible information. As per recent customer feedback from various outlets- this receiver has been highly touted and received great support from current owners. Onkyo has also improved the design and overall performance of their products and with the usage of a high current to deliver the rich and profound sound- our units provide awesome sound and clarity. As a former dealer- you can attest that our features are innovative and we now offer 24 hour Product Support via phone (800-229-1697, option #3) and always available via email, forum support, and social media as well to provide exceptional support for our customers and followers. As we are currently assisting customers now with all their inquires and concerns- our Product Support is always striving to be an industry-leading catalyst for our customers to rely on.

onkyousa

stevetheman wrote:I'm asking a different question - is it possible to have powered zone 2 output the same audio as the main zone?

From the manual -

To select the same source as the main room’s, press ZONE 2 twice. “Z2 Sel: Source” appears on the AV receiver’s display.

Does this work for digital sources too? The manual says that it would work for the bluetooth source.

Steve; for the unit to output the same source as in the MAIN listening area- the source device (i.e. Cable box) must use both HDMI and RCA ANALOG from the source device into the receiver. ZONE 2 will not output any audio using digital connections. In the case of NET, USB, TUNER- ZONE 2 is functional without requiring an ANALOG audio connection (as the unit will utilize its internal DAC). Bluetooth is the ONLY input that can and MUST be enabled in both the MAIN and ZONE 2 listening area for proper broadcasting.

joestav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joestav
dpn0121 wrote:It's actually a pretty common feature. Even when off they are on unless unplugged.

You are talking about HDMI ARC - Audio Return Channel. ARC allows the passthrough of audio from say your cable box through the receiver to your TV. TV has to be ARC compliant. ARC allows you to have your receiver turned off and still receive audio. This is great late at nite when you don't want to wake the kids like me. I see nothing in the specs that say this receiver is or is not ARC compliant.

Edit: Onkyo is using the non-standard term "HDMI Thru," so yes, it will play audio and video on your TV when receiver is off/standby.

onkyousa

slvrblt98 wrote:How do you use this receiver if you only have a 5.1 speaker set up?

Hi slvrblt98, this is easy- as you will only use the following SPEAKER channels:

FRONT L + R
CENTER
SURR L + R

SURR BACK L + R will NOT be used and NO speaker wirings should be made into these terminals. You can either conduct the Audyssey FULL 2EQ calibration to properly set your 5.1 setup system or enable this manually. If not using the Audyssey calibration- Go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver and scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to 2.2 SPK CONFIG and press ENTER again. Now you should follow the settings below to enable a 5.1 system:

SUBWOOFER: YES
FRONT: 80 Hz
CENTER: 80 Hz
SURR: 80 Hz
SURR BACK: NONE ( press the < or > arrow buttons to toggle and change this setting to NONE.)

When completed; press the HOME button twice to fully exit the SETUP menu.

stevetheman

I have a cheaper Onkyo system that this would replace, but that system has a passive subwoofer. This would not work with a passive subwoofer, correct?

onkyousa

joestav wrote:You are talking about HDMI ARC - Audio Return Channel. ARC allows the passthrough of audio from say your cable box through the receiver to your TV. TV has to be ARC compliant. ARC allows you to have your receiver turned off and still receive audio. This is great late at nite when you don't want to wake the kids like me. I see nothing in the specs that say this receiver is or is not ARC compliant.

Hello joestav; as all our receivers have been ARC complaint since 2010- the TX-NR 626 is also ARC compliant and there's even a setting for this under 7. HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI > AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL as well as HDMI THRU in the same submenu.

Now to better educate on the differences between ARC and HDMI THRU: Audio Return Channel (ARC) allows the receiver and your TV to communicate and properly route itself tp broadcasting the audio from your TV apps (such as Netflix, YouTube, etc) and be broadcasted from the receivers' speakers instead of the TV speakers. This requires a HDMI version 1.4a or higher cable and both HDMI-CEC options to be enabled on both the receiver and TV. Proper setup will cause the receiver to be set to TV/CD for audio playback. So basically audio leaves TV speakers and heads to receiver's speakers while the receiver is ON.

HDMI Thru is the opposite in which the receiver is OFF or on STANDBY and the audio leaves the receiver's speakers and goes into the TV speakers. It basically passes thru the receiver and both audio and video is broadcasted thru the TV itself. When the receiver is then ON; the audio will be re-broadcasted thru there receiver's speakers instead.

onkyousa

stevetheman wrote:I have a cheaper Onkyo system that this would replace, but that system has a passive subwoofer. This would not work with a passive subwoofer, correct?

Correct Steve; this receiver requires a powered subwoofer. You can contact our Product Orders or Parts & Services dept. for the pricing and inventory on a suitable powered subwoofer for your new receiver Monday- Fridays 9am to 5 pm EST (800-229-1687). They will help you with purchasing an economically price and good quality powered subwoofer.

doigger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doigger

What exactly does reconditioned mean? Were there problems with it, and it was fixed at the factory? This is very tempting at the price, but it also seems too good to be true. I have been wanting this receiver for a long time. But I have never bought anything reconditioned - I always buy things brand new - and I'm a bit nervous.

hardrivn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hardrivn

Bought this exact model last time it was on woot, and it has HDMI issues from the day I opened the box.

onkyousa wrote:Hello Omnipotent13; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your posting- if you have researched via Google- you have viewed many customer testimonials that Onkyo itself is actively assisting customers reporting this related issue and offering out-of-warranty servicing on any evaluated model. Please also be aware that Onkyo has provided an improved PCB board to rectify this issue and our customers will not experience any similar issues with their TX-NR 626.

As Onkyo will always stand behind their products and support; as recent customer feedback has shown- customers of the TX-NR 626 model have reported very favorable feedback and absolutely enjoy this receiver. Omnipotent13- if you are concerned or have already experienced any issue with your TX-NR 609 receiver- following that hair dryer trick is not the cure all for servicing your NR 609. We would advise you to please contact our Parts & Services dept. for further assistance (parts@us.onkyo.com or 800-229-1687, option # 4 Monday- Friday 9am to 5 pm EST.). Please be assured that TX-NR 626 owners will provide great reviews in the coming years about that receiver and Onkyo Product Support will always be there to assist.

onkyousa

xninjagrrl wrote:So this hdmi out 2, is this for just projecting the same thing onto two tv's? Or could I have my xbox on my main plasma while having my ps3 on my smaller LED. I would like to be able to do so simultaneously so I can play xbox while someone else plays playstation.

Hey xninjagrrl. unfortunately you are correct that this receiver will display the same video image thru BOTH HDMI outputs. Unlike the flagship AV receivers that will supply separate HDMI AV sources thru both HDMI outputs- this receiver will provide pristine video thru both HDMI out terminals.

onkyousa

hardrivn wrote:Bought this exact model last time it was on woot, and it has HDMI issues from the day I opened the box.

Hi hardrivn; I would like to see if you have serviced your receiver and determine what exactly the cause. IF you prefer to send a PM or email with your name, email address, phone number and serial number of your receiver to research if your unit has been recently serviced based on your statement. As we would like to verify your statement- as remarkably this model receiver has NOT been reported to have any known HDMI issues and is still a powerhouse in our Support department.

onkyousa

doigger wrote:What exactly does reconditioned mean? Were there problems with it, and it was fixed at the factory? This is very tempting at the price, but it also seems too good to be true. I have been wanting this receiver for a long time. But I have never bought anything reconditioned - I always buy things brand new - and I'm a bit nervous.

Hi doggier; Factory Reconditioned items can be classified in many formats. Opened box items that are inspected and tested for optimal functionality would be one example. Reconditioned items have been reviewed, tested, and possibly serviced and retested before being deemed Factory Reconditioned for sale.

As always- Onkyo as the manufacturer will always be here to assist you with your questions and concerns on your new product via 24 hour Product Support (80-229-1687, option # 3). If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa

cAPSlOCKoN wrote:You are correct, zone 2 can only play analog. So no to listening to Cds on the patio.

But the 626 has built in Pandora and Spotify apps, plus support for any internet radio station. I'm on my patio right now listening to an internet radio station as I'm writing this. It works fine, and practically any CD is on Spotify anyway.

Actually you can listen to CDs for ZONE 2- but the CD player must be connected into the COMPOSITE AUDIO INPUT terminals for ZONE 2 playback.

onkyousa

The TX-NR 626 receiver also provides a 4k video upscaling and pass-through for your HD video and a PHONO Input to once again play your turntable and listen to great audio again. Plus the Onkyo Remote 2 app makes remote network operation an ease. Look how easy it is to pair and use Bluetooth onto this receiver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94TtBd78i7I

Heynow312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heynow312

I bought this a few weeks back, and it will not accomplish what I need for my home theater. I have a dtv receiver connected via hdmi to a monoprice whole home cat6 splitter, and when I connect the 626 to the main tv in my theater room, I do not get any sound the the other tv's in the home being distributed via the cat6 to hdmi. Here is the splitter I am using. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011308&p_id=8160&seq=1&format=2

I really hope Onkyo support can help me get this thing up and running. Thanks so much!

toddalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddalin

What video formats are supported by the component inputs?

Can I use this unit with my 5.1 analog SACD/DVD-Audio and component outputs?

toddalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddalin

Will it accept my analog 5.1 audio and component SACD/DVD-Audio/DVD outputs?

Does it upscale the component input and for what formats?

onkyousa

Heynow312 wrote:I bought this a few weeks back, and it will not accomplish what I need for my home theater. I have a dtv receiver connected via hdmi to a monoprice whole home cat6 splitter, and when I connect the 626 to the main tv in my theater room, I do not get any sound the the other tv's in the home being distributed via the cat6 to hdmi. Here is the splitter I am using. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011308&p_id=8160&seq=1&format=2

I really hope Onkyo support can help me get this thing up and running. Thanks so much!

Hi Heynow312, in reading the product description and specifications for this accessory device- and since you are only getting audio for the HDMI MAIN connected TV; you should enable AUDIO TV OUT of the receiver so both HDMI OUTPUTS will send the same audio signal to the connected TVs.

Go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and scroll down to 7. HARDWARE SETUP and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to HDMI and press ENTER again. IMPORTANT QUESTION: Which HDMI OUT terminal did you plug this splitter into HDMI OUT (MAIN or SUB)? We will need to enable this function for the proper HDMI OUT terminal.
Scroll down to AUDIO TV OUT (MAIN or SUB) and press the < or > arrow button of the remote or TUNING/ PRESET button found on the front panel of the receiver to toggle these settings Doing so will now provide a LPCM 2 channel audio signal to be presented out from the receiver to your connected TVs via HDMI connection.

Jimmythemoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimmythemoose

Not sure if this is the same as HDMI Thru, but can I ALWAYS have it output to the TV speakers - even from a component/composite source?

onkyousa

toddalin wrote:What video formats are supported by the component inputs?

Can I use this unit with my 5.1 analog SACD/DVD-Audio and component outputs?

Hello toddling; to answer your question the TX-NR 626 will support up to 1080p when using COMPONENT VIDEO in and out. When using COMPONENT In to HDMI Out: the source device MUST output its video signal at 480i for proper upscaling to the maximum resolution allowed by the TV/ Monitor. As this unit only provide 5.1 DSD audio via HDMI and MultiChannel PCM audio signaling- this would be the alternative to 5.1 SACD/DVD-Audio functionality.

onkyousa

Jimmythemoose wrote:Not sure if this is the same as HDMI Thru, but can I ALWAYS have it output to the TV speakers - even from a component/composite source?

Hey Jimmythemoose; You are referring about the AUDIO TV OUT feature; in which the AUDIO will always be outputted by the TV speakers when the receiver is active. This setting is found in the SETUP menu under HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI> HDMI AUDIO TV OUT (MAIN or SUB).

If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone (24 hour Support 800-229-1687, option 3), email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com), or via our Onkyo Forum at forums.onkyousa.com.

hughn

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hughn
sva777 wrote:I had one of these after two years the subwoofer port stopped working and now I am using a Yamaha. Was nice while it worked but two years is pathetic. I would stay far away from this.

I've been using my Onkyo with an LFE out for around 5-6 yrs and no problems.

If your sub is self-powered and your AVS LFE out stops working, just run speaker wire from the front speaker outs to the sub.

sam9796

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sam9796

I assume you can send internet streaming music to zone 2?

onkyousa

sam9796 wrote:I assume you can send internet streaming music to zone 2?

Hi Sam9796; Yes you can definitely broadcast such stations as Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM, etc via ZONE 2 while still watching your TV program in the MAIN ZONE with no issues. You can use NET, USB, and TUNER without any RCA Analog audio connections needed .

onkyousa

hughn wrote:I've been using my Onkyo with an LFE out for around 5-6 yrs and no problems.

If your sub is self-powered and your AVS LFE out stops working, just run speaker wire from the front speaker outs to the sub.

You are correct hughn; But you will also to do the following in the SETUP menu as well- go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and scroll down and select 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press the ENTER button. Scroll down to 2.2 SPK CONFIG and press ENTER again. Now change SUBWOOFER to NO and this will change FRONT speakers to FULL BAND (sending the LFE signal to the FRONT speaker channels only).

Heynow312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heynow312

Thanks for the info Onkyo! I had the splitter hooked up to the hdmi Main, and nothing plugged into the hdmi Sub. So are you saying that I should keep the main tv hooked up to the Main, and then run a sepperate hdmi from the sub out to the slitter, which will then feed the rest of the house?

I think that is what you are saying, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for the great info! It is much appreciated!

nickacumberland

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nickacumberland

This is the latest user review on Cnet and it specifically references buying this refurbished model on woot:

http://cnet.co/1iFB3A3 (direct link)

copy and paste of review
Bought mine refurbished from Woot! GREAT Price, unpacked it plugged it in and immediately greeted with a purple screen, fiddle with settings and configurations and it clears up figure it was just an output setting and no problems. Turn it on later and it worked. Turned it on the third time. No video signal at all making it to my TV.

Now the money I saved by purchasing a refurbished is out the window because it will cost me almost $75 to ship it to their repair facility near NYC in NJ. and the hassle of hooking up and re-wiring your entertainment system to be with and without an AMP is a HUGE Pain in the ass, and I will be without it for 2 weeks. Personally I think they should be required to drop ship you a replacement AMP so you can swap.