killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
killingtime wrote:My mom worked it out and it is $30-40 for her, I think...

I was speaking about it because I might get more because of the business stuff.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:

Yes, I discussed it on two threads...

Misfits and PWA.

Must have missed it, sorry.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

killingtime

pooflady wrote:

Must have missed it, sorry.

Selective poster reading, I know...you tend to invalidate everything I say anyhow...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

killingtime wrote:

Joe thinks I am a dumb bass.

Ooooh, you're going to get letters from the Don't Diss Bass society on that comment!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

killingtime wrote:

Selective poster reading, I know...you tend to invalidate everything I say anyhow...

Don't be paranoid. I just wasn't paying attention to your phone bills.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

Don't be paranoid. I just wasn't paying attention to your phone bills.

Snopes

Nice explanation of it

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
Snopes

Nice explanation of it

Yeah, that's where I checked first.

pooflady

When you get e-mail warnings that you question and you check it on Snopes and find it's a myth, do you e-mail that back to the sender of the original e-mail?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:

heh. I guess the hook just got set, huh?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:When you get e-mail warnings that you question and you check it on Snopes and find it's a myth, do you e-mail that back to the sender of the original e-mail?

If it's someone I know and they won't get all pissy, then yes I do. I especially do if it's false safety information such as call 711 instead of 911. There was one something like that a couple years ago that I made sure to correct people.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
If it's someone I know and they won't get all pissy, then yes I do. I especially do if it's false safety information such as call 711 instead of 911. There was one something like that a couple years ago that I made sure to correct people.

I have one person that keeps sending me this stuff. You know, don't flash your lights, don't smell perfume in a parking lot, and on and on. And I keep sending her the rebuttal from Snopes and the website, but it just doesn't seem to sink in. The same one that keeps sending me all this touchy-feely stuff and forward to ten people and back to her. You'd think, since she never gets it back, she'd figure it out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

I have one person that keeps sending me this stuff. You know, don't flash your lights, don't smell perfume in a parking lot, and on and on. And I keep sending her the rebuttal from Snopes and the website, but it just doesn't seem to sink in. The same one that keeps sending me all this touchy-feely stuff and forward to ten people and back to her. You'd think, since she never gets it back, she'd figure it out.

Yea, my ex-s-i-l is like that. She's so happy to be using email I guess. I just delete and ignore unless it falls in that safety realm. I don't want to hurt her feelings. I never do those send to 10 people. If it's really funny, I'll delete all that part of the email and just send the funny bit to a few people.

I also hate when they send the 20 forwarded headers along with it...she does that also. Grrrr.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

OK, the light flashing was some sort of gang thing
What was the perfume thing?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
Yea, my ex-s-i-l is like that. She's so happy to be using email I guess. I just delete and ignore unless it falls in that safety realm. I don't want to hurt her feelings. I never do those send to 10 people. If it's really funny, I'll delete all that part of the email and just send the funny bit to a few people.

I also hate when they send the 20 forwarded headers along with it...she does that also. Grrrr.

Well, I do that because I don't know how not to.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:

OK, the light flashing was some sort of gang thing
What was the perfume thing?

Someone in the parking lot would try to sell you perfume and ask you to smell it. It would have something in it that would knock you out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

Well, I do that because I don't know how not to.

Probably the easiest way is to copy the relevant text and paste into a new email.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:I have one person that keeps sending me this stuff. You know, don't flash your lights, don't smell perfume in a parking lot, and on and on. And I keep sending her the rebuttal from Snopes and the website, but it just doesn't seem to sink in. The same one that keeps sending me all this touchy-feely stuff and forward to ten people and back to her. You'd think, since she never gets it back, she'd figure it out.

daj59 wrote:

You know you can filter your e-mail right? set it to delete everything from a sender, or just put it in a different folder.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:

You know you can filter your e-mail right? set it to delete everything from a sender, or just put it in a different folder.

Hint for good family relations: Don't auto-delete email from family members.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:

Fen, these are friends and relatives. They can't delete it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Fen, these are friends and relatives. They can't delete it!

Your right, send them an E-mail telling them to stop sending you crap.

FenStar

Did I ever mention that everyone in my family is an idiot? I hope I'm adopted, or better yet, not even human.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Did I ever mention that everyone in my family is an idiot? I hope I'm adopted, or better yet, not even human.

Careful, your immaturity is showing.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite
pooflady wrote:

//still waiting for Bill Gates to send me my money for forwarding all those e-mails...

ThunderThighs

Staff

NeoLuddite wrote:

//still waiting for Bill Gates to send me my money for forwarding all those e-mails...

That was one of my favs!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

NeoLuddite wrote:

That's right. That check should be huge by now.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite
pooflady wrote:

That's right. That check should be huge by now.

Sure, but not as big as the check I'll be getting from that nice Nigerian fellow-I just send him a few hundred and it will unlock the millions held in trust during all the Troubles over there. King Abdumamajamma is sure to reward me handsomely!

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
daj59 wrote:

I hate it when they it is "to" 'everyone on their mailing list'
My address gets out there in everyones address book and these are the kind of people that get the viruses that spammers get our addresses from. (maybe not true, but it sounds good to me since my inbox spam has increased greatly since my d-i-l's mother has been sending me stuff this way)...

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

killingtime

Anyone ever have a "Butterscotch Pear?" We bought 6 in a box (wrapped in their own netting) at BJ's for $7.99...a decadent purchase - I hope it will be worth it.

Uncorked

Younger son just got home, must be family-like now.
until later...

killingtime

Uncorked wrote:Younger son just got home, must be family-like now.
until later...

Hasta...pasta.

Uncorked

Uncorked wrote:Younger son just got home, must be family-like now.
until later...

OK , I'm intermitantly back....
//looks around//
I think I'll check over in PWA

ThunderThighs

Staff

Uncorked wrote:
OK , I'm intermittently back....
//looks around//
I think I'll check over in PWA

intermittently? You gotta loose connection or something?

FORUM MODERATOR

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
killingtime wrote:

How can a fish be dumb? They spend all day in schools.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

Uncorked

daj59 wrote:
intermittently? You gotta loose connection or something?

Not to the internet...

Son came home for a couple days...need to be a little sociable..

ThunderThighs

Staff

Uncorked wrote:
Not to the internet...

So you have a loose connection to your son?

FORUM MODERATOR

czardastx

Uncorked wrote:
Not to the internet...

Hey, if the kid wants to be entertained he should go to a circus. That doesn't mean
tell him to post here.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:

Hey, if the kid wants to be entertained he should go to a circus. That doesn't mean
tell him to post here.

FORUM MODERATOR

Uncorked

czardastx wrote:

tell him to post here.

I can't talk and type at the same time.......

Sometimes I can't even type....He's watching a DVD movie on the main computer

czardastx

Uncorked wrote:
I can't talk and type at the same time.......

Sometimes I can't even type....He's watching a DVD movie on the main computer

I can't converse and type either. I can't multi-task. Either something or somebody
gets my full attention or it doesn't. No in between.

Uncorked

czardastx wrote:

I can't converse and type either. I can't multi-task. Either something or somebody
gets my full attention or it doesn't. No in between.

I try to be like that, but I usually have 3 or 4 people at work trying to ask me questions or do something all at the same time...It's gotten to be a habit to split conversations several ways...I don't like it, but I have to sometimes...