czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
Uncorked wrote:
I try to be like that, but I usually have 3 or 4 people at work trying to ask me questions or do something all at the same time...It's gotten to be a habit to split conversations several ways...I don't like it, but I have to sometimes...

If I'm on the phone and another line rings, I won't answer the other line. Unless it's
something I know is important. Same thing for when people are in the office. If I'm
talking to someone in person, and the phone rings, I'll let the call go to voice mail. I
know I hate it when I talk to someone and they stop talking to take a phone call. To
me that's the same as saying "You're not important enough for my undivided attention,
hold on while I talk to someone that I feel is more important to you". I guess it all
comes from being taught as a child to not interrupt someone when they're speaking.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
czardastx wrote:

If I'm on the phone and another line rings, I won't answer the other line. Unless it's
something I know is important. Same thing for when people are in the office. If I'm
talking to someone in person, and the phone rings, I'll let the call go to voice mail. I
know I hate it when I talk to someone and they stop talking to take a phone call. To
me that's the same as saying "You're not important enough for my undivided attention,
hold on while I talk to someone that I feel is more important to you". I guess it all
comes from being taught as a child to not interrupt someone when they're speaking.

That's what bothers me about it. I can be talking to someone and the phone rings, if nobody else is there to answer I have to. (Hospital) The department get an incident report filed against it if we're not available or don't answer the phone or are a minute late delivering something.

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

czardastx

Uncorked wrote:
That's what bothers me about it. I can be talking to someone and the phone rings, if nobody else is there to answer I have to. (Hospital) The department get an incident report filed against it if we're not available or don't answer the phone or are a minute late delivering something.

That I can understand. I know in my last yearly employee evaluation my supervisor put
down that I need to multi-task more. I see multi-tasking as a way to make mistakes on
more than one thing at a time. I don't understand how someone can give 100% when
they divide their attention between 2 or more projects. I start each day with a plan
of what I'll get done that day. Doesn't mean the plan will get completed, but at least
I know what I want to get done that day.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

Uncorked

czardastx wrote:

That I can understand. I know in my last yearly employee evaluation my supervisor put
down that I need to multi-task more. I see multi-tasking as a way to make mistakes on
more than one thing at a time. I don't understand how someone can give 100% when
they divide their attention between 2 or more projects. I start each day with a plan
of what I'll get done that day. Doesn't mean the plan will get completed, but at least
I know what I want to get done that day.

Sometimes I think my bos sthinks too highly of me...
I do the usual dispensing, dosing, patient care (normal pharmacist stuff) and years ago I took on being the department computer guru. I'm currently working on 3 (or is it 4) differnet upgrades that are all due for "go-live" between now & the end of April. My co-workers are very understanding and cover for me because they don't want to get into the other stuff. I also got the privilege of coordinating our department remodel and last-week's move to our 4 month temporary home. I like to keep busy.....

czardastx

Uncorked wrote:
Sometimes I think my bos sthinks too highly of me...
I do the usual dispensing, dosing, patient care (normal pharmacist stuff) and years ago I took on being the department computer guru. I'm currently working on 3 (or is it 4) differnet upgrades that are all due for "go-live" between now & the end of April. My co-workers are very understanding and cover for me because they don't want to get into the other stuff. I also got the privilege of coordinating our department remodel and last-week's move to our 4 month temporary home. I like to keep busy.....

That's all I do all day. Keep busy. I'm working in a two person office, but doing it by
myself. As hard as I try to not let it happen, things slip through the cracks. All I
know is that I better not ever get written up for it. If that ever happened, all hell
would break loose.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

I'm freezing...it is a balmy 22*.

We are about to have dinner. A tad late, but better late than never.

czardastx

killingtime wrote:I'm freezing...it is a balmy 22*.

What are you having?

Know what sounds good? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Dang, now I want a PB&J sandwich.

Uncorked

czardastx wrote:

That's all I do all day. Keep busy. I'm working in a two person office, but doing it by
myself. As hard as I try to not let it happen, things slip through the cracks. All I
know is that I better not ever get written up for it. If that ever happened, all hell
would break loose.

I think we're lucky right now. For the first time in many years, we have been at what they call full staff for several months (although one of our technicians just turne din her 2-week notice)
We do seem to have several personality conflicts going. It seems like a group of 12 adults could get along better. Hey, I guess we're just human with all that human nature stuff

killingtime

czardastx wrote:

What are you having?

Know what sounds good? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Dang, now I want a PB&J sandwich.

Stir fry, but without rice...just meat and veggies.

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:I'm freezing...it is a balmy 22*.

I'd take 22*
Try 9*
Spring must be coming soon....please....!!!

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

Stir fry, but without rice...just meat and veggies.

That's good too. I'm very picky about what type of rice I'll eat. Meaning how it's
prepared or what it's served with.

Uncorked

czardastx wrote:

That's good too. I'm very picky about what type of rice I'll eat. Meaning how it's
prepared or what it's served with.

We had some really well prepared long grain rice at an Afghani place in Hamilton,Ontario last year. I hope we get back through there again someday, and hope they are still open..

killingtime

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:Cheesy...

I didn't see any cheese there

czardastx

killingtime wrote:Cheesy...

Uh, no, it's stupid.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:

Uh, no, it's stupid.

And some marketing brilliant got paid to do it, I bet.

Uncorked

Time to sign off for the night...
Seeya all tomorrow...

czardastx

Uncorked wrote:Time to sign off for the night...
Seeya all tomorrow...

Night unc.

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

And some marketing brilliant got paid to do it, I bet.

What is more shocking is that some DQ exec. decided that it was a good idea.

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea

Just got back from a very high class party... still in my shirt and tie... what's up misfits??

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:Just got back from a very high class party... still in my shirt and tie... what's up misfits??

In stark contrast, I am at home, finished sorting out my tax info...in mis-matched pajamas, thermal top & hoodie...and the socks D'Name sent to my swamp home.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:Just got back from a very high class party... still in my shirt and tie... what's up misfits??

Those are the days you wish you had your license photo or passport photo taken, but inevitably it isn't...

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

Those are the days you wish you had your license photo or passport photo taken, but inevitably it isn't...

I had to take my D.L. photo last week. I wonder if they got the embroidered logo in
the shot that is on my uniform shirt.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

In stark contrast, I am at home, finished sorting out my tax info...in mis-matched pajamas, thermal top & hoodie...and the socks D'Name sent to my swamp home.

Swampy! I spent $200 on this outfit today plus a haircut and I'm not ready to get out of it quite yet.

(Express For Men shopper... And where's my boy Zilla??)

killingtime

czardastx wrote:

I had to take my D.L. photo last week. I wonder if they got the embroidered logo in
the shot that is on my uniform shirt.

I've learned a little trick...if you don't look directly at the camera lens, your eyes don't look all crazy...if you look beyond the camera, it comes out much better...

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Swampy! I spent $200 on this outfit today plus a haircut and I'm not ready to get out of it quite yet.

(Express For Men shopper... And where's my boy Zilla??)

Time for youtube...

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Time for youtube...

Camera is out in the car... There was also a silent auction tonight and somehow I scored this bottle of DKNY cologne for $20. Very excited, smelling it right now.

EDIT: Yea, it's good...

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

I've learned a little trick...if you don't look directly at the camera lens, your eyes don't look all crazy...if you look beyond the camera, it comes out much better...

How'd you know I have crazy eyes?

bluebledthesea

bluebledthesea wrote:

Camera is out in the car... There was also a silent auction tonight and somehow I scored this bottle of DKNY cologne for $20. Very excited, smelling it right now.

Nice, I see it upwards of $60 on the net, sans the bag I got it in.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

You are buzzed, aren't you?

You are going to pee in your bedroom closet tonight, aren't you?

czardastx wrote:

How'd you know I have crazy eyes?

Everybody knows...

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

You are buzzed, aren't you?

You are going to pee in your bedroom closet tonight, aren't you?

Thbbbth! Yes I'm buzzed, but I'm not in college anymore, and I can hold my liquor. Most likely better than anyone on here, second only to Zilla...

I can't help it, all these dudes in business suits kept buying me drinks at the mahogany bar...

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Thbbbth! Yes I'm buzzed, but I'm not in college anymore, and I can hold my liquor. Most likely better than anyone on here, second only to Zilla...

I can't help it, all these dudes in business suits kept buying me drinks at the mahogany bar...

Better than acemom?

Definitely better than me, I am sure. 2-3 drinks and I am ready for bed. I don't get "buzzed"...I get tired.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Better than acemom?

Definitely better than me, I am sure. 2-3 drinks and I am ready for bed. I don't get "buzzed"...I get tired.

Let's just say I lost track around 6 drinks... which means I had 7 or 8. Now I'm sipping on some Landry cognac and seltzer and I'm more than coherent.

I don't know ace's limit... we should all get around a campfire in the woods with a full cooler and see what happens.

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

Better than acemom?

Definitely better than me, I am sure. 2-3 drinks and I am ready for bed (after I pee in the closet). I don't get "buzzed"...I get tired.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Let's just say I lost track around 6 drinks... which means I had 7 or 8. Now I'm sipping on some Landry cognac and seltzer and I'm more than coherent.

I don't know ace's limit... we should all get around a campfire in the woods with a full cooler and see what happens.

Something tells me I would be the key keeper...or maybe Fen...

killingtime

czardastx wrote:<altered quote>

My husband, when younger, has peed in a closet, peed in a chest of drawers and walked next door in someone else's dorm room, lifted the covers and peed on someone in bed who didn't notice because he was passed out himself...

Luckily he got out of that weird peeing thing before we met.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Something tells me I would be the key keeper...or maybe Fen...

Fen would be curled up in the corner until I got him some some cranberry juice... Spiked with Vivarin...

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

My husband, when younger, has peed in a closet, peed in a chest of drawers and walked next door in someone else's dorm room, lifted the covers and peed on someone in bed who didn't notice because he was passed out himself...

Luckily he got out of that weird peeing thing before we met.

I've never done the pee thing... I'm always in control of it. Either I get to the urinal or I keep it in.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bluebledthesea wrote:

I'm too old to get drunk and go pee in the woods.
Can't we all just book the same hotel?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

czardastx

dontwantaname wrote:

I'm too old to get drunk and go pee in the woods.
Can't we all just book the same hotel?

I don't need to be drunk to pee in the woods.