onkyousa

quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
Heynow312 wrote:Thanks for the info Onkyo! I had the splitter hooked up to the hdmi Main, and nothing plugged into the hdmi Sub. So are you saying that I should keep the main tv hooked up to the Main, and then run a sepperate hdmi from the sub out to the slitter, which will then feed the rest of the house?

I think that is what you are saying, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for the great info! It is much appreciated!

You are correct- to always make sure you also enabled HDMI AUDIO TV OUT (SUB) to accomplish having 2 channel audio being sent to the TVs.

onkyousa

nickacumberland wrote:This is the latest user review on Cnet and it specifically references buying this refurbished model on woot:

http://cnet.co/1iFB3A3 (direct link)

copy and paste of review
Bought mine refurbished from Woot! GREAT Price, unpacked it plugged it in and immediately greeted with a purple screen, fiddle with settings and configurations and it clears up figure it was just an output setting and no problems. Turn it on later and it worked. Turned it on the third time. No video signal at all making it to my TV.

Now the money I saved by purchasing a refurbished is out the window because it will cost me almost $75 to ship it to their repair facility near NYC in NJ. and the hassle of hooking up and re-wiring your entertainment system to be with and without an AMP is a HUGE Pain in the ass, and I will be without it for 2 weeks. Personally I think they should be required to drop ship you a replacement AMP so you can swap.

Based on that post-it is unclear on the following:

- length of HDMI cable
- disabling of HDMI DEEP COLOR
- video output setting to AUTO or if the person set it to a specific resolution (which would explain the issue and void the need to send it for servicing only for it to function at the service center). If so- any resolution not fitting this setting is not visible-so the use of THRU or AUTO MONITOR OUT settings is warranted.

When pressing the DISPLAY button- you will also get the information on the incoming and outgoing video signals and this can further indicate if this issue is a settings issue he didn't understand fully or something else. There is plethora of information not provided in that post that could've saved him the aggravation and enjoyment of his new receiver.

This is why we provide a 24 hour Product Support department with very knowledgeable representatives who, like me, can better diagnose the issue from initial reports and provide a better solution than a possibly unneeded shipment to the service center. Also ground shipment to our service center usually average $25-40 with insurance coverage from both UPS and FedEx Ground.

Heynow312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heynow312
onkyousa wrote:You are correct- to always make sure you also enabled HDMI AUDIO TV OUT (SUB) to accomplish having 2 channel audio being sent to the TVs.

Thanks again for the info! I will give that a try and see how it goes. It sounds like that should resolve my problem. Once the HDMI AUDIO TV OUT is enabled, I assume the receiver will then output whatever hdmi input is selected out of the Main and the Sub hdmi?

onkyousa

Heynow312 wrote:Thanks again for the info! I will give that a try and see how it goes. It sounds like that should resolve my problem. Once the HDMI AUDIO TV OUT is enabled, I assume the receiver will then output whatever hdmi input is selected out of the Main and the Sub hdmi?

Heynow312, you hit the nail on the head!! Again; If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com), or via our Onkyo Forum at forums.onkyousa.com.

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007

Got myself a 626 when it was offered 2 woots ago and I really love it. I was already a Sirius subscriber and have made rather extensive use of the streaming capability. The GUI surrounding this is in awful need of updating, as others have said before me, but it *works*.

bobmundy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmundy

I own this & bought it from woot. I love it !! It is worth every penny if you are going to utilize it for what it does. Seven speakers and atleast one sub woofer. I have 6 surround speakers, 2 center speakers & 5 subwoofers all hooked up to this receiver & it ROCKS

onkyousa

drakar2007 wrote:Got myself a 626 when it was offered 2 woots ago and I really love it. I was already a Sirius subscriber and have made rather extensive use of the streaming capability. The GUI surrounding this is in awful need of updating, as others have said before me, but it *works*.

Hello again drakar2007; we thank you again for your purchase and happy to read that you enjoy your receiver. We also appreciate your opinion on the GUI and will provide your suggestion to the proper department for further consideration. Thank you again for choosing Onkyo!

onkyousa

Onkyo USA would like to take a moment to thank all current and previous Wooters for their purchases today or previously. We believe you have now owned one of the greatest electronic products you will EVER own and will always assist you with any product support questions or issues.

Have you seen how easy it is to enable the Wireless option on this receiver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_2f4OoqwE&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=6

nickacumberland

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nickacumberland
onkyousa wrote:Onkyo USA would like to take a moment to thank all current and previous Wooters for their purchases today or previously. We believe you have now owned one of the greatest electronic products you will EVER own and will always assist you with any product support questions or issues.

Have you seen how easy it is to enable the Wireless option on this receiver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_2f4OoqwE&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=6

I appreciate all the great responses from Onkyo. It looks like you guys are working overtime today!

BLeePPeeLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BLeePPeeLB

WELP. This happens to be the receiver I've been hemming and hawing over for the last few weeks and I got awfully giddy when emailed about it being a woot item. I was nervous about warranties and support, but onkyousa's constant checking in here has made it feel like a safe enough purchase for me. Hat tips and monocle adjustments all around!

MichaelKinsman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MichaelKinsman

I have purchased, in large measure based on the excellent comments by the Onkyo representative (plus the impressive list of features).

I note that my iPhone will apparently control this receiver. Which APP for the iPhone is the correct one to use with this receiver?

EDIT: Found it, along with the excellent video you have on using it, at the site listed above. Glad to find the info

onkyousa

BLeePPeeLB wrote:WELP. This happens to be the receiver I've been hemming and hawing over for the last few weeks and I got awfully giddy when emailed about it being a woot item. I was nervous about warranties and support, but onkyousa's constant checking in here has made it feel like a safe enough purchase for me. Hat tips and monocle adjustments all around!

Hello BLeePPeeLB, all we can say to your wonderful post is " Cheerio my good man..Cheerio!" Thank you for your post and for your choice in Onkyo as well.

onkyousa

MichaelKinsman wrote:I have purchased, in large measure based on the excellent comments by the Onkyo representative (plus the impressive list of features).

I note that my iPhone will apparently control this receiver. Which APP for the iPhone is the correct one to use with this receiver?

EDIT: Found it, along with the excellent video you have on using it, at the site listed above. Glad to find the info

Hi MichaelKinsman; that's glad that our YouTube tutorials are helpful for customers like yourself. It would be wrong and not helpful if I didn't provide you with this parting gift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOlkkvz6D8&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=12

Thank you again for your excellent choice in Onkyo! Have a great and rocking weekend!!

bandwagon106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandwagon106

Any problems running this with 4ohm Fronts(2) and Center and 8ohm Rears(2)? It will be in an enclosed cabinet if that causes anyone pause.

onkyousa

nickacumberland wrote:I appreciate all the great responses from Onkyo. It looks like you guys are working overtime today!

Hey nickacumberland; we are always available to support our products and services. Thank you for your interest in Onkyo as well; it is greatly appreciated.

onkyousa

bandwagon106 wrote:Any problems running this with 4ohm Fronts(2) and Center and 8ohm Rears(2)? It will be in an enclosed cabinet if that causes anyone pause.

Hello bandwagon106; Yes I would definitely advise NOT to use 4 ohm speakers onto this receiver. The lowest impedance that can safely be used onto this TX-NR 626 are 6 ohm speakers minimum. The use of 4 ohm speakers is not supported and can cause unwanted damage. FYI- the TX-NR 727 and higher models are 4 ohm supported for ALL speaker channels- not mixing the impedances between 4 and 8 ohms.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

khariton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khariton

Man, I almost, almost, ALMOST pulled the trigger on this one but, the high level of interaction from the Onkyo rep on this site convinced me to go for the TX-NR929 on amazon instead. Darn you and your thorough customer feedback during this 626 sale on woot, Onkyo rep! :-)

onkyousa

khariton wrote:Man, I almost, almost, ALMOST pulled the trigger on this one but, the high level of interaction from the Onkyo rep on this site convinced me to go for the 929 on amazon instead. Darn you and your thorough customer feedback during this 626 sale on woot, Onkyo rep! :-)

Hey khariton, nevertheless- thank you for joining the Onkyo family anyway. Now- if you would like to purchase this NR 626 for someone at this great price....

Again- thank you for your choice in Onkyo and enjoy your new receiver!!

stv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv8r

I bought this the last time is was up here at Woot. This is my third Onkyo receiver. The first was in 1988 and still works great(in my son's room). The 2nd I retired for this one as I wanted the increased functionality. So happy with Onkyo! Thanks for a great product.

onkyousa

Imagine watching and listening to such upcoming sporting events as the NHL Stanley Cup? MLB season games? NBA Playoffs and Finals? The Kentucky Derby?

Or even having an awesome family movie night or gaming nights from your PS3/ PS4, xBox 360/ One, or your Wii/ Wii U some nights. Just imagine your PC or Apple TV with amazing video detail and surround sound.. The possibilities are almost endless with the TX-NR 626. Available today for a great deal and as always Onkyo's 24 hour Product Support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDsDWYbkL0Q&list=PL7-JLRyMc8dG0YPOVmHWxF3wb_GJt-5PY

onkyousa

stv8r wrote:I bought this the last time is was up here at Woot. This is my third Onkyo receiver. The first was in 1988 and still works great(in my son's room). The 2nd I retired for this one as I wanted the increased functionality. So happy with Onkyo! Thanks for a great product.

No stv8r; thank you for being a loyal and wise Onkyo owner. Thanks for your choice in Onkyo throughout the years!

CowBear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CowBear

I don't know. I bought a TX-NR807 in 2009 and the "HDMI audio" problem started for me two years ago. I called Onkyo and the rep was very aloof. He told me to email the original invoice to him and I did but he never responded. My gut feeling is that our friendly online Onkyo rep will be long gone when the refurb receiver has problems after a year or two. Right now, I only use the receiver with the PS3 and the Chromecast. The video is dimmer than it should be but the audio works okay. Also, I noticed that there's no THX on the refurb. I guess none of the manufacturers want to bother supporting THX now.

tbar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbar

How long ago was the new board placed in production models. I bought one of these in the Fall or late summer and when I try to use HDMI switching, the screen goes blank after a while.

onkyousa wrote:Hello Omnipotent13; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your posting- if you have researched via Google- you have viewed many customer testimonials that Onkyo itself is actively assisting customers reporting this related issue and offering out-of-warranty servicing on any evaluated model. Please also be aware that Onkyo has provided an improved PCB board to rectify this issue and our customers will not experience any similar issues with their TX-NR 626.

As Onkyo will always stand behind their products and support; as recent customer feedback has shown- customers of the TX-NR 626 model have reported very favorable feedback and absolutely enjoy this receiver. Omnipotent13- if you are concerned or have already experienced any issue with your TX-NR 609 receiver- following that hair dryer trick is not the cure all for servicing your NR 609. We would advise you to please contact our Parts & Services dept. for further assistance (parts@us.onkyo.com or 800-229-1687, option # 4 Monday- Friday 9am to 5 pm EST.). Please be assured that TX-NR 626 owners will provide great reviews in the coming years about that receiver and Onkyo Product Support will always be there to assist.

onkyous

quality posts: 2 Private Messages onkyous
CowBear wrote:I don't know. I bought a TX-NR807 in 2009 and the "HDMI audio" problem started for me two years ago. I called Onkyo and the rep was very aloof. He told me to email the original invoice to him and I did but he never responded. My gut feeling is that our friendly online Onkyo rep will be long gone when the refurb receiver has problems after a year or two. Right now, I only use the receiver with the PS3 and the Chromecast. The video is dimmer than it should be but the audio works okay. Also, I noticed that there's no THX on the refurb. I guess none of the manufacturers want to bother supporting THX now.

Hello cowbear, I'm still here and would v also like to assist you b with your NR 807 as well. Can you please forward all emails sent previously to this email address: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com. If you also happen to have a copy of your sales receipt: I can have your NR 807 serviced with the improved PCB board and get your receiver up and running! As we do stand behind our products and I would like to see who or what caused you from being promptly serviced. This is what we would like to offer to all our customers reporting this issue: the opportunity to service their receivers to working status again (as they intended to be).

onkyous

tbar wrote:How long ago was the new board placed in production models. I bought one of these in the Fall or late summer and when I try to use HDMI switching, the screen goes blank after a while.

Hello tbar, this is the common misconception that the HDMI board went faulty (when it fact it had been proven to be the PCB board). Have you already contacted our 24 hour support dept and was issued a support ticket number? I would like to see this information and determine what devices you have connected and if you have disabled HDMI Deep Color. I would also like to know if you are using a HDMI cable longer than 15' (which can reduce the signal integrity of the video signal in time without the use of a HDMI boosting apparatus). I also would like some assistance from you. Please press the DISPLAY button for your remote controller to indicate the incoming and outgoing video signals. This seems to be a setting issue that can be remedied.

onkyous

This is still Onkyo USA. Just using my mobile as I stepped away from my PC momentarily. Just can't remember the password off the top of my head lol.

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 8 Private Messages starmanbackwards

Hi ONKYO USA .......i have a SR805 used with my tv/home theater...why does my received come back on within a couple minutes (sounds only) after i turn everything off ...

onkyous

starmanbackwards wrote:Hi ONKYO USA .......i have a SR805 used with my tv/home theater...why does my received come back on within a couple minutes (sounds only) after i turn everything off ...

Hello starmanbackwards; this seems to indicate that your HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) option is enabled along with the HDMI-CEC options to your TV and other HDMI connected devices. You should go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and under the HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI > POWER CONTROL: try disabling this setting. As it seems a device is causing the receiver to follow CEC functions to be active.

If this still occurs, please contact our Product Support dept (800-229-1687, option 3) and soak with a representative for further assistance

kunalakumar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kunalakumar

I plan on purchasing an Apple TV and connecting as HDMI input in order to gain AirPlay functionality. Will the receiver automatically change sources when I start playing content from the Apple TV (e.g. stream music from mobile phone via Apple TV), or do I need to manually change the source?

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 8 Private Messages starmanbackwards
onkyous wrote:Hello starmanbackwards; this seems to indicate that your HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) option is enabled along with the HDMI-CEC options to your TV and other HDMI connected devices. You should go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and under the HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI > POWER CONTROL: try disabling this setting. As it seems a device is causing the receiver to follow CEC functions to be active.

If this still occurs, please contact our Product Support dept (800-229-1687, option 3) and soak with a representative for further assistance

Ill give it a shot....thank you for your assistance....

onkyous

kunalakumar wrote:I plan on purchasing an Apple TV and connecting as HDMI input in order to gain AirPlay functionality. Will the receiver automatically change sources when I start playing content from the Apple TV (e.g. stream music from mobile phone via Apple TV), or do I need to manually change the source?

Hello kunalakumar; although it sounds cool to some (like myself) the receiver will require a manual selection to your preferred input in use. It will NOT automatically change by itself unless it was so commanded via HDMI-CEC.

onkyous

starmanbackwards wrote:Ill give it a shot....thank you for your assistance....

No problem; as this should definitely resolve your issue.

onkyous

CowBear wrote:I don't know. I bought a TX-NR807 in 2009 and the "HDMI audio" problem started for me two years ago. I called Onkyo and the rep was very aloof. He told me to email the original invoice to him and I did but he never responded. My gut feeling is that our friendly online Onkyo rep will be long gone when the refurb receiver has problems after a year or two. Right now, I only use the receiver with the PS3 and the Chromecast. The video is dimmer than it should be but the audio works okay. Also, I noticed that there's no THX on the refurb. I guess none of the manufacturers want to bother supporting THX now.

Thank you again for sending your email and bringing your issue to our attention. We are glad to assist our customers with their issue (as the representative mentioned is no longer with the company and should've resolved your issue previously). Nevertheless, we are glad to assist you.

bcfd29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcfd29

check speaker wire error out of the box, another boat anchor from WOOT. NEVER again...

SilentUnicorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilentUnicorn

I purchased this unit a week ago and received it yesterday. Set-up and install were easy enough. Pretty happy so far. The one thing that does annoy me is the darn BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT on the front of the panel indicating a wireless connection. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb.

As others have said- the reason I decided to purchase this was due to ONKYOUSA's presence here on Woot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SilentUnicorn wrote:I purchased this unit a week ago and received it yesterday. Set-up and install were easy enough. Pretty happy so far. The one thing that does annoy me is the darn BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT on the front of the panel indicating a wireless connection. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb.

As others have said- the reason I decided to purchase this was due to ONKYOUSA's presence here on Woot.

Two words, electrical tape. Or translucent tape to dim it. Good info to pass on to Onkyo thouh.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mbh427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbh427
onkyousa wrote:Hi hardrivn; I would like to see if you have serviced your receiver and determine what exactly the cause. IF you prefer to send a PM or email with your name, email address, phone number and serial number of your receiver to research if your unit has been recently serviced based on your statement. As we would like to verify your statement- as remarkably this model receiver has NOT been reported to have any known HDMI issues and is still a powerhouse in our Support department.

I actually bought one on the 12th, one of my HDMI ports was basically dead on arrival. One power cycle and nothing could get through that port.

Also, the fan mounted to the heat vent has yet to turn on.

Not looking so good for my unit.

If it weren't for those two problems I'd be really excited about the receiver. Huge step up in a lot of ways from the mid 90's Pioneer it replaced. Although, it lasted 20 years without any problems, as opposed to less than 20 minutes to demonstrate hardware failure. That's comforting...

Justjager

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Justjager

This receiver was great for 4 whole hours!!! Then it quit producing sound....still waiting on my refund.
Joe,
Little Rock, AR

lichme wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Price: $289.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 14 to Tuesday, Apr 15) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/14/2013 - $299.99-499.99 - 105 comment(s)

12/31/2013 - $499.99 (Woot Plus)
12/19/2013 - $299.99 (Woot Plus)
12/19/2013 - $499.99 (Woot Plus)