Pmardono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pmardono

Thanks to all who have responded.

wdtj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdtj

So, what's the difference between a Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 10.1?

hayneau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayneau
wdtj wrote:I didn't notice anything about a GPS receiver in the specs. Isn't that standard on the Note 10.1?

It has GPS, although its use is limited due to needing Wifi.

toddlamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddlamp

Am I correct in assuming this does NOT have cellular connectivity? I wasn't sure if they all did and I did not see anything listed in the specs. I really really want one of these but only if I can install my AT&T SIM card.

girishvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girishvs

Any ideas on how this stacks up with Nexus 10 ? I am planning on using it as a PC replacement i.e. browsing, email, netflix, some docs editing.

* The note has a quad/octo core but from what I understand, this does not translate into much better performance (the processing power draw from aps is just not there).

* The note does have the pen, but I have not used the pen before. Does it make a big difference ?

* My big concern with the note is that it does not seem to be supported by cyanogenmod (or at the very least supported by the cyanogenmod installer). I usually like to have custom ROMs/builds on my phone to avoid the gazillion carrier-installed apps, but not sure how important this is for this tablet ...

Thanks.

ejl10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejl10
hotsaucemagik wrote:UGH..... I just ordered a new Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 from newegg YESTERDAY....

Do I send that back and buy this for almost $70 less?? Decisions decisions....

Yes! I've used both, and can say that this is a better tablet is every way.

ejl10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejl10

I've used the 12" variant extensively and I can say that this is a really great tablet - I stopped using my Ipad 2 (admittedly a bit old by now) completely while I had it. Definitely consider the 32GB version, as the HD apps you're going to want for it will eat up space quickly. MicroSD cards are great, but built in storage is easier to use.

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
wdtj wrote:So, what's the difference between a Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 10.1?

The note has the built in Wacom digitizer into the screen, that make it heads above any other tablet when it comes to note taking, writing, drawing. See link below for more details

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/overlays/articles/2013/1027-samsung-galaxy-note

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
wdtj wrote:So, what's the difference between a Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 10.1?

@wdtj, while they look very similar, the guts are quite different.

Even if you compare this 2014 Note to the recently released Tab 4, difference highlights:

1) The Note's Wacom pressure sensitive screen + stylus & storage slot is excellent if you draw or take a lot of notes with a stylus.

2) Note 2590 x 1600 vs Tab 4 1280 x 800 (pedestrian) screen resolution.

3) Note Dual Quadcore CPUs (1.9/1.3 gHz) vs Tab 4 single Quadcore CPU (1.2gHz).

4) Note (front/rear) 2/8 megapixel cameras vs Tab 4 1.3/3 megapixel. This difference is huge if you use the rear camera to capture/scan documents, perhaps to get them into Evernote to go paperless or email to others.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

toddlamp wrote:Am I correct in assuming this does NOT have cellular connectivity? I wasn't sure if they all did and I did not see anything listed in the specs. I really really want one of these but only if I can install my AT&T SIM card.

It does not have cellular connectivity. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

toddlamp

ThunderThighs wrote:It does not have cellular connectivity. Sorry.

Darn. Thank you for letting me know!

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007

Can anyone fill in on whether these use microUSB or the weird samsung proprietary charger?

There is no mention of it on the Woot page, or so far in the comments... I even checked the amazon page, and got as far as searching the reviews and questions with no apparent answer. TIA.

toddlamp

What is the Samsung model number for the offerings today?

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
ThunderThighs wrote:As mentioned above, logging in via Amazon gets you access to your address book and payment setups.

We do not participate in the Amazon Gift Card or Prime shipping programs.

Can you please help me get a response for this order ? I have sent two requests over the past 3 days to get an update.

Order Date:
Apr 28, 2014
Order Number:
486xxxx
Order Status:
Shipping Now
It has shown shipping now for 4 days. Tracking still shows unavailable. Thank you !

ThunderThighs

Staff

deborah11565 wrote:Can you please help me get a response for this order ? I have sent two requests over the past 3 days to get an update.

It has shown shipping now for 4 days. Tracking still shows unavailable. Thank you !

Sorry about the delay. I'll ask CS about it during my afternoon report.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

toddlamp wrote:What is the Samsung model number for the offerings today?

Here you go:

Samsung P6000ZKVXAR Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet (2014 Edition) - 32GB Black

Samsung P6000ZKYXAR Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet (2014 Edition) - 16GB Black

Samsung P6000ZWVXAR Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet (2014 Edition) - 32GB White

Samsung P6000ZWYXAR Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet (2014 Edition) - 16GB White

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry about the delay. I'll ask CS about it during my afternoon report.

Thank you !

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
drakar2007 wrote:Can anyone fill in on whether these use microUSB or the weird samsung proprietary charger?

There is no mention of it on the Woot page, or so far in the comments... I even checked the amazon page, and got as far as searching the reviews and questions with no apparent answer. TIA.

Samsung finally ditched its proprietary charger in favor of Micro USB

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/1/4788258/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review-2014-edition

joshjarvey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshjarvey

I just visit woot for the product description lulz.

jokastrength

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jokastrength

The processor is the major difference.

Atlanta has curling. Atlcurling.org

jokastrength

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jokastrength
drakar2007 wrote:Can anyone fill in on whether these use microUSB or the weird samsung proprietary charger?

Yes. See that this was answered above too.

Atlanta has curling. Atlcurling.org

lostporcupine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostporcupine
billthegunowner wrote:Silly question, but why would anyone buy the 16GB model when for just $25 more you can have the 32GB model?

Because for most people, 16GB is enough for any apps and the like, and a 64GB MicroSD card can be had for about $25. Exactly what I did.

lostporcupine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostporcupine

I just bought one of these a week or two ago open-box. If you're doing more than watching videos, playing games, and browsing the web, totally worth it. Split screen and pen input are great.

And thanks for the mention of Securranty. I now have to decide in the next 2 weeks if I should get this and you probably just cost me $60.

ksassy71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksassy71

Ok, what's the difference between this and the Note pro? Screen size? Or some super cool feature I'm missing? Looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 that's like twice the price! Processor, ram, resolution all looks the same, but I'd call my self a tech hobbyist at best!!

root7867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages root7867

For anyone who purchased the square trade warranty, did they say what it covered? I tried calling them today and they said that warranties on refurbished items do not include accident protection.

bobbybeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbybeck

I work for Samsung actually, and it's a regular micro USB.

dalem589

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalem589

Been obsessing about the 10.1 or the 12.2. Decided to go for the 10.1, given the great price, and the fact that the 12.2 is pretty big, and less portable in carry bags that I have. Now just need to order a swivel case with a keyboard attached. This is a great deal, and Samsung is making good stuff. I have an older Samsung music player, 5" screen, and even with some drawbacks due to it's age it is a great device still.
Don't know about the proprietary Samsung charging port some people mention. I have 3 Samsung devices, including my 2nd phone and everything has had just the regular micro port.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Love the specs on this thing. Makes my Xoom seem like real dinosaur. In for one.

ferretwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferretwoman

I have bought 2 refurbished tablets from Woot over the past 2 years - one being the 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab (1st edition), the other being a Sony. They both work fine and were in perfect condition when I got them.

I so badly want this upgrade but I have to continue to think about it right now as it's a costly item that wasn't budgeted! Decisions Decisions!

Linda

lestatct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lestatct
jokastrength wrote:The processor is the major difference.

RAM is a biggie too....the Tab 4 10.1 has 1GB, the Tab Pro has 2GB, this Note 10.1 2014 Edition has 3GB.

lestatct

true559 wrote:Love the specs on this thing. Makes my Xoom seem like real dinosaur. In for one.

I still love my XOOM....it has served me quite well. I've had it rooted since day 1, and have tried so many custom ROM's on it, etc. It runs KitKat nicely. But this one....wow, it's awesome!

lestatct

root7867 wrote:For anyone who purchased the square trade warranty, did they say what it covered? I tried calling them today and they said that warranties on refurbished items do not include accident protection.

It's just their "Standard" warranty. No accidental damage and handling coverage for refurbs. I bought one with them and then cancelled it when I saw there was no option for ADH. So I got a 3 year warranty for refurbs with ADH through Securranty for eighty-one bucks. The coupon code "sec10" might still work to get $10 off, like I used. No deductible too! I hope it's a good company if I need them for a claim!

thenonoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenonoman

I have had one for a few months. I love it, except two things. One, I really wish the charging port was on the side. I understand that if you have a dock, you might want it where it is, but I don't like it. Two, the note taking software is not the greatest, but with the app Handrite, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

AwaseMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AwaseMike
bluemaple wrote:@wdtj, while they look very similar, the guts are quite different.

Even if you compare this 2014 Note to the recently released Tab 4, difference highlights:

1) The Note's Wacom pressure sensitive screen + stylus & storage slot is excellent if you draw or take a lot of notes with a stylus.

2) Note 2590 x 1600 vs Tab 4 1280 x 800 (pedestrian) screen resolution.

3) Note Dual Quadcore CPUs (1.9/1.3 gHz) vs Tab 4 single Quadcore CPU (1.2gHz).

4) Note (front/rear) 2/8 megapixel cameras vs Tab 4 1.3/3 megapixel. This difference is huge if you use the rear camera to capture/scan documents, perhaps to get them into Evernote to go paperless or email to others.

Don't forget this (Note) has 3 GB of RAM whereas the Tab is only 1GB! I think the Tab 3 8" is 2GB.

Edit: Just saw this was already mentioned! Sorry!

root7867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages root7867
lestatct wrote:It's just their "Standard" warranty. No accidental damage and handling coverage for refurbs. I bought one with them and then cancelled it when I saw there was no option for ADH. So I got a 3 year warranty for refurbs with ADH through Securranty for eighty-one bucks. The coupon code "sec10" might still work to get $10 off, like I used. No deductible too! I hope it's a good company if I need them for a claim!

Thanks for the heads up.. I just purchased from there and the coupon code still worked.

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter

I have the first generation of Note 10.1, and does have a built in GPS.

works real nice with Sygic.

wdtj wrote:I didn't notice anything about a GPS receiver in the specs. Isn't that standard on the Note 10.1?

aguyingreene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aguyingreene

When is this going to ship? I ordered this last Friday! We are getting getting spoiled by Amazon's almost instant delivery..

ThunderThighs

Staff

aguyingreene wrote:When is this going to ship? I ordered this last Friday! We are getting getting spoiled by Amazon's almost instant delivery..

The sale stated that it would ship in 3-5 business days. It should ship out this week.

Patience green one.

hotsaucemagik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotsaucemagik

When I order a weedwacker from you guys, its somehow here in like 4 days. When I order something that I'm literally drooling about getting my grubby little paws on, it doesn't ship for at least that long. You're killing me Woot!!!

(but I still love you...::kisses::...)

ThunderThighs

Staff

hotsaucemagik wrote:When I order a weedwacker from you guys, its somehow here in like 4 days. When I order something that I'm literally drooling about getting my grubby little paws on, it doesn't ship for at least that long. You're killing me Woot!!!

(but I still love you...::kisses::...)

Awwww, sorry.

You can look on the sale to see how long it takes to ship (not counting transit). It's right under the price on the detail page (with the "add to cart" button).

That sale said it would ship in 3-5 business days.