Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
Nate650 wrote:I'm actually not a fan of low fat anything and follow traditional recipes. I didn't get any sticking but it would just be easier if the plates were removable so they can be submerged in some soap and water.

Yeah I have a rice cooker with a lid that can't be removed. Now that is annoying...

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

gtneher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtneher

Even cheaper at Costco just 2 days ago. I think $39 or $49. And they will return anything even after years.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

So, this only makes belgians, huh?

For a long time I thought I didn't like home-made waffles and only liked frozen instants, because I like my waffles very crispy, not fluffy. And then I realized it was just that I don't like Belgians. So now my Amazon wishlist has a classic waffle-maker, for the day I have counterspace and cash for it.

Woot, could you humor a girl someday with a classic waffle-maker?

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle
narquespamley wrote:That's a lot of money for a waffle iron. And don't we already all have "omelette makers", i.e. frying pans?

This waffle iron is worth every penny you pay for it. We have had many others before but this one makes waffles better than any appliance we have ever owned. The main reason for it is the temperature that it heats at. It is much higher than the cheaper brands. This makes perfect, (crisp on the outside, soft on the inside waffles) and is very easy to clean with a quick wipe down of the plates after it cools down.

I highly recommend it.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

Next week on Woot... waffle makers that only make waffles not omelets... for those people that already own frying pans

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

julianowens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julianowens

I have a waffle house across the street. They make my eggs and waffles and bring it to me on a plate fresh while I sit down and read my newspaper.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chardonay wrote:Next week on Woot... waffle makers that only make waffles not omelets... for those people that already own frying pans

Smarty pants.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jrisken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrisken

Anyone who makes an omelet using one of these things deserves the dry characterless concoction that he gets. The only sensible way to make an omelet is to pour a film of two or three beaten eggs into the bottom of a 10 inch pan over medium heat, swirl the pan and lift the edges of the mixture as it firms up to let the runny part get next to the pan, add ingredients while the top layer is still slightly moist, then fold the omelet in half.

Johnny Boy

ecoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecoast

I want this so bad but already have these the Waring Pro WMK300A Belgian Waffle makers at both houses. They have worked flawlessly for years.

If you are not going to take the time to make yeast waffles, get Golden Malted All Natural Mix from Amazon. Most hotels use this mix.

balletto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balletto
jollyrajr wrote:But, yeah.. Any reasonably healthy waffle type things?

Try a waffle recipie w/ club soda:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,185,159187-255200,00.html

Juliegagne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Juliegagne
pantardovski wrote:Why not? Refrigerators have only been around for so long. At the worst the milk sours i.e. takes the first step to becoming yogurt, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just overnight though there's little chance you'd notice anything different (unless it's mid-summer and/or you're using raw milk).

And since you do not add eggs till next morning there isn't actually a real risk with that recipe (again unless using raw milk) the yeast will even slow the "spoilage" and yogurt is made by keeping milk @ 110° overnight with active yogurt cultures. Although the argument about refrigerators not existing is a bad one considering as many as 1 in 12 people used to die from food related illnesses. Although admittedly that was usually due to dehydration after long bouts of food poisoning.

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

ROFL WAFFEL

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Had one and worked great for about a year. Then it didn't.

kwkilcoyne

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwkilcoyne
chardonay wrote:Next week on Woot... waffle makers that only make waffles not omelets... for those people that already own frying pans

OK... but does it need to be a Woot! frying pan?

kwkilcoyne

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwkilcoyne
Juliegagne wrote:And since you do not add eggs till next morning there isn't actually a real risk with that recipe (again unless using raw milk) the yeast will even slow the "spoilage" and yogurt is made by keeping milk @ 110° overnight with active yogurt cultures. Although the argument about refrigerators not existing is a bad one considering as many as 1 in 12 people used to die from food related illnesses. Although admittedly that was usually due to dehydration after long bouts of food poisoning.

If it worries ya, let it stay in the fridge overnight. But it won't develop as much flavor. I've been making these for years without incident (and am also a bread baker).

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u

love

essay2u

ah-mazing. the sh-t on a shingle comment sticks, but the earlier posts about missing the old woot and down with amazon are gone!!!

for what they pay you discussion moderators to erase all traces of honest comments, woot could afford to accept and process returns. Hardy Har Har on you! t-10 minutes till this message self-destructs... or is taken down by THE MAN!!!!!

edit: har-de har har actually said s-h-a-m-e. this comment thread is worse than my phone's auto-correct

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

The guy that invented this and the guy that invented the Wonder Bra should receive the Nobel Peace Prize

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

essay2u wrote:ah-mazing. the sh-t on a shingle comment sticks, but the earlier posts about missing the old woot and down with amazon are gone!!!

for what they pay you discussion moderators to erase all traces of honest comments, woot could afford to accept and process returns. Hardy Har Har on you! t-10 minutes till this message self-destructs... or is taken down by THE MAN!!!!!

edit: har-de har har actually said s-h-a-m-e. this comment thread is worse than my phone's auto-correct

IT WASN'T US MAN! We had a complication today where a bunch of spotlights on today's sale were deleted. We didn't even notice until this afternoon and notified other staff members.

essay2u

ROGETRAY wrote:IT WASN'T US MAN! We had a complication today where a bunch of spotlights on today's sale were deleted. We didn't even notice until this afternoon and notified other staff members.

I smell a COVER-UP!!!

Wait.... Is someone knocking at the door?!? Is that a tinted van in my driveway?!? Why is my phone line suddenly dead?

Phew. Time to turn off Bourne Ultimatum....

sjmoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjmoll
ckeilah wrote:I like this one from sellout.woot.com http://sellout.woot.com/offers/waring-professional-belgian-waffle-maker for $39.99.

Remember though, Waring is owned by CONair, which has proven time and again to live down to its name "con", and leave the sucker holding a dud product with no customer service.

Luckily, I haven't needed customer service on the Waring Belgian waffle maker, and have developed an amazing waffle recipe.

If you don't want to get "fat, fat, fat fat FAAAAAUUUT!" http://flic.kr/p/7ZqMfp
, don't eat waffles *every day*. ;-)

How about sharing the recipe? There's plenty of low-cal ones referenced, but you're the only one to reference an amazing one...

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

wife says that waffles can be made with BOTH sides as opposed to one side omelet and the other waffles..

I say NO...which one is correct?

Sorry but i have not seen that mentioned

I want a quality DOUBLE waffle maker...top and bottom.

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999
gtneher wrote:Even cheaper at Costco just 2 days ago. I think $39 or $49. And they will return anything even after years.

Is this helpful ?

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
Johnnys13 wrote:I'ts a traaaaap!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/waring-wom600bksa-waffle-omelet-maker?ID=801231&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

it's the wrong model!

I always did like yardsales.