czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
zea3 wrote:For those who do their own taxes, which program do you use?

H&R Block TaxCut.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
killingtime wrote:

I have gas, so it isn't quite that easy...

Oh, yeah you don't want to screw those up! Although some gas stoves also have burners that pull out for cleaning. I think those are newer stoves.

zea3

daj59 wrote:
Call GE directly. That's what I did with Whirlpool when I moved into this house. They helped me find all the replacement parts I needed.

GE Site

Already tried that one. Haven't tried to call yet.

zea3

killingtime wrote:

Try here?

Yes, tried that one too. All the sites I search I get zilch on the model number. I guess there are not many of them around anymore.

zea3

czardastx wrote:
H&R Block TaxCut.

I used to use that one but it started acting buggy on my computer a couple of years ago. Have you used it this year?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:
Already tried that one. Haven't tried to call yet.

It was the call that worked for me. It could very well be that you won't find a part and will have to find a used one someplace though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

czardastx

zea3 wrote:
I used to use that one but it started acting buggy on my computer a couple of years ago. Have you used it this year?

It seemed to work o.k. this year.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

zea3

daj59 wrote:
It was the call that worked for me. It could very well be that you won't find a part and will have to find a used one someplace though.

So far the guy at Lowe's hot-line says the part is no longer available. Guess I"ll call GE tomorrow. I really can't afford a new oven right now.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
zea3 wrote:
So far the guy at Lowe's hot-line says the part is no longer available. Guess I"ll call GE tomorrow. I really can't afford a new oven right now.

I'd call GE...seems like they'd be the one to take it up with.

czardastx

zea3 wrote:

You might also want to call some of the bigger appliance repair businesses, they might
be able to help you track it down. But you'd probably need the model info for that.

killingtime

zea...try craigslist, if buying a stove is not an option. Some people want very little or nothing for them. It would get you by until you can buy one.

If you PM me your location, I can begin a search, if you'd like.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pblgov wrote:I don't pick up pennies

I don't pick up coins.

Still single, can't imagine why.

czardastx

FenStar wrote: I don't pick up coins.

You save your energy for picking up chicks. I can admire that.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:
You save your energy for picking up chicks. I can admire that.

Heh. That's a lot of stored energy built up. Heh.

FenStar

Stupid delay time for sigs...

FenStar

czardastx

FenStar wrote:Stupid delay time for sigs...

Do you have a new sig?

I don't see it.

FenStar

czardastx wrote:Do you have a new sig? I don't see it.

That's what I'm saying, it takes forever.

czardastx

FenStar wrote:That's what I'm saying, it takes forever.

I still don't see it.

czardastx

FenStar's Siggy Line wrote:The truth of the matter is, the truth doesn’t matter.
Crazy List - killingtime (March 5th-10th)

What year does it start and end.

FenStar

czardastx wrote:What year does it start and end.

LMAO!

czardastx

FenStar wrote:LMAO!

I think it needs a question mark for the end time.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:
What year does it start and end.

Hey! I thought you were on my side!?!

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

Hey! I thought you were on my side!?!

I don't take sides when it comes to needling someone. In this case I'm needling
both of you at once. Needling Fen to change the "10th" to a "?". Needling you about
being crazy.

When the opportunity presents itself I'll jump in and give you a hand with needling Fen.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:
I don't take sides when it comes to needling someone. When the opportunity presents itself I'll jump in and give you a hand with needling Fen.

Oh, okay.

zea3

killingtime wrote:zea...try craigslist, if buying a stove is not an option. Some people want very little or nothing for them. It would get you by until you can buy one.

If you PM me your location, I can begin a search, if you'd like.

thanks, KT. I'm familiar with craigslist, so if I strike out with GE I'll give that a try. I'm hoping I can find elements that will be compatible with my current oven. It is a double oven and built into the wall, so its not like something I can replace easily.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:
thanks, KT. I'm familiar with craigslist, so if I strike out with GE I'll give that a try. I'm hoping I can find elements that will be compatible with my current oven. It is a double oven and built into the wall, so its not like something I can replace easily.

A number of years ago I had to try to find an element for my range, which was also very oldl, and I took the element to a parts store and they managed to match it up to one for me.

I don't even know if they have stores like that anymore.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym
czardastx wrote:
H&R Block TaxCut.

Free H&R Block TaxCut basic It worked great for me.

Here's a link to a bunch of other links to free online EFiling if your Adjusted gross income of $50,000 or less, AND you are age of 50 or less.

I'm the man from Nantucket!

zea3

Anthroponym wrote:

Free H&R Block TaxCut basic It worked great for me.

Here's a link to a bunch of other links to free online EFiling if your Adjusted gross income of $50,000 or less, AND you are age of 50 or less.

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out.

zea3

pooflady wrote:

A number of years ago I had to try to find an element for my range, which was also very oldl, and I took the element to a parts store and they managed to match it up to one for me.

I don't even know if they have stores like that anymore.

That will be one of my projects for later this evening, to see if there is a place in town that still does that. Whip out the old yellow pages! I guess to find an old part you gotta search the old way!

czardastx

zea3 wrote:
That will be one of my projects for later this evening, to see if there is a place in town that still does that. Whip out the old yellow pages! I guess to find an old part you gotta search the old way!

Let your fingers do the walking.

killingtime

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
zea3 wrote:

you mean it's not just a website?

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
killingtime wrote:

Picture # 8 looks like my husband.

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:Picture # 8 looks like my husband.

This one?

Mind if I borrow him for a few hours?

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
killingtime wrote:

This one?

Mind if I borrow him for a few hours?

Mine, all mine. The head with a suit on that is his look or nice shirt and jeans...no sports clothes

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:
Mine, all mine. The head with a suit on that is his look or nice shirt and jeans...no sports clothes

Heh.

S'ok...nothing like the real thing, baby...

Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym
killingtime wrote:

This one?

I thought that was Charlie Starkweather

I'm the man from Nantucket!

killingtime

I really like this one.

killingtime

Anthroponym wrote:

I thought that was Charlie Starkweather

Heh. You are living on another planet, man.

That's ROBERT SMITH!