AlienResearchGrpHome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

WOOT COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

I know many of us have been giving as much as we can afford with the advent of Katrina.

However, in these times when so many are in need of so much, the smallest voice of one hero championing a heartfelt cause often goes unheard.

I would like to challenge all my fellow wooters reading this post to donate $5.00 to cerealkiller's worthy cause!

She is one of our own, fellow caring Wooters.

Let's get her to her goal!

AlienResearchGrpHome

cerealkiller_001 wrote:
I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it's your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it's battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don't have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don't donate but sign up to walk in your community's walk I'll be happy! The link to donate is: Rachael's Light The Night Walk® Page 2005

Thanks to any one who thinks about it!!!

She's at 90%!!!
The walk is this weekend!
C'mon fellow caring Wooters, let's get her all the way there!

holmesdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesdog
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:

She's at 90%!!!
The walk is this weekend!
C'mon fellow caring Wooters, let's get her all the way there!

Don't despair, she'll make it by Friday night *wink*.

cerealkiller_001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerealkiller_001
 holmesdog wrote:

Don't despair, she'll make it by Friday night *wink*.

I've also got a few cash donations, so I'm actually at about $480 so close!!!

Alien Research Group

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alien Research Group

Is there anyone here disturbed by the selfishness or shallowness
of others, yet has not been generous enough to give 5 bucks? ;)

How about one dollar?

Please ask your mom, friend, whomever!!!

cerealkiller_001

HEY I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I'M OVER MY GOAL NOW!!!!!!!! wow.... now I'm gonna have to come up with a new signature.....

Alien Research Group

AlienResearchGrpHome

Hey cerealkiller, how'd your walk go?

holmesdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesdog

She posted this Saturday night:

cerealkiller_001 wrote:
Well I did the walk tonight, it was fun, foot didn't hurt much, put some extra bandaids on and some comfy socks and good shoes and I was ok to go. Soooooooooo many people!!! They ran out of the lights to go in the balloons. One team raised over $42,000.00 in one month, that was more than any other group in the Washington/Alaska chapter! Over all estimated total for tonights walk in Seattle: approximately $450,000.00! Thanks to all the wooters who helped out! The camera is still packed away in a box somewhere so I couldn't take any pictures but I'll try to find something from the local paper abouti t tomorrow.

cerealkiller_001

it was great. see above post too. I did write hawk on my wrist for you, big black sharpie letters. it was a beautiful night in Seattle, I think I'm gonna do it again next year. It was really tough for me at the beginning/registration part. People were asking me why I was walking ("are you walking in memory of someone?") I wore a big sticker on my jacket that said I was walking in memory of my dad, it's been two years but it'll still make me cry easily. The good news is people carrying white balloons there meant they were a survivor, and there were a lot of white balloons. Thanks again for helping me reach my goal!

waxedstrong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waxedstrong

If I wasnt poor from supporting my family and going to school full time, I would definatly dontate. that is such a tragedy what happend and some of them will never recover their loses.

Alien Research Group

cerealkiller_001 wrote:

it was great. see above post too. I did write hawk on my wrist for you, big black sharpie letters. it was a beautiful night in Seattle, I think I'm gonna do it again next year. It was really tough for me at the beginning/registration part. People were asking me why I was walking ("are you walking in memory of someone?") I wore a big sticker on my jacket that said I was walking in memory of my dad, it's been two years but it'll still make me cry easily. The good news is people carrying white balloons there meant they were a survivor, and there were a lot of white balloons. Thanks again for helping me reach my goal!

I am so glad you were able to do this.
Thank you so much for writing "HAWK" on your wrist.
I thought of you...
I thought of him...
I understand too well your hurt...
Doing this for him and others is a beautiful act of love.
I'm sure he is very proud of you.

Alien Research Group

waxedstrong wrote:
If I wasnt poor from supporting my family and going to school full time, I would definatly dontate. that is such a tragedy what happend and some of them will never recover their loses.

Just think if every person reading this thread donated a dollar...
It would mean that many more dollars out there doing good for the unfortunate.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
 Alien Research Group wrote:

Just think if every person reading this thread donated a dollar...
It would mean that many more dollars out there doing good for the unfortunate.

but look at it this way... since some people are able to donate more than one dollar, maybe they make up for some who truly can't afford it...
but I agree...give what ya can, even if it's only change from your pocket.
It all adds up.

Alien Research Group

acemom wrote:

but look at it this way... since some people are able to donate more than one dollar, maybe they make up for some who truly can't afford it...
but I agree...give what ya can, even if it's only change from your pocket.
It all adds up.

True enough...
However, there are very few truly unable to afford to give something.

AlienResearchGrpHome

Belly BumpersBumpers

AlienResearchGrpHome

"Have you ever dreamed of dog sledding through the frozen wastes of the arctic? Or wished you could trek through the Sun Gate and view the lost city of Machu Pichu? Or wanted to work in a school in Africa and help improve the lives of the impoverished children?

All these things and more are now available to you…

Across The Divide Expeditions organises trips all around the globe, to help raise money for worthwhile causes. We have helped raise over £10 million for charities in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the USA, since we where [sic] founded."

Charity Challenge?

AlienResearchGrpHome

Charity -Zvi Ribak

AlienResearchGrpHome

THE FIRST EPISTLE OF PAUL THE APOSTLE TO THE CORINTHIANS

CHAPTER 13
Paul extols the high status of charity——Charity, a pure love, excels and exceeds almost all else.

1 THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

AlienResearchGrpHome

2 Pet. 1: 7
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

AlienResearchGrpHome

Giving Thanks

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

Being loved deeply by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.
-Lao-Tzu

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

For more than two decades, the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month has educated women about breast cancer, especially the importance of detecting the disease in its earliest stages through screening mammography, clinical breast examination, and for women 20 years of age and older, breast self-examination.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
For more than two decades, the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month has educated women about breast cancer, especially the importance of detecting the disease in its earliest stages through screening mammography, clinical breast examination, and for women 20 years of age and older, breast self-examination.

and for the past two decades I've been doing my part in Helping women examine their breasts.
.It's called foreplay.

AlienResearchGrpHome

dreamaster wrote:

and for the past two decades I've been doing my part in Helping women examine their breasts.
.It's called foreplay.

Though far less common than in women, it is possible for men to develop breast cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that about 1,450 new cases of invasive breast cancer are diagnosed in men each year and approximately 470 men die from breast cancer annually. Male breast cancers account for approximately 1% of all breast cancer cases.

AlienResearchGrpHome

Breakthrough
At least 10% of sales of these items (Marks & Spencer) will be donated to Breakthrough, the leading UK charity committed to fighting breast cancer through research and education.

Royaloliver

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Royaloliver

AlienResearchGrpHome

"I don't recognize any other sign of superiority than kindness." - Beethoven

AlienResearchGrpHome

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

AlienResearchGrpHome

"Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known."
—Joseph B. Wirthlin

AlienResearchGrpHome

"Written in Chinese, the word crisis, is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represent opportunity." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-1963) 35th U.S. President (1961-63)

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome

"To continue means more than to endure or to tolerate something. It means to maintain a steady course of action with unshaken faith in Christ."

Binaural

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Binaural

This has pretty much turned into your own personal whoring thread, hasn't it?

Quick, someone check my spelling and grammar for me.