killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

killingtime

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
killingtime wrote:For Poof?

Thread discussion

Henckels is good stuff. Too bad I'm not looking for something like that.

Someone on that thread mentioned wanting wood handles... I've never been a fan of wood handles or wooden cutting boards. They always seem like they'd be a bacteria paradise, even after washing. Only things wood I have are a spoon for stirring sauces, a flat thing for stir fries and a Swedish whisk. I use them sparingly though.

EDIT: Anything for me??

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

EDIT: Anything for me??

I found you the Niagara Falls thing, remember?

What else are you looking for?

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Oh right! That's good enough. Dad's birthday is next weekend, but I think it will still be good for March 9-11.

killingtime

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Actually, if you want something to do...

I'm looking for a 15.4" MacBook Pro notebook with the 2.33ghz dual core processor, 2gb ram and at least the 120gig hard drive. Also with a price well enough below the Apple store's $2,499 to make me want to buy elsewhere. Should be a seemingly trustworthy source too. I could just go down to the Apple store at Providence Place mall and pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to pay full price and have no worries. MB has an educator's discount as well. It's probably a few $100 off. A bonus software package with video and photo editing beyond iLife would be a nice bonus. (Aperture, Final Cut)

I don't really like ebay either, btw. Good luck!

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

How about Boston to Virginia or DC $39/each way via JetBlue? If you aren't upset with them.

I'm not particularly upset with them. I don't fly much. I would drive to Virginia or DC... I think MB deals mostly with Delta anyway. Low price though.

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

Actually, if you want something to do...

I'm looking for a 15.4" MacBook Pro notebook with the 2.33ghz dual core processor, 2gb ram and at least the 120gig hard drive. Also with a price well enough below the Apple store's $2,499 to make me want to buy elsewhere. Should be a seemingly trustworthy source too. I could just go down to the Apple store at Providence Place mall and pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to pay full price and have no worries. MB has an educator's discount as well. It's probably a few $100 off. A bonus software package with video and photo editing beyond iLife would be a nice bonus. (Aperture, Final Cut)

I don't really like ebay either, btw. Good luck!

Not really easy...Mac prices don't vary much...

source 1

source 2

source 3

What happened to ebay one?

killingtime

Try MacZone...Mac Connection...

killingtime

Nite~!

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:Try MacZone...Mac Connection...

Thanks KT, I'll check them out. I think the ebay one went for like $2100, but I never verified my PayPal so there was no point in bidding. I only ever opened the thing for my Woot prize money... Oh, and I checked. Educator's discount takes it to $2,299, straight from the mall.

G'night!

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

killingtime

Morning misfits~!

Nice photos, Neo.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Morniing All

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:Morniing All

Morning Terry~! How are you feeling?

terrybatey

killingtime wrote:

Morning Terry~! How are you feeling?

Ok, fell to sleep for an hour this morning right before the minister arrived. I missed him. God must have had a plan for me.
These weekly visits are becoming annoying. In church I can just ignore him if I don't agree with him. One on one that is harder. If he is only speaking to me I feel like I need to answer.

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:
Ok, fell to sleep for an hour this morning right before the minister arrived. I missed him. God must have had a plan for me.
These weekly visits are becoming annoying. In church I can just ignore him if I don't agree with him. One on one that is harder. If he is only speaking to me I feel like I need to answer.

You are very lucky that he comes to your home, though. What faith are you?

terrybatey

killingtime wrote:

You are very lucky that he comes to your home, though. What faith are you?

Methodist, he comes and talks to me then has breakfast with us before he goes off to the church for service. I think he just wants the breakfast. heh

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:For Poof?

Thread discussion

Thanks, KT, but I just ordered another ceramic knife. I really, really like those.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

ooh...love what you did with the opening pic, mistress!

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:
Methodist, he comes and talks to me then has breakfast with us before he goes off to the church for service. I think he just wants the breakfast. heh

Either he's a smart man or feels the weight of your donation when the collection plate is passed.

BTW, what is happening with your neighbor?

pooflady wrote:
Thanks, KT, but I just ordered another ceramic knife. I really, really like those.

Good. What brand? Where are you ordering from?

Lynnzoi wrote:ooh...love what you did with the opening pic, mistress!

Thank you. I'm truly jealous of your trip.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Hello KT, did you find me a laptop yet?

Still single, can't imagine why.

Lynnzoi

killingtime wrote:

Thank you. I'm truly jealous of your trip.

well someday we'll just hafta bop on across the pond together

Lynnzoi

FenStar wrote:Hello KT, did you find me a laptop yet?

hey Fen...hope ya saw my thanks on PWA for the pic you did of Dunc.... thanks again.

killingtime

Lynnzoi wrote:

well someday we'll just hafta bop on across the pond together

Definitely. Have you ever been to the Dover cliffs? I want to go.

terrybatey

KT said: Either he's a smart man or feels the weight of your donation when the collection plate is passed.

Yes, to both on the first question.
My husband went to Harrisburg on Thursday and ended up stuck there with committee issues until yesterday afternoon. He will be seeing the neighbor on Tuesday before he goes down to Washington. Hopefully it will all work out. The neighbors wife called me on Friday and was happy that she already knows the people who would be moving in there. (yes, she said would be..she feels we already have a deal apparently) They have met them many times at my home over the years and think they are really a nice couple.

Lynnzoi

killingtime wrote:

Definitely. Have you ever been to the Dover cliffs? I want to go.

no - not been to that part of the country

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:KT said: Either he's a smart man or feels the weight of your donation when the collection plate is passed.

Yes, to both on the first question.
My husband went to Harrisburg on Thursday and ended up stuck there with committee issues until yesterday afternoon. He will be seeing the neighbor on Tuesday before he goes down to Washington. Hopefully it will all work out. The neighbors wife called me on Friday and was happy that she already knows the people who would be moving in there. (yes, she said would be..she feels we already have a deal apparently) They have met them many times at my home over the years and think they are really a nice couple.

Excellent...so it it is just financials holding it apart for the time being...

killingtime

Lynnzoi wrote:

no - not been to that part of the country

I wouldn't mind going anywhere...

FenStar

Lynnzoi wrote:hey Fen...hope ya saw my thanks on PWA for the pic you did of Dunc.... thanks again.

I did!

terrybatey

killingtime wrote:

Excellent...so it it is just financials holding it apart for the time being...

Don't think the money part will be a big issue for this couple. They are just tired of keeping up so much on their own. They now consider this part of their property a burden to them. The cottage was originally built as a home, guess you'd say fancy pool house, for entertainment and three guest bedrooms. The pool was far from their home so they built this down by the pool. Around ten years ago they had a pool built right behind their home which is the one they use. The other home and pool is a lot of upkeep for them.
You gave me an idea with the minister though...I should mail him out a check tonight for next Sundays services...he'll recieve it long before Saturday and that is when he calls to say he is coming over on Sunday mourning. It's worth a shot.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
terrybatey wrote:
Don't think the money part will be a big issue for this couple. They are just tired of keeping up so much on their own. They now consider this part of their property a burden to them. The cottage was originally built as a home, guess you'd say fancy pool house, for entertainment and three guest bedrooms. The pool was far from their home so they built this down by the pool. Around ten years ago they had a pool built right behind their home which is the one they use. The other home and pool is a lot of upkeep for them.
You gave me an idea with the minister though...I should mail him out a check tonight for next Sundays services...he'll recieve it long before Saturday and that is when he calls to say he is coming over on Sunday mourning. It's worth a shot.

If I were you, I'd just use the excuse that you frequently don't feel up to guests and you'll call him when you want him.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:

Sounds ideal. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all.

FenStar

I needz a new puter!

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
FenStar wrote:I needz a new puter!

get one with a spell check

killingtime

pblgov wrote:
get one with a spell check

Heh. Morning pbl.

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
killingtime wrote:

Heh. Morning pbl.

hiya kt... what do you have against dizzle?

FenStar

killingtime wrote:Heh. Morning pbl.

Morning KT

Bye all