dstnfoster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dstnfoster

Samsung ha way clearer pictures than almost all of those tv's which is why they're so much more expensive. Not the mention this is a smart tv if you buy the usb adapter.

deeluxx wrote:"Enjoy a greater level of home entertainment realism than ever before. Thanks to a resolution twice as high as standard HDTVs..."

??? standard HDTV's are 1080p, this is 1080p. To be 'twice the resolution' it'd basically have to be a 4K tv, which it isn't, because no one makes them.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
raddeo wrote:anyone notice in the specs that it does not appear to have an ATSC tuner? this TV appears to be meant for the Japan/S.America market...ISDB-T standard.

Yikes. The earlier one (40" 240hz) had ATSC specifically listed, this one doesn't seem to.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
russwjohns wrote:
3) It has Internet features, i.e. a web browser, YouTube, etc and you can add apps.
4) It has a media player built-in to play virtually every format
5) It's media hub that can play media off any computer hooked into your network

6) It's 1080p when many 32" HDTVs are only 720p

Smart TV features? Where does this info come from? Certainly not from the data Woot has listed here.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My info is culled from several sources, but I could be wrong. I will address all 4 of the points you quoted.

3) See the below YouTube video titled, "Unboxing TV 3D LED 32" Samsung UN32EH6030 Full HD Parte 3." The man is clearly accessing online videos, and there seems to be some sort of app screen. I don't know if the browswer is built into the Samsung TV, or whether he is merely using the TV as a computer monitor (or showing some other SmartTV device, i.e. their Blu-ray player).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_qJcf1cz2E

Of note, I did find one Portugese review that clearly said that it was NOT a SmartTV.

UPDATE: THE VIDEO DOES SEEM TO SHOW THAT THE MAN IS USING THE TV AS A COMPUTER MONITOR. NOTE THE TASK BAR ON THE BOTTOM. SO MAYBE THIS TV CANNOT ACCESS THE INTERNET AND HAS NO APPS. WHAT A WASTE OF THE ETHERNET CONNECTION!

4) All the extensions, containers and codecs it can play are listed on page 18 of the manual. The videos (and music and photos) are usually played through the USB port.

5) This TV has Samsung's AllShare, which the manual describes as "AllShare Play connects your TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through a network. This feature enables you to enjoy the various media contents (videos, photos, music)." I have a Samsung Blu-ray player where AllShare allows me to access files off my PC. I don't know if this TV uses a lesser version of the feature.

6) The 1080p is listed in Woot's description.

Unboxing TV 3D LED 32" Samsung UN32EH6030 Full HD Parte 3

thebesthereis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebesthereis
sdc100 wrote:Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My info is culled from several sources, but I could be wrong. I will address all 4 of the points you quoted.

3) See the below YouTube video. The man is clearly accessing online videos, and there seems to be some sort of app screen. I don't know if the browswer is built into the Samsung TV, or whether he is merely using the TV as a computer monitor (or showing some other SmartTV device, i.e. their Blu-ray player).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_qJcf1cz2E

4) All the extensions, containers and codecs it can play are listed on page 18 of the manual. The videos (and music and photos) are usually played through the USB port.

5) This TV has Samsung's AllShare, which the manual describes as "AllShare Play connects your TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through a network. This feature enables you to enjoy the various media contents (videos, photos, music)." I have a Samsung Blu-ray player where AllShare allows me to access files off my PC. I don't know if this TV uses a lesser version of the feature.

6) The 1080p is listed in Woot's description.

[MOD NOTE: embedded the video. das is all.]

It appears as if he's using windows 8 OS. Has anybody been able to confirm if this uses an ATSC tuner? I'd basically like to be able to plug up an OTA antenna to receive local channels. Thunder or any body else, please confirm. Thanks in advance.

sdc100

nappyho wrote:if this is not a smart tv what is the network connector for? if i plug the tv network port on to my home network, will it show as a device on my network, and will movie directories on my network hard drive appear on the tv graphic?

It appears to be only "semi-smart." I don't know about all the features, but then network port appears necessary for its AllShare Play feature where various devices can share video, music and photos.

sdc100

johnkwoot wrote:The glasses aren't a problem because there is so little 3D content available. 3D television programming is almost zero, Netflix doesn't rent 3D movies, and physical video stores -- do they still exist?

About the only time you'll get to enjoy a 3D movie is when you buy one. At that point, watching 3D becomes a special treat and putting on the glasses is part of the attraction.

In the long run, you'll have so few 3D occasions (depending on how often you buy) that wearing the glasses won't be such a nuisance.

Many Blu-rays, especially of blockbusters, are released in 3D. And many classics have been or may soon be converted to 3D, i.e. Titanic, Star Wars, etc. I can definitely imagine many of Hitchcock's classics remastered in 3D.

The dearth of material is no different than early adoption of any media technology. Owners of the first color TVs complained about the lack of color shows (and many viewers probably compained about headaches too given how bad the first color TVs were). Likewise for early adopters of DVD and Blu-rays.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Found what looks like the same glasses for $18 each if you need extras.
http://www.bjs.com/samsung-hd-3d-active-glasses-1-pk.product.234452?cm_vc=you-may-also-need

sdc100

MattMan808 wrote:Something is not right here... Model UN32EH6030 does not exist anywhere else, including Samsung's own website ... and my UN32EH5300 which is not 3D is still priced at $447+ at 15+ stores. I have a hard time believing that this is a truly a Samsung TV

You couldn't find it because the website detected that that you live in N. America and only showed the units made for your region. This is a model meant for Latin America, specifically S. America. You can find it on Samsung's Brazilian and Argentinian sites. See the below link. And if you Google the model, you'll see a lot of S. American sites discussing it. It's real and it's Samsung, but there are some questions about Warranty and electronic standards. for example, will US repair centers honor a non-US warranty? And will the tuner and other compnents match US standards (does it even output in NTSC???)? Will the EPG work? Etc, etc.

http://www.samsung.com/ar/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/3d-tv/UN32EH6030GCTC

brian13206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian13206
sdc100 wrote:You couldn't find it because the website detected that that you live in N. America and only showed the units made for your region. This is a model meant for Latin America, specifically S. America. You can find it on Samsung's Brazilian and Argentinian sites. See the below link. And if you Google the model, you'll see a lot of S. American sites discussing it. It's real and it's Samsung, but there are some questions about Warranty and electronic standards. for example, will US repair centers honor a non-US warranty? And will the tuner and other compnents match US standards (does it even output in NTSC???)? Will the EPG work? Etc, etc.

http://www.samsung.com/ar/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/3d-tv/UN32EH6030GCTC

This will probably be a non issue since most people use boxes to change the channel

thebesthereis

brian13206 wrote:This will probably be a non issue since most people use boxes to change the channel

This will be a HUGE issue for me. Thunder?

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
thebesthereis wrote:This will be a HUGE issue for me. Thunder?

I was considering this when I saw someone mention it was a Smart TV. We all then realized it wasn't.

Was still kinda interested it for, but I have enjoyed free, OTA TV for nearly a decade and it would be an issue for me too.

sdc100

gak0090 wrote:I'll go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking... Is there any Adult content available for 3D...this could change my whole perspective.

Yes. And that's all I'm going to say.

brian13206

I meant no offense. I also hope that WOOT wouldn't sell hundreds of TV's that can't be used here in USA.. BTW..I'm new to these forums...whats thunder?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Sorry for the late reply.
She's not covering until later tonight.

I've already pinged staff members but haven't gotten a response yet.

As soon as I'm provided any information I'll let you know.

sdc100

brian13206 wrote:I meant no offense. I also hope that WOOT wouldn't sell hundreds of TV's that can't be used here in USA.. BTW..I'm new to these forums...whats thunder?

Thunder is ThunderThighs, za Woot staffer that moderates these forums in the overnight hours. She's real cool and participates quite a bit.

BTW, I used to agree with you that most people have cable or satellite but have since learned how many people only use an antenna. In fact, despite having cable, I find myself also watching some OTA channels that aren't carried by Time Warner.

ps - Welcome to the discussion forums!

traceactions

quality posts: 5 Private Messages traceactions

From the samsung link on page 1, it says the tuner is for ISDB-T that that site listed the model number exactly as specified in the woot description.
So, this tv will probably not be able to receive OTA signals in the US market.
Here's the link again
http://www.samsung.com/ar/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/3d-tv/UN32EH6030GCTC-spec

sdc100

For those who are concerned that this may not have an ATSC tuner to receive OTA programming, you can always buy a converter box. Yes, I know it's annoying to have another box to plug in but it's a viable option. Many were sold when the US converted from Analog to Digital TV a few years ago. In fact, the government had a rebate program to ease the pain of conversion. Many people have since bought new flat panel TVs have have built-in ATSC tuners so you'll see many of these converter boxes for sale real cheap. Just look on eBay.

Make sure the box is able to receive HD channels if that's important to you.

For example...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venturer-ATSC-Digital-to-Analog-Converter-Box-w-box-/281074056093?pt=US_Cable_TV_Boxes&hash=item417151bb9d

miles03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miles03
JRN9999 wrote:only two HDMI ports? No thank you. You really need three. One for your cable box, one for blu-ray/DVD player and one for your computer or XBox/PS 3. Even cheap Seiki TVs from Sears & Kmart have 3 HDMI ports. I'll pass on this one.

If you have all that on a 32" TV your crazy...this would be a perfect guest bedroom or kitchen TV. By the way with my receiver i have 6 things hooked up and using 1 HDMI slot on my TV, modern technology is amazing

sdc100

Those who are concerned that this isn't a SmartTV can always get a SmartTV dongle. Most are based on Android which gives you access to thousands of apps.

Both of the below models got very good reviews.

For example,
http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Dual-core-Android-RK3066-ownshop/dp/B009PJ3AZ4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362711713&sr=1-2&keywords=android+smart+tv+usb

or

http://www.amazon.com/Android-Smart-internet-adaptor-dongle/dp/B009F8HS4E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362711713&sr=1-1&keywords=android+smart+tv+usb

thebesthereis

traceactions wrote:From the samsung link on page 1, it says the tuner is for ISDB-T that that site listed the model number exactly as specified in the woot description.
So, this tv will probably not be able to receive OTA signals in the US market.
Here's the link again
http://www.samsung.com/ar/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/3d-tv/UN32EH6030GCTC-spec

So far, I think you might be correct. I just researched and read through multiple websites to see if an ISDB-T tuner would work in the US using an OTA antenna and from what I read, the consensus is it won't.

sdc100

miles03 wrote:If you have all that on a 32" TV your crazy...this would be a perfect guest bedroom or kitchen TV. By the way with my receiver i have 6 things hooked up and using 1 HDMI slot on my TV, modern technology is amazing

My 32" TV has 5 HDMI ports are 4 are already used. I will probably need an HDMI switch soon because I have 2 more HDMI devices to add. I also have devices on the Component and Composite inputs. In fact, even the RF antenna is used since I also watch OTYA channels not carried by Time Warner.

On the HDMI inputs are: 1) HDTV cable box, 2) Pioneer DVD recorder; 3) Streaming media player; 4) Blue-Ray player. I plan to add another DVD recorder and my Windows PC via HDMI. On the Component input is an old Tivo unit, and a SVHS VCR is on the Composite inputs. On the RF antenna input is a Mohu Leaf antenna to receive OTA programming not carried by Time Warner.

thebesthereis

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply.
She's not covering until later tonight.

I've already pinged staff members but haven't gotten a response yet.

As soon as I'm provided any information I'll let you know.

Thanks ROGETRAY. Any info you can provide regarding this would be appreciated. If my OTA antenna won't work then i could be SOL. :-(

pshipley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pshipley

I wonder if it has the same problems as the TV described on the consumerist blog today

http://consumerist.com/2013/03/07/samsung-advertises-high-definition-3d-for-tv-that-lacks-it-hopes-no-one-notices/

applemachome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages applemachome
oneandonlyjackschitt wrote:I feel stupid for this, but would this monitor work well as a gaming monitor? I'm interested in 1920x1080 @120hz refresh (not 3d, just super smooth motion while gaming).

The video card I'm using is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti which advertises 3d. Will the 3d work with this monitor? Can I get 120hz in non-3d?

If you install NVidia 3D Vision for TVs then it will :-)

check it out here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html

I use their 3D Vision package with a 3d enabled monitor, it works really well.

thebesthereis

pshipley wrote:I wonder if it has the same problems as the TV described on the consumerist blog today

http://consumerist.com/2013/03/07/samsung-advertises-high-definition-3d-for-tv-that-lacks-it-hopes-no-one-notices/

OH! Disgusting behavior if true.

thebesthereis

thewronggrape wrote:
Was still kinda interested it for, but I have enjoyed free, OTA TV for nearly a decade and it would be an issue for me too.

Too good to be true I guess...

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns

For anyone looking for an alternative passive 3D 32inch LED TV for almost $140 less, check out the Sceptre E320BV-FHDD over at the Egg! It's now posted at Woot Community Deals. And before comments on brand name recognition, remember that Sceptre was making decent computer monitors back when 15" CRT's were new. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112058

3 HDMI, VGA input, ATSC tuner. Sears price $399.99 but NewEgg sale price of $299.99 and NOW and Extra $50 discount via promo code valid through March 13th and FREE SHIPPING!

You're welcome.

Richrules187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Richrules187
frojoe2004 wrote:I agree. It's not refurbished, and it is Samsung. I have had nothing but good experiences with Samsung products.

Refurbished > Untested & new.

None of my refurbs have broken on me, but I've had plenty of new stuff go out.

soulgrasper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soulgrasper

Is anyone else still "Awaiting Shipping"?

brian13206

soulgrasper wrote:Is anyone else still "Awaiting Shipping"?

Actually, mine was shipped Mon. and should be here tomorrow. Hopefully yours will be sent out soon.

ulittles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ulittles

My TV also is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow via fed ex.

ulittles

ulittles wrote:My TV also is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow via fed ex.

Received my TV yesterday, And am satified with item. For those of you who were concerned with the internal tuner. It will not pick up HD over the air channels but will pull in the standard def alternatives via a cable line.

sforslev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sforslev

Just got mine and I'm really happy. I haven't tried 3d yet, but it's a good quality HD TV.

This is for a bedroom with an angled ceiling so there's no room for a larger TV. I replaced an old 22" LCD that was heavier than this one.

larunge71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larunge71
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy folks. This is another new Samsung from the Latin American market. You'll have to be creative on your Interweb hunts.

I know you can do it.

Why were we not told that in listing? I would not have purchased it. Am conversing with Samsung to try to get it registered for warranty coverage. Also had difficulty getting it working with my DirecTV remote.

BUYER BEWARE!

ulittles

ulittles wrote:Received my TV yesterday, And am satified with item. For those of you who were concerned with the internal tuner. It will not pick up HD over the air channels but will pull in the standard def alternatives via a cable line.

Oh and 3D is awesome. and Ive had no issues with Hd tv viewing with my comcast HD box.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

larunge71 wrote:Why were we not told that in listing? I would not have purchased it. Am conversing with Samsung to try to get it registered for warranty coverage. Also had difficulty getting it working with my DirecTV remote.

BUYER BEWARE!

Per the sale, the warranty is through Woot. You should have received a 1-800 number to call for warranty repair if needed.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sforslev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sforslev

Actually I saw that warning and bought it anyway. With luck I won't need the warranty, I've never really needed it for a TV yet. It's a great TV for a great price. I'm pretty happy.

larunge71 wrote:Why were we not told that in listing? I would not have purchased it. Am conversing with Samsung to try to get it registered for warranty coverage. Also had difficulty getting it working with my DirecTV remote.

BUYER BEWARE!

searbet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searbet
ThunderThighs wrote:Per the sale, the warranty is through Woot. You should have received a 1-800 number to call for warranty repair if needed.

I called that number multiple times before I realized this thing was for South America and the tuner would not work over the air. The message is, "no one is available to take your call, please leave a message." And guess what, no return calls.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

searbet wrote:I called that number multiple times before I realized this thing was for South America and the tuner would not work over the air. The message is, "no one is available to take your call, please leave a message." And guess what, no return calls.

Yeah, that wouldn't be the number. Contact support@woot.com and they'll help you out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders