ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:
i think we always called those "skeeter eaters"... they don't eat mosquitoes? i thought they were good to have...

According to Wikipedia:

Despite their common names, crane flies do not prey on mosquitoes, nor do they bite humans. Adult crane flies feed on nectar or they do not feed at all; most crane fly species live only to mate and die once they become adults.

This seems appropriate for KT's thread:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Not really. I turn the radio off and just think. You don't really have many times to do that.

i like to put on long albums, like The Wall

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

daj59 wrote:According to Wikipedia:

Despite their common names, crane flies do not prey on mosquitoes, nor do they bite humans. Adult crane flies feed on nectar or they do not feed at all; most crane fly species live only to mate and die once they become adults.

huh

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:
According to Wikipedia:

Put Bolero on, maybe they'll die faster.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

You saying I should dance on them?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Put Bolero on, maybe they'll die faster.

but why, when they're apparently nothing more than a little annoying?

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

Or do you mean the movie?. I think I'd have a hard time getting them to sit still and pay attention to it.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
You saying I should dance on them?

No, maybe they'll get in the mood faster, mate, and die. Don't need a long courtship.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Hey, Daj, I was talking to some people today (that do a lot more overseas traveling than I do, particularly Asia) and they were talking about the fact that many cultures don't use washcloths and you might want to take your own. Have you heard of this? Neo probably knows.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:No, maybe they'll get in the mood faster, mate, and die. Don't need a long courtship.

I think this discussion belongs in RAT. It might get x-rated.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hey, Daj, I was talking to some people today (that do a lot more overseas traveling than I do, particularly Asia) and they were talking about the fact that many cultures don't use washcloths and you might want to take your own. Have you heard of this? Neo probably knows.

I heard toilet paper and hand cleaner/towlettes. Not washclothes yet. I probably need to start making list of weird things to take.

When I told son about the Japanese open mind toward, uhm, bathrooms, like this one, he just about freaked.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:I heard toilet paper and hand cleaner/towlettes. Not washclothes yet. I probably need to start making list of weird things to take.

When I told son about the Japanese open mind toward, uhm, bathrooms, like this one, he just about freaked.

I hope you're having lots of conversations about different cultures and we're not necessarily right.

Although I think a teen-age boy could handle things better than a teen-age girl.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
dontwantaname wrote:.

. to you too!!!

Good Morning Misfits!!! The sea spray is making my hair sparkle....

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
daj59 wrote:When I told son about the Japanese open mind toward, uhm, bathrooms, like this one, he just about freaked.

Those urinals don't look like anything special... I've lined up with guys before, in sight of the door. People would still be hard pressed to see anything from that angle, and when you gotta go, you gotta. ?

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
bluebledthesea wrote:

Those urinals don't look like anything special... I've lined up with guys before, in sight of the door. People would still be hard pressed to see anything from that angle, and when you gotta go, you gotta. ?

Little were you told that there are park benches across from the opening - with large spot lights (capable of being aimed in any specified direction) and telescopic cameras...

On that note, time to get in the shower. Leaving at 9...

See ya round.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
killingtime wrote:

Little were you told that there are park benches across from the opening - with large spot lights (capable of being aimed in any specified direction) and telescopic cameras...

On that note, time to get in the shower. Leaving at 9...

See ya round.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Have a safe trip.

bluebledthesea

For those who missed it, yesterday was National Steak & Blow Job Day, appropriately placed one month after Valentine's Day.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I never really noticed anything particularly public about the restrooms in Japan. What I remember most vividly is how difficult it is to figure out where you're going or where you are. Other than in Tokyo itself, there is very little English or any other language visible anywhere. Just characters (kanji?) that are simply impossible to decipher without experience. and even in Tokyo, such things are very rare, only seen at a very few tourist spots and in train stations and airports.
I have to say, too, that I've been in some of the worlds biggest cities- London, New York, LA, but I was not prepared for Tokyo's hugeness. It was overwhelming as we came into the city for the first time from the airport. Its an awesome place to go, I wish I were going back!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
bluebledthesea wrote:For those who missed it, yesterday was National Steak & Blow Job Day, appropriately placed one month after Valentine's Day.

Oh well, maybe next year.....

HA!

Josephus

bluebledthesea wrote:For those who missed it, yesterday was National Steak & Blow Job Day, appropriately placed one month after Valentine's Day.

Here's a more-safe-for-work url for that page, so you can send reminders to your friends for next year.
http://tinyurl.com/8goz

Josephus

I just put in a bracket at the washington post's web bracket thingy. Its really easy.
http://asap.washingtonpost.com/tourneytracker/new_bracket.html
doesn''t seem to work with FF though.

bluebledthesea

Josephus wrote:I just put in a bracket at the washington post's web bracket thingy. Its really easy.
http://asap.washingtonpost.com/tourneytracker/new_bracket.html
doesn''t seem to work with FF though.

I'm running a pool on Facebook with my friends. If any of the younger folks are on there I can add you. For my personal brackets I use ESPN. It has a nice Flash based system. I'm also using CBS Sportsline to do round-by-round picks.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Morning Misfits
Edit: Guess no one is around this morning. Well have a good day when you do show up. Going out to enjoy the air.

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
daj59 wrote:I heard toilet paper and hand cleaner/towlettes. Not washclothes yet. I probably need to start making list of weird things to take.

I suggest having tp like you already have listed, sanitizer, and yes wash clothes if you use them. Some places may be nice, but they still do not have all the little ameneties. I talso tried opening shampoo once but it was hard so have some small scissors with you(in suitcase of course).

Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym
jqubed wrote:
i like to put on long albums, like The Wall

Where do you plug in the turntable?

I'm the man from Nantucket!

peglegwookie

bluebledthesea wrote:

Exactly. All those troughs in the stadiums are a good example of great public urinals.

Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym

Every year?... lucky suckers

I'm the man from Nantucket!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
daj59 wrote:When I told son about the Japanese open mind toward, uhm, bathrooms, like this one, he just about freaked.

I think the bath houses are worse... Besides, I only use stalls anyways.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peglegwookie wrote:

Exactly. All those troughs in the stadiums are a good example of great public urinals.

Son would hold it rather than use that. He can't stand public bathrooms, school bathrooms, etc.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

daj59 wrote:Son would hold it rather than use that. He can't stand public bathrooms, school bathrooms, etc.

I think I like your son. (no KT, not that way)

Josephus

peglegwookie wrote:

I suggest having tp like you already have listed, sanitizer, and yes wash clothes if you use them. Some places may be nice, but they still do not have all the little ameneties. I talso tried opening shampoo once but it was hard so have some small scissors with you(in suitcase of course).

Certainly in Japan, whenever there is opportunity, ask the chef or the waiter to choose your food for you.
Be sure to go and have tempura. Be adventurous and have sashimi as well. It is soooo much better there every place I ate it there than even the best places I've tried it here.

DOn't be surprised by how accommodating they will be there. We went to the wrong restaurant once during a typhoon in Osaka. THe staff of that restaurant took their umbrellas and walked us to the other restaurant, ands insisted that we keep the umbrellas there until we left in our taxi. Once we ate in a tempura place in Tokyo near that famous shopping strip- the Ginza? anyway, when we went in, there weren't enough places for us all. They called around and found another tempura place, and their waitress took us to it to be sure we found it. The Japanese I've come in contact with in Japan have been the most gracious hosts in any country I've seen. If you forget something, you should ask at your hotel- they'll almost certainly have it or get it for you.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:

Certainly in Japan, whenever there is opportunity, ask the chef or the waiter to choose your food for you.
Be sure to go and have tempura. Be adventurous and have sashimi as well. It is soooo much better there every place I ate it there than even the best places I've tried it here.

DOn't be surprised by how accommodating they will be there. We went to the wrong restaurant once during a typhoon in Osaka. THe staff of that restaurant took their umbrellas and walked us to the other restaurant, ands insisted that we keep the umbrellas there until we left in our taxi. Once we ate in a tempura place in Tokyo near that famous shopping strip- the Ginza? anyway, when we went in, there weren't enough places for us all. They called around and found another tempura place, and their waitress took us to it to be sure we found it. The Japanese I've come in contact with in Japan have been the most gracious hosts in any country I've seen. If you forget something, you should ask at your hotel- they'll almost certainly have it or get it for you.

This is what I've heard from others as well. I'm looking forward to the trip. Little nervous on our own and all.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

So, I used this so I could have the icon change on mouse over. It works fine in FF, but if I use IE it tells me there is a security risk. I don't like IE, but if people are going to be using it to find the site then I don't want to scare them off. Is there another way to do this?

bluebledthesea

FenStar wrote:So, I used this so I could have the icon change on mouse over. It works fine in FF, but if I use IE it tells me there is a security risk. I don't like IE, but if people are going to be using it to find the site then I don't want to scare them off. Is there another way to do this?

It works fine in IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 for me. I would do it using CSS though.

FenStar

bluebledthesea wrote:It works fine in IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 for me. I would do it using CSS though.

Mabye I did something wrong then.

I don 't know what I am talking about, but it looks to me like I would have to repeat the code each time if I wanted to use images where the text was already in the picture.

FenStar

Time to go to class, l8er.

peglegwookie

bluebledthesea wrote:

It works fine in IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 for me. I would do it using CSS though.

all hail the mighty bluebledsea

bluebledthesea

peglegwookie wrote:

all hail the mighty bluebledsea

WTF?

And I can't believe Fen said "l8er"...

peglegwookie

bluebledthesea wrote:

WTF?

And I can't believe Fen said "l8ter"...

I thought it was funny so i wanted to put it up and you did have a good answer i suppose.